Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye Ole 20:05 - Sep 16 with 9388 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Goodbye Ole on 20:58 - Sep 16 with 1695 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Goodbye Ole on 20:52 - Sep 16 by jack247

Why?

They have a stadium they can't get close to filling and a national stadium that gets packed out 5 or 6 times a year by men in funny wigs and women in cowboy hats. Other than that it barely seems to get used. I don't even know where the Cardiff Blues play, but I'm guessing they get similar crowds to the Ospreys.

The city centre is more vibrant and modern than ours without a doubt, but the rest of the place (i.e. the bit people live in) is abject at best.

Why?

Because they have a stadium that would help us greatly.

They have proved that expansion can happen quickly if you try hard enough.

We'll be lucky to begin expanding before the end of the season and then it will still be years too late.

Does anyone actually believe we'll begin expanding in January like what we were told, or are the club treating us like fools again while they plot how much to take in the next dividend.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Goodbye Ole on 20:58 - Sep 16 with 1700 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Goodbye Ole on 20:52 - Sep 16 by jack247

Why?

They have a stadium they can't get close to filling and a national stadium that gets packed out 5 or 6 times a year by men in funny wigs and women in cowboy hats. Other than that it barely seems to get used. I don't even know where the Cardiff Blues play, but I'm guessing they get similar crowds to the Ospreys.

The city centre is more vibrant and modern than ours without a doubt, but the rest of the place (i.e. the bit people live in) is abject at best.

Compared to Wembley it's a sh*t stadium. They rushed it to get it ready and on the lowest tier you can't see the ball in the air and the highest you get vertigo. Claustrophobic as f*ck.
I wonder what Swansea would be like if a quarter of what Cardiff had was spent here. Better than the Capital probably

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Goodbye Ole on 20:58 - Sep 16 with 1693 viewsJackfath

I cant get over how few there are there.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Goodbye Ole on 21:02 - Sep 16 with 1676 viewsC_jack

Goodbye Ole on 20:58 - Sep 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Compared to Wembley it's a sh*t stadium. They rushed it to get it ready and on the lowest tier you can't see the ball in the air and the highest you get vertigo. Claustrophobic as f*ck.
I wonder what Swansea would be like if a quarter of what Cardiff had was spent here. Better than the Capital probably

The shape of the stadium is more to do with the fact they had a postage stamp of space to fit it into, it's a remarkable bit of engineering, if nothing else.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Goodbye Ole on 21:03 - Sep 16 with 1654 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Goodbye Ole on 20:58 - Sep 16 by Jackfath

I cant get over how few there are there.

Champions League on T.V has likely impacted the attendance.

Goodbye Ole on 21:05 - Sep 16 with 1645 viewsjack247

Goodbye Ole on 20:58 - Sep 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why?

Because they have a stadium that would help us greatly.

They have proved that expansion can happen quickly if you try hard enough.

We'll be lucky to begin expanding before the end of the season and then it will still be years too late.

Does anyone actually believe we'll begin expanding in January like what we were told, or are the club treating us like fools again while they plot how much to take in the next dividend.

But surely they are living proof that expanding too fast can be counterproductive?

It's all very well having people begging for tickets for Man Utd and Chelsea, but we only get 5 or 6 games like that per season. You will pretty much get a ticket to see us play anyone outside the top teams if you want one.

I would like to see us expand, but do it organically as our fan base grows, not stick another 10,000 seats in, get relegated and end up with a soulless, half empty stadium against Middlesbrough
Goodbye Ole on 21:06 - Sep 16 with 1639 viewsorion3016

Goodbye Ole on 21:03 - Sep 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Plus the product on offer is shite

Be over there now after

Goodbye Ole on 21:09 - Sep 16 with 1604 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Goodbye Ole on 21:05 - Sep 16 by jack247

But surely they are living proof that expanding too fast can be counterproductive?

It's all very well having people begging for tickets for Man Utd and Chelsea, but we only get 5 or 6 games like that per season. You will pretty much get a ticket to see us play anyone outside the top teams if you want one.

I would like to see us expand, but do it organically as our fan base grows, not stick another 10,000 seats in, get relegated and end up with a soulless, half empty stadium against Middlesbrough

Expanding too fast?

We've sold out every home league match for over 3 years and it will likely be 4 years come May.

We're not risking expanding too fast, what we're doing is failing to grow our fan base. We are failing to grow our core support. We are failing to attract your casual football fan in South Wales who will attend a couple of matches a season but doesn't care enough to buy tickets in advance etc.

'I would like to see us expand, but do it organically as our fan base brows'

Our fan base has grown. It is still growing but we cannot fit them all in the stadium.

People like you need to sit back and have a look where we are. We're not little old Swansea City anymore. We're a big club now whether the old fans like it or not, and clearly some crave the 'small club mentality' and are desperately trying to cling to it.

Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye Ole on 21:11 - Sep 16 with 1601 viewsairedale

Goodbye Ole on 21:06 - Sep 16 by orion3016

Plus the product on offer is shite

The one on the box isn't much better.
Goodbye Ole on 21:11 - Sep 16 with 1597 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Now now no cribbing please

Goodbye Ole on 21:12 - Sep 16 with 1596 viewsicecoldjack

Are the scummers booing the boro player because they are taking time to access his injury ?

scum.
Goodbye Ole on 21:15 - Sep 16 with 1569 viewsWxmJax

So on this basis EVERY match played tonight will have a low attendance ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Goodbye Ole on 21:16 - Sep 16 with 1556 viewsjack247

Goodbye Ole on 21:09 - Sep 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Expanding too fast?

