Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend 16:01 - Sep 21 with 4898 viewsGroo

Cardiff Dream team: Russell Slade and Kevin Nugent

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/russell-slade-cardiff-

Groo does what Groo does best

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 10:54 - Sep 22 with 809 viewsjacksinceever

Crazy that the O's owner views him as possibly not good enough for them, yet Tantastic thinks he's what's needed to get the sleeping giant that is Cardiff City back where they belong!
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 11:40 - Sep 22 with 785 viewsScoobyDoo

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 10:42 - Sep 22 by Brynmill_Jack

You sound like you're about to burst into tears . Sniff sniff

Well it wouldn't be anything humorous you said Bryn?
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 12:10 - Sep 22 with 763 viewsjacksinceever

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 11:40 - Sep 22 by ScoobyDoo

Well it wouldn't be anything humorous you said Bryn?

Putting all rivalry aside, Cardiff fans need to unite and get this clown out, before he drags you down to the mire of the fourth tier or lower.
He's a puppet master of the worst order that is not needed and should not be welcomed at any football club
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:10 - Sep 22 with 698 viewsScoobyDoo

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 12:10 - Sep 22 by jacksinceever

Putting all rivalry aside, Cardiff fans need to unite and get this clown out, before he drags you down to the mire of the fourth tier or lower.
He's a puppet master of the worst order that is not needed and should not be welcomed at any football club

How do you suggest we do it. buy him out?
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:15 - Sep 22 with 690 viewsScoobyWho

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:10 - Sep 22 by ScoobyDoo

Apparently your going to do it the Swansea Way now.
Which take it from me will take longer than a week !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:16 - Sep 22 with 688 viewswaynekerr55

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 20:37 - Sep 21 by ScoobyDoo

Don't rise to them Reddy, don't have to justify anything to any of these jerks.

Play nice now Scooby

No need to be nasty

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:17 - Sep 22 with 687 viewsScoobyWho

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:10 - Sep 22 by ScoobyDoo

Mind you false Scooby, your clubs fans have had chance after chance over ten years to get your club back in shape, and every time you failed because of the arrogance that you are better than everyone around you, when clearly you are not !

Comedy Gold, every week.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:36 - Sep 22 with 668 viewsScoobyDoo

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:17 - Sep 22 by ScoobyWho

Mind you false Scooby, your clubs fans have had chance after chance over ten years to get your club back in shape, and every time you failed because of the arrogance that you are better than everyone around you, when clearly you are not !

Comedy Gold, every week.

Me false? Coming from someone that can't string two words of sense together, well sort of baffles me!
Login to get fewer ads

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:46 - Sep 22 with 653 viewsLeonisGod

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 18:58 - Sep 21 by reddythered

It's an interesting one. Typical fan above League One level would go the "Tan wants a puppet/who is this guy/not a big name" route.

More I look at it, it's an intriguing option. Plays decent football. Done a good job with no money. Not afraid to promote youth players as required.

As it's been stated we will have financial issues if we don't go back up, Slade could theoretically cover both scenarios. If we need to firesell players next season,we'll need to backfill with cheap players / youths.

We've a decent Academy setup yet young players haven't really had a lookin under recent managers.

Slade is a name I'd not be rushing to get a pitchfork ready for the inevitable lynch mob. Kevin Cooper would be another interesting option if we did want to go the youth route, did a cracking job with the DVP.

As people here have stated, the problem is many want "name" managers. I'd rather have the right manager.

EDIT: Looking at his record, it's not bad at all given the situations he's been in. Wondering if he's one of those managers who are pretty good yet never get given a chance above League One as they aren't the name managers boards and fans generally seem to love.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Slade
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 19:00]

He's an interesting option Reddy. Those laughing are undoubtedly doing so through ignorance as there's nothing in his CV to suggest that he couldn't make a step up. We've been written off enough times to know that it doesn't matter how well-known someone is, it's far more important that they are a good fit for the role. Now I don't know whether he is or not, but I'd certainly keep an open mind on him. One thing's for sure - a big name manager looks like a long shot given Tan's reputation and the fact you are now down in the Championship. The time to get a big-named, experienced manager was last season, not this one (and even then, there's no guarantee they work out - see Fulham). You've done it the wrong way round really - this was the season to bring in someone like Ole.
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:51 - Sep 22 with 652 viewsScoobyWho

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:36 - Sep 22 by ScoobyDoo

Me false? Coming from someone that can't string two words of sense together, well sort of baffles me!

