Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Investment 19:14 - Sep 21 with 4005 viewswestx

There was a thread on here a couple of weeks back about investment but I cant find it now.

I still think that we are ripe for investment/takeover at the moment and it worries me that faced with say a bid of £75m that some of our board/shareholders would be tempted to sell thus leaving us exposed to a new owner

However there is also a thought that tells me without future investment we would go no further than we are now which may be enough to keep us happy but does that apply to everyone (for example would someone who jumped behind us when we reached the EPL believe we should get investment)

How do the trust feel about future investment? Would they sell or would they block the move and risk being accused of holding back the club potentially as well?

I would be convinced the longer we stay here the more chance there is of people coming in and making and offer and our landscape will completely change?

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Investment on 20:31 - Sep 21 with 1478 viewsNeath_Jack

Investment on 20:25 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

No need to be abusive you troll Dwight. I know maths is probably not your best point but even on conservsative values given the price of recent transfers i list the some prices

Bony £20m
Ash £10m
Sig £10m
KI £10m
Dyer £10m
Rou £10m
Shelvy £10m
Montero £10
Gomis £10m
Britton £8m
Michu £10m
Emmnes Bartley Fabianski Taylor Amat Rangel Ferndes £5 each £35m
The rest of the squad say £7m

Wow, if you could get those figures for those players, you'd be the best salesman in the world.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Investment on 20:31 - Sep 21 with 1478 viewsexiledclaseboy

I can't envisage any scenario where the Trust should be tempted to sell the shares that it holds on behalf of its members. It's totally opposite to the Trust's reason for being.

Poll: Tory leader

Investment on 20:33 - Sep 21 with 1472 viewsPhil_S

Investment on 20:29 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

Sorry to correct you but Stadco own the stadium assests which cost £25m and have been added to considerable since it was built. Swansea City own 33% of stadco just read the club accounts they are available from companys house. Don't forget we sold £24m of players in the Summer and they were with exception on Ben our fringe players and not good enough start this season.

The council own the stadium - Swansea City do not own 33% of Stadco. Sorry to correct you on that one but we have no ownership of the stadium. We have 2 directors on the board of Stadco, as do the Ospreys and the council do as well I believe.

And at the risk of agreeing with Dwight on this one your player valuations are way off the mark. And I would be interested to see the breakdown of the £24m of summer sales.
Investment on 20:45 - Sep 21 with 1443 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Please look at the link. The values are based on contract values only. Wages players are times number of years. They give a value about a third of the market value if the players are sold onto other clubs.
These form the basis of players value which can be offset against corporation tax. I know some people like to dismiss any evidence compliled by independant tax and football experts but there you go. I suppose if Dwight lived in a house he owned and an estate agent valued it at £200,000 he would sell it for £50,000

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swansea-city/kader/verein/2288

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Investment (n/t) on 20:49 - Sep 21 with 1435 viewspencoedjack

Investment on 20:33 - Sep 21 by Phil_S

The council own the stadium - Swansea City do not own 33% of Stadco. Sorry to correct you on that one but we have no ownership of the stadium. We have 2 directors on the board of Stadco, as do the Ospreys and the council do as well I believe.

And at the risk of agreeing with Dwight on this one your player valuations are way off the mark. And I would be interested to see the breakdown of the £24m of summer sales.

[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 21:09]
Investment on 20:51 - Sep 21 with 1427 viewsPhil_S

Investment on 20:45 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

Please look at the link. The values are based on contract values only. Wages players are times number of years. They give a value about a third of the market value if the players are sold onto other clubs.
These form the basis of players value which can be offset against corporation tax. I know some people like to dismiss any evidence compliled by independant tax and football experts but there you go. I suppose if Dwight lived in a house he owned and an estate agent valued it at £200,000 he would sell it for £50,000

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swansea-city/kader/verein/2288

I have no interest in what that link says - you don't need any expert to tell us that the average value of our 25 man squad is not £8m or even £6m as has been claimed

You don't need to be a tax expert to know that Leon Britton is not worth £8m for starters. Montero £10m. There is little point in going on

And there is no way that the football club has a market value of £300m either
Investment on 21:04 - Sep 21 with 1406 viewsfelixstowe_jack

QUAD OF SWANSEA CITY
Dwight on that logic Gomis was free transfer so are you saying he is worth £0.
As you can't be bothered to read the article I will list it for you. They are not my fugures but independant figures based of players wages and lenght of contract.

Player(s)
born/age
Nat.
Market value
Lukasz Fabianski
Keeper
Apr 18, 1985 (29) 2,20 Mill. £
Gerhard Tremmel
Keeper
Nov 16, 1978 (35) 880 Th. £
David Cornell
Keeper
Mar 28, 1991 (23) 220 Th. £
Ashley Williams
Centre Back
Aug 23, 1984 (30)
6,16 Mill. £
Federico Fernández
Centre Back
Feb 21, 1989 (25)
4,40 Mill. £
Jordi Amat
Centre Back
Mar 21, 1992 (22) 2,64 Mill. £
Kyle Bartley
Centre Back
May 22, 1991 (23) 880 Th. £
Alan Tate
Centre Back
Sep 2, 1982 (32) 440 Th. £
Neil Taylor
Left-Back
Feb 7, 1989 (25) 2,20 Mill. £
Stephen Kingsley
Left-Back
Jul 23, 1994 (20) 440 Th. £
Ángel Rangel
Right-Back
Oct 28, 1982 (31) 2,20 Mill. £
Dwight Tiendalli
Right-Back
Oct 21, 1985 (28)
1,32 Mill. £
Ashley Richards
Right-Back
Apr 12, 1991 (23) 440 Th. £
Curtis Obeng
Right-Back
Feb 14, 1989 (25) 220 Th. £
Sung-Yong Ki
Defensive Midfield
Jan 24, 1989 (25) 5,28 Mill. £
Jonjo Shelvey
Central Midfield
Feb 27, 1992 (22) 8,80 Mill. £
Leon Britton
Central Midfield
Sep 16, 1982 (32) 1,76 Mill. £
Tom Carroll
Central Midfield
May 28, 1992 (22) 1,76 Mill. £
Modou Barrow
Right Midfield
Oct 13, 1992 (21)
220 Th. £
Gylfi Sigurdsson
Attacking Midfield
Sep 9, 1989 (25) 8,80 Mill. £
Wayne Routledge
Left Wing
Jan 7, 1985 (29) 3,08 Mill. £
Jefferson Montero
Left Wing
Sep 1, 1989 (25) 4,40 Mill. £
Nathan Dyer
Right Wing
Nov 29, 1987 (26) 3,96 Mill. £
Wilfried Bony
Centre Forward
Dec 10, 1988 (25) 14,96 Mill. £
Bafetimbi Gomis
Centre Forward
Aug 6, 1985 (29)
8,80 Mill. £
Marvin Emnes
Centre Forward
May 27, 1988 (26)
1,32 Mill.