We've sold out every home league match for over 3 years and it will likely be 4 years come May.

We're not risking expanding too fast, what we're doing is failing to grow our fan base. We are failing to grow our core support. We are failing to attract your casual football fan in South Wales who will attend a couple of matches a season but doesn't care enough to buy tickets in advance etc.

'I would like to see us expand, but do it organically as our fan base brows'

Our fan base has grown. It is still growing but we cannot fit them all in the stadium.

People like you need to sit back and have a look where we are. We're not little old Swansea City anymore. We're a big club now whether the old fans like it or not, and clearly some crave the 'small club mentality' and are desperately trying to cling to it.

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/saints-ticket-update-1918702.aspx
Goodbye Ole on 21:17 - Sep 16 with 1547 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Goodbye Ole on 21:15 - Sep 16 by WxmJax

So on this basis EVERY match played tonight will have a low attendance ?

Most clubs will have fans who may have chosen to watch Liverpool or Arsenal on the telly tonight than pay £35 to go watch their team play a bog standard Championship team yes.

I'm not talking thousands of fans but every club has casual fans.

Goodbye Ole on 21:17 - Sep 16 with 1537 viewsperchrockjack

We re staying in prem ,we need more seats to get more revenue.

Simple really..
We might with a bigger stadium attract more internationals, if we want them

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Goodbye Ole on 21:21 - Sep 16 with 1509 viewsNeathJack

Let's not forget we've actually got to pay for our expansion ourselves out of our revenue, not mortgage ourselves up to the hilt even further to a mad Malaysian.
Goodbye Ole on 21:21 - Sep 16 with 1502 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Goodbye Ole on 21:16 - Sep 16 by jack247

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/saints-ticket-update-1918702.aspx

That match will be a home sell out too.

Also, do you know what, if our fans knew that you could turn up on the day and purchase some tickets, we'd sell quite a few doing that too.

We've missed out on 'walk up' attendees for over 3 seasons now. It's disgraceful. Plans should have been set in motion the moment we were promoted so that when we felt we needed to expand we could do it immediately. Instead we only submitted planning applications less than a year ago. It's dreadful and if another huge business with such huge turnovers had conducted such poor planning heads would have rolled.

Goodbye Ole on 21:25 - Sep 16 with 1465 viewspencoedjack

Goodbye Ole on 21:21 - Sep 16 by NeathJack

Let's not forget we've actually got to pay for our expansion ourselves out of our revenue, not mortgage ourselves up to the hilt even further to a mad Malaysian.

Exactly Neath.

Obviously another exciting night for a 20 something that he has to spend his night trying to wind people up on an football forum of a club he obviously doesn't support.

Sad
Goodbye Ole on 21:29 - Sep 16 with 1442 viewsjack247

Goodbye Ole on 21:21 - Sep 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That match will be a home sell out too.

Also, do you know what, if our fans knew that you could turn up on the day and purchase some tickets, we'd sell quite a few doing that too.

We've missed out on 'walk up' attendees for over 3 seasons now. It's disgraceful. Plans should have been set in motion the moment we were promoted so that when we felt we needed to expand we could do it immediately. Instead we only submitted planning applications less than a year ago. It's dreadful and if another huge business with such huge turnovers had conducted such poor planning heads would have rolled.

Yes it quite likely will, but the fact that it hasn't sold out 5 days before it is played suggests that there isn't a massive difference between the supply and demand at the moment.

If you are thinking the fans who turn up to see the big clubs will get hooked and come back to see us play Palace the week later, you need to have a little think. They will be watching Man Utd on the internet.

Fair point about the walk up fans, but as you say we 'aren't little old swansea city anymore'. Do you know any other 'big clubs' where you can pay on the day? There may be some, but I would be surprised.

Do you think Cardiffs ground is too big for them?
Goodbye Ole on 21:30 - Sep 16 with 1422 viewsJackfath

Goodbye Ole on 21:29 - Sep 16 by jack247

Yes it quite likely will, but the fact that it hasn't sold out 5 days before it is played suggests that there isn't a massive difference between the supply and demand at the moment.

If you are thinking the fans who turn up to see the big clubs will get hooked and come back to see us play Palace the week later, you need to have a little think. They will be watching Man Utd on the internet.

Fair point about the walk up fans, but as you say we 'aren't little old swansea city anymore'. Do you know any other 'big clubs' where you can pay on the day? There may be some, but I would be surprised.

Do you think Cardiffs ground is too big for them?

It is tonight.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Goodbye Ole on 21:32 - Sep 16 with 1406 viewsorion3016

Goodbye Ole on 21:30 - Sep 16 by Jackfath

It is tonight.

19711 attendance

Be over there now after

Goodbye Ole on 21:36 - Sep 16 with 1356 viewsOldjack

Goodbye Ole on 21:32 - Sep 16 by orion3016

19711 attendance

tax evasion

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Goodbye Ole on 21:37 - Sep 16 with 1343 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Goodbye Ole on 21:36 - Sep 16 by Oldjack

tax evasion

Spectator aversion more like

Goodbye Ole on 21:42 - Sep 16 with 1308 viewsDr_Winston

How's that Pilkington chap that some of them were creaming themselves about getting in spite of our complete non-interest doing?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Goodbye Ole on 21:46 - Sep 16 with 1255 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024