Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES 11:00 - Sep 23 with 4576 viewsjacktoakingfilm

Quite a few tweets asking so here's the FULL rundown of where you can see the film on the big screen in Wales as we know it today (23rd Sept!)

THIS WEEK UP UNTIL AND INCLUDING THURSDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER:

ODEON or VUE SWANSEA
ODEON LLANELLI
VUE MERTHYR
VUE BRIDGEND
REEL PORT TALBOT

FROM FRIDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER UNTIL THURSDAY 2ND OCTOBER:

ODEON or VUE SWANSEA
ODEON LLANELLI
REEL PORT TALBOT

There are then going to be the following screenings - some of which are Q&A events with Exec Producer Mal Pope (+ special guests) introducing the film and taking questions at the following locations:

GWYN HALL, NEATH
Q&A event - 29th Sept
Standard screenings - 7th / 8th Oct

THEATR MWLDAN, CARDIGAN
Q&A event - 3rd Oct
Standard screenings - 5th / 6th / 7th / 8th / 9th / 10th Oct

WYESIDE ARTS CENTRE, BUILTH WELLS
Standard screenings - 10th / 12th Oct

NEUADD DWYFOR, PWLLHELI
Q&A event - 17th Oct

PONTARDAWE ARTS CENTRE, PONTARDAWE
Q&A event - 22nd Oct

THE TORCH, MILFORD HAVEN
Q&A event - 27th Oct
Standard screening - 29th Oct

Hope you get to catch it somewhere - enjoy!
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 20:57 - Sep 25 with 982 viewsUxbridge

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 19:37 - Sep 25 by Swanseajill

What blatant untruths?

Well, the magic cashpoint is one, as is a certain directors investment comment. All a bit daft when such things are common knowledge and on record in the annual accounts.

It's a good film though. Will do a lot from a PR perspective I think.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 20:58]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 20:59 - Sep 25 with 974 viewsSpratty

What genre was the film then - propaganda!
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:05 - Sep 25 with 961 viewsUxbridge

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 20:59 - Sep 25 by Spratty

What genre was the film then - propaganda!

Yep. Nowt wrong with that really so long as accurate, or at least close to it and representative.

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:10 - Sep 25 with 950 viewsSwanseajill

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 20:57 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

Well, the magic cashpoint is one, as is a certain directors investment comment. All a bit daft when such things are common knowledge and on record in the annual accounts.

It's a good film though. Will do a lot from a PR perspective I think.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 20:58]

I'm sure the average fan will not ponder on that Andy. As long as the money was there to dispense.

Just hope to get to see the film soon,and think how far we've come since that night in The Patti.

Bring on The Pool.
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:15 - Sep 25 with 931 viewsUxbridge

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:10 - Sep 25 by Swanseajill

I'm sure the average fan will not ponder on that Andy. As long as the money was there to dispense.

Just hope to get to see the film soon,and think how far we've come since that night in The Patti.

Bring on The Pool.

Im going to the cinema tomorrow and just seen it's on in Vue. Just a question of whether I watch that or a slightly less farfetched film coming out of Hollywood

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:24 - Sep 25 with 910 viewsSwanseajill

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:15 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

Im going to the cinema tomorrow and just seen it's on in Vue. Just a question of whether I watch that or a slightly less farfetched film coming out of Hollywood

AS IF!!
I can say that knowing you too well.
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:27 - Sep 25 with 903 viewsUxbridge

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:24 - Sep 25 by Swanseajill

AS IF!!
I can say that knowing you too well.

I actually am! I'm off this week. You're more than welcome to join me. Me and my knees and back need a break from DIY.

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:36 - Sep 25 with 890 viewsSwanseajill

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:27 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

I actually am! I'm off this week. You're more than welcome to join me. Me and my knees and back need a break from DIY.

Any excuse is about right.

Ta, but Lynn is treating me next week ( so she says)
Login to get fewer ads

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:39 - Sep 25 with 885 viewsUxbridge

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:36 - Sep 25 by Swanseajill

Any excuse is about right.

Ta, but Lynn is treating me next week ( so she says)

Good stuff. I think I might watch The Equalizer instead.

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:39 - Sep 25 with 884 viewsSpratty

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:05 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

Yep. Nowt wrong with that really so long as accurate, or at least close to it and representative.

propaganda
noun

information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the film very much, such as it was and total objectivity is merely a utopian dream. But not keen on the use of propaganda of the usual biased or misleading type as deliberately funded social engineering.
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:40 - Sep 25 with 883 viewsPhil_S

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:39 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

Good stuff. I think I might watch The Equalizer instead.

