Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls 18:55 - Sep 19 with 2587 viewsZut_Alors

http://www.theguardian.com/media-network/media-network-blog/2014/sep/18/psycholo

Can think of one or two on here that could do with reading this.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 18:56]
Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 19:00 - Sep 19 with 1475 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's hope Lisa reads it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 19:06 - Sep 19 with 1475 viewsJackfath

Interesting article, thanks for posting.

Having read that I can 100% state I am in no way a "troll".

I suggest it's an easy term to bandy about when people seem to be floundering as to what to respond when replying to certain posters.

All very interesting indeed.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 19:26 - Sep 19 with 1450 viewseddie71

Insight is such a precious thing.
Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:10 - Sep 19 with 1414 viewsunion_jack

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 19:06 - Sep 19 by Jackfath

Interesting article, thanks for posting.

Having read that I can 100% state I am in no way a "troll".

I suggest it's an easy term to bandy about when people seem to be floundering as to what to respond when replying to certain posters.

All very interesting indeed.

Nope, sorry, this is you to a T.

And no, I am not going to prolong the debate by explaining why. Just read it and come out!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:32 - Sep 19 with 1385 viewsJackfath

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:10 - Sep 19 by union_jack

Nope, sorry, this is you to a T.

And no, I am not going to prolong the debate by explaining why. Just read it and come out!!!

Apologies you're mistaken. You haven't a clue I'm afraid.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:36 - Sep 19 with 1378 viewsJackoBoostardo

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:32 - Sep 19 by Jackfath

Apologies you're mistaken. You haven't a clue I'm afraid.

A person who rubs people the wrong way - and the only supporter of Dwight?..

Nah - I think it's pretty much spot on!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:37 - Sep 19 with 1378 viewsperchrockjack

Troll is a misused word for the internet era.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:40 - Sep 19 with 1368 viewsJackoBoostardo

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:37 - Sep 19 by perchrockjack

Troll is a misused word for the internet era.

We're not literally referring to a creature that lives under bridges, scaring goats Perch!

The term has been adapted for modern day reference to a person who intentionally seeks to annoy and cause grief online.

Although I tend to refer to them primarily as "tw@ts".

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Login to get fewer ads

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:50 - Sep 19 with 1353 viewsJackfath

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:40 - Sep 19 by JackoBoostardo

We're not literally referring to a creature that lives under bridges, scaring goats Perch!

The term has been adapted for modern day reference to a person who intentionally seeks to annoy and cause grief online.

Can anyone else see the irony here?

Read what you've contributed in this thread and read the definitions of a troll in the article and get back to me.

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:52 - Sep 19 with 1348 viewsperchrockjack

I truly am a devious fecker and i blame my upbringing

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:54 - Sep 19 with 1341 viewsJackfath

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:52 - Sep 19 by perchrockjack

I truly am a devious fecker and i blame my upbringing

You wouldn't class yourself as a "troll" though would you?

I think where some people get confused in my particular case is thus; they make a wild statement and I ask for clarity. They then think I am "winding them up" or "trolling". I am not.

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:02 - Sep 19 with 1326 viewsperchrockjack

More or less yeah.

I post rank grammer

And what more i refuse to leave this site when ordered to do so by the guvna.

I ve posted some shockers admittedly but also have posted serious stuff .

Sometimes ,its hard for some to see the difference..

This month had been a bad one and dav needs a shoeing fir leaving as he did...

Some posters however have proven terrific and a class above with lisalondon in the vanguard..

Anyway, boomers is on and steph beacham in particular

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:03 - Sep 19 with 1326 viewsJackoBoostardo

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 20:50 - Sep 19 by Jackfath

Can anyone else see the irony here?

Read what you've contributed in this thread and read the definitions of a troll in the article and get back to me.

Um, what?!

There's a huge difference between what I've said in this thread, and what you are constantly bleating about.

My comment about trolls living under bridges, which I assume you are commenting on, is clearly different to your constant jibes and underhanded backhanded bullsh1t.