Two words ?
Red or blue ?

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:55 - Sep 22 with 648 viewsScoobyDoo

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:51 - Sep 22 by ScoobyWho

Two words ?
Red or blue ?

That's three stupid!
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:58 - Sep 22 with 646 viewsScoobyWho

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:55 - Sep 22 by ScoobyDoo

That's three stupid!

You keeping point scoring in your traditional daft manner while your club burns.
It wont help, but at least it keeps your countries premier club side amused.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:02 - Sep 22 with 640 viewsScoobyDoo

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 14:58 - Sep 22 by ScoobyWho

You keeping point scoring in your traditional daft manner while your club burns.
It wont help, but at least it keeps your countries premier club side amused.

Your stupidity will always amuse me.
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:04 - Sep 22 with 634 viewsScoobyWho

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:02 - Sep 22 by ScoobyDoo

Your stupidity will always amuse me.

A generic insult like that with no foundation just adds to the extra ingredient you always bring to Planet Swans.

Don't every go away sunshine, your pure lunacy will be missed.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:07 - Sep 22 with 632 viewsScoobyDoo

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:04 - Sep 22 by ScoobyWho

A generic insult like that with no foundation just adds to the extra ingredient you always bring to Planet Swans.

Don't every go away sunshine, your pure lunacy will be missed.

'Don't every go away', i think i have you rattled butt. Looks like the lunatics are ruling the Asylum.
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:12 - Sep 22 with 594 viewsScoobyWho

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:07 - Sep 22 by ScoobyDoo

'Don't every go away', i think i have you rattled butt. Looks like the lunatics are ruling the Asylum.

Point scoring lunacy.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:14 - Sep 22 with 592 viewsScoobyDoo

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:12 - Sep 22 by ScoobyWho

Point scoring lunacy.

Took your time on that reply, double checked it did you?
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:57 - Sep 22 with 560 viewsjacksinceever

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:14 - Sep 22 by ScoobyDoo

Took your time on that reply, double checked it did you?

I do not claim to have the answer to your problems, however having seen Swansea taken to the wire too many times, believe it not I would hate to see it happen to any club - including Cardiiff.
The solution has to found amongst those who support the club forming a trust like we have and then get the backing of rich business men who actually care about your club.
You're knocking me when I was offering support to a club which is on a downward spiral.
How you solve it is frankly up to the CCFC supporters to figure out
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:07 - Sep 22 with 549 viewsScoobyDoo

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:57 - Sep 22 by jacksinceever

I do not claim to have the answer to your problems, however having seen Swansea taken to the wire too many times, believe it not I would hate to see it happen to any club - including Cardiiff.
The solution has to found amongst those who support the club forming a trust like we have and then get the backing of rich business men who actually care about your club.
You're knocking me when I was offering support to a club which is on a downward spiral.

Mate the situations were totally different when your Trust and local businessmen took over your club, i mean financial differences.

We have a Trust and local businessmen on the board but not the financial muscle to buy out Tan. Not having a dig but we have not got as low as you did yet, not saying it won't happen and sincerely hope it doesn't, who knows what will happen.

It is way above the supporters, whatever happens we will still be here, agreed fewer numbers but the diehard fans will, same as Pompey.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 16:09]
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:11 - Sep 22 with 542 viewsScoobyWho

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 15:57 - Sep 22 by jacksinceever

That may take longer than they have left.

Should have done this some years ago, but they were intimidated by Anus Abraknob and his dreamland thugs who were in Tans pocket waving Malaysian flags, laughable if it wasn't so pathetically obvious.

Cardiff City have been destroyed by egos and lack of intelligence, be that of the owners or fans.
It was always going to end up rotten to the core. They couldn't see Hammam conning them and they don't see it now. They have no hope at all.

They should hang their heads in shame, but they wont due to the untold and sheer arrogance of them as a collective group of so called fans. But if they look back on their recent history they will see it was the fans who failed the club thru complete stupidity, as is displayed on here by Scooby Doo, and they have no one but themselves to blame.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:18 - Sep 22 with 524 viewsjacksinceever

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:07 - Sep 22 by ScoobyDoo

Mate the situations were totally different when your Trust and local businessmen took over your club, i mean financial differences.