Do they have vodka on cereal and magical cashpoints in it?

And tick boxes?
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:42 - Sep 25 with 874 viewsUxbridge

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:40 - Sep 25 by Phil_S

Do they have vodka on cereal and magical cashpoints in it?

And tick boxes?

I don't know. So long as he's mortgaging his house to help catch the bad guys then I'm happy.

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:44 - Sep 25 with 872 viewsPhil_S

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:42 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

I don't know. So long as he's mortgaging his house to help catch the bad guys then I'm happy.

I mortgaged my house too. Used the money to buy it - pulled the wool right over the banks eyes there

Tick a box next step save the world
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:47 - Sep 25 with 867 viewsUxbridge

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:44 - Sep 25 by Phil_S

I mortgaged my house too. Used the money to buy it - pulled the wool right over the banks eyes there

Tick a box next step save the world

I might try that with mine. They don't seem very bright so it might work!

I'd forgotten about our saviour. We all owe her a great debt.

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:49 - Sep 25 with 856 viewsPhil_S

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:47 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

I might try that with mine. They don't seem very bright so it might work!

I'd forgotten about our saviour. We all owe her a great debt.

Having worked for a bank myself it is fair to say not many of them are that bright!

Free season ticket for life should be on the cards - did you see her on the red carpet in London?
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:50 - Sep 25 with 833 viewsPhil_S

I'm working at home Monday too and the Gwyn Hall isn't that far from here...
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:56 - Sep 25 with 820 viewsUxbridge

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:49 - Sep 25 by Phil_S

Having worked for a bank myself it is fair to say not many of them are that bright!

Free season ticket for life should be on the cards - did you see her on the red carpet in London?

If you think that was bad you should have seen her afterwards. I suspect Mr Croft was going to have the time of his life that night.

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 22:25 - Sep 25 with 802 viewsWarwickHunt

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 20:45 - Sep 25 by Phil_S

I will only ever be biased but the book is far better than the film (naturally I am obliged to say that)

I'm not going to comment on whether people had an input or not into the film but I think it is safe to say that people did have an input. Two and two can now officially be put together!!

And make 1.5 million...
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 23:05 - Sep 25 with 771 viewsPhil_S

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 21:56 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

If you think that was bad you should have seen her afterwards. I suspect Mr Croft was going to have the time of his life that night.

Did you get an autograph??
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 23:10 - Sep 25 with 766 viewsUxbridge

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 23:05 - Sep 25 by Phil_S

Did you get an autograph??

I made a swift detour when she wandered in my direction. It's probably not noticable but there are times I find it difficult to bite my tongue ...

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 23:13 - Sep 25 with 760 viewsPhil_S

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 23:10 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

I made a swift detour when she wandered in my direction. It's probably not noticable but there are times I find it difficult to bite my tongue ...

I've had to see a fair few comments on mutual friends pages on Facebook

Shame that the passion for the organisation was not as strong as the desire to pretend to be something she wasn't. But hey good company and all that...
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 23:18 - Sep 25 with 754 viewsUxbridge

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 23:13 - Sep 25 by Phil_S

I've had to see a fair few comments on mutual friends pages on Facebook

Shame that the passion for the organisation was not as strong as the desire to pretend to be something she wasn't. But hey good company and all that...

Quite. That for me is the shame. There are a lot of people who have been airbrushed out of 2002 by the film, which is pretty bad form.

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 23:42 - Sep 25 with 730 viewswhiterock

What u mean airbrushed out? Mel made the film, all of 2 minutes
JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 00:15 - Sep 26 with 709 viewsEvanski

Bizarre that there are 7 showings in Cardigan but none in Aberystwyth. Cardigan is a town of around 4,000 inhabitants, and predominantly a rugby town. Aberystwyth has 16,000 residents (about 23,000 including students), is a football town, and is home to shedloads of Swans fans. Any particular reason for this??

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

JACK TO A KING: THE SWANSEA STORY - WHERE TO SEE THE FILM IN WALES on 07:17 - Sep 26 with 654 viewswestx

Why all the debate? If it wasn't for Tenko, Dineen and Mad Mazza we wouldn't have a club to support any more

And Vodka Weetabix lady eptomises everything about us these days

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024