Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton 22:11 - Sep 16 with 846 viewsthomasJack

Swansea’s Marvin Emnes is hoping for a return to the first team this coming Saturday when the Swans face a tricky fixture against an improving Southampton.

Emnes played 90 minutes in yesterday’s Under 21 game, which the Swans lost 2-1 to Cardiff City.

Emnes told the Evening Post:
In pre-season I was playing well and having good training sessions, and I felt really sharp. To pick up an injury was very difficult but it's great to be back now.

I finished last season quite well and after a good pre-season I was really looking forward to the first game of this year.

Emnes can play behind a striker and can play wide if required. He was an unused sub at Stamford Bridge last Saturday.

Emnes did make an impact towards the end of last season, causing opposing defenders problems and winning a couple of penalties for the Swans at the same time.

Who would Emnes replace should he play against Southampton?
http://swansfc.com/blog/2014/09/16/emnes-hoping-involved-against-southampton

Poll: Next signing

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 22:18 - Sep 16 with 820 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If his performance last night was his way of pushing for a first team spot then I'm amazed. All reports say he was very poor.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 22:19 - Sep 16 with 824 viewskarnataka

Who would he replace? Well, he won't start, that's for sure, so he'd replace someone who is struggling or tiring about 20 minutes from the end.
Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 22:21 - Sep 16 with 819 viewsjack247

He is nowhere near the first team with everyone fit. May make the bench as he is versatile.

Everton in the cup is more realistiv
Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 22:23 - Sep 16 with 814 viewsLeonisGod

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 22:21 - Sep 16 by jack247

He is nowhere near the first team with everyone fit. May make the bench as he is versatile.

No chance he's getting the nod now before Gylfi, routs, dyer, Montero. Shows how much we've strengthened in the summer.
Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 09:00 - Sep 17 with 704 viewsQuakerJack

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 22:23 - Sep 16 by LeonisGod

No chance he's getting the nod now before Gylfi, routs, dyer, Montero. Shows how much we've strengthened in the summer.

I'd say he's our third striker and may feature as a sub when Wilf goes away for the African Cup, other than that, it's league cup/FA Cup...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 09:15 - Sep 17 with 689 viewsmonmouth

He linked very well with Bony at the end of last season. I would bet on GM trying that again at some stage soon.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 11:30 - Sep 17 with 636 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 09:15 - Sep 17 by monmouth

He linked very well with Bony at the end of last season. I would bet on GM trying that again at some stage soon.

Marvin was Way off the pace Tuesday night .

Barrow would be my choice to push for a place .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 11:39 - Sep 17 with 624 viewsthomasJack

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 11:30 - Sep 17 by oh_tommy_tommy

Marvin was Way off the pace Tuesday night .

Barrow would be my choice to push for a place .

how is barrow doing???

Poll: Next signing

Login to get fewer ads

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 11:52 - Sep 17 with 609 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 11:39 - Sep 17 by thomasJack

how is barrow doing???

He was very good Tuesday ,full of pace & very direct , took his goal well. but didn't come out 2 nd half I think after a very nasty tackle

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 12:13 - Sep 17 with 575 viewsScoobyWho

Marvin was quick on Monday night, but nowhere near on the mark to start a premier league game. More game time required under the guidance of Kris O Leary. Er ....

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 12:15 - Sep 17 with 573 viewsTom1912

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 22:21 - Sep 16 by jack247

No, but we didn't sign him to start in the first team with everyone fit. He adds squad depth and is a decent option from the bench.
Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 16:04 - Sep 17 with 457 viewsAnotherJohn

Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 11:52 - Sep 17 by oh_tommy_tommy

He was very good Tuesday ,full of pace & very direct , took his goal well. but didn't come out 2 nd half I think after a very nasty tackle

I saw the game and can't really agree. Barrow put in an inconsistent performance that showed promise, but confirmed that he is still raw. He took his goal well, but I don't think he put in a decent cross. While he threatened a number of surging runs, something usually went wrong. Admittedly, one dangerous looking break ended with the foul that knackered him. He does have pace, but without a lot of finesse. My verdict was: has potential, but still a fair way off the first team.
Emnes hoping to involved against Southampton on 16:18 - Sep 17 with 448 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I'd play him with Montero at the other wing against Everton, but not this Saturday.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024