Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NHS in Wales is a mess 13:30 - Sep 18 with 842 viewsSwanzay

Due to all the austerity cuts:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-29250947

RIP to the lady concerned.
The NHS in Wales is a mess on 13:37 - Sep 18 with 834 viewsDyfnant

Thing is if you approached every adult in the UK and said you wanted £50 of each of them for a tip top service for a 12 month, you'd have a majority telling you to F off

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 13:37 - Sep 18 with 834 viewsdickythorpe

RIP

Ward closures to save money is causing chaos.
The NHS in Wales is a mess on 15:49 - Sep 18 with 786 viewsMillJack

To read stories like this really is tragic in this day in age but I have sympathy with the front-line staff in the NHS (i.e. Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Paramedics, etc) who have had to deal with the impact of the austerity cuts over the past few years. There is some bias from me as my wife is a Nurse so I hear regularly about the stress and pressure they are put under.

However, as in many things, it's the minority of patients and patients families that cause the main stress. I understand that people only want what's best for their loved ones, but the verbal (and sometimes physical) abuse that my wife has suffered from people who seem to think they're the only patient in the hospital beggars belief.

It's a bit like going into McDonalds and complaining to the person serving about the price of the burgers. They do the best with what they have but unfortunately it's never enough for some people.
The NHS in Wales is a mess on 16:01 - Sep 18 with 778 viewsjojaca

Tories plan working, we will be paying their mates private healthcare soon. Then we will have something to complain about when we have a choice of paying for healthcare or putting food on the table.

Even when you know, you never know?

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 21:07 - Sep 18 with 690 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Aye, it could have done with the 50 million the Assembly spunked on the airport and all. Priorities FFS

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 21:28 - Sep 18 with 672 viewsdickythorpe

Feck that manky sarnie!!
The NHS in Wales is a mess on 23:24 - Sep 18 with 626 viewsFrank_Lazarus

It was an awful mess an awful long time before the austerity cuts.
The NHS in Wales is a mess on 07:32 - Sep 19 with 568 viewsJohnw102

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 16:01 - Sep 18 by jojaca

Tories plan working, we will be paying their mates private healthcare soon. Then we will have something to complain about when we have a choice of paying for healthcare or putting food on the table.

I may be wrong, but is not the NHS in Wales under the control of the Senedd? So this may be one thing we can't blame Cameron and his mates for.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Login to get fewer ads

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 07:59 - Sep 19 with 551 viewsQuakerJack

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 07:32 - Sep 19 by Johnw102

I may be wrong, but is not the NHS in Wales under the control of the Senedd? So this may be one thing we can't blame Cameron and his mates for.

You're not wrong, the labour party are even trying to use Wales as a beacon for their plans for the NHS then blaming Cameron when things go wrong.

Free prescriptions and tuition fees are all well and good but in these tough times, I'd rather pay 7 quid for antibiotics and put that back into hospitals.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 08:54 - Sep 19 with 532 viewsUxbridge

The WAG would no doubt blame the Barnett formula however that cannot excuse gross mismanagement.

Will be interesting to know whether this depressing event is in any way related to the cutting of services away from South West wales in order to continue services in the east. How Edwina Hart kept her seat after that is quite beyond me .. she let down her constituents badly.

On the flip side, my GP's is very good. Never have to wait more than a few hours for an appointment. Lots of places can't say that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 10:28 - Sep 19 with 518 viewsCatullus

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 15:49 - Sep 18 by MillJack

To read stories like this really is tragic in this day in age but I have sympathy with the front-line staff in the NHS (i.e. Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Paramedics, etc) who have had to deal with the impact of the austerity cuts over the past few years. There is some bias from me as my wife is a Nurse so I hear regularly about the stress and pressure they are put under.

However, as in many things, it's the minority of patients and patients families that cause the main stress. I understand that people only want what's best for their loved ones, but the verbal (and sometimes physical) abuse that my wife has suffered from people who seem to think they're the only patient in the hospital beggars belief.

It's a bit like going into McDonalds and complaining to the person serving about the price of the burgers. They do the best with what they have but unfortunately it's never enough for some people.

My wife works for the NHS too. My sister is a nurse and I have friends who work in hospitals in all departments.
The stories I have heard that are directly caused by cutbacks, it's shocking. But then the stories about staff negligence, complaints because of rudeness and bad practice.....if I were to put some of them on here you'd think I was making it up.

I drive past Morriston A&E most days, just yesterday at roughly 10.35 the bays were all full and four other ambulances were queuing.
Most likely they hadn't handed over patients because there were no beds. So anybody who dialled 999 at that point would have struggled to get an ambulance.
About 5 years ago I needed an ambulance, I was in Killay precinct. They had to send one from Camarthen because there were none available in Swansea, it took 40 mins. I had kidney stones, I was in pure agony.
This problem isn't new and it's getting worse. Admittedly a lot of problems are caused by people going to A&E or calling an ambulance when they don't need one. many people could go to minor injuries in NPT.
But when staff are under so much pressure all the time, mistakes are bound to happen.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 14:09 - Sep 19 with 489 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 07:59 - Sep 19 by QuakerJack

You're not wrong, the labour party are even trying to use Wales as a beacon for their plans for the NHS then blaming Cameron when things go wrong.

Free prescriptions and tuition fees are all well and good but in these tough times, I'd rather pay 7 quid for antibiotics and put that back into hospitals.

Tuition fees aren't completely free here, students pay £3800 of the £9000 with the WAG funding the rest.

It's still a ludicrously high grant to give students though, especially when most are only going to Uni as a 3 year holiday.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 14:20 - Sep 19 with 479 viewsMillJack

The NHS in Wales is a mess on 10:28 - Sep 19 by Catullus

My wife works for the NHS too. My sister is a nurse and I have friends who work in hospitals in all departments.
The stories I have heard that are directly caused by cutbacks, it's shocking. But then the stories about staff negligence, complaints because of rudeness and bad practice.....if I were to put some of them on here you'd think I was making it up.

I drive past Morriston A&E most days, just yesterday at roughly 10.35 the bays were all full and four other ambulances were queuing.
Most likely they hadn't handed over patients because there were no beds. So anybody who dialled 999 at that point would have struggled to get an ambulance.
About 5 years ago I needed an ambulance, I was in Killay precinct. They had to send one from Camarthen because there were none available in Swansea, it took 40 mins. I had kidney stones, I was in pure agony.
This problem isn't new and it's getting worse. Admittedly a lot of problems are caused by people going to A&E or calling an ambulance when they don't need one. many people could go to minor injuries in NPT.
But when staff are under so much pressure all the time, mistakes are bound to happen.

"But then the stories about staff negligence, complaints because of rudeness and bad practice.....if I were to put some of them on here you'd think I was making it up."

I've got no doubt that there are some horror stories, in fact I know that one ward in particular at Morriston is currently under very close scrutiny.

Unfortunately the NHS in wales is paying the price for it's policy of offering extensive bursaries to anyone doing their Nurses training in this country (albeit that it's now finished). Many people saw it as an opportunity to get paid whilst completing a degree without ever really having the desire, or personal ability, to undertake the important nursing role
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024