Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend 16:01 - Sep 21 with 4901 viewsGroo

Cardiff Dream team: Russell Slade and Kevin Nugent

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/russell-slade-cardiff-

Groo does what Groo does best

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:04 - Sep 21 with 2770 viewsperchrockjack

NOPE not yet worked groo and make sure you got a good warm coat for winter there

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:04 - Sep 21 with 2756 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm sure Cardiff fans were equally amused when news broke we were going to appoint Monk.

Let's wait until Slade proves to be a failure at Cardiff before we laugh.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:07 - Sep 21 with 2754 viewsC_jack

Great forward planning that.

They'll bounce straight back up from League One

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:10 - Sep 21 with 2744 viewsGroo

Slade has a great record working with no money and a good man manager, he could do well for them if appointed.

The point is they are supposed to be after an up and coming manager and most of their fans expect them to have someone with a big name.

Groo does what Groo does best

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:14 - Sep 21 with 2728 viewsmonmouth

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes

Please

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:48 - Sep 21 with 2649 viewsSweyns_Eye

I think he might be a good appointment. I'm surprised he's never been given an opportunity in the Championship before, if you look at his record he's done well with a meagre (often zero) transfer budget. He's well regarded by the fans at Orient and seems to get his players busting a gut for him. He's managed to get a few shock scalps amongst 'bigger' sides in cup runs hasn't he?

What might count against him is that a lot of Cardiff fans don't rate him and he needs to get them on side. This would come with some good early results but if not they could be on his back from early on.

If Cardiff don't get promoted this season their budget will be drastically cut unless Tan continues to pump money in and I doubt he'd have the stomach for this. I reckon Slades record for picking out decent players from the cast offs from other clubs is an attraction for Tan, meaning he can sell what he can and get some of his money back. Truth is, he must be regretting the day he ever met Ridsdale.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:57 - Sep 21 with 2608 viewsmonmouth

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:48 - Sep 21 by Sweyns_Eye

I think he might be a good appointment. I'm surprised he's never been given an opportunity in the Championship before, if you look at his record he's done well with a meagre (often zero) transfer budget. He's well regarded by the fans at Orient and seems to get his players busting a gut for him. He's managed to get a few shock scalps amongst 'bigger' sides in cup runs hasn't he?

What might count against him is that a lot of Cardiff fans don't rate him and he needs to get them on side. This would come with some good early results but if not they could be on his back from early on.

If Cardiff don't get promoted this season their budget will be drastically cut unless Tan continues to pump money in and I doubt he'd have the stomach for this. I reckon Slades record for picking out decent players from the cast offs from other clubs is an attraction for Tan, meaning he can sell what he can and get some of his money back. Truth is, he must be regretting the day he ever met Ridsdale.

He was garbage at Yeovil wasn't he? Or am I thinking of someone else? I think Tan has already stopped spending, that's why they are looking at Slade. I think he'll be a great appointment too...might get them to mid table.

If they make this appointment I really think Tan's given up and will be extracting the parachute payments and asset sales as fast as he can trouser them. This would also explain the rejections they've had...even from "Mr Cardiff" who 'wants to get into management'.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 18:07 - Sep 21 with 2451 viewsheadcleaner

The humour in appointing slade is that the deluded Cardiff fans thought pulis, hoddle or de mateo or someone bigger yet the reality was/is they aren't the big catch they think they are and the reality is they are no more attractive than Brentford or huddersfield atm.
Login to get fewer ads

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 18:22 - Sep 21 with 2416 viewsmonmouth

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 18:07 - Sep 21 by headcleaner

The humour in appointing slade is that the deluded Cardiff fans thought pulis, hoddle or de mateo or someone bigger yet the reality was/is they aren't the big catch they think they are and the reality is they are no more attractive than Brentford or huddersfield atm.

