Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack to a king: The review 20:25 - Sep 12 with 32391 viewsPlazex

RATING OUT OF 10-No, I am being serious. A big 10.
It follows the story of Swansea from when they had the rollercoaster ride in 2001-2003 to where they are now. Some parts had the cinema laughing, especially the guys in the masks. Another part that was funny was the 'T.W.A.T.' Headline that had everyone laughing
I'm not gonna say that much, It is around an hour 30 long. Seriously, it's worth the 9 quid or whatever it is.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Jack to a king: The review on 01:31 - Sep 13 with 1980 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The above couple of posts seem a bit harsh. I even said it sounds like a pleasent film judging by the reviews from everybody in this thread and wished it financial success.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to drink or at the very least install a breathalyser to their computers.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Jack to a king: The review on 01:37 - Sep 13 with 1981 viewsshimmie

Jack to a king: The review on 01:31 - Sep 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The above couple of posts seem a bit harsh. I even said it sounds like a pleasent film judging by the reviews from everybody in this thread and wished it financial success.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to drink or at the very least install a breathalyser to their computers.

Oh f*ck off you sad tedious c*nt. why are you still awake anyway? The crushing loneliness not got to you yet? Such a prick
Jack to a king: The review on 01:41 - Sep 13 with 1968 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Jack to a king: The review on 01:37 - Sep 13 by shimmie

Oh f*ck off you sad tedious c*nt. why are you still awake anyway? The crushing loneliness not got to you yet? Such a prick

I'm not lonely. As the numerous people who have been stalking my Facebook and various social media accounts can confirm I have numerous friends and an active social life.

I would argue that the people who went out of their way to try and identify me and stalk me are the lonely people.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Jack to a king: The review on 04:56 - Sep 13 with 1920 viewsJackbustard

I thought it was very good but as stated the likes of Tate, Trundle, Monk and Rodgers should have been in it.

Also thought there was for to much focus on Leon and the omission of Tate complete from it did sour it a bit for me.

Also not even a mention for Jackett who won us promotion in our last season at the Vetch.

All in all I really enjoyed and filled up a few times, really did hit home how far we have come.
Jack to a king: The review on 07:28 - Sep 13 with 1852 viewsswancity

I hope at least 30 mins are dedicated to the main man Roberto Martinez. Without his input its doubtful we would have got beyond league one. As for jackett, my grand mother could have got that side promoted.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Jack to a king: The review on 08:20 - Sep 13 with 1791 viewsDr_Winston

Jack to a king: The review on 23:34 - Sep 12 by matt_the_jack

I was surprised to see you weren't in it Phil. I know they interviewed a lot of people and I guess they just couldn't show everything.

Mal did say when I went to the showing that they didn't want the film to be slowed down by Kenny or Sousa. Though I did think maybe a brief mention could've been given.

How would including the manager who delivered the first promotion of that rise be slowing it down?

From what I'm hearing about the film it seems less a documentary and more of a "didn't we do great" advertisement on behalf of certain individuals.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 8:22]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jack to a king: The review on 08:30 - Sep 13 with 1770 viewsAngelRangelQS

Jack to a king: The review on 01:05 - Sep 13 by shimmie

I'll tell you what it is. A great adaptation of the remarkable swansea story told through the eyes of the fans in a well produced professional manner. You leave there with loads to discuss with your mates who you've shared this ride with that brings up moments many of us had forgotten.

You'll never know that feeling though, because you're a social retard who spends 90% of your free time on here, getting a hard on when some responds to. Probably a consequence of being so utterly boring and forgettable in real life. You'll have no mates to discuss it with.

Was it a cinematic experience to rival that of gladiator or pulp fiction? No. Was it handy reminder that supporting a football club is as much about loyalty as it is keeping friendships and memories together? Yes it f)cking is. If you weren't so thourably unlinkable I'd pity you. Thanks for making it easy. You utter utter c*nt.

Jack to a king: The review on 08:31 - Sep 13 with 1760 viewsDyfnant

Jack to a king: The review on 04:56 - Sep 13 by Jackbustard

I thought it was very good but as stated the likes of Tate, Trundle, Monk and Rodgers should have been in it.

Also thought there was for to much focus on Leon and the omission of Tate complete from it did sour it a bit for me.

Also not even a mention for Jackett who won us promotion in our last season at the Vetch.

All in all I really enjoyed and filled up a few times, really did hit home how far we have come.

No one outside of South Wales has ever heard of Alan Tate, makes it quite understandable he gets no air time

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Jack to a king: The review on 08:35 - Sep 13 with 1743 viewsAngelRangelQS

Jack to a king: The review on 08:31 - Sep 13 by Dyfnant

No one outside of South Wales has ever heard of Alan Tate, makes it quite understandable he gets no air time

Exactly. You could have made it into a trilogy with each film 3 hours long and people would still want games covered/people spoken to that weren't
Jack to a king: The review on 08:41 - Sep 13 with 1730 viewsDJack

Jack to a king: The review on 01:31 - Sep 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yet you are constantly thieving oxygen from a deserving living thing. Sober you are a bigger idiot than a drunken Shimmie... and on occasion he can be a idiot, so guess how bad you must be. Supercilious... but mostly superfluous.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Jack to a king: The review on 08:44 - Sep 13 with 1723 viewsUxbridge

Well I enjoyed the film. Some powerful, spine tingling moments.

Two things did slightly disappoint me though. Firstly was the rather dramatic rewriting of the history of 2002/3. Not just the Trust perspective as has been out mentioned but a few others on the board. Some people's contribution has been rather over egged but most with one or two exceptions are at least based in a smaller nugget of truth.

