Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES 11:00 - Sep 23 with 4519 viewsjacktoakingfilm

Quite a few tweets asking so here's the FULL rundown of where you can see the film on the big screen in Wales as we know it today (23rd Sept!)

THIS WEEK UP UNTIL AND INCLUDING THURSDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER:

ODEON or VUE SWANSEA
ODEON LLANELLI
VUE MERTHYR
VUE BRIDGEND
REEL PORT TALBOT

FROM FRIDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER UNTIL THURSDAY 2ND OCTOBER:

ODEON or VUE SWANSEA
ODEON LLANELLI
REEL PORT TALBOT

There are then going to be the following screenings - some of which are Q&A events with Exec Producer Mal Pope (+ special guests) introducing the film and taking questions at the following locations:

GWYN HALL, NEATH
Q&A event - 29th Sept
Standard screenings - 7th / 8th Oct

THEATR MWLDAN, CARDIGAN
Q&A event - 3rd Oct
Standard screenings - 5th / 6th / 7th / 8th / 9th / 10th Oct

WYESIDE ARTS CENTRE, BUILTH WELLS
Standard screenings - 10th / 12th Oct

NEUADD DWYFOR, PWLLHELI
Q&A event - 17th Oct

PONTARDAWE ARTS CENTRE, PONTARDAWE
Q&A event - 22nd Oct

THE TORCH, MILFORD HAVEN
Q&A event - 27th Oct
Standard screening - 29th Oct

Hope you get to catch it somewhere - enjoy!
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 11:38 - Sep 23 with 2439 viewsairedale

When will the DVD be on sale?
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 11:55 - Sep 23 with 2415 viewsStarsky

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 11:38 - Sep 23 by airedale

When will the DVD be on sale?

Amazon on BOxing day

It's just the internet, init.

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 23:16 - Sep 24 with 2276 viewsbuilthjack

Got my tickets for the Builth showing

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 07:37 - Sep 25 with 2194 viewsowainglyndwr

Will it be shown in Pontardawe Art centre at some stage I see there is a Q&A pencilled in.
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 11:31 - Sep 25 with 2100 viewsbuilthjack

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 07:37 - Sep 25 by owainglyndwr

Will it be shown in Pontardawe Art centre at some stage I see there is a Q&A pencilled in.

It looks like they are showing the film, then having a Q & A session with Mal Pope

It should be with the Pope, with whats happened in the last 10 years.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 12:02 - Sep 25 with 2071 viewsEilian

Fcuk all in Carmarthen!!!
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 13:46 - Sep 25 with 2023 viewsUxbridge

Could someone ask Mal why he decided to make a fiction instead of a documentary? Ta muchly.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 14:01 - Sep 25 with 2000 viewsFar_Post

Saw it yesterday in Swansea Odeon. A great watch and brought back a lot of memories, especially some of the footage of the North Bank.

As a fan you would have loved to have seen a few more match highlights of some of the great games we had during our promotion seasons but for the sake of the neutral going along to see the film you understand them cutting a lot out.

Blog: The C Word

Login to get fewer ads

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 15:44 - Sep 25 with 1939 viewsRogueTrooper

Using the Sky "On Demand" service, they often show smaller films that are on at the cinema, would be great for us exiles, and I'm sure would be a good way to bring it to a wider audience

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 16:41 - Sep 25 with 1907 viewsScoobyWho

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 13:46 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

Could someone ask Mal why he decided to make a fiction instead of a documentary? Ta muchly.

We'll there are enough people wanting to know the same information, without the benefits of his reply I would say again, as I have before its because he wasn't that much a swans fan back then,if at all, and is a recent wagon jumper who was manipulated by certain board members to rewrite or miss out certain events.

Without evidence to the contrary this is my opinion.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 17:23 - Sep 25 with 1873 viewsSwanseajill

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 16:41 - Sep 25 by ScoobyWho

We'll there are enough people wanting to know the same information, without the benefits of his reply I would say again, as I have before its because he wasn't that much a swans fan back then,if at all, and is a recent wagon jumper who was manipulated by certain board members to rewrite or miss out certain events.

Without evidence to the contrary this is my opinion.

I don't believe that to be true Scoob.

But there be no evidence on here, I'll just take it as I found it many years ago.
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 17:48 - Sep 25 with 1845 viewsSwanseajill

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 13:46 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

A film with limited minutes?

Best bits that you're missing out on, are probably on the cutting room floor.
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 18:37 - Sep 25 with 1813 viewsStarsky

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 17:48 - Sep 25 by Swanseajill

Can somebody put these bits back together? I'll buy a copy.