They're far less of an attraction. The others don't have nutters running them. Nope, the more I think about it, the more OGS looks like Tan's final throw of the dice up there and it's now the beginning of his endgame, whatever that turns out to be.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 18:27 - Sep 21 with 2401 viewsjack247

Whether Slade is a success or not isn't really the point at the moment. They still think they are a big club and can attract Pulis etc.

If they end up appointing Leyton Orients manager after getting turned down by Dundees, that will be sweet enough
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 18:36 - Sep 21 with 2377 viewsVetchitBack

Im surprised that club occupy so many Swans fans' thoughts.

Though I suppose its in a "light-hearted story at the end of the news" way these days. Like the waterskiing rodent in Anchorman.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 18:58 - Sep 21 with 2342 viewsreddythered

It's an interesting one. Typical fan above League One level would go the "Tan wants a puppet/who is this guy/not a big name" route.

More I look at it, it's an intriguing option. Plays decent football. Done a good job with no money. Not afraid to promote youth players as required.

As it's been stated we will have financial issues if we don't go back up, Slade could theoretically cover both scenarios. If we need to firesell players next season,we'll need to backfill with cheap players / youths.

We've a decent Academy setup yet young players haven't really had a lookin under recent managers.

Slade is a name I'd not be rushing to get a pitchfork ready for the inevitable lynch mob. Kevin Cooper would be another interesting option if we did want to go the youth route, did a cracking job with the DVP.

As people here have stated, the problem is many want "name" managers. I'd rather have the right manager.

EDIT: Looking at his record, it's not bad at all given the situations he's been in. Wondering if he's one of those managers who are pretty good yet never get given a chance above League One as they aren't the name managers boards and fans generally seem to love.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Slade
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 19:00]

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:01 - Sep 21 with 2329 viewswestx

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 18:58 - Sep 21 by reddythered

It's an interesting one. Typical fan above League One level would go the "Tan wants a puppet/who is this guy/not a big name" route.

More I look at it, it's an intriguing option. Plays decent football. Done a good job with no money. Not afraid to promote youth players as required.

As it's been stated we will have financial issues if we don't go back up, Slade could theoretically cover both scenarios. If we need to firesell players next season,we'll need to backfill with cheap players / youths.

We've a decent Academy setup yet young players haven't really had a lookin under recent managers.

Slade is a name I'd not be rushing to get a pitchfork ready for the inevitable lynch mob. Kevin Cooper would be another interesting option if we did want to go the youth route, did a cracking job with the DVP.

As people here have stated, the problem is many want "name" managers. I'd rather have the right manager.

EDIT: Looking at his record, it's not bad at all given the situations he's been in. Wondering if he's one of those managers who are pretty good yet never get given a chance above League One as they aren't the name managers boards and fans generally seem to love.

Is there anything you don't fawn over. How long until you are told that you have to turn on him like you do every other manager?

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:02 - Sep 21 with 2319 viewsreddythered

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:01 - Sep 21 by westx

Is there anything you don't fawn over. How long until you are told that you have to turn on him like you do every other manager?

Hardly fawning. Keeping an open mind.

Can you tell me where I turned on Ole by the way?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:03 - Sep 21 with 2317 viewswestx

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:02 - Sep 21 by reddythered

Hardly fawning. Keeping an open mind.

Can you tell me where I turned on Ole by the way?

Don't be so personal I was referring to 'you' as the collective Cardiff support

Generically you are all as thick as each other - you probably learn from your "fans leaders"

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:07 - Sep 21 with 2305 viewsreddythered

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:03 - Sep 21 by westx

Don't be so personal I was referring to 'you' as the collective Cardiff support

Generically you are all as thick as each other - you probably learn from your "fans leaders"

Generically?

I'm hurt. Thought I'd proven over the years I'm an outlier in that regard.

Would ragequit the forum in protest but I'm too nice.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:33 - Sep 21 with 2237 viewsmonmouth

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 18:58 - Sep 21 by reddythered

Who wrote that wiki entry? Russell Slade? The man's a colossus mun; nothing but success. Solid gold manager...really shocked he's not waiting for the noocastle job.

