Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? 09:15 - Sep 17 with 7051 viewslifelong

It's a Yes from me.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:55 - Sep 17 with 1010 viewsPozuelosSideys

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:32 - Sep 17 by lifelong

'Economic advantage of getting rid of how much we subsidy them'

I would have thought it would be a economic disadvantage to lose the wealth that Scotland generates.

It is. But they are still subsidised.

There is a massive hit coming to the UK if Scotland goes 'yes'.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:02 - Sep 17 with 996 viewslonglostjack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:32 - Sep 17 by lifelong

'Economic advantage of getting rid of how much we subsidy them'

I would have thought it would be a economic disadvantage to lose the wealth that Scotland generates.

Yes - if Denmark a country with a similar size of population can survive without the oil reserves I'm damn sure Scotland could.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:12 - Sep 17 with 985 viewscockett_jack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:02 - Sep 17 by longlostjack

Yes - if Denmark a country with a similar size of population can survive without the oil reserves I'm damn sure Scotland could.

Sliiiiiiiiiiiightly different long term historical differences though...
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:15 - Sep 17 with 982 viewslonglostjack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:15 - Sep 17 by cockett_jack

Well for a lot of Brits the Union is not just about economic advantage of getting rid of how much we subsidy them but by the tradition of the union, Britain being stronger on the world stage etc.

The thing about this Britain being stronger on the world stage thing I don't get. Britain has always had difficulties coming to terms with the fact that it is no longer a world power. Even when it was, most of the wealth ended up in the hands of a privileged few. Please tell me how Britain's influence in the world of late has helped my 84 year old mother who's been waiting nearly a year for an operation.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:17 - Sep 17 with 979 viewsShakinPyramid

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 21:24 - Sep 17 by Dyfnant

Are you English ?

No, just in favour of home rule for my country - why?
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:25 - Sep 17 with 963 viewscockett_jack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:15 - Sep 17 by longlostjack

The thing about this Britain being stronger on the world stage thing I don't get. Britain has always had difficulties coming to terms with the fact that it is no longer a world power. Even when it was, most of the wealth ended up in the hands of a privileged few. Please tell me how Britain's influence in the world of late has helped my 84 year old mother who's been waiting nearly a year for an operation.

I'm not pushing that particular argument I'm just showing that economic benefit to getting rid of Scotland isn't the only thing that is taken into consideration.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:56 - Sep 17 with 933 viewsepaul

YES YES YES so the sweaties can stick one to parliament and Cameron is a gonner

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:59 - Sep 17 with 928 viewsperchrockjack

Interesting to see 16 yr olds bring enfranchised.

They know feck all and will vote yes as it's a pie in the sky dream.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 23:05 - Sep 17 with 922 viewsThe_Maerdy_Jihadi

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:59 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Interesting to see 16 yr olds bring enfranchised.

They know feck all and will vote yes as it's a pie in the sky dream.

Yeah they'll be giving the vote to women and the disabled next...

Bloody kids and their interest on the political process...

Bunch of Canute's if you ask me....
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 23:06 - Sep 17 with 921 viewsQuakerJack

ideologically - yes. Economically and practically - no

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 23:09 - Sep 17 with 919 viewsperchrockjack

It's cynical as more young ones will vote yes as a sort of adventure
I d have voted for wales being independent myself at 16. But let's face it you know fleck all at that age although you believe you know it all

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 23:22 - Sep 17 with 914 viewswestwiltsjack

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:25 - Sep 17 by cockett_jack

I'm not pushing that particular argument I'm just showing that economic benefit to getting rid of Scotland isn't the only thing that is taken into consideration.

I'd vote emphatically for the 'No' thing.

At this point in time, approximately 1.5 (possibly 2) million people in the north of this small island are about to vote for a brightly coloured 'Yes' slogan. A happy clappy band of brave souls (including children who aren't considered sensible enough to drive a motor vehicle) have been persuaded to vote for 3 letters on a sticker by a party who haven't been able to accurately describe how their vision of freedom from the 'Westminster establishment' becomes financial reality. Political leaders don't run the world economies - the economies do. If after 20 years of planning, the SNP don't have their ducks in a row and don't appear to have a plan to arrange them in said formation - then I'm a pessimistic, sceptical, union-loving muthu fu88er running so fast in the opposite direction I'm genetically mutating into a Union Jack wearing cheetah.

Their current financial/economic plan wouldn't get them to the Dragons Den reserve applicants regional prelims - and for that reason - am oot!

You can read into that what you like.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 23:28 - Sep 17 with 910 viewsperchrockjack

Kinda what I was trying to say.

