Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 Ironman triathlon for Scope challenge. 20:41 - Sep 19 with 2401 viewsdcd14

I'm doing 2 IRONMAN events next year. IRONMAN UK & IRONMAN WALES for those who don't know it consists of a 2.4mile swim/112mile bike/26.2mile run I'm doing the events to raise money for Scope. Appreciate any donations for a great cause. Thanks in advance.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DeanDavid14

LINK above! (Forgot on initial post)
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 22:12]
IMUK on 20:49 - Sep 19 with 1530 viewsJackfath

Do you have a just giving page?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

IMUK on 20:51 - Sep 19 with 1531 viewsSgorioFruit

Well done mate and good luck.
I did the three peaks challenge this year in 24 hours and also running the Swansea bay 10k this sunday.
Hopefully one day i could be at a level of fitness to compete in an iron man.

Sounds pretty hard core i must admit.

The swim would kill me off for a start.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

IMUK on 21:01 - Sep 19 with 1520 viewsdcd14

Oops! Thanks for the heads up.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DeanDavid14
IMUK on 21:04 - Sep 19 with 1506 viewsdcd14

IMUK on 20:51 - Sep 19 by SgorioFruit

Well done mate and good luck.
I did the three peaks challenge this year in 24 hours and also running the Swansea bay 10k this sunday.
Hopefully one day i could be at a level of fitness to compete in an iron man.

Sounds pretty hard core i must admit.

The swim would kill me off for a start.

Thanks.

I'm doing the 10k also this weekend. I did the Outlaw triathlon this year which is the same distance as IMUK albeit a flat course where as this one is more hilly so a greater challenge and thought it would be good to do it for a charitable reason.

With the right training plan and enough time to do the training you could get to the fitness. I don't doubt for a second that you will do one at some point.
IMUK on 21:13 - Sep 19 with 1485 viewsJackfath

Donated. Apologies it is not much.

Pob lwc.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

IMUK on 21:14 - Sep 19 with 1487 viewsNeath_Jack

My brother done the Tenby one last weekend. He was ill for a couple of days after it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

IMUK on 21:18 - Sep 19 with 1473 viewsdickythorpe

IMUK on 21:14 - Sep 19 by Neath_Jack

My brother done the Tenby one last weekend. He was ill for a couple of days after it.

I heard many didnt complete it. Some got knocked out in the swim by being kicked accidentally of course.
Gruelling and a trial.

Good luck.
IMUK on 21:19 - Sep 19 with 1468 viewsdcd14

I'm doing both next year.

IMW is also a gruelling event, not helped by the swim conditions this year.
Login to get fewer ads

IMUK on 21:19 - Sep 19 with 1465 viewsdcd14

IMUK on 21:13 - Sep 19 by Jackfath

Donated. Apologies it is not much.

Pob lwc.

Many thanks :)
IMUK on 21:20 - Sep 19 with 1457 viewsJackfath

IMUK on 21:19 - Sep 19 by dcd14

Many thanks :)

My pleasure.

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:24 - Sep 19 with 1457 viewsdickythorpe

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:25 - Sep 19 with 1451 viewsdickythorpe

IMUK on 10:28 - Sep 20 with 1392 viewsdcd14

IMUK on 22:12 - Sep 21 with 1307 viewsSgorioFruit

IMUK on 21:04 - Sep 19 by dcd14

Thanks.

I'm doing the 10k also this weekend. I did the Outlaw triathlon this year which is the same distance as IMUK albeit a flat course where as this one is more hilly so a greater challenge and thought it would be good to do it for a charitable reason.

With the right training plan and enough time to do the training you could get to the fitness. I don't doubt for a second that you will do one at some point.

How did you get on with the 10k mate?
I done it in 50 mins.

IMUK on 08:05 - Sep 22 with 1269 viewsJackhero

IMUK on 22:12 - Sep 21 by SgorioFruit

I done it in 50 mins.

