Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? 09:15 - Sep 17 with 7406 viewslifelong

It's a Yes from me.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 18:47 - Sep 17 with 1275 viewsDanielswan

Yes with the heart ... no with the head.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 18:59 - Sep 17 with 1252 viewslonglostjack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 18:30 - Sep 17 by Swanzay

Yes, especially with Gordon Brown leading the No campaign, that kunt increased the impact of the recession back in 2008 due to his antics. Also I don't trust any one in Westminster.

Gordon's big mistake was he cosied up to the City before the crash trying to show that the banks had nothing to fear from a Labour Govt. Now he's gone back to his roots he's much more impressive. The campaigner who could save the Union that was/is on the verge of being destroyed by the incompetent leader of the Conservative and Unionist party.

http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2013-09-12/gordon-browns-u-dot-k-dot-eco

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:00 - Sep 17 with 1250 viewsC_jack

No f**king way

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:03 - Sep 17 with 1247 viewsexiledclaseboy

If I had a vote, I'd probably vote No. But I hope they vote yes anyway, just for jollies

Poll: Tory leader

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:19 - Sep 17 with 1228 viewsdickythorpe

Ole out!
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:22 - Sep 17 with 1226 viewsPozuelosSideys

No.

And with each passing day, i feel this whole mess is going to effect Wales more than ever, whichever way it goes.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:30 - Sep 17 with 1218 viewsCatullus

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 17:12 - Sep 17 by Morfa_Same

I'm really hoping for a yes vote.

I don't see the point in Britain personally. It might have been relevant 50 years ago but now we're all part of a common market anyway. It's long overdue that we start to break up the union.

Sadly the no campaign have spewed out enough scaremongering bullshit to ensure that doesn't happen.

Scaremongering BS?

So you believe everything the yes mob say then? Besides, it's not scaremongering if it's the truth.
For example, there will not be a currency union, truth.
Scotland already has full control of their NHS, Cameron can't privatise it but Salmond could, truth.
Salmonds party is planning 450 million in cuts to their NHS, truth.
An independent Scotland would have to apply to join the EU and then join the euro, truth.
Independence means losing a lot if jobs, public sector jobs would be relocated south of the border, truth.

The UK does need reforming but another truth is, a yes vote will plunge all of us into uncertainty and may well signal a devalued pound, rising inflation and higher prices.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:35 - Sep 17 with 1213 viewsexiledclaseboy

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:30 - Sep 17 by Catullus

Scaremongering BS?

So you believe everything the yes mob say then? Besides, it's not scaremongering if it's the truth.
For example, there will not be a currency union, truth.
Scotland already has full control of their NHS, Cameron can't privatise it but Salmond could, truth.
Salmonds party is planning 450 million in cuts to their NHS, truth.
An independent Scotland would have to apply to join the EU and then join the euro, truth.
Independence means losing a lot if jobs, public sector jobs would be relocated south of the border, truth.

The UK does need reforming but another truth is, a yes vote will plunge all of us into uncertainty and may well signal a devalued pound, rising inflation and higher prices.

Both sides have done their fair share of scaremongering to be fair. It's been a hugely negative campaign all round. The NO campaign has been a complete shambles though. They assumed all along that they'd win comfortably and when they realised that the bullying tactics were being counter-productive and the polls narrowed they went into a blind panic. I think No will win the day tomorrow but it will be a hell of a lot closer than it ever should have been and the promises that have been made to Scotland in the event of a No vote should never have to have been made.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:38 - Sep 17 with 1205 viewslonglostjack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:35 - Sep 17 by exiledclaseboy

Both sides have done their fair share of scaremongering to be fair. It's been a hugely negative campaign all round. The NO campaign has been a complete shambles though. They assumed all along that they'd win comfortably and when they realised that the bullying tactics were being counter-productive and the polls narrowed they went into a blind panic. I think No will win the day tomorrow but it will be a hell of a lot closer than it ever should have been and the promises that have been made to Scotland in the event of a No vote should never have to have been made.

Let's see if they stick to those promises - if not expect the next surge of support for independence.

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:44 - Sep 17 with 1196 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Even for someone like me, who has absolutely no personal interest/bias in this at all, this is such a fascinating, historic thing to witness.

But here is what I don't get. All these threats that it will be an economic disaster for Scotland - this all seems to imply that they are dependent on GB for its prosperity. OK, so, what if we had a similar situation over in my part of the world? What if one of my homeland's smaller, weaker neighbors was in a similar "marriage" with us, and we considered them dependent on this marriage for their prosperity? Then, let's say that weak satellite - Canada, Mexico, Oklahoma, whoever - told us that they are considering ending the marriage? I think it's obvious that we'd GLADLY help them pack their bags, even maybe give them some money on the way out the door.

