Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biased ref 13:22 - Sep 21 with 1849 viewsChief

just seen the highlights and it confirmed what I saw during the game yesterday. yes, Bony was silly, but the 1st booking was soft the ref could easily have just given him a talking to for it.

On that basis, if players are getting booked for that, Fonte should have been sent off 3 times over. how he stayed on for the mad challenge on Routledge was laughable.

These decisions ultimately cost us the match, had it been 10v10 we'd have won comfortably I feel.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Biased ref on 14:12 - Sep 21 with 1782 viewsraynor94

You really are living in a dream world if you think the first yellow was soft, he cleaned him out whilst he was in the air, and fonte won the ball first for his booking

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Biased ref on 14:24 - Sep 21 with 1739 viewsShaky

Biased ref on 14:12 - Sep 21 by raynor94

You really are living in a dream world if you think the first yellow was soft, he cleaned him out whilst he was in the air, and fonte won the ball first for his booking

raynor94 -- the voice of reason.

Who'ed have thunk it?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Biased ref on 14:30 - Sep 21 with 1722 viewsraynor94

Biased ref on 14:24 - Sep 21 by Shaky

raynor94 -- the voice of reason.

Who'ed have thunk it?

Always call it as I see it bony cost us the game full stop

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Biased ref on 14:31 - Sep 21 with 1719 viewsGiff

After they had made 3 subs perhaps one of our players should have taken a booking and taken one of their players out. Though ref would probably have given us another red.
Biased ref on 14:35 - Sep 21 with 1705 viewsorion3016

Biased ref on 14:30 - Sep 21 by raynor94

That's spot on
I thought the 1st card was harsh until I watched it on motd and it's fair

Be over there now after

Biased ref on 14:44 - Sep 21 with 1676 viewsBonjour

Haha. Both yellows were as blatant as you can get. You get sin binned in rugby for what bony did for his first yellow ffs!
Biased ref on 18:14 - Sep 22 with 1475 viewsBillyChong

Correct. No consistency at all from Moss.
Biased ref on 18:22 - Sep 22 with 1456 viewsLeonisGod

Personally, when i saw the replay in the concourse at half time I could see why the first yellow was given. Had Bony left the ground to challenge for the ball it would have been harsh. But he basically just took the man out.

Agreed about Fonte though. His sliding challenge on Routs was the definition of reckless.
Login to get fewer ads

Biased ref on 19:46 - Sep 22 with 1314 viewsgiantstoneater

Why wasn't the player who kicked Fernandez in the head not booked dangerous play, he was late and the ball had gone!
Biased ref on 20:17 - Sep 22 with 1275 viewsCatullus

Biased ref on 14:12 - Sep 21 by raynor94

But there's your mistake. Under the new interpretation of the rules, a player has to consider the outcome of his tackle. He is also not allowed to use excessive force or act violently.
These days it doesn't matter if you win the ball first. If the ref considers you were reckless, dangerous or violent he can still book you or send you off.
That's why the attempt at tackling Routledge was a booking and the ref (pundits too) called it wrong. If Routs hadn't got out of the way, he would have got hurt.
It was in one of Graham Polls columns last season. The problem is, all refs (and pundits) seem to see it differently!!
Take the Leicester game, Vardy's push on Rafael was a foul but not given. Then Rafael hardly touches Vardy and it's a penalty. The refs themselves call it differently in very similar situations.
Or to put it another way, they are inconsistent!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Biased ref on 20:23 - Sep 22 with 1255 viewsRancid

Are we still moaning about the ref?
Biased ref on 21:44 - Sep 22 with 1137 viewsjacksinceever

I love Bony and I'm as biased as the next guy (and he was really biased) but Bony charged into him like a buffalo charging a wasp. No intention of playing the ball at all. Stupid challenge, which he then compounded with a reckless challenge soon after.
Trust he'll simmer down a bit before his next game
Biased ref on 22:24 - Sep 22 with 1091 viewsScoobyWho

Biased ref on 14:30 - Sep 21 by raynor94

Yes, but the OP is comparing the tackles of a Bony and the Southampton player, and they are right. Both should have gone.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Biased ref on 13:03 - Sep 23 with 898 viewssully49

Biased ref on 20:17 - Sep 22 by Catullus

But there's your mistake. Under the new interpretation of the rules, a player has to consider the outcome of his tackle. He is also not allowed to use excessive force or act violently.
These days it doesn't matter if you win the ball first. If the ref considers you were reckless, dangerous or violent he can still book you or send you off.
That's why the attempt at tackling Routledge was a booking and the ref (pundits too) called it wrong. If Routs hadn't got out of the way, he would have got hurt.
It was in one of Graham Polls columns last season. The problem is, all refs (and pundits) seem to see it differently!!
Take the Leicester game, Vardy's push on Rafael was a foul but not given. Then Rafael hardly touches Vardy and it's a penalty. The refs themselves call it differently in very similar situations.
Or to put it another way, they are inconsistent!!

The laws of game states that a player fouls or attempt to foul, an opponent. It's irrelevant if the player get's out of the way of a foul, it's still a foul.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Biased ref on 16:03 - Sep 23 with 784 viewsScoobyWho

But is it a foul that warranted a booking ?
Answer is no.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Biased ref on 16:07 - Sep 23 with 778 viewsShaky

Biased ref on 22:24 - Sep 22 by ScoobyWho

Yes, but the OP is comparing the tackles of a Bony and the Southampton player, and they are right. Both should have gone.

The point is that the incident Fonte was actually booked for wasn't even a free kick, so if justice had prevailed he would still have been on the pitch even in the debatable case that the non-contact sliding tackle was adjudged to have been a booking.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024