Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 Ironman triathlon for Scope challenge. 20:41 - Sep 19 with 2402 viewsdcd14

I'm doing 2 IRONMAN events next year. IRONMAN UK & IRONMAN WALES for those who don't know it consists of a 2.4mile swim/112mile bike/26.2mile run I'm doing the events to raise money for Scope. Appreciate any donations for a great cause. Thanks in advance.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DeanDavid14

LINK above! (Forgot on initial post)
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 22:12]
IMUK on 17:15 - Sep 25 with 584 viewsdcd14

IMUK on 14:32 - Sep 25 by SgorioFruit

Well I have only started running two weeks ago. So I'm well happy with my time. I'm more happy with the fact that I didn't have to stop once during the run. The last 1k I sprinted and as soon as I crossed the finish line I three my guts up. Was a bloody hot slog running in that heat.
Good luck for the iron man competition mate, I couldn't do it.

50 mins is a cracking time mate, and from experience of 10k events you'd struggle to do 50 mins without stopping and in the heat where people were constantly walking that's an achievement alone!

2 Ironman triathlon for Scope challenge. on 22:12 - Sep 27 with 553 viewsdcd14

Anyone feeling generous tonight?? :)

Thanks in advance.
2 Ironman triathlon for Scope challenge. on 18:07 - Oct 1 with 505 viewsdcd14

Many thanks to the anonymous donator who just donated me £25, wish I knew who you were to say thanks!!

I posted the above to my facebook but in case it was from here same applies :)
2 Ironman triathlon for Scope challenge. on 21:07 - Oct 1 with 495 viewsMillJack

2 Ironman triathlon for Scope challenge. on 18:07 - Oct 1 by dcd14

Many thanks to the anonymous donator who just donated me £25, wish I knew who you were to say thanks!!

I posted the above to my facebook but in case it was from here same applies :)

It was probably Jackfath, he likes to give to charity but equally doesn't like to tell people about it
2 Ironman triathlon for Scope challenge. on 18:46 - Oct 7 with 469 viewsdcd14

2 Ironman triathlon for Scope challenge. on 21:07 - Oct 1 by MillJack

It was probably Jackfath, he likes to give to charity but equally doesn't like to tell people about it

I managed to source the anonymous donator in the end!

Any donators out there this evening??

Halfway to target :)
2 Ironman triathlon for Scope challenge. on 18:55 - Oct 7 with 462 viewsJackfath

I wonder if all those people who caught the brief fad of giving to charity during the summer have given to this worthwhile charity?

No, thought not.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

IMUK on 19:23 - Oct 7 with 453 viewsLeonisGod

IMUK on 22:53 - Sep 22 by dcd14

Ha ha good stuff!

I couldn't go any quicker.

All that went through my head during the run was "how can you do an ironman and struggle doing 10k!"

That was my thought too to be honest 😁. Joking aside, I'm very envious that you've committed. I tried to psyche myself up to the IM several times, only for the training to fizzle out fairly quickly. Maybe I'll give it another go...
IMUK on 11:20 - Dec 18 with 399 viewsdcd14

IMUK on 19:23 - Oct 7 by LeonisGod

That was my thought too to be honest 😁. Joking aside, I'm very envious that you've committed. I tried to psyche myself up to the IM several times, only for the training to fizzle out fairly quickly. Maybe I'll give it another go...

You entered yet??? :)

20 Places left was the last I'd heard.....do it! Best decision you'll make!
Login to get fewer ads

IMUK on 11:29 - Dec 18 with 397 viewsLeonisGod

IMUK on 11:20 - Dec 18 by dcd14

You entered yet??? :)

20 Places left was the last I'd heard.....do it! Best decision you'll make!

Nope. And no chance I'd get sorted for this year - I'd need at least 12 months to get close to fit enough.
IMUK on 20:17 - Dec 18 with 365 viewsdcd14

IMUK on 11:29 - Dec 18 by LeonisGod

Nope. And no chance I'd get sorted for this year - I'd need at least 12 months to get close to fit enough.

Fair enough, down to 5 places I believe.

9 months is plenty of time mate ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024