Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gordon Brown 12:13 - Sep 19 with 3472 viewsCountyJim

What a politician and what a speaker the man on his own saved these Islands
Gordon Brown on 12:18 - Sep 19 with 1835 viewsCatullus

What? he saved the Union but what about all the damage he did whilst in Downing street?

He didn't even do it to save the union really, he did it to save Scotland!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Gordon Brown on 12:23 - Sep 19 with 1824 viewsmax936

Bit early to be on the baking sherry innit Jimbo.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gordon Brown on 12:24 - Sep 19 with 1824 viewsCountyJim

Gordon Brown on 12:18 - Sep 19 by Catullus

What? he saved the Union but what about all the damage he did whilst in Downing street?

He didn't even do it to save the union really, he did it to save Scotland!

Thats what I said him alone saved the Union the Islands

Even the SNP said they couldn't put an arguement up against him
Gordon Brown on 12:27 - Sep 19 with 1815 viewsCatullus

Gordon Brown on 12:24 - Sep 19 by CountyJim

All he did was tell the truth, Cameron could have done that if he wasn't so incompetent. And he nowhere near saved the islands, it wasn't a war. We would all have suffered, true, but we'd have survived. The Jocks would have had it much harder.

Your being a bit melodramatic!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Gordon Brown on 12:27 - Sep 19 with 1815 viewsLohengrin

Gordon Brown on 12:24 - Sep 19 by CountyJim

They could have employed his own record in office.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Gordon Brown on 12:32 - Sep 19 with 1806 viewsUxbridge

Brown's record in office is nowhere near as bad as is made out. There's a more than decent economic case to be made that the problems would have been much worse if it wasn't for the actions he took in his last months in power, and the economy would have been stronger now if he had held power rather than the present Govt's aggressive austerity measures and inability to differentiate between household debt and sovereign debt.

His biggest problem was that he tried to be something that he isn't. If he'd embraced his dour Scottishness then he'd have had a chance of winning. That and he acted more than a bit of a dick.

Make no mistake though, if he hadn't been parachuted in at the last minute, Salmond could have won this. Gordon Brown saved the Union and Cameron should be on his knees thanking him in the way he learned at Eton.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Gordon Brown on 12:51 - Sep 19 with 1767 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

Gordon Brown on 12:32 - Sep 19 by Uxbridge

Brown's record in office is nowhere near as bad as is made out. There's a more than decent economic case to be made that the problems would have been much worse if it wasn't for the actions he took in his last months in power, and the economy would have been stronger now if he had held power rather than the present Govt's aggressive austerity measures and inability to differentiate between household debt and sovereign debt.

His biggest problem was that he tried to be something that he isn't. If he'd embraced his dour Scottishness then he'd have had a chance of winning. That and he acted more than a bit of a dick.

Make no mistake though, if he hadn't been parachuted in at the last minute, Salmond could have won this. Gordon Brown saved the Union and Cameron should be on his knees thanking him in the way he learned at Eton.

Excellent post Andrew, on many levels, especially the last line! ;)

New Labour are not my cup of Darjeeling but some of the stuff the Tory owned press try to blame them for are, well...not even half-truths, just downright lies...
Gordon Brown on 13:18 - Sep 19 with 1738 viewsUxbridge

Gordon Brown on 12:51 - Sep 19 by Curcubita_Ultra

Excellent post Andrew, on many levels, especially the last line! ;)

New Labour are not my cup of Darjeeling but some of the stuff the Tory owned press try to blame them for are, well...not even half-truths, just downright lies...

I learnt from the best

Lies in the press and from politicians? Who would have thought that eh. I particularly enjoyed Gideon taking credit for getting the UK economy back into growth when it was nothing other than the inevitable upswing after a long period of stagnation. This Tory Govt claiming the title of being the economic saviours of the country is so ridiculous yet has now become perceived wisdom due to the incompetence of Milliband and his ilk to call it for what it is.

Login to get fewer ads

Gordon Brown on 13:33 - Sep 19 with 1713 viewsCatullus

Gordon Brown on 13:18 - Sep 19 by Uxbridge

I learnt from the best

Lies in the press and from politicians? Who would have thought that eh. I particularly enjoyed Gideon taking credit for getting the UK economy back into growth when it was nothing other than the inevitable upswing after a long period of stagnation. This Tory Govt claiming the title of being the economic saviours of the country is so ridiculous yet has now become perceived wisdom due to the incompetence of Milliband and his ilk to call it for what it is.

If it was an inevitable upswing, why is the rest of Europe still suffering? And in some cases getting worse?

Gordon Brown on 14:31 - Sep 19 with 1666 viewsUxbridge

Gordon Brown on 13:33 - Sep 19 by Catullus

If it was an inevitable upswing, why is the rest of Europe still suffering? And in some cases getting worse?

Because a lot of Europe is a basket case, largely because of their rush to join a currency they were fundamentally unsuited to joining.

There's another thing we can thank Gordon Brown for not joining.

Anyone who thinks we were ever actually at risk of being like Greece has a fundamental lack of understanding of both economies and economics in general. Yes that means you Gideon.

Gordon Brown on 15:09 - Sep 19 with 1630 viewsscottishjack

Gordon Brown was immense in this past week with regards the referendum, regardless of his past successes and failures, he has done a grand job these past few days. Possibly Scotlands next first minister? If he fancies the job, then I think he is the one to get Labour past the SNP up there.

