Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid 12:41 - Sep 19 with 2506 viewsmarchamjack

Oh well...least England, Scotland and Ireland got some games

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 18:50 - Sep 19 with 610 viewsImAlrightJack

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 17:46 - Sep 19 by JBT95

An experience. That's what you would have gained.

.... and then stuck in the middle of nowhere after the game cos of the public transport issue.
Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 19:15 - Sep 19 with 588 viewsLe_Swans

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 16:47 - Sep 19 by somersetsimon

So they were expecting more people to drive to an international football match than a Wales - England rugby match?

No, but parking is one of UEFA's criteria to award stadiums as category A, the lack of this is why it hasn't and will never host the Champions League Final, and obviously now the Euro's.
Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 19:55 - Sep 19 with 564 viewsDyfnant

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 17:46 - Sep 19 by JBT95

An experience. That's what you would have gained.

I expect it would be a far better experience to pop over to Munich or the like for one of the games being held there. Another plus being not surrounded by a load of happy clapping scummers whispering about accents.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 20:59 - Sep 19 with 521 viewsbuilthjack

Heard on good authority that they were scrutinised on ticket sales for this Euro campaign.
With tickets only going on general sale 3 weeks before a game it's hardly surprising that Uefa looked and thought there's no way that the FAW are ready for it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 21:09 - Sep 19 with 515 viewsSwansNZ

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 17:45 - Sep 19 by JBT95

It is a huge shame.

Apparently of the 19 bids, four countries didn't make it to the voting stage as they didn't meet the requirements.. so only Cardiff and Sweden lost out really.

Cardiff had 21 votes and Glasgow with an outdated Hampden that UEFA called 'inadequate' had 22 votes. Apparently the Scottish UEFA executive that died had an impact on some of the voters. Shocking if you ask me.

I agree with Steven Carroll though... why are many countries that host international tournaments regularly been awarded again. For the final and semis fair enough but to have group games in Rome, Bilbao, Amsterdam and Munich is a joke.

Yep, this would have been a good opportunity to hold all the group games in countries that will never be able to hold a tournament.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 21:14 - Sep 19 with 507 viewsDr_Winston

Less money pumped into the Cardiff economy is never a bad thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 21:15 - Sep 19 with 504 viewsJBT95

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 20:59 - Sep 19 by builthjack

Heard on good authority that they were scrutinised on ticket sales for this Euro campaign.
With tickets only going on general sale 3 weeks before a game it's hardly surprising that Uefa looked and thought there's no way that the FAW are ready for it.

I do agree. The tickets should have been on sale no later than April in my opinion. They knew they were going to play at the CCS, the ticket prices and the fixtures came out on 23/02. Why it took 6 months for ticket details is anybody's guess.

However I doubt what you are saying to be true.

UEFA conduct all the general ticket sales for EURO tournaments through their website on a ballot like with the Champions League final and Super Cup tickets, the only other way to get hold of tickets is through corporate sponsors and from the football clubs/associations involved in the game taking place.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 21:19]
Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 21:17 - Sep 19 with 500 viewsJBT95

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 19:55 - Sep 19 by Dyfnant

I expect it would be a far better experience to pop over to Munich or the like for one of the games being held there. Another plus being not surrounded by a load of happy clapping scummers whispering about accents.

I doubt you are German and live in Germany though.

To be holding it in our country were I was born would have had it very special to have gone to.

Never heard any whispering about accents at any Wales game myself personally.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 21:33 - Sep 19 with 478 viewsbuilthjack

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 21:15 - Sep 19 by JBT95

I do agree. The tickets should have been on sale no later than April in my opinion. They knew they were going to play at the CCS, the ticket prices and the fixtures came out on 23/02. Why it took 6 months for ticket details is anybody's guess.

However I doubt what you are saying to be true.

UEFA conduct all the general ticket sales for EURO tournaments through their website on a ballot like with the Champions League final and Super Cup tickets, the only other way to get hold of tickets is through corporate sponsors and from the football clubs/associations involved in the game taking place.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 21:19]

My source is a FAW Councillor. He reckons his colleagues there are more than happy to take Sky's money and are not bothered if 10 or 30 thousand turn up. His words.
Agree with what you are saying for the 2020 tickets.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 21:35 - Sep 19 with 469 viewsbuilthjack

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 21:33 - Sep 19 by builthjack

My source is a FAW Councillor. He reckons his colleagues there are more than happy to take Sky's money and are not bothered if 10 or 30 thousand turn up. His words.

Uefa likely to have looked at the overall incompetence of the FAW

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 21:42 - Sep 19 with 462 viewsJBT95

Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 21:33 - Sep 19 by builthjack

Yeah I always said the FAW aren't too fussed about the ticket money as sky give them enough, it's a big shame though they should be trying to get as many people there as possible.
Wales miss out on Euro 2020 bid on 23:28 - Sep 19 with 400 viewsperchrockjack

Prestigious games are always good for the local economy.
Be nice if Swansea had a stadium of that capacity

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024