Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy 22:28 - Sep 22 with 5222 viewsPacemaker

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/development-rhondda-1934044.aspx

Right next to Treorchy Boys Club where Curt started, funny to see some of the kids there in red Cardiff shirts.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 23:11 - Sep 22 with 5152 viewsowainglyndwr

All the years I moaned about Cardiff getting into areas around Wales with us not doing enough and now we are there.
Well done the Swans.
We also have a scout training kids in Llantrisant these days
Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 23:15 - Sep 22 with 5144 viewsSgorioFruit

Fantastic news. Set them up all over Wales, produce talent and keep them all with our youth squad. Loan them out to Newport, Wrexham, Colwyn bay, Merthyr Town to get real match experience.

Like it or lump it the Swans continue to grow.

Fantastic training ground down landore and Fairwood, just need that stadium bigger now and more news like these academies popping up everywhere.

Da iawn Abertawe!!!!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 23:24]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 23:17 - Sep 22 with 5137 viewsPozuelosSideys

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 23:15 - Sep 22 by SgorioFruit

Fantastic news. Set them up all over Wales, produce talent and keep them all with our youth squad. Loan them out to Newport, Wrexham, Colwyn bay, Merthyr Town to get real match experience.

Like it or lump it the Swans continue to grow.

Fantastic training ground down landore and Fairwood, just need that stadium bigger now and more news like these academies popping up everywhere.

Da iawn Abertawe!!!!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 23:24]

Yep. This exactly. Continue to grow the empire and put the infrastructure in place and it can only ever be a positive thing in years to come.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 23:23 - Sep 22 with 5123 viewsDr_Winston

The idea of nicking talented kids from under the Jamrags noses leaves me all warm and tingly inside.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 23:58 - Sep 22 with 5085 viewsJackhero

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 23:23 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

The idea of nicking talented kids from under the Jamrags noses leaves me all warm and tingly inside.

Jamrags...........love that term.

Great news though, are the basseys still running camps up at play football? fcked right off when I went to play 5 a-side up there last season and saw what was going on. Even saw someone who I thought was a staunch Jack wearing a redturd top as he was / is a coach for them!!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 00:06 - Sep 23 with 5080 viewsreddythered

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 23:58 - Sep 22 by Jackhero

Great news though, are the basseys still running camps up at play football? fcked right off when I went to play 5 a-side up there last season and saw what was going on. Even saw someone who I thought was a staunch Jack wearing a redturd top as he was / is a coach for them!!

Most of those camps for us aren't academy related, more glorified soccer schools. Any real talent goes into the academy structure whilst lickle Johnny gets to believe they played for a football club.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 07:18 - Sep 23 with 4973 viewsSgorioFruit

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 00:06 - Sep 23 by reddythered

Most of those camps for us aren't academy related, more glorified soccer schools. Any real talent goes into the academy structure whilst lickle Johnny gets to believe they played for a football club.

And we have won the league cup.

Next

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 08:31 - Sep 23 with 4924 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 23:58 - Sep 22 by Jackhero

Jamrags.

That could catch on...
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 08:42 - Sep 23 with 4913 viewsDrWig

Great to see-and a couple of lads with Swans away shirts too. I grew up in Treorchy (though born and lived in Neath until 7) and it is a Cardiff stronghold. There have always been a few enlightened people there- always outnumbered yet proud to follow the Swans. Given the way some chumps on CCMB pour contempt on to the valleys, then there is a long-term potential to tap into the Cynon and Rhondda Valleys in particular for both players and fans. It's not all meat-headed 'roiders.

The only alternative to the spectacle is the spectacle of the alternative.

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 08:51 - Sep 23 with 4890 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 08:31 - Sep 23 by WarwickHunt

Jamrags.

That could catch on...

The Canton Jamrags to give them their full title.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 09:18 - Sep 23 with 4863 viewstomdickharry

The number of young players who "make it" from the Eastern Valleys of South Wales is negligible,great area for the growth industry of "football coach" though nice earner.
Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 09:25 - Sep 23 with 4855 viewsDrWig

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 09:18 - Sep 23 by tomdickharry

The number of young players who "make it" from the Eastern Valleys of South Wales is negligible,great area for the growth industry of "football coach" though nice earner.

This may be true, but by any standards 2 of the greatest ever Swansea players (Curt and Jack Fowler) were both Rhondda boys.

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 11:37 - Sep 23 with 4781 viewswhiterock

The Burley Chassis's won't be happy

We have pre-academy camps from Bristol to Aberystwyth, 15 in all
Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 13:11 - Sep 23 with 4719 viewstomdickharry

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 09:25 - Sep 23 by DrWig

This may be true, but by any standards 2 of the greatest ever Swansea players (Curt and Jack Fowler) were both Rhondda boys.

You can add Johnny King and Roy Paul to that and that's the lot from the Rhondda,I know there were Alan Wilkins/Keith Evans in the 60's as well but they never made it big time.Lets hope these new academies unearth more gems because they are there.
Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 13:36 - Sep 23 with 4704 viewsicecoldjack

Awesome stuff from the swans . They only need to spot one or two gems and point them in the direction of emyr hughs,Joe Allen and Ben Davies to prove our system can be one of professional fulfillment .

Well done swans !
Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 16:00 - Sep 23 with 4628 viewsScoobyWho

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 08:42 - Sep 23 by DrWig

Great to see-and a couple of lads with Swans away shirts too. I grew up in Treorchy (though born and lived in Neath until 7) and it is a Cardiff stronghold. There have always been a few enlightened people there- always outnumbered yet proud to follow the Swans. Given the way some chumps on CCMB pour contempt on to the valleys, then there is a long-term potential to tap into the Cynon and Rhondda Valleys in particular for both players and fans. It's not all meat-headed 'roiders.

They run a 35 seater from there most weeks now.
Plus a large number come by train.
Times are def changing all over east Wales.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 16:33 - Sep 23 with 4606 viewsheadcleaner

A big difference in east and west wales is since we've been in the prem and you see a photo from any school or soccer camp almost every single child is wearing a swans kit bar the odd one or two in lfc or man you. looking at those kids in that picture only a couple are in cardiff shirts none in newport colours and almost as many in swans kits as kerdiff.

the revolution is almost complete in west wales and slowly east wales will turn black and white in 20 years I'd imagine places like Bridgend and many of the valley in rct will also be B&W and that is something they fear more than anything
Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 19:01 - Sep 23 with 4565 viewsSgorioFruit

Guess where i was working today?

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 19:26 - Sep 23 with 4544 viewsDrWig

Swansea City pre academy opens in Treorchy on 13:11 - Sep 23 by tomdickharry

You can add Johnny King and Roy Paul to that and that's the lot from the Rhondda,I know there were Alan Wilkins/Keith Evans in the 60's as well but they never made it big time.Lets hope these new academies unearth more gems because they are there.

Roy Paul of course. A friend of my mum's family. There have been a few others who have played League Football but not reached the dizzy heights

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024