Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? 20:25 - Sep 18 with 2763 viewsjacksinceever

It seems Spurs won't play at Arsenal while their new stadium is being built. Is this rivalry gone mad, or do you agree with Spurs fans ?

[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 21:06]
Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 20:34 - Sep 18 with 2717 viewsjacksinceever

Can't get my poll to embed now!
Sod it - I've deleted it now
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 21:07]
Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 20:42 - Sep 18 with 2695 viewsGowerjack

Dont bother its a feckin stupid question

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 20:47 - Sep 18 with 2670 viewsjacksinceever

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 20:42 - Sep 18 by Gowerjack

Dont bother its a feckin stupid question

Well, for most normal football fans yes.
Yet it seems Spurs playing at Arsenal's stadium is a non-starter, as the Tottenham fans won't wear it.
They'd rather travel to Milton flippin' Keynes!
So I just wondered if the same mentality existed in those who supposedly hate Cardiff ( I discount myself from that group and would go if we were playing there every two weeks or so)
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 21:05]
Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 20:52 - Sep 18 with 2649 viewstylagarwjack

I can't imagine the police allowing that in either instance, especially ours.

Rivalry runs very deep, Brizzle Rovers were talking to Swindon and Cheltenham rather than Brizzle City about ground sharing a few years a few years ago when they were looking to build a new stadium, to a non football fan it would seem ridiculous to have to travel 40 miles for a home game when there is a venue within 5 miles which would be perfectly ok, but as we know, football is extremely tribal, even in the 21st century!
Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 20:54 - Sep 18 with 2642 viewsairedale

I think we'd go, tie it in with shopping and visiting some nice little boozers (not the Albert though, they've really improved that out of all recognition).
Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 21:03 - Sep 18 with 2610 viewsOldjack

never never never ,
the End

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 21:04 - Sep 18 with 2606 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I'd rather us play up mynydd newydd

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 21:17 - Sep 18 with 2565 viewsMrSwerve

It would be fine mun, since we were promoted to the prem, all of the Cardiff fans have admitted that their real rivals have always been Bristol City, and they've never regarded us as much of a rival as them.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 21:18 - Sep 18 with 2561 viewsjackharris

Never going to happen but we could perhaps play at Parc Yr Scarlets. It has a 14,500 capacity. There is room for another 2,000 temporary seats (1,000 either end) behind the goals.

That would mean a total capacity of around 16,500 (if we could use the small terrace).

We would need some people to volunteer to not have a season ticket for that season. Or not have the premier club for that season. Offer incentives to fans to forego their season for that season, etc.

Season ticket holders 13,000
Match day sales 1,650
Away fans 1,650
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 21:20]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 21:23 - Sep 18 with 2535 viewsmonmouth

Why the hell would we need to move to redevelop our ground to the capacity we need??

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 21:26 - Sep 18 with 2527 viewsGowerjack

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 21:18 - Sep 18 by jackharris

Never going to happen but we could perhaps play at Parc Yr Scarlets. It has a 14,500 capacity. There is room for another 2,000 temporary seats (1,000 either end) behind the goals.

That would mean a total capacity of around 16,500 (if we could use the small terrace).

We would need some people to volunteer to not have a season ticket for that season. Or not have the premier club for that season. Offer incentives to fans to forego their season for that season, etc.

Season ticket holders 13,000
Match day sales 1,650
Away fans 1,650
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 21:20]

And the seats are an especially lucky shade of red so that's a bonus.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 21:27 - Sep 18 with 2525 viewsGixerJack

Nope, drive past it most days and wretch every time!!!

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 21:41 - Sep 18 with 2483 viewsdan_swansea

No

Poll: Safe standing; what's your thoughts?

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 07:17 - Sep 19 with 2306 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 21:26 - Sep 18 by Gowerjack

And the seats are an especially lucky shade of red so that's a bonus.

???
I'd rather play at Cardiff so we could fit in 30000 "home"* fans.

* Swansea fans natch

Or if we were doing well and in the top 4 the vertigo stadium would be fine , averaging 50k a home game

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 07:32 - Sep 19 with 2281 viewsjack247

Hypothetically, yes. I would rather Parc Y Scarlets, as suggested above, closer to home, we wouldn't lose face, likely to cost a lot less. I would guess they would need some temporary seating though.

But if we had no option, then yes, I would go to Cardiff to watch us
Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 08:37 - Sep 19 with 2207 viewsjacksinceever

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 21:23 - Sep 18 by monmouth

Why the hell would we need to move to redevelop our ground to the capacity we need??

I'm not saying we would or should.
It's just a hypothetical question to find out if our mentality is the same as many Spurs fans (and the club administration it seems) who rather travel 50 miles to Milton Keynes (capacity 30k) than play at Arsenal which is 4 miles away and holds 60K
I know rivalry blinds us all sometimes, but if they can't play at Wembley or the Olympic Stadium, then it seems the Emirates Stadium is a no-brainer.
Of course, let's not good economic sense get in the way of maintaining good old fashioned rivalry.
Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 10:02 - Sep 19 with 2153 viewsCatullus

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 07:32 - Sep 19 by jack247

Hypothetically, yes. I would rather Parc Y Scarlets, as suggested above, closer to home, we wouldn't lose face, likely to cost a lot less. I would guess they would need some temporary seating though.

But if we had no option, then yes, I would go to Cardiff to watch us

I would too. I can imagine the horror on Cardiff fans faces at us playing in their stadium with bigger crowds than they got!!

But the police, or indeed Cardiff, would never allow it. Parc Y Scarlets is too small. How do we decide who has to give up their seats? I wouldn't want to, and I doubt anyone would unless there was a massive incentive.

If it was that big an incentive, say a free season for the next 5 years, maybe I would!! I could still try to get a ticket on match day sales.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 10:44 - Sep 19 with 2121 viewsJack_y_Jwc

I live within about half a mile of the CCS, so I wouldn't have any objections but it would be a political nightmare

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 12:58 - Sep 19 with 2054 viewssully49

Would You Watch Swans Play at Cardiff Legoland if We Redeveloped The Liberty? on 20:47 - Sep 18 by jacksinceever

Well, for most normal football fans yes.
Yet it seems Spurs playing at Arsenal's stadium is a non-starter, as the Tottenham fans won't wear it.
They'd rather travel to Milton flippin' Keynes!
So I just wondered if the same mentality existed in those who supposedly hate Cardiff ( I discount myself from that group and would go if we were playing there every two weeks or so)
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 21:05]

The only other logical venue would be the Millenium Stadium, but where it is makes it politically impossible. We could get a big enough ground, unfortunately has to be in Turksville. Out of the fireplace into the fire. Ironically the Welsh word for fire is Tan.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024