Problem is Reddy, if he was really any good, he'd turn you down wouldn't he? Like the others.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:40 - Sep 21 with 2214 viewsTrundle10

If the appoint Slade does the mean they will no 1 at Christmas?

Ill get my coat!
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:51 - Sep 21 with 2190 viewsreddythered

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:33 - Sep 21 by monmouth

Who wrote that wiki entry? Russell Slade? The man's a colossus mun; nothing but success. Solid gold manager...really shocked he's not waiting for the noocastle job.

Problem is Reddy, if he was really any good, he'd turn you down wouldn't he? Like the others.

Plebs edit wiki. Well aware it's hardly accurate. His work certainly seems to have involved clubs without a pot to p*** in; it would also seem he can get teams performing beyond their ability.

Wasn't aware we'd actually approached anybody so not quite sure how we've been turned down.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 20:22 - Sep 21 with 2132 viewsmonmouth

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:51 - Sep 21 by reddythered

Plebs edit wiki. Well aware it's hardly accurate. His work certainly seems to have involved clubs without a pot to p*** in; it would also seem he can get teams performing beyond their ability.

Wasn't aware we'd actually approached anybody so not quite sure how we've been turned down.

Don't watch it closely but you mean that the Dundee guy and Bellend actually said no without even being approached?? That's a bit random, and somewhat scary. Some nobody sitting in the arse end of Dundee (and I've been there, it makes Newport look like Bath) says "feck me, if they ask, I'm not going to Cardiff"...

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 20:29 - Sep 21 with 2110 viewsreddythered

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 20:22 - Sep 21 by monmouth

Don't watch it closely but you mean that the Dundee guy and Bellend actually said no without even being approached?? That's a bit random, and somewhat scary. Some nobody sitting in the arse end of Dundee (and I've been there, it makes Newport look like Bath) says "feck me, if they ask, I'm not going to Cardiff"...

Dundee statement re Hartley.

“Regarding the recent speculation and reports out of England, the club would like to confirm that manager Paul Hartley has long-term plans to stay at Dundee Football Club,” read the statement.

“Paul is committed to the club and is looking forward and focused on the upcoming derby matches this week.

“As a club, we are not surprised that speculation linking Paul to other clubs has come up due to the fantastic job he continues to do at Dens Park.

“The club and Paul see the solid foundation which has already been put in place as the beginning of a long-term plan which will see Paul at the helm of the club for years to come.”

Refer numerous times to "speculation".

As for Bellamy...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29259956

He was asked a hypothetical which he answered.

Let's be blunt, all the talk of managers is media speculation often based off message board rumours. We've not been turned down by managers because, afaik we've not approached anybody.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 20:32 - Sep 21 with 2097 viewsJethroJack

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 16:04 - Sep 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm sure Cardiff fans were equally amused when news broke we were going to appoint Monk.

Let's wait until Slade proves to be a failure at Cardiff before we laugh.

You and your fellow Redturds aren't chuckling now though, eh
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 20:37 - Sep 21 with 2084 viewsScoobyDoo

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 19:51 - Sep 21 by reddythered

Don't rise to them Reddy, don't have to justify anything to any of these jerks.
Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 20:38 - Sep 21 with 2081 viewsmonmouth

Fair play Reddy, you really think that random speculation would have come up with the single name of Paul Hartley?? No one's ever heard of him outside Jocko. The BBC article precedes that Dundee statement with:

"The Welsh club contacted Dundee to speak to Hartley, 37, about replacing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who stepped down as manager after nine months in charge"

Still, if they've approached no one I guess that Dumb and Dumber are in pole position? Best of luck with that one, or Slade, or anyone really I suppose.

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 10:42 - Sep 22 with 1844 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Something to cheer us up on a down weekend on 20:37 - Sep 21 by ScoobyDoo

Don't rise to them Reddy, don't have to justify anything to any of these jerks.

You sound like you're about to burst into tears . Sniff sniff

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024