Investment on 21:29 - Sep 21 with 1382 viewsSweyns_Eye

I'd disagree with a lot of those valuations, but at the end of the day a player is worth what the buyer is prepared to pay. Reference Man U and their mad desperate summer spending, Fulham thinking McCormack was worth £11 M just two examples where valuation and logic didn't seem to go together but were subsumed by other reasoning.

I very much doubt the trust would sell its shares to an incoming investor. And they don't need the Notts Co. trust history to warn them of what could go wrong.

Regarding whether the club would be of interest - would it? Villa have been up for sale, so are Hull apparently and no takers yet. Everton has apparently been up for sale for years but Kenwright can't get a buyer. I don't see what the Swans could offer in the way of a return on investment to a potential buyer.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Login to get fewer ads

Investment on 17:24 - Sep 23 with 1302 viewsfelixstowe_jack

They are thev only Club who make a profit and pay a dividen to shareholders.

Investment on 19:06 - Sep 23 with 1258 viewsLord_Bony

Here's the thread I put up here a while back.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/125143/swansea-fc-attrac

I agree if it was done correctly and we maintained majority control it would be the platform we need to take us to the next level.

I m sure we have more sense and business acumen not to repeat the mistake of Cardiff and such like. Also, the days of Petty are far behind us and we should at least put trust in the board that it would be oh so different now,we are an established big league player that has potential for huge profit...
we have something different to offer and would be a lot cheaper than everton for instance and we are debt free,
Hopefully, one day soon someone will open a big fat cheque book.we will decide then...whatever the decision I'm confident it will be the right one
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 19:08]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Investment on 09:00 - Sep 24 with 1182 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Another good win and a few hundred added to our players value plus another few bob for the club coffers.

Investment on 09:31 - Sep 24 with 1170 viewsSpratty

A player is worth what someone is willing to pay and that value fluctuates massively.

What offers anywhere near that level came in for for example Bony (who was seen as firing freely at that time) or Ash.

Why would the trust sell.

Why the need to be so arrogant and abusive towards DYSS who made valid points.
Investment on 09:41 - Sep 24 with 1164 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I just said a good win whats is arrogant about that?

Investment on 10:05 - Sep 24 with 1131 viewsSpratty

Investment on 09:41 - Sep 24 by felixstowe_jack

I just said a good win whats is arrogant about that?

Nothing at all - but sorry if I caused confusion.

I did not quote you but was commenting on the thread in general (which I had not seen before)

The first 2 parts of my post related to the valuations which I believe came from you, so can understand why you would think I was replying directly to your previous post (which merely brought this whole thread to my attention).

The last 2 parts though referred to the OP and subsequent comments made by it's author (whose style seems strangely familiar to me).
Investment on 11:18 - Sep 24 with 1084 viewshammy

Investment on 19:06 - Sep 23 by Lord_Bony

Here's the thread I put up here a while back.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/125143/swansea-fc-attrac

I agree if it was done correctly and we maintained majority control it would be the platform we need to take us to the next level.

I m sure we have more sense and business acumen not to repeat the mistake of Cardiff and such like. Also, the days of Petty are far behind us and we should at least put trust in the board that it would be oh so different now,we are an established big league player that has potential for huge profit...
we have something different to offer and would be a lot cheaper than everton for instance and we are debt free,
Hopefully, one day soon someone will open a big fat cheque book.we will decide then...whatever the decision I'm confident it will be the right one
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 19:08]

What about getting this fella involved ?

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Sir-Terry-Matthews-named-new-chairman-Sw

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Investment on 22:01 - Oct 30 with 946 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It will be interesting to see how much the Americans offer for 30% of the Club/ Should gives us a clue to the "Value" of the club.

Investment on 08:58 - Nov 1 with 842 viewsMoscowJack

Investment on 22:01 - Oct 30 by felixstowe_jack

It will be interesting to see how much the Americans offer for 30% of the Club/ Should gives us a clue to the "Value" of the club.

£100m is allegedly their valuation of 100% today.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 10:34]

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Investment on 08:35 - Jan 22 with 719 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sold for £1 just over a decade ago, now Swansea City are in top 30 highest-earning clubs in the world

SWANSEA City have become the first Welsh club to make it into the top 30 highest-earning teams in the world.

The Premier League side is ranked 29th on the list compiled by Deloitte, with revenue of £98.7m in 2013/14

Looks like my ealier valuation of the club at £150M was not far of the Mark. Good to see Bony who I valued at £20M went for £28M

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024