Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Investment 19:14 - Sep 21 with 3954 viewswestx

There was a thread on here a couple of weeks back about investment but I cant find it now.

I still think that we are ripe for investment/takeover at the moment and it worries me that faced with say a bid of £75m that some of our board/shareholders would be tempted to sell thus leaving us exposed to a new owner

However there is also a thought that tells me without future investment we would go no further than we are now which may be enough to keep us happy but does that apply to everyone (for example would someone who jumped behind us when we reached the EPL believe we should get investment)

How do the trust feel about future investment? Would they sell or would they block the move and risk being accused of holding back the club potentially as well?

I would be convinced the longer we stay here the more chance there is of people coming in and making and offer and our landscape will completely change?

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Investment on 19:16 - Sep 21 with 2499 viewsJackfath

I'd rather see us get relegated than sell up to someone like, for example, Mr Tan.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Investment on 19:17 - Sep 21 with 2509 viewsdickythorpe

Could you tell me exactly how we are ripe for a takeover please?
Investment on 19:18 - Sep 21 with 2504 viewsNeath_Jack

Investment on 19:16 - Sep 21 by Jackfath

I'd rather see us get relegated than sell up to someone like, for example, Mr Tan.

Not even to a bloke half as bad as Tan. That big sap up at Nooooocastle would be bad enough.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Investment on 19:19 - Sep 21 with 2494 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If you are seriously concerned about The Trust selling their shares to an outside investor you clearly have little knowledge regarding Swansea City and makes your foul mouthed tirade at me earlier regarding having no interest in Swansea City look rather hilarious.

#HypocricyIsRife

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Investment on 19:20 - Sep 21 with 2494 viewswestx

Investment on 19:17 - Sep 21 by dickythorpe

Could you tell me exactly how we are ripe for a takeover please?

A football club with a massive turnover, stabilised financially (next to nil debt) and run in the right way. And a club that is starting to become part of the furniture in the Premier League. That makes for an attractive proposition IMO

Investment on 19:21 - Sep 21 with 2487 viewsdickythorpe

Investment on 19:20 - Sep 21 by westx

A football club with a massive turnover, stabilised financially (next to nil debt) and run in the right way. And a club that is starting to become part of the furniture in the Premier League. That makes for an attractive proposition IMO

I need figures.
Investment on 19:22 - Sep 21 with 2475 viewswestx

Investment on 19:19 - Sep 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If you are seriously concerned about The Trust selling their shares to an outside investor you clearly have little knowledge regarding Swansea City and makes your foul mouthed tirade at me earlier regarding having no interest in Swansea City look rather hilarious.

#HypocricyIsRife

Go on then explain why that gives me little knowledge. Please explain why the Trust would not sell if faced with say £20m to stick in a bank account for any future problem.

Do they have to sell? No. If the other 80% sold will they have any input? Yes but no voting power and maybe a seat on the board would be the final sweetener.

However nice attempt to try and derail a grown up thread, another reason why you shouldn't be here

Investment on 19:23 - Sep 21 with 2472 viewswestx

Investment on 19:21 - Sep 21 by dickythorpe

I need figures.

You'll need to look elsewhere as I'm not privvy to those kind of figures although the last few accounts have shown a healthy profit from memory?

Login to get fewer ads

Investment on 19:25 - Sep 21 with 2457 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Investment on 19:22 - Sep 21 by westx

Go on then explain why that gives me little knowledge. Please explain why the Trust would not sell if faced with say £20m to stick in a bank account for any future problem.

Do they have to sell? No. If the other 80% sold will they have any input? Yes but no voting power and maybe a seat on the board would be the final sweetener.

However nice attempt to try and derail a grown up thread, another reason why you shouldn't be here

The Trust exists solely to protect us from people like that.

What sense is there in selling to them so that we have money to partially pick up the pieces of any mess they leave behind?

What awful logic.

Investment on 19:25 - Sep 21 with 2444 viewsJackfath

Investment on 19:23 - Sep 21 by westx

You'll need to look elsewhere as I'm not privvy to those kind of figures although the last few accounts have shown a healthy profit from memory?

I am assuming you are keen for an external investment.

Why?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Investment on 19:28 - Sep 21 with 2450 viewswestx

Investment on 19:25 - Sep 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The Trust exists solely to protect us from people like that.

What sense is there in selling to them so that we have money to partially pick up the pieces of any mess they leave behind?

What awful logic.

So flawed I don't really know where to begin.

The Trust exists to retain professional football in Swansea. Especially if it appeared on the face of it that the investment was absolutely right for the football club then the right thing to do could be to sell

If you need the logic explained Rhys then clearly it is too much for you to be on this thread debating it with the adults

Investment on 19:29 - Sep 21 with 2446 viewswestx

Investment on 19:25 - Sep 21 by Jackfath

I am assuming you are keen for an external investment.

Why?

Not at all troll 2 I just have an open mind to the discussion and was hoping that we could get a debate going about it

But with you and DYSS on here there is little chance of that happening

Time to look for the ignore button

Investment on 19:29 - Sep 21 with 2446 viewsdickythorpe

Investment on 19:23 - Sep 21 by westx

I appreciate you are a Swansea fan. But you must have statistical evidence to back up your line of "we are ripe for a takeover "

I think we need to be very happy where we are as a club "on and off" the field. I don't want some "Tan" or "Ashley" running my club despite their vast fortunes.