We have a Trust and local businessmen on the board but not the financial muscle to buy out Tan. Not having a dig but we have not got as low as you did yet, not saying it won't happen and sincerely hope it doesn't, who knows what will happen.

It is way above the supporters, whatever happens we will still be here, agreed fewer numbers but the diehard fans will, same as Pompey.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 16:09]

TBH in situations like yours, Hull and other clubs where the owners are money rich but morally bankrupt, the FA, Football League and Premier League management should step in and help get rid of these unscrupulous egotistical morons who buy clubs like we buy properties on a Monopoly board. To many of them them it is just of much a game and they take the dice and go home if we don't all play to their tune.
We are so blessed to be in the situation we are in now, thanks to the trust, our fans and the businessmen who saved our club
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 16:20]
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:19 - Sep 22 with 523 viewsScoobyDoo

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:11 - Sep 22 by ScoobyWho

Should have done this some years ago, but they were intimidated by Anus Abraknob and his dreamland thugs who were in Tans pocket waving Malaysian flags, laughable if it wasn't so pathetically obvious.

Cardiff City have been destroyed by egos and lack of intelligence, be that of the owners or fans.
It was always going to end up rotten to the core. They couldn't see Hammam conning them and they don't see it now. They have no hope at all.

They should hang their heads in shame, but they wont due to the untold and sheer arrogance of them as a collective group of so called fans. But if they look back on their recent history they will see it was the fans who failed the club thru complete stupidity, as is displayed on here by Scooby Doo, and they have no one but themselves to blame.

Lack of intelligence? Talk about pot kettle black. Thought i'd seen you off as well.
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:22 - Sep 22 with 519 viewsScoobyDoo

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:18 - Sep 22 by jacksinceever

TBH in situations like yours, Hull and other clubs where the owners are money rich but morally bankrupt, the FA, Football League and Premier League management should step in and help get rid of these unscrupulous egotistical morons who buy clubs like we buy properties on a Monopoly board. To many of them them it is just of much a game and they take the dice and go home if we don't all play to their tune.
We are so blessed to be in the situation we are in now, thanks to the trust, our fans and the businessmen who saved our club
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 16:20]

Yes i agree with you but he has done some decent things for the club but as you say his biggest problem is his ego.
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:23 - Sep 22 with 512 viewswestx

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:11 - Sep 22 by ScoobyWho

You have highlighted the problem. When Tan came into Cardiff it was obvious who he needed to get on side and that was Anis. If someone tells him a good story then he believes it and then assembles his troops to intimidate people who don#'t. Remember Gwyn basically accusing people who wanted Tan out of not being fans and the problems in the stands of anyone who wanted to wear blue at the time? Sorry Cardiff guys you reap what you sow and when you let these people tell you what they have been told to tell you is best for the club then you will always be in the mire.

From Sam H right the way through they have taken the freebies on offer and banged the drum but when it comes to making the change it is always 'too late' That was your doing not ours

Oh and by the way you have already sunk lower than we ever did - take a look at your bank balance to tell you that!

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:34 - Sep 22 with 498 viewsScoobyDoo

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:23 - Sep 22 by westx

You have highlighted the problem. When Tan came into Cardiff it was obvious who he needed to get on side and that was Anis. If someone tells him a good story then he believes it and then assembles his troops to intimidate people who don#'t. Remember Gwyn basically accusing people who wanted Tan out of not being fans and the problems in the stands of anyone who wanted to wear blue at the time? Sorry Cardiff guys you reap what you sow and when you let these people tell you what they have been told to tell you is best for the club then you will always be in the mire.

From Sam H right the way through they have taken the freebies on offer and banged the drum but when it comes to making the change it is always 'too late' That was your doing not ours

Oh and by the way you have already sunk lower than we ever did - take a look at your bank balance to tell you that!

Well part of what you say is true, some fans (not Annis) were vocal about the blue brigade and disrupted a meeting in Cardiff but they have never told anyone what the could and could not wear, the majority of fans have always wore blue.

I struggle to understand the freebies? What is a freebie? I can assure you i have always paid my way.

No we haven't sunk as low as you yet, can't ever remember our fans outside the Vetch or the Library with plastic buckets! Give it time though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024