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 18:42 - Sep 25 with 1807 viewsUxbridge

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 17:48 - Sep 25 by Swanseajill

Well that's a different, and entirely valid point. To airbrush my favourite manager Mr Jackett out of existence was poor form I thought.

Anyway, I was mainly hinting that there are also some blatant untruths in the film.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 18:44 - Sep 25 with 1799 viewsSwanseajill

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 18:37 - Sep 25 by Starsky

Can somebody put these bits back together? I'll buy a copy.

Haha, but does it matter? There will always be fans that can convey..all the facts to others.

And that is through the great outlet called the internet.
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 18:47 - Sep 25 with 1790 viewsStarsky

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 18:44 - Sep 25 by Swanseajill

Haha, but does it matter? There will always be fans that can convey..all the facts to others.

Hmmm. Alrighty then.
However, if I was making a film and looking for some interesting footage that would appeal to the mass audience, then I would have included Bury with Gueret in his handcuffs.

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 19:16 - Sep 25 with 1755 viewsScoobyWho

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 17:23 - Sep 25 by Swanseajill

I don't believe that to be true Scoob.

But there be no evidence on here, I'll just take it as I found it many years ago.

Without a anything to the contrary I'm sticking to it :-)

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 19:27 - Sep 25 with 1740 viewsWarwickHunt

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 18:44 - Sep 25 by Swanseajill

It's supposed to be a documentary, so yes, it does matter.
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 19:34 - Sep 25 with 1724 viewsSwanseajill

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 19:27 - Sep 25 by WarwickHunt

It's supposed to be a documentary, so yes, it does matter.

I ve heard so much about the film although I've not seen it.
I believe there are hundreds of important facts that have been left out. It would be impossible to include it all and that stands to reason.
I do believe Ux has a point regarding Kenny Jackett though.
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 19:37 - Sep 25 with 1718 viewsSwanseajill

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 18:42 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

Well that's a different, and entirely valid point. To airbrush my favourite manager Mr Jackett out of existence was poor form I thought.

Anyway, I was mainly hinting that there are also some blatant untruths in the film.

What blatant untruths?
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 19:39 - Sep 25 with 1713 viewsWarwickHunt

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 19:34 - Sep 25 by Swanseajill

I believe there are hundreds of important facts that have been left out. It would be impossible to include it all and that stands to reason.

As Ux said earlier, there's a fair bit of fiction in it too...
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 19:44 - Sep 25 with 1706 viewsSwanseajill

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 19:39 - Sep 25 by WarwickHunt

As Ux said earlier, there's a fair bit of fiction in it too...

None of that fiction nonsense in... From Graveyard To Ambition.
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 20:27 - Sep 25 with 1643 viewsPhil_S

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 19:34 - Sep 25 by Swanseajill

I'm not sure though Lor its about the bits that are left out its the blatant rewriting of parts of our history which I think is the point that Ux is making

Difficult to get 10 years into 90 minutes although leaving out a promotion and a cup win is a pretty glaring mistake as well (although the reason for that was told to Matt by Mal that it would have slowed the film down if you can work that one out!!0
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 20:43 - Sep 25 with 1626 viewsSwanseajill

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 20:27 - Sep 25 by Phil_S

I'm not sure though Lor its about the bits that are left out its the blatant rewriting of parts of our history which I think is the point that Ux is making

Difficult to get 10 years into 90 minutes although leaving out a promotion and a cup win is a pretty glaring mistake as well (although the reason for that was told to Matt by Mal that it would have slowed the film down if you can work that one out!!0

It's a shame, and it's what happens when you read a cracking book, and when you see the film, half the facts are left out.
Someone must have had a preview, or the script of sorts.
It must have been sanctioned by someone who's been there for the last ten years? Or was it just a compilation of film clips that were available.
All I can say is...it's something we didn't have before, to add to our incredible rise over the last decade.And something that may come out of the can for our grandchildren to...get the gist of our history at this time.
R.L.s omission was a huge mistake though, but the grand kids can read the book eh?
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 20:45 - Sep 25 with 1618 viewsPhil_S

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 20:43 - Sep 25 by Swanseajill

It's a shame, and it's what happens when you read a cracking book, and when you see the film, half the facts are left out.
Someone must have had a preview, or the script of sorts.
It must have been sanctioned by someone who's been there for the last ten years? Or was it just a compilation of film clips that were available.
All I can say is...it's something we didn't have before, to add to our incredible rise over the last decade.And something that may come out of the can for our grandchildren to...get the gist of our history at this time.
R.L.s omission was a huge mistake though, but the grand kids can read the book eh?

I will only ever be biased but the book is far better than the film (naturally I am obliged to say that)

I'm not going to comment on whether people had an input or not into the film but I think it is safe to say that people did have an input. Two and two can now officially be put together!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024