Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? 09:15 - Sep 17 with 7331 viewslifelong

It's a Yes from me.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:17 - Sep 17 with 3903 viewsSwansNZ

Isn't it people who live in Scotland?

I'd vote no

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:19 - Sep 17 with 3900 viewsmonmouth

I would have said a ringing no a few weeks ago, but if it destroys the concept of London rule, and takes power from the utter dickheads that have been backing No, then it has a lot going for it. If I was scots though, I'd vote no.....I'm not the sort that leaps off cliffs hoping there might be a soft landing.

How could anyone wheel out Brown, on top of Darling, and then bus in the three stooges and think it would do anything than boost the Yes campaign. They, and their 'advisers' are just so divorced from any kind of reality it beggars belief.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:22 - Sep 17 with 3890 viewslifelong

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:19 - Sep 17 by monmouth

I would have said a ringing no a few weeks ago, but if it destroys the concept of London rule, and takes power from the utter dickheads that have been backing No, then it has a lot going for it. If I was scots though, I'd vote no.....I'm not the sort that leaps off cliffs hoping there might be a soft landing.

How could anyone wheel out Brown, on top of Darling, and then bus in the three stooges and think it would do anything than boost the Yes campaign. They, and their 'advisers' are just so divorced from any kind of reality it beggars belief.

I seriously think that the behaviour of the media, in particular the BBC, and senior politicians, during the past few weeks, would have swayed my vote to yes.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:26 - Sep 17 with 3884 viewsperchrockjack

if IT MEANS THAT

they have their own currency

are able to finance themselves

are able to support their own currency which is normally by gold reserves

are able to have a Scottish passport

and don't expect support from the British taxpayer( that s you and me) then I d say great now feck off into the North Sea and take your religious bigotry with you.

However ,when it goes tits up and the Banks in Edinburgh relocate to London and thousands of jobs go with them don't come crying to us lot. Cant see how they can survive on fishing and whisky and many oil companies will be very dubious about staying In Aberdeen.

Business hates uncertainties as the Stock Market shows and herein lies a problem. The FTSE affects us all ,like it or not and frankly I can see many jobs going elsehere if this fookn madness goes ahead.

Most of those YES inclined are simply Tory haters and don't like the new LABOUR lot obviously harking back to the good ol days when Unions ruled the Govan yards.

Im on the fence really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:26 - Sep 17 with 3884 viewsUxbridge

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:19 - Sep 17 by monmouth

Brown might just save it. Don't underestimate his popularity up there.

If I were Scotch, I'd vote No. They get a ridiculously good deal already, at the expense of Wales. After watching Salmond interviewed yesterday when he kept on referring to the rest of the UK as England, I'm going to get the hump and hope they vote Yes.

Putting the sporran back in it's box and have to say I'm rather worried about the inevitable end game of this which is further powers, probably up to "Devo Max" for the WAG. Think the rest of Wales might want to seriously think about that plan to cut adrift the bassey and go it alone as God knows what they'll do with that sort of power.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:30 - Sep 17 with 3875 viewsacejack3065

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:26 - Sep 17 by Uxbridge

Brown might just save it. Don't underestimate his popularity up there.

If I were Scotch, I'd vote No. They get a ridiculously good deal already, at the expense of Wales. After watching Salmond interviewed yesterday when he kept on referring to the rest of the UK as England, I'm going to get the hump and hope they vote Yes.

Putting the sporran back in it's box and have to say I'm rather worried about the inevitable end game of this which is further powers, probably up to "Devo Max" for the WAG. Think the rest of Wales might want to seriously think about that plan to cut adrift the bassey and go it alone as God knows what they'll do with that sort of power.

If the Basseys f*ck us we will have to go it alone as the independent city state of Swansea, growing fat on the riches of Premier League football.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:32 - Sep 17 with 3871 viewsUxbridge

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:30 - Sep 17 by acejack3065

If the Basseys f*ck us we will have to go it alone as the independent city state of Swansea, growing fat on the riches of Premier League football.

I've already got the badges made.

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:32 - Sep 17 with 3866 viewsperchrockjack

Strangely agree with Andrew here.

WALES WONT /CANT go independent as we are virtually attached umbilical style to England for everything.
Take away the language and the chips o shoulder and we r e the same as them or at any rate the north/midlands and south west.

London has a point in that it is the financial centre of the world and that alone generates massive income which does come to the regions, not enough maybe but Wales would simply starve alone
and its no compensation to say it in Welsh.

Finally, Wales capital should be CAERNARFON or so Im told .

Login to get fewer ads

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:38 - Sep 17 with 3855 viewslifelong

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:32 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

WALES WONT /CANT go independent as we are virtually attached umbilical style to England for everything.
Take away the language and the chips o shoulder and we r e the same as them or at any rate the north/midlands and south west.

London has a point in that it is the financial centre of the world and that alone generates massive income which does come to the regions, not enough maybe but Wales would simply starve alone

My Mother used to tell me "there's no such word as can't'.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:40 - Sep 17 with 3849 viewsperchrockjack

Mum s eh.

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:40 - Sep 17 with 3850 viewsdickythorpe

If I was Scottish Id make sure i was sober first before voting.

If they do vote "yes" and it doesnt work out I would not want them automatically coming back - let them vote again.

