Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prague Derby (NSR) 09:53 - Sep 17 with 9941 viewsJackhero

OK, I'm off on a jolly in Prague over the weekend of the Prague (Slavia vs Sparta) Derby.
Anyone have any knowledge or experience of going to games like these and getting tickets? I have no idea where to start really so any advice welcome. I've even convinced the Missus it will be a good idea to go!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Prague Derby (NSR) on 10:13 - Sep 17 with 7781 viewsJesusJack

A few mates and myself went to Slavia vs Mlada Boleslav a couple of years ago when we were out there. We bought tickets at the ticket office right outside the stadium on the day no problem even though it was the first game of the season. Not sure how much luck you'd have with the derby though.

You can get a tram easily enough to the station (Tram 22).

We wore Swans tops on the day which aroused a few confused looks but we felt safe enough.

The atmosphere was bouncing but never intimidating and we were sat near the away fans. You'll definitely enjoy.

Have you been to Prague before? Beware of the pickpockets as you walk into the town centre (You should be okay as they normally only target single men).
Also, check out the Coyote Bar, to the left of the clock tower and through the archway and you'll see it. Good music, atmos and entertainment. No strippers (So missus friendly) but the barmaids do a lot of fire-breathing, bar dancing etc. with clothes on.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Prague Derby (NSR) on 11:37 - Sep 17 with 7744 viewsstevethejack

Likely I'll have the game live on my satellite box, PM me if you want me to record it and put it on DVD for you.
Prague Derby (NSR) on 11:41 - Sep 17 with 7740 viewspencoedjack

Went to Lazio / Roma derby 2 years ago, booked my tickets through seatwave bit pricey but if your desperate to go to the game might be worth booking in advance.

Enjoy .....Prague is a top city anyway.
Prague Derby (NSR) on 12:28 - Sep 17 with 7706 viewsJackhero

Cheers all, tried going through their own ticket website earlier, looks like they have a similar ticket system to ours where members are first and so on. I'll chance going to the ticket office the day before and hope they have a couple left.

Any other tips from anyone else that's been to Prague would be greatly appreciated

Prague Derby (NSR) on 12:39 - Sep 17 with 7691 viewsperchrockjack

Prostitures around wenslaslas square .avoid the outskirts of the city at all costs.

It's cheap but food a bit Germanic and can be stodgy.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Prague Derby (NSR) on 12:47 - Sep 17 with 7679 viewstasmanianjack

This wont really help you as we play away that weekend, but for anyone looking for czech top flight football in Prague i'd suggesting going to the dolicek to watch the mighty klokani, bohemians 1905. the history of the club, especially the last 10 years would be an interesting read for a lot of Jack fans too.

The Dolicek is a proper old school ground and our terrace being the most active in the league.... its a throwback to old school football passion.

You'd want to be quick though, owners of our land are trying to kick us out at end of November (local council announced a press conference for tomorrow to see if theyll save our butts) and we may be shipped back to slavia/plzen which loses the atmosphere that makes our games so unique.

i'm moving to Prague in February with my czech girlfriend, so if anyone's reading this after that date hit me up if you want to go to a local game or need to catch a swans game in a pub while youre there
Prague Derby (NSR) on 12:56 - Sep 17 with 7666 viewsJackhero

Prague Derby (NSR) on 12:39 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Prostitures around wenslaslas square .avoid the outskirts of the city at all costs.

Going with other half Perch ha ha so Wenslaslas Square is out.

Prague Derby (NSR) on 13:00 - Sep 17 with 7655 viewsTom1912

Great city, enjoy!
Login to get fewer ads

Prague Derby (NSR) on 13:13 - Sep 17 with 7635 viewsDyfnant

Prague Derby (NSR) on 12:28 - Sep 17 by Jackhero

Cheers all, tried going through their own ticket website earlier, looks like they have a similar ticket system to ours where members are first and so on. I'll chance going to the ticket office the day before and hope they have a couple left.

Any other tips from anyone else that's been to Prague would be greatly appreciated

Lose the missus for a few hours

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Prague Derby (NSR) on 13:14 - Sep 17 with 7633 viewsperchrockjack

You can't really miss them whether you're with her or not..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Prague Derby (NSR) on 13:22 - Sep 17 with 7625 viewshuwjacbastad

It's easy enough to buy tickets on the day. The games don't sell out and it's even accepted that the Sparta families sit in the home end next to the away section.

If you are in Prague centre look for the ticket agencies with the blue and yellow "TICKETPORTAL" sticker in the window.

They are the agents for the Slavia tickets and can sell you game tickets too. If you want to see the pyros don't go into sections 106-111. If you want to take part go in there... they are the cheapest sections of the ground. Good view from anywhere in the stadium. The games are usually a one goal anti-climax but you will enjoy Prague. PM if you want any more info.

Also.....
If you really want a quirky experience, Viktoria Zizkov play Opava at 10:15 on Sunday morning and that usually attracts a lot of those who go to the derby. Good place to cure a hangover!
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 13:34]
Prague Derby (NSR) on 13:51 - Sep 17 with 7596 viewsJackhero

Prague Derby (NSR) on 13:22 - Sep 17 by huwjacbastad

It's easy enough to buy tickets on the day. The games don't sell out and it's even accepted that the Sparta families sit in the home end next to the away section.

If you are in Prague centre look for the ticket agencies with the blue and yellow "TICKETPORTAL" sticker in the window.

They are the agents for the Slavia tickets and can sell you game tickets too. If you want to see the pyros don't go into sections 106-111. If you want to take part go in there... they are the cheapest sections of the ground. Good view from anywhere in the stadium. The games are usually a one goal anti-climax but you will enjoy Prague. PM if you want any more info.

