Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How The Mighty Have Fallen 12:32 - Sep 18 with 2135 viewsjacksinceever

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29253698
Walked out on us after two weeks.
Thank you Mickey Adams - could have still been in the bottom tier had you stayed
How The Mighty Have Fallen on 12:36 - Sep 18 with 2095 viewsJethroJack

When was he ever "mighty"? Apart from in his own head.
How The Mighty Have Fallen on 12:41 - Sep 18 with 2051 viewsswanny

Perhaps he's heard there's an upcoming vacancy at cardiff

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 13:27 - Sep 18 with 1867 viewsShelveyisgod

Mickey blue eyes would be perfect for the Redbirds....
How The Mighty Have Fallen on 16:02 - Sep 18 with 1631 viewsjacksinceever

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 12:36 - Sep 18 by JethroJack

When was he ever "mighty"? Apart from in his own head.

Exactly. Thought he was so brilliant and too good for li'l ol' Swansea.
Who too good now Mickey Red Eyes???????????
How The Mighty Have Fallen on 16:44 - Sep 18 with 1540 viewsDr_Winston

Couldn't care less about Adams, but their chairman's name is brilliant.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 17:55 - Sep 18 with 1384 viewsBrynmill_Jack

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 16:44 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

Couldn't care less about Adams, but their chairman's name is brilliant.

He's a little blue fella with a white hat

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 19:26 - Sep 18 with 1133 viewsGroo

It was 1997 during our bad times, he had been harshly sacked by Fulham after doing a great job with 1 or 2 promotions, but Faid bought the team and brought Keegan in.

I remember thinking it was a coup when he joined, but our then clown owners had promised money for players. poor sod when he arrived found out what it was really like and he had no promised money, probably asked him to donate in the bucket.

Groo does what Groo does best

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:05 - Sep 18 with 1011 viewsjacksinceever

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 19:26 - Sep 18 by Groo

It was 1997 during our bad times, he had been harshly sacked by Fulham after doing a great job with 1 or 2 promotions, but Faid bought the team and brought Keegan in.

I remember thinking it was a coup when he joined, but our then clown owners had promised money for players. poor sod when he arrived found out what it was really like and he had no promised money, probably asked him to donate in the bucket.

Ah my heart bleeds for him.
"Football Club Owner In False Promises To Manager Shock" - I can imagine the SWEP having a field day with that one
He still left us up the creek without a paddle, rather than giving it a go
Login to get fewer ads

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:11 - Sep 18 with 989 viewsraynor94

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:05 - Sep 18 by jacksinceever

Ah my heart bleeds for him.
"Football Club Owner In False Promises To Manager Shock" - I can imagine the SWEP having a field day with that one
He still left us up the creek without a paddle, rather than giving it a go

Give it a go with what, of course he was shafted by our board, leading on to Cork which is the worst football I remember watching

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:17 - Sep 18 with 969 viewsjacksinceever

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:11 - Sep 18 by raynor94

Give it a go with what, of course he was shafted by our board, leading on to Cork which is the worst football I remember watching

I know he had little to work with, but as an experienced manager with contacts he may have been able to do better than Corky.
As for the worst football, much of watch we had to endure between 1985 and 2003 (with exceptions of course) was equally bad.
I also guess you were lucky to be too young to have suffered Harry Gregg taking us into re-election zone in 1974?
Now that was dire!
How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:22 - Sep 18 with 949 viewsraynor94

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:17 - Sep 18 by jacksinceever

I know he had little to work with, but as an experienced manager with contacts he may have been able to do better than Corky.
As for the worst football, much of watch we had to endure between 1985 and 2003 (with exceptions of course) was equally bad.
I also guess you were lucky to be too young to have suffered Harry Gregg taking us into re-election zone in 1974?
Now that was dire!

Too young first game September 1965 Leyton Orient, remember the gregg years well, he certainly didn't have us playing the swansea way!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:24 - Sep 18 with 939 viewsexiledclaseboy

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:11 - Sep 18 by raynor94

Ian Evans.

Poll: Tory leader

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:37 - Sep 18 with 891 viewsjacksinceever

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:22 - Sep 18 by raynor94

Too young first game September 1965 Leyton Orient, remember the gregg years well, he certainly didn't have us playing the swansea way!

The username throws people. I thought 94 was significant like that being the year of your first game or something!
With a username like Jacksinceever you'd never guess I was only 21
How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:55 - Sep 18 with 857 viewsGroo

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:17 - Sep 18 by jacksinceever

Now that was dire!

He wasn't an experienced manager with contacts, he was mid 30's and had been player manager at Fulham, his first management job. He was supposed to be player manager with us.

He then managed Brentford as player manager, they obviously had at least two pennies he could rub together.

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:56 - Sep 18 with 853 viewsDr_Winston

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 20:55 - Sep 18 by Groo

He wasn't an experienced manager with contacts, he was mid 30's and had been player manager at Fulham, his first management job. He was supposed to be player manager with us.

He then managed Brentford as player manager, they obviously had at least two pennies he could rub together.

I don't remember anything about him being a player manager here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 21:06 - Sep 18 with 810 viewsGroo

I can't remember that either to be honest, just noticed it on his wiki page.

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 21:35 - Sep 18 with 745 viewsGixerJack

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 16:02 - Sep 18 by jacksinceever

Exactly. Thought he was so brilliant and too good for li'l ol' Swansea.
Who too good now Mickey Red Eyes???????????

I seem to remember reading a quote at the time that he had bigger ambitions than Swansea could offer.....Tw@t...feck Im.
How The Mighty Have Fallen on 21:42 - Sep 18 with 718 viewsdickythorpe

John Bond' s cigars cost more than the squad!!
How The Mighty Have Fallen on 06:38 - Sep 19 with 527 viewsDr_Winston

How The Mighty Have Fallen on 21:06 - Sep 18 by Groo

I can't remember that either to be honest, just noticed it on his wiki page.

Think it's probably wrong. He'd retired as a player before the Fulham job if memory serves.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024