So yeah, I can see the irony, you need to read the original definition yourself of a troll!

Troll: NOUN
A mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:07 - Sep 19 with 1321 viewsJackfath

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:03 - Sep 19 by JackoBoostardo

Um, what?!

There's a huge difference between what I've said in this thread, and what you are constantly bleating about.

My comment about trolls living under bridges, which I assume you are commenting on, is clearly different to your constant jibes and underhanded backhanded bullsh1t.

So yeah, I can see the irony, you need to read the original definition yourself of a troll!

Troll: NOUN
A mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.

My constant bleating? Utter nonsense. Could you provide details?
"my constant jibes, and underhanded backhanded bullshit." what does that mean? Again could you provide details?

Thanks.

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:08 - Sep 19 with 1319 viewsJackoBoostardo

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:07 - Sep 19 by Jackfath

My constant bleating? Utter nonsense. Could you provide details?
"my constant jibes, and underhanded backhanded bullshit." what does that mean? Again could you provide details?

Thanks.

For reference: Every post you've made here. The more obvious of which, tends to come in defense of DYSS.

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:16 - Sep 19 with 1305 viewsJackfath

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:08 - Sep 19 by JackoBoostardo

For reference: Every post you've made here. The more obvious of which, tends to come in defense of DYSS.

That's odd, I haven't mentioned Dwight once in this thread. You have, several times.

Once more, posting statements which are intended to get a rise. You seeing a pattern here?

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:20 - Sep 19 with 1295 viewsJackoBoostardo

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:16 - Sep 19 by Jackfath

That's odd, I haven't mentioned Dwight once in this thread. You have, several times.

Once more, posting statements which are intended to get a rise. You seeing a pattern here?

You're DYSS's white knight! You're always defending him. The fact you're claiming you haven't on this thread is meaningless - you look at every other thread where someone criticises the tool.

And no - I ain't biting!

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:21 - Sep 19 with 1290 viewsJackfath

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:20 - Sep 19 by JackoBoostardo

You're DYSS's white knight! You're always defending him. The fact you're claiming you haven't on this thread is meaningless - you look at every other thread where someone criticises the tool.

And no - I ain't biting!

Once more you are mentioning him in an manner designed to get a rise. Can you see the pattern here?

It's got nothing to do with "biting". I am being perfectly serious.

It's clear to me that you are indeed the troll. Nobody else in this thread.

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:44 - Sep 19 with 1263 viewsShaky

A quick refresher lesson from the master, Ken M:

More at http://horseysurprise.tumblr.com/

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 00:06 - Sep 20 with 1199 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 21:20 - Sep 19 by JackoBoostardo

And no - I ain't biting!

I think you need to join Dav in the time-out corner for a couple of days, maybe a week.

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 00:15 - Sep 20 with 1189 viewsskippyjack

Jackfath isn't a troll.. he's just superior and smarter.. his protege Dwight is lacking though..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 00:45 - Sep 20 with 1167 viewsJackoBoostardo

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 00:06 - Sep 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think you need to join Dav in the time-out corner for a couple of days, maybe a week.

I think you need to fukk off to RedCafe!

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 01:03 - Sep 20 with 1153 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 00:45 - Sep 20 by JackoBoostardo

I was actually there on the 18th. I'll be there on the 27th too. I'll have a magnificent view of the pitch.

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 01:09 - Sep 20 with 1149 viewsSwansNZ

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 00:45 - Sep 20 by JackoBoostardo

He's not really a Man Utd supporter, it's all part of his game.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Behind the online comments: the psychology of internet trolls on 02:20 - Sep 20 with 1121 viewsZut_Alors

"The only effective antidote to their tactics is to ignore them, but even then trolls won’t suffer a public humiliation because nobody knows who they are. This is what makes trolling so ubiquitous — it requires no skills other than the ability to be obnoxious."

I'm not sure I agree with the last point. Perhaps there is skill involved. Might the fact that DYSS, PS's resident WUM, has goaded someone into biting on a thread based on an article about internet trolls actually represent some level of skill?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024