Secondly there's so little mention of the gap between 4th and 1st division as to make the viewer believe we only got promoted once. How can Bury not get mentioned? The playoff loss? The JPT? Even if it was just a short segment showing footage of all that it would have been better. For me that journey is more important to me than that final win.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Really did enjoy it and think others will too.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jack to a king: The review on 08:45 - Sep 13 with 1717 viewsDarran

The biggest problem on this site isn't DYS it's the grown men that can't help themselves from replying to him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jack to a king: The review on 08:47 - Sep 13 with 1714 viewsJackfath

Jack to a king: The review on 08:45 - Sep 13 by Darran

The biggest problem on this site isn't DYS it's the grown men that can't help themselves from replying to him.

It seems like it's only me, you, perchie and a couple of others that can see this.

Also, as for that utter plum DGT73 doing what he did, he should be banned for good. It's not the first time he's done that.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 8:49]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jack to a king: The review on 08:51 - Sep 13 with 1690 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 08:47 - Sep 13 by Jackfath

It seems like it's only me, you, perchie and a couple of others that can see this.

Also, as for that utter plum DGT73 doing what he did, he should be banned for good. It's not the first time he's done that.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 8:49]

Well I certainly don't get it,you shouldn't have to use the ignore button either, if a grown man can't ignore a poster there's clearly something wrong with them.

Jack to a king: The review on 08:54 - Sep 13 with 1661 viewsJackfath

Jack to a king: The review on 08:51 - Sep 13 by Darran

Well I certainly don't get it,you shouldn't have to use the ignore button either, if a grown man can't ignore a poster there's clearly something wrong with them.

As I've said countless times, too many posters quite happy to point out the shortcomings in others without actually contributing to the forum in any shape or form themselves. As you say, we are talking grown men here.

It's utterly pathetic and is strangling this board to death.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jack to a king: The review on 08:58 - Sep 13 with 1655 viewsDJack

Jack to a king: The review on 08:45 - Sep 13 by Darran

If nobody replied to anyone else then what's the point of the board. To be fair you're a right one to talk... Swanzay, T2C etc. You're having a Darran.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Jack to a king: The review on 09:01 - Sep 13 with 1645 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 08:58 - Sep 13 by DJack

If nobody replied to anyone else then what's the point of the board. To be fair you're a right one to talk... Swanzay, T2C etc. You're having a Darran.

Yeah because I just said nobody should reply to anyone else like.

Dear me mun.

Jack to a king: The review on 09:04 - Sep 13 with 1638 viewsDJack

Jack to a king: The review on 09:01 - Sep 13 by Darran

Yeah because I just said nobody should reply to anyone else like.

Dear me mun.

So why say there is a problem if they do CHOOSE to reply. You are still having a Darran.

Jack to a king: The review on 09:06 - Sep 13 with 1627 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 09:04 - Sep 13 by DJack

So why say there is a problem if they do CHOOSE to reply. You are still having a Darran.

You crack on D goodbye.

Jack to a king: The review on 09:18 - Sep 13 with 1603 viewsDJack

Jack to a king: The review on 09:06 - Sep 13 by Darran

You crack on D goodbye.

Oh dear, you've lost the argument and can't add anything else.

Still, there is always another time when I make a dick of myself (just like you) and you can comment.

Jack to a king: The review on 09:27 - Sep 13 with 1578 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 09:18 - Sep 13 by DJack

Oh dear, you've lost the argument and can't add anything else.

Still, there is always another time when I make a dick of myself (just like you) and you can comment.

I'm not arguing I'm stating a FACT.
Threads are being ruined by the replies.

Jack to a king: The review on 09:31 - Sep 13 with 1571 viewsDJack

Jack to a king: The review on 09:27 - Sep 13 by Darran

I'm not arguing I'm stating a FACT.
Threads are being ruined by the replies.

Darran, this post is not judging you mate but many on this board state that your replies are ruining the board. Who is the arbiter of a good or bad reply? Who adjudicates what ruins or adds to the board? You are NOT stating fact you are stating OPINION! Carry on.

Jack to a king: The review on 09:37 - Sep 13 with 1557 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 09:31 - Sep 13 by DJack

Darran, this post is not judging you mate but many on this board state that your replies are ruining the board. Who is the arbiter of a good or bad reply? Who adjudicates what ruins or adds to the board? You are NOT stating fact you are stating OPINION! Carry on.

This isn't about me but people are entitled to their opinion.
The replies and moans far out weigh the posts by DYS that is the problem and that is a FACT.

Jack to a king: The review on 09:51 - Sep 13 with 1539 viewsDJack

Jack to a king: The review on 09:37 - Sep 13 by Darran

This isn't about me but people are entitled to their opinion.
The replies and moans far out weigh the posts by DYS that is the problem and that is a FACT.

Dar, the crux of my post was not saying it is about you. DYSS post's can be confrontational, at times deliberately oblique and often negative. You have on many occasions crusaded against negative posters but will (usually) defend DYSS when he is negative. What do you expect?

Jack to a king: The review on 09:58 - Sep 13 with 1506 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 09:51 - Sep 13 by DJack

Dar, the crux of my post was not saying it is about you. DYSS post's can be confrontational, at times deliberately oblique and often negative. You have on many occasions crusaded against negative posters but will (usually) defend DYSS when he is negative. What do you expect?

I agree with you about a lot of his posts but people still have the choice to reply.

Just for the record when I 'was' a Mod I actually spoke to him about it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024