Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
American owners 20:58 - Sep 25 with 31467 viewswestx

Any truth in the rumours that we are about to be sold to some Americans?

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

American owners on 07:16 - Sep 26 with 2786 viewsBrynmill_Jack

American owners on 21:38 - Sep 25 by C_jack

At least the catering will go up a notch or six

What, the sugar content and cholesterol ?
They'll need to double the size of every seat mun. No foreign ownership , or the boys in the balaclavas WILL be back

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

American owners on 07:34 - Sep 26 with 2743 viewswestx

American owners on 07:16 - Sep 26 by Brynmill_Jack

What, the sugar content and cholesterol ?
They'll need to double the size of every seat mun. No foreign ownership , or the boys in the balaclavas WILL be back

If we let in the wrong people then the blame lies with the people that sell not the people that buy?

American owners on 08:19 - Sep 26 with 2692 viewswestx

Had a PM this morning telling me that this is 100% true

I'm now a little confused how these people who love the club and have said so much over so many years would just sell out at the first opportunity and make their money off the back of us

What has been said on here is clearly true - club run by the fans for the fans is just about until there is a few quid to be made

American owners on 08:26 - Sep 26 with 2683 viewsWarwickHunt

American owners on 08:19 - Sep 26 by westx

I'm now a little confused how these people who love the club and have said so much over so many years would just sell out at the first opportunity and make their money off the back of us

What has been said on here is clearly true - club run by the fans for the fans is just about until there is a few quid to be made

Perhaps the £1.5m spunked on the vanity project was a nice little parting gift to themselves?
American owners on 08:47 - Sep 26 with 2629 viewswestx

American owners on 08:26 - Sep 26 by WarwickHunt

Perhaps the £1.5m spunked on the vanity project was a nice little parting gift to themselves?

It's a group of exceptionally vain people that spend that kind of money to tell a few stories

American owners on 08:57 - Sep 26 with 2604 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If this WERE true, why would y'all hate it?

Who would buy THIS current team to run it into the ground? It isn't 2001 anymore. There is no reason to be paranoid.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

American owners on 09:12 - Sep 26 with 2564 viewswestx

American owners on 08:57 - Sep 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

If this WERE true, why would y'all hate it?

Who would buy THIS current team to run it into the ground? It isn't 2001 anymore. There is no reason to be paranoid.

I dont think it would be run into the ground but they would certainly be looking to take money back out of the club which would dwarf the dividends currently being paid significantly I would imagine

American owners on 09:15 - Sep 26 with 2555 viewsscottishjack

Apart from the mess at Liverpool a few years back (picked up by another American), American owners have done fairly well by the clubs they have owned over here, even the Glazier family at Man United haven't been shy to invest in players.

Guess it would be down to the shareholders to decide whether or not something was the right deal for the club.
Login to get fewer ads

American owners on 09:19 - Sep 26 with 2532 viewsPacemaker

WestX is a WuM fact.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

American owners on 09:23 - Sep 26 with 2521 viewsShaky

American owners on 09:12 - Sep 26 by westx

I dont think it would be run into the ground but they would certainly be looking to take money back out of the club which would dwarf the dividends currently being paid significantly I would imagine

No investor worth his salt would expect to derive any meaningful income from any investment in a UK football club.

Instead they would be looking to make their return by way of a capital gain on a future exit via a sale of the club.

The real concern is that the type of investor that would potentially be interested is likely to be a fund with a fixed term after which all investments would be liquidated with the returns distributed to fund investors. They would be unlikely to do anything stupid in terms of managing the business, but uncertainty arises as to the identity and conduct of any follow-on owners.

That said I don't believe any of this is real.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

American owners on 09:28 - Sep 26 with 2498 viewswestx

American owners on 09:19 - Sep 26 by Pacemaker

WestX is a WuM fact.

How do you figure that out is it because you dont like the question I posed?

Are you in the camp of needing to down arrow my opening post as well ?

American owners on 10:12 - Sep 26 with 2421 viewsdameedna

American owners on 09:23 - Sep 26 by Shaky

No investor worth his salt would expect to derive any meaningful income from any investment in a UK football club.

Instead they would be looking to make their return by way of a capital gain on a future exit via a sale of the club.