Why risk all the good work so far for some extra millions from businessmen with no feeling for our club or city?

It isn't a cast iron guarantee for instant success or longevity.

Just look at Forest, Leeds, Blackburn, Crapdiff......
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 19:30]
Investment on 19:33 - Sep 21 with 2424 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Investment on 19:28 - Sep 21 by westx

So flawed I don't really know where to begin.

The Trust exists to retain professional football in Swansea. Especially if it appeared on the face of it that the investment was absolutely right for the football club then the right thing to do could be to sell

If you need the logic explained Rhys then clearly it is too much for you to be on this thread debating it with the adults

Oh look, you used my forename, how impressive.

I bet you and your online friends giggle like young girls when PM'ing each other information about me.

Now I know you're of that group I'll treat you accordingly. Have a nice evening.

Investment on 19:34 - Sep 21 with 2406 viewsJackfath

Investment on 19:33 - Sep 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I bet you and your online friends giggle like young girls when PM'ing each other information about me.

Now I know you're of that group I'll treat you accordingly. Have a nice evening.

Put HIM on ignore Dwight. You know, like the grown ups do.

Investment on 19:34 - Sep 21 with 2421 viewswestx

Investment on 19:33 - Sep 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't PM anyone information about you nor giggle like a girl

And clearly you cannot debate like an adult so probably best you decide to ignore me and leave what could have been a decent discussion to the grown ups eh?

Investment on 19:36 - Sep 21 with 2397 viewsJackfath

Investment on 19:34 - Sep 21 by westx

I don't PM anyone information about you nor giggle like a girl

And clearly you cannot debate like an adult so probably best you decide to ignore me and leave what could have been a decent discussion to the grown ups eh?

I asked you a decent question, yet you chose to debate with the person you want banned from the site.

Odd.

Investment on 19:36 - Sep 21 with 2406 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Investment on 19:34 - Sep 21 by Jackfath

Put HIM on ignore Dwight. You know, like the grown ups do.

Maybe I'll make a thread pretending to put a few people on ignore so people will post and feed my starving ego.

Investment on 19:38 - Sep 21 with 2399 viewsdickythorpe

Maybe Huw Jenkins should go on Dragons Den?
Investment on 20:06 - Sep 21 with 2348 viewsfelixstowe_jack

£75m is far too low. We have £25m in the Bank, a third share of the Stadium., a training ground and an Academy complex. Four years of premier league money which even in the remote possibility of relegation is worth £100M. Players worth £150m to £200M based on 25 squad players worth on average £6 to £8. Any offer under £300 is a steal.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Investment on 20:08 - Sep 21 with 2338 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Investment on 20:06 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

£75m is far too low. We have £25m in the Bank, a third share of the Stadium., a training ground and an Academy complex. Four years of premier league money which even in the remote possibility of relegation is worth £100M. Players worth £150m to £200M based on 25 squad players worth on average £6 to £8. Any offer under £300 is a steal.

It's all well and good putting the training ground and stadium as assets but who's going to buy them from us?

And if you think we have £150m worth of players you're drunk.

Investment on 20:11 - Sep 21 with 2334 viewsPhil_S

Investment on 20:06 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

I've got a feeling that you may get quite a lot of disagreement to that post particularly around the third of the stadium (that we don't own anything of) and the average value of each player of £6m to £8m which I think is a massive overstatement.

The subject of any future investment is an interesting one and one I think I covered in the book somewhere (no that's not a plug) but the reality is the Trust have a mandate to get as many shares as possible but if there was an offer the members may change that mandate depending on the ins and outs of the offer.

I'm not sure I agree with the statement we are 'ripe' for investment but as a Premier League club we are certainly an attractive proposition I would imagine although things like geography and the fact that we don't own a stadium makes it less so
Investment on 20:25 - Sep 21 with 2292 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No need to be abusive you troll Dwight. I know maths is probably not your best point but even on conservsative values given the price of recent transfers i list the some prices

Bony £20m
Ash £10m
Sig £10m
KI £10m
Dyer £10m
Rou £10m
Shelvy £10m
Montero £10
Gomis £10m
Britton £8m
Michu £10m
Emmnes Bartley Fabianski Taylor Amat Rangel Ferndes £5 each £35m
The rest of the squad say £7m

Investment on 20:27 - Sep 21 with 2271 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Investment on 20:25 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

No need to be abusive you troll Dwight. I know maths is probably not your best point but even on conservsative values given the price of recent transfers i list the some prices

Bony £20m
Ash £10m
Sig £10m
KI £10m
Dyer £10m
Rou £10m
Shelvy £10m
Montero £10
Gomis £10m
Britton £8m
Michu £10m
Emmnes Bartley Fabianski Taylor Amat Rangel Ferndes £5 each £35m
The rest of the squad say £7m

I laughed very loudly.

Ash £10m? More like £3m.

Leon £8m? More like £1m.

Michu £10m? More like £5m.

We only just got Monterro for £4m and you're valuing him at £10m?

Log off.

Investment on 20:29 - Sep 21 with 2268 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sorry to correct you but Stadco own the stadium assests which cost £25m and have been added to considerable since it was built. Swansea City own 33% of stadco just read the club accounts they are available from companys house. Don't forget we sold £24m of players in the Summer and they were with exception on Ben our fringe players and not good enough start this season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024