Yet England seems to be doing the exact opposite, by campaigning hard for this "parasite" to keep sucking their blood. That just doesn't add up.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 20:02 - Sep 17 with 1181 viewsTummer_from_Texas

On a related note, my sister sent me this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/scottish-independence-man-finds-piece-42707

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 20:06 - Sep 17 with 1179 viewsPozuelosSideys

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:35 - Sep 17 by exiledclaseboy

Bullying tactics? Theres been plenty of that on the ground too.

Its been a hugely negative campaign because the 'no' vote is a vote for the status quo. The 'yes' vote is a leap of faith based on decisions made on the back of nationalism rather than sound fiscal policy and actual common sense.

Dont see much positive in any of it myself, whichever way it goes. Somebody is going to be out of pocket.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 20:27 - Sep 17 with 1162 viewsDyfnant

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:44 - Sep 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

Even for someone like me, who has absolutely no personal interest/bias in this at all, this is such a fascinating, historic thing to witness.

But here is what I don't get. All these threats that it will be an economic disaster for Scotland - this all seems to imply that they are dependent on GB for its prosperity. OK, so, what if we had a similar situation over in my part of the world? What if one of my homeland's smaller, weaker neighbors was in a similar "marriage" with us, and we considered them dependent on this marriage for their prosperity? Then, let's say that weak satellite - Canada, Mexico, Oklahoma, whoever - told us that they are considering ending the marriage? I think it's obvious that we'd GLADLY help them pack their bags, even maybe give them some money on the way out the door.

Yet England seems to be doing the exact opposite, by campaigning hard for this "parasite" to keep sucking their blood. That just doesn't add up.

I suspect the stance would be different if it was Northern Ireland that wanted to break away

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 20:29 - Sep 17 with 1161 viewsKilkennyjack

100 per cent yes. No independent country has ever asked to come back. Scotland will be hugely successful. Go for it scotland.

Beware of the Risen People

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 20:32 - Sep 17 with 1152 viewsdickythorpe

Jersey Royals are in season mainly in May. No way are they still about in September.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 20:33 - Sep 17 with 1009 viewsJackfath

The cup ticket should automatically be on your Season Ticket.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 20:44 - Sep 17 with 989 viewslonglostjack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 19:44 - Sep 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

It's what I've never understood either. It's completely illogical.

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:04 - Sep 17 with 959 viewsShakinPyramid

YES, with Wales to follow in the nearest possible future please
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:05 - Sep 17 with 952 viewscockett_jack

I've been quite torn on this. As a unionist I didn't want them to go. However, given (a) the number of labour seats we would lose and (b) the sheer stupidity if not arrogance Yes supporters have gone about making this completely stupid leap of faith makes me want to see them do it so that (a) conservative governments are more likely and (b) to say 'I told you so'
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:09 - Sep 17 with 948 viewsdickythorpe

Marvellous hitter of the ball was KP.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:15 - Sep 17 with 934 viewscockett_jack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 20:44 - Sep 17 by longlostjack

It's what I've never understood either. It's completely illogical.

Well for a lot of Brits the Union is not just about economic advantage of getting rid of how much we subsidy them but by the tradition of the union, Britain being stronger on the world stage etc.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:24 - Sep 17 with 920 viewsDyfnant

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:04 - Sep 17 by ShakinPyramid

Are you English ?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:29 - Sep 17 with 911 viewsC_jack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:04 - Sep 17 by ShakinPyramid

You are bananas.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:32 - Sep 17 with 900 viewslifelong

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:15 - Sep 17 by cockett_jack

Well for a lot of Brits the Union is not just about economic advantage of getting rid of how much we subsidy them but by the tradition of the union, Britain being stronger on the world stage etc.

'Economic advantage of getting rid of how much we subsidy them'

I would have thought it would be a economic disadvantage to lose the wealth that Scotland generates.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:53 - Sep 17 with 881 viewsSwanzay

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 18:59 - Sep 17 by longlostjack

Gordon's big mistake was he cosied up to the City before the crash trying to show that the banks had nothing to fear from a Labour Govt. Now he's gone back to his roots he's much more impressive. The campaigner who could save the Union that was/is on the verge of being destroyed by the incompetent leader of the Conservative and Unionist party.

http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2013-09-12/gordon-browns-u-dot-k-dot-eco

They are all chameleons to suit their own needs especially GB recently!
The no campaigns has been so geared to use negativity about business to entice voters its unbelievable, the BBC have also been incredibly bias in the build up towards the 'better together.
This 'no going back nonsense', highlights this. The Barnett formula offer screws us (Wales) big time but Westminster don't give a feck, we are insignificant compared to the Scots and their desperation shows!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024