Must have phrased it badly.

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 23:38 - Sep 17 with 904 viewswestwiltsjack

Apologies to Cockett Jack - it was not my intention to reply directly to you sir.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 23:51 - Sep 17 with 889 viewsKilkennyjack

Its good bye to dai cameron if yes win, so who would be pm before boris gets there ? Cant be that idiot clegg so.....who ? Can't be grove or hunt so who ? Little willie haig ? That francis maud ? Gideon ? Hammond ? I am struggling ? Not theresa obviously ?

Beware of the Risen People

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 00:27 - Sep 18 with 871 viewsDyfnant

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:17 - Sep 17 by ShakinPyramid

No, just in favour of home rule for my country - why?

Just wondering how you think this country would fund itself. Swansea's biggest employer would be gone within 2 years

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:17 - Sep 18 with 807 viewsperchrockjack

water? tourism? I think..cant think of anything else.

Think the Gogs would want to erect a border crossing from Newtown to Aberystwyth

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:42 - Sep 18 with 794 viewspansypants

Trundle is often in there.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:55 - Sep 18 with 782 viewsperchrockjack

voting stations might be lively places with all the Scottish tendency for bigotry and intolerance

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 10:09 - Sep 18 with 765 viewslifelong

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 09:55 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

voting stations might be lively places with all the Scottish tendency for bigotry and intolerance

If Scotland vote yes, think of all the handouts that England will save. They can put it towards reducing the £1,200 billion debt that Westminster has got this country into.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 10:13 - Sep 18 with 762 viewsperchrockjack

Good morning Roger..

Scotland gets more help/hand outs than any part of the uk.

They are voting over a dream that could prove to be a nightmare for them all.

TAKE IT FROM ME, we will see a flood of them coming south if it goes YES

Independence is needed from an oppressor, UK not oppressing t

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 10:25 - Sep 18 with 752 viewslifelong

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 10:13 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

Good morning Roger..

Scotland gets more help/hand outs than any part of the uk.

They are voting over a dream that could prove to be a nightmare for them all.

TAKE IT FROM ME, we will see a flood of them coming south if it goes YES

Independence is needed from an oppressor, UK not oppressing t

Good morning to you Richard.

What you fail to mention is how much Scotland puts in to the UK economy, you do make it sound as if everyone in the UK is totally dependant on England and that is simply not the case.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 10:50 - Sep 18 with 731 viewsLord_Bony

Hope it s a peaceful day today.

One of the most important days in the last 300 years.

Hope it's a no and the Kingdom remains United.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 13:44 - Sep 18 with 665 viewsSkipTheJack

The powers of Westminster and the English media have been telling us for centuries that we are not good enough to run our own country, that we are somehow inferior to those of the anglo-saxon bloodline, and that we would sink without a trace if we ungratefully dared to break from the UK.

Well, what is the worst that could happen? Perhaps we could lag well behind England in terms of education, salaries, GDP, international recognition and a functioning economy? Or perhaps we could have much higher rates of unemployment and welfare dependency?

The fact is that after 700 years of London rule we already have ALL of those things, and still the unionists tell us that we should be grateful for everything the union has given us. In what way is Westminster's attitude to Wales likely to change in the next 50 years that would improve our economic outlooks?

One day the people of Wales will wake up to the fact that we are not inferior to anybody, and sleeves will be rolled up and minds hardened to the challenge. All we need to build a better country is some ambition, belief and a refusal to accept 2nd class status any longer.

It would be a resounding YES from me.
If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 14:50 - Sep 18 with 635 viewslondonlisa2001

If you were Scottish, how would you vote tomorrow? on 22:56 - Sep 17 by epaul

YES YES YES so the sweaties can stick one to parliament and Cameron is a gonner

I honestly don't understand why anyone living in England or Wales who is anti Tory would want the vote to be yes today? It may be a short term bloody nose for Cameron, but it would lead to a far greater prospect of continuous Tory domination of westminster for years and years to come.

I'm not disputing the opinion, just the rationale?

If I were Scottish (or actually living in Scotland, because Scottish people haven't got the vote today, those living in Scotland have), I would vote no - not because of any particularly pro Britishness (I have already said before I consider myself Welsh then British, although am not anti Britsh either) but because I believe that there is too much uncertainty about currency, membership status of the EU and Eurozone, over reliance on public sector jobs that will disappear and so on. It'll be interesting to see the outcome - I suspect a bigger margin for no than people think - the yes campaign is making a lot of noise and I do wonder if the no supporters are worried about being seen as 'anti Scottish' and are therefore being quiet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024