Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? 09:15 - Sep 17 with 7332 viewslifelong

It's a Yes from me.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 15:49 - Sep 18 with 1266 viewslonglostjack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 14:50 - Sep 18 by londonlisa2001

I honestly don't understand why anyone living in England or Wales who is anti Tory would want the vote to be yes today? It may be a short term bloody nose for Cameron, but it would lead to a far greater prospect of continuous Tory domination of westminster for years and years to come.

I'm not disputing the opinion, just the rationale?

If I were Scottish (or actually living in Scotland, because Scottish people haven't got the vote today, those living in Scotland have), I would vote no - not because of any particularly pro Britishness (I have already said before I consider myself Welsh then British, although am not anti Britsh either) but because I believe that there is too much uncertainty about currency, membership status of the EU and Eurozone, over reliance on public sector jobs that will disappear and so on. It'll be interesting to see the outcome - I suspect a bigger margin for no than people think - the yes campaign is making a lot of noise and I do wonder if the no supporters are worried about being seen as 'anti Scottish' and are therefore being quiet.

Yes I can imagine the No vote is understated. I also think that the prophecies of doom have been greatly overstated in the event of a Yes vote. The real positive in this for me is that the referendum has shown the strength of feeling against the status quo and should act as a wake up call for Westminster politicians. I also think that the UK has come out of this with it's democratic credentials strengthened whichever way the vote goes - unlike the Spanish state for example.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 16:25 - Sep 18 with 1233 viewslondonlisa2001

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 15:49 - Sep 18 by longlostjack

Yes I can imagine the No vote is understated. I also think that the prophecies of doom have been greatly overstated in the event of a Yes vote. The real positive in this for me is that the referendum has shown the strength of feeling against the status quo and should act as a wake up call for Westminster politicians. I also think that the UK has come out of this with it's democratic credentials strengthened whichever way the vote goes - unlike the Spanish state for example.

I really hope that you are right in your point about waking up Westminster.

I think that they have had a shock, across the board - not just the Tories - all of them need to look at years (under Tory and Labour) of South East centric policy making (and I say that as someone who lives in London).

The contempt by all parties shown to people outside the 'favoured few' cities (and I include Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and ironically Edinburgh in that, is shocking.

It is not dissimilar though to the contempt shown by the WAG to everywhere outside Cardiff, which is utterly abhorrent as well. There has to be a fairer distribution of the country's wealth across all parts of the UK (and all parts of Wales for that matter). It cannot carry on like this - there are far far too many people utterly disenfranchised. The only thing I disagree with is that it is the fault of the 'Tories' - they are all equally to blame.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 17:02 - Sep 18 with 1211 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 16:25 - Sep 18 by londonlisa2001

I think that they have had a shock, across the board - not just the Tories - all of them need to look at years (under Tory and Labour) of South East centric policy making (and I say that as someone who lives in London).

The contempt by all parties shown to people outside the 'favoured few' cities (and I include Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and ironically Edinburgh in that, is shocking.

It is not dissimilar though to the contempt shown by the WAG to everywhere outside Cardiff, which is utterly abhorrent as well. There has to be a fairer distribution of the country's wealth across all parts of the UK (and all parts of Wales for that matter). It cannot carry on like this - there are far far too many people utterly disenfranchised. The only thing I disagree with is that it is the fault of the 'Tories' - they are all equally to blame.

That's very well said .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 17:09 - Sep 18 with 1209 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 16:25 - Sep 18 by londonlisa2001

Well said. Although I disagree with the last sentence. The 3 main parties are all guilty of it but I don't think they are "equally" to blame as I think the Tories are far more London-centric than any other party.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 18:00 - Sep 18 with 1188 viewsShaky

The people to blame for the state of public services across the nation as it currently stands, are the gormless voters who have been seduced by the notion that a low tax environment represents route 1 to nirvana.

Sadly the dismal truth is you get what you pay for:

See: http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/statistics_explained/index.php/Government_finan

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 18:09 - Sep 18 with 1170 viewsJackfath

What happens if the Yes and No votes are identical?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:13 - Sep 18 with 1144 viewsexiledclaseboy

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 18:09 - Sep 18 by Jackfath

I was wondering that earlier. Unlikely, but it would be funny.