Also.....
If you really want a quirky experience, Viktoria Zizkov play Opava at 10:15 on Sunday morning and that usually attracts a lot of those who go to the derby. Good place to cure a hangover!
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 13:34]

Thanks some great info there.

Prague Derby (NSR) on 14:03 - Sep 17 with 7584 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

Only one team in Prague .....Ivo Viktor "the Black Cat" 's mob...

Now playing as FK Dukla.

Prague Derby (NSR) on 14:34 - Sep 17 with 7555 viewsjaf69

Prague Derby (NSR) on 14:03 - Sep 17 by Curcubita_Ultra

Only one team in Prague .....Ivo Viktor "the Black Cat" 's mob...

Now playing as FK Dukla.

TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prague Derby (NSR) on 15:01 - Sep 17 with 7531 viewsDrizzy

I went in June this year with some friends and had a wonderful time. Goldfingers is a fantastic bar and should be visited. I had a lot of fun there.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Prague Derby (NSR) on 16:30 - Sep 17 with 7475 viewsJesusJack

Be careful outside of the centre at night. My mates and I were accosted by a young guy wielding a compass (of all things) demanding money. Needless to say, we gave him a good hiding.

Good tip for food, try potrefena husa, just outside the main square opposite Namesti Republicky station. It's basically their wetherspoons. The food and drink is nice and affordable being away from the tourist centre.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Prague Derby (NSR) on 16:35 - Sep 17 with 7470 viewscontroversial_jack

Prague Derby (NSR) on 12:39 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Prague is a very safe city including the outskirts. Beer excellent and good food imo.Never felt threatened there, but the touts around Wenceslas square can be a pain
Prague Derby (NSR) on 17:00 - Sep 17 with 7447 viewsJethroJack

I used to visit Prague monthly on business between 93 and 2003. Witnessed its transformation over than period from Eastern block country & gradual westernisation.

Fantastic city, great booze but average food (hate the dumplings). Never did manage to get to a game (Sparta, Slavia or Bohemians) but remember being told the tickets were as cheap as chips.

Was out there one time & got some REM tickets at Slavia Prague's ground....but the buggers cancelled 2 hours before kick off because the drummer fell ill (brain tumour I think?).

So, never made a Prague football ground.......not even for a gig.

Wilf used to play for Slavia didn't he........before Vitesse Arnhem.
Prague Derby (NSR) on 18:35 - Sep 17 with 7402 viewspatchboy

there is a cracking dubliners pub just off the main square by the astranomical clock.enjoy.
Prague Derby (NSR) on 19:02 - Sep 17 with 7374 viewspikeypaul

Been about 20 times in the last 15 years great city.Going again next May.
Get up to Zizkov only 7 mins tram up from centre some great pubs.
and good music venue ackropolis.
Near the centre try Ferdenanda they have two branches one either side of the river
great food and superb beer try the sedm kuli (seven bullets) named after Franz Ferdinand and the 7 bullets it took to kill him and start the 1st world war.
Been to loads of games one of the best was Czech rep v Denmark world cup
Qualifier about 12 years ago could have been 4-4 but ended 0-0. Pavel Srnicek and Thomas Sorensen stopping everything.
Transport system brilliant and cheap but remember to stamp ticket get 3 day pass
If you like some great food and cakes etc go down to cafe louvre (Google it)
Anything you want to know just ask.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Prague Derby (NSR) on 19:08 - Sep 17 with 7366 viewspikeypaul

Dubliners pub used to be called Legends and owned by a top Czech rep ice hockey player it was bought and turned into a typical Irish bar why go to Prague to drink in a Irish bar?

Do yourselves a favour and get to the locals bars and meet them you'll love it the
so called Irish bars are just full of pissed up stag do`s or boring ex pats bumming drinks.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Prague Derby (NSR) on 21:50 - Sep 17 with 7314 viewsFieryJack

Pikey is right. If you want an Irish bar, go to freakin Ireland.

Was in Amsterdam last week and came across half a dozen of these joke bars - utter carp. Has a far better time drinking with locals in their boozers. Same goes for Prague.
Prague Derby (NSR) on 21:57 - Sep 17 with 7298 viewscontroversial_jack

Prague Derby (NSR) on 18:35 - Sep 17 by patchboy

there is a cracking dubliners pub just off the main square by the astranomical clock.enjoy.

I concur. It serves a great pint of draught Staropramen too. Probably the best beer I have ever tasted. Costs a bit more there but usually an acoustic band playing
Prague Derby (NSR) on 23:53 - Sep 17 with 7243 viewsTNT

Prague is a great place imo too.

Got a tram from the centre, just a couple of stops (missus stayed in hotel!). Had a good look around Sparta Prague's ground / shop / trophies. It was just before our Euro adventure and I was hoping we'd pull Sparta in our first game.

Thoroughly enjoyed Malmo mind!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Prague Derby (NSR) on 01:47 - Sep 18 with 7223 viewsdameedna

Prague Derby (NSR) on 12:47 - Sep 17 by tasmanianjack

This wont really help you as we play away that weekend, but for anyone looking for czech top flight football in Prague i'd suggesting going to the dolicek to watch the mighty klokani, bohemians 1905. the history of the club, especially the last 10 years would be an interesting read for a lot of Jack fans too.

The Dolicek is a proper old school ground and our terrace being the most active in the league.... its a throwback to old school football passion.

You'd want to be quick though, owners of our land are trying to kick us out at end of November (local council announced a press conference for tomorrow to see if theyll save our butts) and we may be shipped back to slavia/plzen which loses the atmosphere that makes our games so unique.

i'm moving to Prague in February with my czech girlfriend, so if anyone's reading this after that date hit me up if you want to go to a local game or need to catch a swans game in a pub while youre there

Good luck with the move, I have lived in Prague, may be back some time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024