Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey 08:01 - Sep 18 with 1796 viewsSwansNZ

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29247277

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 08:51 - Sep 18 with 1722 viewsMrSwerve

Bloody hell don't show DYSS.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 08:54 - Sep 18 with 1718 viewsSwansNZ

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 08:51 - Sep 18 by MrSwerve

Bloody hell don't show DYSS.

I'm just glad Dav has gone AWOL

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 09:43 - Sep 18 with 1625 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 08:54 - Sep 18 by SwansNZ

I'm just glad Dav has gone AWOL

Talking on the pitch Jon Jo not off it. He is putting pressure on himself and could set himself up for a fall.
Without doubt he is good enough when on top form but he needs to be hitting this peak regularly if he wants to get noticed.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 09:52 - Sep 18 with 1604 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed, he is simply erratic and very young.

Worth keeping,surely?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:06 - Sep 18 with 1584 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 09:52 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

Indeed, he is simply erratic and very young.

Worth keeping,surely?

Keeping? It would be madness to sell. A first team regular that can only get better with the right coaching.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:09 - Sep 18 with 1572 viewsperchrockjack

To me and you he is but others see him as a liability.
All about opinions

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:23 - Sep 18 with 1539 viewsSwansNZ

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:09 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

To me and you he is but others see him as a liability.
All about opinions

Not all others.

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:44 - Sep 18 with 1502 viewsSweyns_Eye

Nothing wrong with signalling his desire to play in the national press I think.

Too many modern pros seem happy to be going through the motions on the pitch for club and country, seemingly happy to be there picking up their humoungous pay cheques.

I think if Shelvey carries on as he is, and helps the Swans to be in the upper reaches of the table he'll become harder to ignore. He just needs to rinse himself of the Stevie G Mark 2 tendencies he has and play as himself.

His time will come.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:51 - Sep 18 with 1483 viewsLe_Swans

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:44 - Sep 18 by Sweyns_Eye

Nothing wrong with signalling his desire to play in the national press I think.

Too many modern pros seem happy to be going through the motions on the pitch for club and country, seemingly happy to be there picking up their humoungous pay cheques.

I think if Shelvey carries on as he is, and helps the Swans to be in the upper reaches of the table he'll become harder to ignore. He just needs to rinse himself of the Stevie G Mark 2 tendencies he has and play as himself.

His time will come.

Indeed, and he was probably probed for that answer too, I doubt he would have just come out with it without being asked. In that instance what else is he supposed to say?
Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:53 - Sep 18 with 1472 viewsScoobyWho

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:23 - Sep 18 by SwansNZ

Not all others.

Fantastic footballer is Jon Jo, one of the best we have at the club.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:57 - Sep 18 with 1465 viewsSwansNZ

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:53 - Sep 18 by ScoobyWho

Fantastic footballer is Jon Jo, one of the best we have at the club.

Totally agree, he gives us something different.

Yes, he is prone to mistakes and inconsistency, but if he was not, he would be still at Liverpool.

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 11:18 - Sep 18 with 1427 viewsZut_Alors

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:57 - Sep 18 by SwansNZ

Totally agree, he gives us something different.

Yes, he is prone to mistakes and inconsistency, but if he was not, he would be still at Liverpool.

Fully agree. I do think that he could work on his conditioning a bit. He has the physical presence and range of skills to be a real Schweinsteiger-type figure for us, but I've seen his form drop at around 60mins in many games.
Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 12:04 - Sep 18 with 1358 viewsDafyddHuw

Never mind England - he's only starting for the Swans cos Leon is out.
Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 13:10 - Sep 18 with 1261 viewsShelveyisgod

Really nice article on the lad here. Amazing to think Lampard only had one cap at his age.

http://sportjustice.com/shelvey-wont-be-one-cap-wonder/
Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 13:17 - Sep 18 with 1243 viewsBloodyhills

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:06 - Sep 18 by Private_Partz

Keeping? It would be madness to sell. A first team regular that can only get better with the right coaching.

He is erratic and does mad stuff at times but I think he can improve with age and the right coaching. If his team mates don't know what he's going to do then neither do the opposition! :D

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 13:39 - Sep 18 with 1216 viewsmonmouth

I've only read the headline, but it's hardly news is it? Or is he so dull he's only just realised he's English?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 22:15 - Sep 18 with 1002 viewsSwansNZ

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 12:04 - Sep 18 by DafyddHuw

Never mind England - he's only starting for the Swans cos Leon is out.

but we're better than England

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 08:25 - Sep 19 with 839 viewsJethroJack

22yr old Jonjo's got all the necessary skills, but needs to improve his fitness & temperament, both of which are curable.
Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 10:06 - Sep 19 with 794 viewsoldcob

Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 08:25 - Sep 19 by JethroJack

22yr old Jonjo's got all the necessary skills, but needs to improve his fitness & temperament, both of which are curable.

As you say he's 22. He's still cooking. Reckon he'll be done in a couple of years then he'll be a tremendous player, and we'll have a struggle to keep hold of him.
Swansea City: 'I could play for England' says Jonjo Shelvey on 13:10 - Sep 19 with 760 viewsWanderer

Does Woy need a hard man enforcer type in the middle for England, does Woy think JJ is the man?
i think that is a pebble in Jonjo's shoe, does he over reach to play the hard man instead of playing pure football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024