Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US launches first air strikes against ISIS 09:09 - Sep 23 with 959 viewsLord_Bony

First wave of Tomahawk missiles launched last night along with Arab coalition forces.

Could the next step be boots on the ground again?

[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 9:22]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 09:24 - Sep 23 with 934 viewsJackoBoostardo

The arab nations around Iraq should be doing the groundwork as far as i'm concerned. They pretty much sat quietly letting this escalate so should take a leading role for once and take some responsibility.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 09:29 - Sep 23 with 927 viewsBatterseajack

US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 09:24 - Sep 23 by JackoBoostardo

The arab nations around Iraq should be doing the groundwork as far as i'm concerned. They pretty much sat quietly letting this escalate so should take a leading role for once and take some responsibility.

I would have felt better about this if Syriah, Iran and Turkey were involved rather than just Bahrain, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates
US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 09:42 - Sep 23 with 906 viewsLord_Bony

US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 09:29 - Sep 23 by Batterseajack

I would have felt better about this if Syriah, Iran and Turkey were involved rather than just Bahrain, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates

What I can't get my head around is these attacks took place in Syria against forces opposing the government that we are fighting against.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 10:01 - Sep 23 with 872 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 09:42 - Sep 23 by Lord_Bony

What I can't get my head around is these attacks took place in Syria against forces opposing the government that we are fighting against.

Turning into the Lebanon all over again.

What a fekin mess. Cheers Tony and Dubya.

The Arab League has always been weak as piss at doing anything but all these nations supporting the attacks have an history of supressing Salafist extremists in their countries, which is all part of the problem in the first place...Henry Ford has a lot to answer for.

Also of course these are the major oil producing nations so it's not suprising to see them involved above anyone else...
US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 10:13 - Sep 23 with 849 viewsSwanzay

Britain must be prepared to join a wide coalition of countries in deploying ground troops, including special forces, to combat forces from the Islamic State (Isis), the former prime minister Tony Blair has said. In a lengthy essay on the threat posed by Isis on the eve of the UN general assembly meeting in New York, Blair warned that air strikes alone would not be enough to combat the jihadis.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/22/blair-defeat-isis-ground-troops

He just loves a good war, kunt!
US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 12:09 - Sep 23 with 787 viewsJackoBoostardo

US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 10:13 - Sep 23 by Swanzay

Britain must be prepared to join a wide coalition of countries in deploying ground troops, including special forces, to combat forces from the Islamic State (Isis), the former prime minister Tony Blair has said. In a lengthy essay on the threat posed by Isis on the eve of the UN general assembly meeting in New York, Blair warned that air strikes alone would not be enough to combat the jihadis.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/22/blair-defeat-isis-ground-troops

He just loves a good war, kunt!

Although the official line is, no troops on the ground, unofficially I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't already have SAS/SBS/Commando units already operating under the radar. Afterall, they aren't just there to fight, but gather intelligence too.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 19:26 - Sep 23 with 697 viewsSlugster664

US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 12:09 - Sep 23 by JackoBoostardo

Although the official line is, no troops on the ground, unofficially I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't already have SAS/SBS/Commando units already operating under the radar. Afterall, they aren't just there to fight, but gather intelligence too.

I can guarantee they've been there for some time.

STID

US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 19:34 - Sep 23 with 688 viewsLord_Bony

Yes they have been.

Why only last year they were fighting alongside and advising ISIS ,whoops...I mean the Syrian Rebel freedom fighters...in their battle to overthrow the Assad regime in Syria.

Now they have to fight against them.?it must all be very confusing for the elite forces based in this region..

Personally,I would not want to see anymore of our regular guys put in harms way...but it s being ratcheted up by the likes of Blair and Congress so it looks increasingly likely unfortunatley...

Login to get fewer ads

US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 11:21 - Sep 24 with 543 viewscontroversial_jack

US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 09:29 - Sep 23 by Batterseajack

Yes, those wonderful examples of democracy should be involved!
US launches first air strikes against ISIS on 13:28 - Sep 24 with 482 viewsdickythorpe

The SAS arent doing much then if they are there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024