Arm wrestling contest between Salmond and Gordon Brown. Best of three. Live on BBC Breakfast tomorrow.

Poll: Tory leader

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:14 - Sep 18 with 1144 viewsShaky

(With apologies to Private Eye)

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:43 - Sep 18 with 1124 viewsmonmouth

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:13 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

I was wondering that earlier. Unlikely, but it would be funny.

Arm wrestling contest between Salmond and Gordon Brown. Best of three. Live on BBC Breakfast tomorrow.

Arm wrestling? No mun. Full Sumo

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:54 - Sep 18 with 1107 viewslondonlisa2001

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:43 - Sep 18 by monmouth

Arm wrestling? No mun. Full Sumo

genuinely the most repellant suggestion made throughout this campaign! Let's hope it gets settled one way or another.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:03 - Sep 18 with 1056 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Polls have closed - do we find out tomorrow morning?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:08 - Sep 18 with 1046 viewsporschejack

Yes from me , just think of the oil . Then again if it was us we'd have the water , mmmm , interesting thought me thinks .
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:11 - Sep 18 with 1039 viewsLiberty

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:03 - Sep 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Polls have closed - do we find out tomorrow morning?

Final count by 6.30 ish a.m., should have a good idea before that.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:24 - Sep 18 with 1012 viewslonglostjack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 18:00 - Sep 18 by Shaky

The people to blame for the state of public services across the nation as it currently stands, are the gormless voters who have been seduced by the notion that a low tax environment represents route 1 to nirvana.

Sadly the dismal truth is you get what you pay for:

See: http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/statistics_explained/index.php/Government_finan

A very good point.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:41 - Sep 18 with 999 viewsunion_jack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 10:50 - Sep 18 by Lord_Bony

Hope it s a peaceful day today.

One of the most important days in the last 300 years.

Hope it's a no and the Kingdom remains United.

Hear bloody hear!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:53 - Sep 18 with 985 viewsunion_jack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 18:09 - Sep 18 by Jackfath

I would imagine that the status quo would be maintained I.e. the no's would win it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 23:19 - Sep 18 with 958 viewsFrank_Lazarus

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:56 - Sep 17 by epaul

YES YES YES so the sweaties can stick one to parliament and Cameron is a gonner

Nothing to see here.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 23:31]
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 23:30 - Sep 18 with 938 viewsFrank_Lazarus

Well, i seem to have replied to epaul there by mistake.

Like a simpleton.

Triffic.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 23:32]
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 23:37 - Sep 18 with 921 viewsperchrockjack

So those wanting a yes vote really want it to shaft cam. Well it won't, he won't be arsed but we ll feel it alright.

It's been pitiful to see the real reasons for non scots wanting a yes vote.

Hatred ain't gonna take this land further..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 23:39 - Sep 18 with 917 viewsFergal

The nos have it.

YouGov 99% sure.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 04:18 - Sep 19 with 830 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 23:39 - Sep 18 by Fergal

The nos have it.

YouGov 99% sure.

Yep, only 11/32 declared but this already looks certain.

Congrats, Wales. Scotland is still part of the UK. When England wants to be a dick, it still has three directions to choose from.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but what affect, if any, is this going to have on Scotland's position in the UK? Are they expecting a little ass kissing?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 05:08 - Sep 19 with 816 viewsDr_Winston

So even Scotland doesn't want to leave the UK. You can hear Plaid hearts breaking from here.

Sad thing is though that whatever happens in this vote it'll be bad news for Wales. Scotland go independent = More power for those c*nts in Cardiff. Scotland stays = More power for Edinburgh & more power for those c*nts in Cardiff.

Best option for everyone outside the CF postcode area would be to declare independence from "Wales".
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 5:39]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 07:23 - Sep 19 with 773 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 05:08 - Sep 19 by Dr_Winston

So even Scotland doesn't want to leave the UK. You can hear Plaid hearts breaking from here.

Sad thing is though that whatever happens in this vote it'll be bad news for Wales. Scotland go independent = More power for those c*nts in Cardiff. Scotland stays = More power for Edinburgh & more power for those c*nts in Cardiff.

Best option for everyone outside the CF postcode area would be to declare independence from "Wales".
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 5:39]

Declare Swansea (city and county area) a city state !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024