Great effort Sgorio, 10k run yesterday was a warm one for sure. I PB'ed at 49.01. Very happy seeing as 3 years ago I was over an hour doing this.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

IMUK on 19:51 - Sep 22 with 1219 viewsdcd14

IMUK on 22:12 - Sep 21 by SgorioFruit

I done it in 50 mins.

Nightmare mate; first run in months took its toll and couldn't shift a stitch of all things.

52mins, acceptable but not great.
IMUK on 21:13 - Sep 22 with 1204 viewsTheArtChappy

IMUK on 08:05 - Sep 22 by Jackhero

Great effort Sgorio, 10k run yesterday was a warm one for sure. I PB'ed at 49.01. Very happy seeing as 3 years ago I was over an hour doing this.

I was at on the line at those times watching for my brother inlaw. Well done both as it was boiling down there. I would have given you both cheers as you crossed

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

IMUK on 22:18 - Sep 22 with 1191 viewsJackhero

IMUK on 19:51 - Sep 22 by dcd14

Nightmare mate; first run in months took its toll and couldn't shift a stitch of all things.

52mins, acceptable but not great.

If I'd have run 52 mins yesterday I would have been well chuffed, after not training either that is a great time dcd14. The reason for my 49min was a cardiff fan in front of me and I was trying to not let him beat me.

IMUK on 22:53 - Sep 22 with 1182 viewsdcd14

IMUK on 22:18 - Sep 22 by Jackhero

If I'd have run 52 mins yesterday I would have been well chuffed, after not training either that is a great time dcd14. The reason for my 49min was a cardiff fan in front of me and I was trying to not let him beat me.

Ha ha good stuff!

I couldn't go any quicker.

All that went through my head during the run was "how can you do an ironman and struggle doing 10k!"
IMUK on 23:06 - Sep 22 with 1179 viewsJackhero

IMUK on 22:53 - Sep 22 by dcd14

Ha ha good stuff!

I couldn't go any quicker.

All that went through my head during the run was "how can you do an ironman and struggle doing 10k!"

The fact you are even considering the event says you know you can probably do it. You'll be fine, I'll keep an eye out for updates. Are you a member of any clubs? There's a guy at my running club just did the Ironman in Tenby, 13 hours! You should join up if you are not already a member somewhere its great. It's Run4All in Neath, loads of support advice and training sessions. Track sessions every monday at 6pm-7pm. you would be more than welcome.

IMUK on 18:43 - Sep 24 with 1114 viewsdcd14

IMUK on 23:06 - Sep 22 by Jackhero

The fact you are even considering the event says you know you can probably do it. You'll be fine, I'll keep an eye out for updates. Are you a member of any clubs? There's a guy at my running club just did the Ironman in Tenby, 13 hours! You should join up if you are not already a member somewhere its great. It's Run4All in Neath, loads of support advice and training sessions. Track sessions every monday at 6pm-7pm. you would be more than welcome.

I know I can do the distance its just a bit more challenging with the hills. Plus the 2 iron distances in 8 weeks, the biggest part is getting recovery right.

13 hours is impressive, I did 13:12 in my last IM distance tri.

I am with Celtic Tri mate and living in Llanelli its a bit far out for me but we do our running down north dock, thanks tho :)
IMUK on 18:50 - Sep 24 with 1111 viewsJackfath

Did you all get a banana when you crossed the line in the 10k?

IMUK on 19:40 - Sep 24 with 1094 viewsdcd14

IMUK on 18:50 - Sep 24 by Jackfath

Did you all get a banana when you crossed the line in the 10k?

The goody bag was quite good.

Bananas water biscuits medal and more.
IMUK on 10:31 - Sep 25 with 1069 viewsdcd14

Bump :)
IMUK on 14:32 - Sep 25 with 1041 viewsSgorioFruit

Well I have only started running two weeks ago. So I'm well happy with my time. I'm more happy with the fact that I didn't have to stop once during the run. The last 1k I sprinted and as soon as I crossed the finish line I three my guts up. Was a bloody hot slog running in that heat.
Good luck for the iron man competition mate, I couldn't do it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024