Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our "new" development centre 11:12 - Sep 23 with 2950 viewsCatullus

I took my son there Saturday morning, for a fun 6 week course. He's 6 and wants to get involved (joined a team too, starts this week) but I was less than impressed.
It looks done on the cheap to me. we walked in and they haven't even given a new coat of paint in most places.
My son needed the toilet, there were paper towels all over the floor, one cubicle wasn't flushed and the other blocked (someone had shoved a whole toilet roll down it) and neither sink had a working hot water tap.
Now we were the first people through the door that morning.
It doesn't look very good does it? I can put up with it not looking soanking new, but when it's not even clean and tidy!! what example is that setting? Why isn't it better, considering all the money we now have?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our on 12:45 - Sep 23 with 2806 viewsLiberty

That doesn't sound great.

How was the coaching and did he enjoy ?
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 12:53]

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Our "new" development centre on 13:03 - Sep 23 with 2750 viewstomdickharry

Which Development Centre was this?
Our "new" development centre on 16:37 - Sep 23 with 2588 viewsheadcleaner

I take it the first thing you did was report this to a member of staff from the club?
Our "new" development centre on 17:19 - Sep 23 with 2547 viewsLiberty

Does sound more like his son is buying a house rather than attending a Swans football development session.

Takes all sorts.

Our "new" development centre on 17:32 - Sep 23 with 2518 viewsCatullus

He didn't enjoy it that much, it was cwmdu and.....buying a house???
I think you missed the point.

It looks like it's been done on the cheap, it wasn't clean and that's not good enough.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Our "new" development centre on 17:42 - Sep 23 with 2493 viewsLiberty

Our "new" development centre on 17:32 - Sep 23 by Catullus

He didn't enjoy it that much, it was cwmdu and.....buying a house???
I think you missed the point.

It looks like it's been done on the cheap, it wasn't clean and that's not good enough.

Lots of kids play in fields full of dog turds yet go onto great things.

Surely the decor and toilet conditions should not be foremost on a 6 year olds mind.

Having fun playing football is main priority, if he doesn't enjoy playing, possibly too young for him and try again next year.

Our on 17:51 - Sep 23 with 2452 viewsLiberty

What do you think Kennedy ?

I won't ask JF opinion as have a feeling no kids and never played.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 17:57]

Our "new" development centre on 12:31 - Sep 24 with 2134 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If this was any other "Service Provider" would you be happy with that kind of service?
Does it being a football Development centre excuse it?
Login to get fewer ads

Our "new" development centre on 12:50 - Sep 24 with 2078 viewsraynor94

Our "new" development centre on 17:42 - Sep 23 by Liberty

Surely the decor and toilet conditions should not be foremost on a 6 year olds mind.

Having fun playing football is main priority, if he doesn't enjoy playing, possibly too young for him and try again next year.

Good post 100% agree, kids are far to wrapped up in cotton wool these days

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Our "new" development centre on 14:57 - Sep 24 with 1994 viewsCatullus

Our "new" development centre on 12:50 - Sep 24 by raynor94

So maybe I should scoop our dog's sh!t up and scatter it across the artificial turf?

What a ridiculous answer. Dogs don't sh!t indoors, it's s a development centre, it's supposed to be a quality facility. The signs talk about hard work and excellence, it's not Paradise park.

Our "new" development centre on 15:01 - Sep 24 with 1980 viewsCatullus

Our "new" development centre on 17:42 - Sep 23 by Liberty

The kids just want to play, but it's the parents who take them there. Turn the parents off and the kids could end up elsewhere.

And young kids need toilets too, how can they use blocked toilets? How do they wash their hands, unless you are happy for your kid to be a disgusting little minger?

And I didn't say he didn't enjoy playing, what he didn't enjoy was the coaching. he wanted to play football, not be shown tricks.

Our "new" development centre on 15:51 - Sep 24 with 1913 viewsLiberty

Our "new" development centre on 15:01 - Sep 24 by Catullus

The kids just want to play, but it's the parents who take them there. Turn the parents off and the kids could end up elsewhere.

And young kids need toilets too, how can they use blocked toilets? How do they wash their hands, unless you are happy for your kid to be a disgusting little minger?

And I didn't say he didn't enjoy playing, what he didn't enjoy was the coaching. he wanted to play football, not be shown tricks.

So when your kid is playing at Mynydd Newydd / Ashleigh Road / Heol Las etc , kick off in 2 mins and he wants the loo.

Pop behind tree for pee or trek to toilet, wash hands, soap, dry and get back for 2nd half.

At times some of the above have had no toilet facility.

Good luck maintaining your high standards, think you may look back in future and realise lack of paint, no hot water, unflushed toilet will be least of worries.

The fact he didn't enjoy being coached is the biggest shame, hope he gets to enjoy if he returns.

Our "new" development centre on 18:01 - Sep 24 with 1767 viewsicecoldjack

Our "new" development centre on 12:50 - Sep 24 by raynor94

Wrapping them in cotton wool is one thing , them being smeared in human sh!te while attempting to take a pee is quite another!

Of course toilets should be clean, nothing to do with football but to do with basic human decency and hygiene, especially in terms of operating a service to the public!

Clean the bogs mun !!
Our on 19:07 - Sep 24 with 1717 viewsSpratty

Perhaps that is the new training method. Smear shite aroung the dressing room and pitch to toughen up the players.

Probably went on a fact finding mission to Brighton to establish best practice.

That was probably the smell in the NW corner that the diminutive tubster got blamed for.

Goodness sake the little tykes should not have to paddle through p!ss to take a pee. Going behind a tree is much better than wading through the excrement of others so no comparison. Should at least be clean at the start of the session.

Smelling of others shite does not make you a man - yes I speak from experience!
Our on 19:52 - Sep 24 with 1673 viewsbermudajack

Our on 19:07 - Sep 24 by Spratty

Perhaps that is the new training method. Smear shite aroung the dressing room and pitch to toughen up the players.

Probably went on a fact finding mission to Brighton to establish best practice.

That was probably the smell in the NW corner that the diminutive tubster got blamed for.

Goodness sake the little tykes should not have to paddle through p!ss to take a pee. Going behind a tree is much better than wading through the excrement of others so no comparison. Should at least be clean at the start of the session.

Smelling of others shite does not make you a man - yes I speak from experience!

These are basic needs, a clean professionally run, inviting and smart facility which represents the good name of SCFC.

I wouldn't be happy if I took my 6 year old there, 😡

Ignore the basics and you have no chance with success at any level

Too many mis-managed facilities draining much needed resources around for my liking...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024