An "always know best" race I have found.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:59 - Sep 17 with 3822 viewsUxbridge

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:32 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

You're not really agreeing with me, you'll be glad to know!

Wales could go independent, or at least as a transitional step before joining Europe and the Euro. I'm just fearful of what the WAG will do with more powers. Given the way they've stripped services in the NHS away from west of Jct 34 I dread to think what they'd do with things like Income Tax powers.

Here's a question ... I live in Swansea but my office location is Bracknell. If the WAG put income tax up 3 points, and I fully suspect they will, would I be able to get around it?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 10:00 - Sep 17 with 3820 viewsUxbridge

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:40 - Sep 17 by dickythorpe

If they do vote "yes" and it doesnt work out I would not want them automatically coming back - let them vote again.

The rest of the UK would have to vote Yes to allow them back in.

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 11:26 - Sep 17 with 3764 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Its a no from me .

If they do vote yes , then pull what we can out of there & relocate it to wales , there's plenty looking for work here.

Or is that to easy to think ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 11:39 - Sep 17 with 3753 viewsWolfie

It's a no from me as well.

And if the WAG ever get even so much as a sniff of full devolution I'll be uping sticks and moving to the other side of the severn bridge.

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 11:42 - Sep 17 with 3752 viewsmonmouth

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:40 - Sep 17 by dickythorpe

Aye, the ones I worked with certainly had a habit of saying 'correct' when they agreed with something....until I shouted very loudly at them anyway.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 11:43 - Sep 17 with 3751 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

Sad to see the Scots go if it's a YES.

It's the worst time to be having this vote with the sh/thouses we've got in power feathering their nests out of others misery...

If I was a Sweaty I'd probably vote yes at this time ...

I would be thinking that C21st British Governments are like London Tube Trains, there'll be another one full of the same self-serving kuntz along soon enough...
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 13:08 - Sep 17 with 3686 viewsCatullus

Interestingly, we'd probably have a referendum about letting them back in, that would be fun!!

I'd vote no. But where I do agree with Cameron, a yes vote means forever, no help, no bail outs.
What I have noticed is the Scots (apart from a huge chip on their shoulder that makes the welsh look ecstatic with our lot) is they have huge sense of entitlement. They'd probably believe that if independence turned out not to work, that the UK should bail them out because we owe them!!

On the plus side, a yes vote instantly means more jobs south of the border. All that we've seen about the Armed forces, the nuclear subs base and Trident, public sector etc shows that jobs would have to come south. And whilst a large part of them should remain North of Watford, a fair chunk should be sent to Wales.
I said it before, but the sub base should come to Wales and there would be armed forces jobs which Welsh youngsters could go for. Hell, I'd bring back national service and have army apprenticeships, they could learn HGV, electrical, mechanical, medical skills etc. Any job in the forces that has a trade.
That is, of course, on the basis that Scotland actually is subsidised to the tune of 17.6 billion and that wasn't Tory BS!!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 13:15 - Sep 17 with 3675 viewsJackoBoostardo

If I had a choice on the matter, then this would be me at the polling station

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 17:00 - Sep 17 with 3601 viewsFrank_Lazarus

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:26 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

if IT MEANS THAT

they have their own currency

are able to finance themselves

are able to support their own currency which is normally by gold reserves

are able to have a Scottish passport

and don't expect support from the British taxpayer( that s you and me) then I d say great now feck off into the North Sea and take your religious bigotry with you.

However ,when it goes tits up and the Banks in Edinburgh relocate to London and thousands of jobs go with them don't come crying to us lot. Cant see how they can survive on fishing and whisky and many oil companies will be very dubious about staying In Aberdeen.

Business hates uncertainties as the Stock Market shows and herein lies a problem. The FTSE affects us all ,like it or not and frankly I can see many jobs going elsehere if this fookn madness goes ahead.

Most of those YES inclined are simply Tory haters and don't like the new LABOUR lot obviously harking back to the good ol days when Unions ruled the Govan yards.

Im on the fence really

There's quite a lot of assumption and bluster there. You sure you're not Alex Salmond.

Serious question - when these oil companies quit Aberdeen, as you predict, where do you suppose they will base themselves?

Fortunately for your blood pressure and obvious delicate constitution, it appears Mr Brown has saved the union in a rare (for a modern politician) show of energy and enthusiasm.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 17:10 - Sep 17 with 3589 viewsPonderosa

ONE

Bring The Missus

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 17:10 - Sep 17 with 3588 viewsunion_jack

A resounding NO from me.

Bookies have it well stacked in it being a No vote as well.

Don't mind extra powers so long as England get the same and we become a Federal state.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 17:12 - Sep 17 with 3585 viewsMorfa_Same

I'm really hoping for a yes vote.

I don't see the point in Britain personally. It might have been relevant 50 years ago but now we're all part of a common market anyway. It's long overdue that we start to break up the union.

Sadly the no campaign have spewed out enough scaremongering bullshit to ensure that doesn't happen.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 18:30 - Sep 17 with 3542 viewsSwanzay

Yes, especially with Gordon Brown leading the No campaign, that kunt increased the impact of the recession back in 2008 due to his antics. Also I don't trust any one in Westminster.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 18:46 - Sep 17 with 3524 viewsDyfnant

One major plus of a yes vote would be the very end of any chance of Celtic or rangers being allowed in the premier league. Just for that, I'm in.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024