The real concern is that the type of investor that would potentially be interested is likely to be a fund with a fixed term after which all investments would be liquidated with the returns distributed to fund investors. They would be unlikely to do anything stupid in terms of managing the business, but uncertainty arises as to the identity and conduct of any follow-on owners.

That said I don't believe any of this is real.

I'd say the time period would be around 6 years for an exit

10 years in the Premiership and a 30,000 capacity stadium with season tickets sold out

Not now
American owners on 10:17 - Sep 26 with 2405 viewsLe_Swans

American owners on 09:28 - Sep 26 by westx

How do you figure that out is it because you dont like the question I posed?

Are you in the camp of needing to down arrow my opening post as well ?

So your saying that all the shareholders (minus the trust) have had a secret meeting and all agreed to sell their shares to some yank?

And nobody has heard of this secret meeting other than you and the person who PM'd you this morning?
American owners on 10:20 - Sep 26 with 2396 viewsLord_Bony

I too have heard strong rumours of an interested party.

Who knows...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

American owners on 10:21 - Sep 26 with 2390 viewsShaky

American owners on 10:12 - Sep 26 by dameedna

I'd say the time period would be around 6 years for an exit

10 years in the Premiership and a 30,000 capacity stadium with season tickets sold out

Not now

Well it's all speculation for now, and even if there is some substance in this rumour, the vast majority of these potential deals don't come off for one reason or another.

We shall see.

Misology -- It's a bitch

American owners on 10:46 - Sep 26 with 2110 viewsWarwickHunt

American owners on 10:17 - Sep 26 by Le_Swans

So your saying that all the shareholders (minus the trust) have had a secret meeting and all agreed to sell their shares to some yank?

And nobody has heard of this secret meeting other than you and the person who PM'd you this morning?

It's hardly a secret (courtesy of a certain director) and the Trust are well aware of it...
American owners on 10:52 - Sep 26 with 2094 viewsjackonicko

American owners on 10:46 - Sep 26 by WarwickHunt

It's hardly a secret (courtesy of a certain director) and the Trust are well aware of it...

It's almost as if some are more keen to sell than others? I wonder who that might be.
American owners on 11:00 - Sep 26 with 2070 viewsDarran

American owners on 08:19 - Sep 26 by westx

Do they like Cheap Trick?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

American owners on 11:05 - Sep 26 with 2055 viewsJackoBoostardo

Regardless of whether this 'rumour' is true or not, if an investor is brought in then I am confident this is only when the board are satisfied the club will be secure. Afterall, it's the same board who already saved the club once from a sh1tty investor.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

American owners on 11:17 - Sep 26 with 2014 viewsLe_Swans

Fair enough, I wonder which director...
American owners on 11:22 - Sep 26 with 1987 viewsWarwickHunt

American owners on 11:00 - Sep 26 by Darran

Do they like Cheap Trick?

I hope not. We don't want idiots running our club.
American owners on 11:24 - Sep 26 with 1979 viewswestx

Maybe one of the trust board could have an input into the discussion - it does appear to be far bigger common knowledge than I expected

American owners on 11:26 - Sep 26 with 1970 viewswestx

American owners on 10:21 - Sep 26 by Shaky

Well it's all speculation for now, and even if there is some substance in this rumour, the vast majority of these potential deals don't come off for one reason or another.

We shall see.

You can surely though assume that if one offer doesn't come if people want to sell then another potential suitor won't be too far away?

American owners on 11:28 - Sep 26 with 1965 viewsShaky

American owners on 11:24 - Sep 26 by westx

Maybe one of the trust board could have an input into the discussion - it does appear to be far bigger common knowledge than I expected

If it is halfway serious they are likely to be bound by confidentiality. Obviously that blabbermouth director excepted, whose initials I am guessing could be LD.

Misology -- It's a bitch

American owners on 11:33 - Sep 26 with 1951 viewsShaky

American owners on 11:26 - Sep 26 by westx

You can surely though assume that if one offer doesn't come if people want to sell then another potential suitor won't be too far away?

Nope you can't assume that at all.

And I have got to tell you that were I advising the shareholders, I would be screaming sell, sell purely on a financial basis.

Furthermore, as a supporter I might still remain fairly keen, obviously subject to knowing a lot more about the terms.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024