I still think that Salmond eased off a touch once Devo Max was put on the table though.

Either way, the result is in no doubt, Alex Salmond can take credit for getting the result as close as he did, and with Devo Max (if the promises are kept), the Scottish people will get what many of them wanted with Devolution in the first place.

If David Cameron had included Devo Max on the ballot papers in the first place, then the Union would never have been at risk, but they were so confident of a no vote that they didn't bother. Now he has to answer to his party about the promises that have been made.
Gordon Brown on 15:14 - Sep 19 with 1621 viewsUxbridge

Gordon Brown on 15:09 - Sep 19 by scottishjack

Gordon Brown was immense in this past week with regards the referendum, regardless of his past successes and failures, he has done a grand job these past few days. Possibly Scotlands next first minister? If he fancies the job, then I think he is the one to get Labour past the SNP up there.

I still think that Salmond eased off a touch once Devo Max was put on the table though.

Either way, the result is in no doubt, Alex Salmond can take credit for getting the result as close as he did, and with Devo Max (if the promises are kept), the Scottish people will get what many of them wanted with Devolution in the first place.

If David Cameron had included Devo Max on the ballot papers in the first place, then the Union would never have been at risk, but they were so confident of a no vote that they didn't bother. Now he has to answer to his party about the promises that have been made.

Not just the party, the rest of the UK. Continuing the Barnett formula in its current format is utterly impossible.

Gordon Brown on 15:14 - Sep 19 with 1620 viewsUxbridge

Gordon Brown on 15:09 - Sep 19 by scottishjack

Not just the party, the rest of the UK. Continuing the Barnett formula in its current format is utterly impractical.

Gordon Brown on 15:22 - Sep 19 with 1610 viewsscottishjack

Gordon Brown on 15:14 - Sep 19 by Uxbridge

Not just the party, the rest of the UK. Continuing the Barnett formula in its current format is utterly impractical.

Agreed, this referendum will change a lot of things in the future, all over the UK. Hopefully the changes that are coming will be a good thing, but who knows eh?
Gordon Brown on 15:24 - Sep 19 with 1608 viewsUxbridge

Gordon Brown on 15:22 - Sep 19 by scottishjack

Agreed, this referendum will change a lot of things in the future, all over the UK. Hopefully the changes that are coming will be a good thing, but who knows eh?

We can but hope Must admit I'm not overly optimistic if I'm looking at the characters in play ...

Gordon Brown on 15:38 - Sep 19 with 1592 viewsBatterseajack

Gordon Brown on 15:24 - Sep 19 by Uxbridge

We can but hope Must admit I'm not overly optimistic if I'm looking at the characters in play ...

Part of me thinks that Labour had a lot more to lose out on had Scotland voted yes. Scotland forms a sizeable part of labours support and without them, we'd be stuck with the Tory's for the foreseeable future. Maybe that's why Cameron didn't pull his finger out.

* sorry uxbridge, didn't mean to quote you
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 17:44]
Gordon Brown on 15:42 - Sep 19 with 1588 viewsperchrockjack

but that would tend to suggest Conservatives aren't really a part of the Scottish mindset as a whole.

Its exactly the case in that last good post.

Labour has lost its way; people hated the old regime and then the new regime. Its not the party it was set up to be ;it cant be as times have changed and we don't send kids up chimneys anymore either

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gordon Brown on 15:47 - Sep 19 with 1585 viewsUxbridge

You're confusing Conservatives and conservatives.

The Tories are dead in Scotland because of their actions, not because Scotland is left-wing.

Gordon Brown on 16:05 - Sep 19 with 1562 viewsPonderosa

Anyone else sing The Stranglers song whenever they see Gordon Brown? (Texture like sun)

Bring The Missus

Gordon Brown on 16:27 - Sep 19 with 1540 viewsUxbridge

Gordon Brown on 16:05 - Sep 19 by Ponderosa

Anyone else sing The Stranglers song whenever they see Gordon Brown? (Texture like sun)

Yep!

Gordon Brown on 16:37 - Sep 19 with 1528 viewstrampie

The bribery of extra powers won the day - I expect that row to kick off anytime soon, its a point of order, some 'No' voters will have been swindled.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Gordon Brown on 17:01 - Sep 19 with 1503 viewsperchrockjack

at s democracy for you trampie. Its what mother Russia was supposed to be about.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gordon Brown on 17:24 - Sep 19 with 1480 viewsepaul

Gordon Brown on 15:38 - Sep 19 by Batterseajack

Part of me thinks that Labour had a lot more to lose out on had Scotland voted yes. Scotland forms a sizeable part of labours support and without them, we'd be stuck with the Tory's for the foreseeable future. Maybe that's why Cameron didn't pull his finger out.

* sorry uxbridge, didn't mean to quote you
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 17:44]

At the 2007 GE Labour's majority without any Scottish MP's would have not stopped them winning, although yes it could be different this time

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Gordon Brown on 18:59 - Sep 19 with 1416 viewsreddythered

Is this Gordon Brown relates to the same Gordon Brown, unelected Prime Minister who has rarely been seen in the Houses of Parliament in recent years?

Maybe mundane day to day matters aren't as important to boosting his own pocket.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Gordon Brown on 20:46 - Sep 19 with 1351 viewsKilkennyjack

Gordon did the Tories work for them. Used big time.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024