Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? 16:23 - Sep 17 with 4443 viewsJackoBoostardo

Maybe?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29239932

Football Association chairman Greg Dyke has said reforming the "chaotic" transfer system will increase opportunities for English players.
On Tuesday, the FA sent out its first draft of proposals to reduce the number of non-EU players within English football by up to 50%.
"The present system is chaotic," Dyke told BBC Sport.
"There are mediocre players that come and take squad places - those could be filled by young English players."
Proposed rule changes have been sent to the Premier League, the Football League and the players' and managers' unions.
The FA hopes a new system can be in place for the 2015-16 season.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 16:43 - Sep 17 with 4413 viewskopperburgjack

Something needs to be done to give your younger players a chance. The U21 level is not good enough standard if they are to be first team fringe players. The step up is way too big.

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 17:52 - Sep 17 with 4335 viewsDr_Winston

So these are "mediocre players" that are still good enough to keep out these young English players?

In which case, what purpose would these restrictions serve other than to enable worse English players to play at a level higher than their talent should allow them to?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 18:08 - Sep 17 with 4306 viewsJackSomething

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 17:52 - Sep 17 by Dr_Winston

So these are "mediocre players" that are still good enough to keep out these young English players?

In which case, what purpose would these restrictions serve other than to enable worse English players to play at a level higher than their talent should allow them to?

Bingo. Not like the FA to look for a quick fix rather than a root and branch overhaul of football in the UK, is it?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 18:15 - Sep 17 with 4290 viewsDyfnant

Agree with not being allowed to loan out new non EU players. They should also restrict the number of non EU allowed in individual squads

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 20:31 - Sep 17 with 4184 viewsDr_Winston

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 18:08 - Sep 17 by JackSomething

Bingo. Not like the FA to look for a quick fix rather than a root and branch overhaul of football in the UK, is it?

Blaming an excess of foreigners is much easier than funding the extra 10-15,000 coaches needed to bring the numbers in the UK to even comparable levels to those of Spain or Germany, or to take time educating clubs and parents to understand that skills development is key in young players, not winning games. Christ, we've seen enough nonsense about that on this board in the last couple of days.

Also something we don't seem to bother with over here is taking the time to develop young players as people as well as footballers. Id make it mandatory for any club offering a kid his first professional contract to ensure that they also do some sort of higher educational course as part of it, up to degree level if needs be.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 22:45 - Sep 17 with 4079 viewssomersetsimon

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 17:52 - Sep 17 by Dr_Winston

A "mediocre" 25 year old foreign player might still be better than a local 18 year old who has some potential. It's a safer bet to take the quick fix and buy a player than wait to see if that 18 year old develops.

It's difficult to think of a system that would encourage more local players, without remembering that this type of system would have meant no Bodde, no Rangel, no Michu...
We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 23:14 - Sep 17 with 4049 viewsJethroJack

When Dyke says "young English players", I'm sure he intended to say "young British players".......what a prick.
We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 06:52 - Sep 18 with 3982 viewsDr_Winston

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 23:14 - Sep 17 by JethroJack

When Dyke says "young English players", I'm sure he intended to say "young British players".......what a prick.

Dyke is in charge of the English FA and associated national teams. Why should he give a shit about players produced for other countries?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 7:21]

Login to get fewer ads

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 07:25 - Sep 18 with 3949 viewsDr_Winston

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 22:45 - Sep 17 by somersetsimon

A "mediocre" 25 year old foreign player might still be better than a local 18 year old who has some potential. It's a safer bet to take the quick fix and buy a player than wait to see if that 18 year old develops.

It's difficult to think of a system that would encourage more local players, without remembering that this type of system would have meant no Bodde, no Rangel, no Michu...

I just don't see clubs going to the hassle of spending money to buy and assimilate a foreign player if they've got a youngster produced themselves who can do the job.

The players that do end up coming through the ranks at the top clubs generally are good enough to stay there. Otherwise they often end up playing for clubs like us, where Hodgson ignores them anyway.

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 08:07 - Sep 18 with 3908 viewsJethroJack

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 06:52 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

Dyke is in charge of the English FA and associated national teams. Why should he give a shit about players produced for other countries?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 7:21]

I never said he should "give a shit". But when the FA's proposal is to reduce the number of non-EU players by 50%, this increases opportunities for all EU players - British & non-British EU, not just English. But his "blinkered" attitude has him believing that it would benefit English players only.
We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 08:32 - Sep 18 with 3885 viewshammy

Dyke is just a bag of hot air ! Always has been in his previous roles at BBC, etc. Nothing will come of any of his policies (B team league playing at Conference / Division 2 level FFS !), he just likes to be in the news.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 09:06 - Sep 18 with 3863 viewsjacksinceever

Surely this should be "British" players not "English" players having these opportunities?
I can follow his logic, but surely if a player from the home nations is good enough he should earn his place on merit - if not then the non-EU player is taking nobody's place.
Also I don't imagine there is much wage differential between what young British players and young foreign players will earn whilst trying to make their mark?
We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 12:42 - Sep 18 with 3791 viewsJethroJack

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 09:06 - Sep 18 by jacksinceever

Surely this should be "British" players not "English" players having these opportunities?
I can follow his logic, but surely if a player from the home nations is good enough he should earn his place on merit - if not then the non-EU player is taking nobody's place.
Also I don't imagine there is much wage differential between what young British players and young foreign players will earn whilst trying to make their mark?

Exactly what I said above
We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 13:20 - Sep 18 with 3761 viewsTaliesin

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 22:45 - Sep 17 by somersetsimon

I may be missing something but why " no Bodde, no Rangel, no Michu... "?
We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 13:26 - Sep 18 with 3752 viewsC_jack

They need better players, not more.

The non-home grown players have increased the quality of the league, and dragged the quality of the natives up with them. Limit the amount of 'foreigners' playing and you limit the quality.

Transfer window has s**t all to do with it. England doesn't produce enough good players.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 13:30 - Sep 18 with 3746 viewsUxbridge

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 20:31 - Sep 17 by Dr_Winston

Blaming an excess of foreigners is much easier than funding the extra 10-15,000 coaches needed to bring the numbers in the UK to even comparable levels to those of Spain or Germany, or to take time educating clubs and parents to understand that skills development is key in young players, not winning games. Christ, we've seen enough nonsense about that on this board in the last couple of days.

Also something we don't seem to bother with over here is taking the time to develop young players as people as well as footballers. Id make it mandatory for any club offering a kid his first professional contract to ensure that they also do some sort of higher educational course as part of it, up to degree level if needs be.

This, this and thrice this.

I've always hoped the club would do a proper tie-up with the city's colleges and universities to ensure the academy kids are properly educated not just in case they fail but also if they succeed.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 16:00 - Sep 18 with 3694 viewsjacksinceever

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 12:42 - Sep 18 by JethroJack

Exactly what I said above

I know. I just tagged onto the top comment before I read the other comments !
We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 16:49 - Sep 18 with 3683 viewsDr_Winston

We COULD be seeing changes to our transfer windows? on 13:30 - Sep 18 by Uxbridge

This, this and thrice this.

I've always hoped the club would do a proper tie-up with the city's colleges and universities to ensure the academy kids are properly educated not just in case they fail but also if they succeed.

Absolutely.

There's been a few pieces up on the Beeb site recently about what happens to players when their careers hit the skids. The number of them who end up in piss poor circumstances or even jail because a neglected education seems to often be a price of footballing success in this country.

No reason why any young player in a YTS or first year pro situation can't also be doing A Levels or higher via the club. Hell, even trade training could be an option if they're not academically inclined.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024