Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club 03:50 - Sep 30 with 2574 viewsMyFinalHeaven

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-owner-vin

LOL

He's realized by now that his first venture into football has been a total failure and he wants to start over. In hopes of recouping some money and minimizing the damages he's trying desperately to get Cardiff back to the Premier League and then sell them. Good luck with that Mr. Tan.

I really wonder though, even with all the money he has, who would be willing to sell to him given his horrendous track record? His supporters always point to how he's put a lot of money into Cardiff, but what has that money gotten them? Its brought them nothing but embarrassment in their one and only reason in the top flight, they have been wholly stripped of their identity and history, and they're in an even worse position than they were in before.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2014 3:53]

Come on you Swans.

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 03:55 - Sep 30 with 2261 viewsFerrieBodde

Not surprised he's finally revealed what we've been suspecting for a long time, and that's power in selecting the lineup. If you're an owner and you don't trust your manager to pick the team, then you really shouldn't have appointed him in the first place.
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 07:16 - Sep 30 with 2132 viewsQuakerJack

Just think - out there, there's a poor unsuspecting football club whose soul is about to be destroyed.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 08:06 - Sep 30 with 2036 viewshammy

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 07:16 - Sep 30 by QuakerJack

Just think - out there, there's a poor unsuspecting football club whose soul is about to be destroyed.

Newcastle ;)

This could really happen. If the price was right, Ashley would sell. What a battle there would be between Tan and the Geordies !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 09:06 - Sep 30 with 1938 viewsLeonisGod

Much as we'd like to see him sell up just for the comedy value, I can't see anything in that interview transcript that suggests he is thinking of doing so. Poor journalism just to get a sensationalist headline I'm afraid. And there will always be people willing to take his money if he continues to over-pay for stuff.
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 09:13 - Sep 30 with 1923 viewsicecoldjack

I love Vincent Tan..

A true jack, his next victim on the list will be palace or QPR .

He loves the limelight so it's gotta be London for me .

Cardiff fans already flapping that they will lose the tan money and never find another backer as rich as him!

How about doing things so that you don't need any help guys? Just a thought..
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 06:44 - Oct 1 with 1549 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 09:06 - Sep 30 by LeonisGod

Much as we'd like to see him sell up just for the comedy value, I can't see anything in that interview transcript that suggests he is thinking of doing so. Poor journalism just to get a sensationalist headline I'm afraid. And there will always be people willing to take his money if he continues to over-pay for stuff.

He's said in the past that the fans are pissing him off to no end and all his family members have told him to just cut his losses and sell, so that's the vibe I'm getting. At this point, there's really no way back for him. His relationship with the supporters is irreversibly damaged, and the squad is in shambles.

Come on you Swans.

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 12:14 - Oct 1 with 1365 viewsLeonisGod

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 06:44 - Oct 1 by MyFinalHeaven

He's said in the past that the fans are pissing him off to no end and all his family members have told him to just cut his losses and sell, so that's the vibe I'm getting. At this point, there's really no way back for him. His relationship with the supporters is irreversibly damaged, and the squad is in shambles.

It's all Malky Mackay's fault apparently. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29423869

Tan is in total denial of the shambles HE has brought to the club. He even said the other day that he inherited MM and his appointment was nothing to do with him. Conveniently forgetting that he became the owner of Crapduff a year before MM was appointed. Totally deluded
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 12:26 - Oct 1 with 1336 viewsmattjenkins1990

I am worried we are looking for investors and Tan is looking to buy ...

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Login to get fewer ads

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 12:34 - Oct 1 with 1314 viewssully49

In the interview he also says that he wants to buy another club, so his children don't get his money"it wouldn't be fair." If he's going to stiff his family, what is he likely to do to another club, as he did with C***iff. Sellers be afraid be very afraid.
Unfortunately there are too many vulnerable clubs out there. As long as they want to sell their soul the devil, there are people like Tan who want to play for a while.
Hull are looking to drop the City to tigers, where does this insanity end!!!!!

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 12:47 - Oct 1 with 1283 viewsJJJack

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 12:26 - Oct 1 by mattjenkins1990

I am worried we are looking for investors and Tan is looking to buy ...

This.
There is little doubt in my mind looking at his comments over the last few years, that he wishes to God he had tried to buy us instead. He has stated his admiration for the way we are run on a couple of occasions....he cited our purchase of Michu as a prime example.

My opinion is probably controversial but I actually think although he's an egomaniac , he's potentially a very good owner for a Club. Culturally, he'll have learned lessons from Cardiff but I believe if he had good football people around him then he'd back off from selection etc, invest plenty of money and have a successful Club for himself to play with. Despite everything, Cardiff should be very grateful as he's saved them from oblivion. People seem to blame him for their relegation but Mackay and Ole were given Millions and completely ballsed up. The Hull owner gets the same grief yet he similarly saved them and has left a good manager in Bruce to get on with the leg work. These people get grief but actually it's the failure of the football people to get things right that's been the real problem. Compared to some owners...e.g. Bates and the idiots that followed him, all those at Pompey and it's clear how relatively well Tan and the Hull owner have done.
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 13:08 - Oct 1 with 1250 viewsScoobyDoo

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 12:47 - Oct 1 by JJJack

This.
There is little doubt in my mind looking at his comments over the last few years, that he wishes to God he had tried to buy us instead. He has stated his admiration for the way we are run on a couple of occasions....he cited our purchase of Michu as a prime example.

My opinion is probably controversial but I actually think although he's an egomaniac , he's potentially a very good owner for a Club. Culturally, he'll have learned lessons from Cardiff but I believe if he had good football people around him then he'd back off from selection etc, invest plenty of money and have a successful Club for himself to play with. Despite everything, Cardiff should be very grateful as he's saved them from oblivion. People seem to blame him for their relegation but Mackay and Ole were given Millions and completely ballsed up. The Hull owner gets the same grief yet he similarly saved them and has left a good manager in Bruce to get on with the leg work. These people get grief but actually it's the failure of the football people to get things right that's been the real problem. Compared to some owners...e.g. Bates and the idiots that followed him, all those at Pompey and it's clear how relatively well Tan and the Hull owner have done.

I agree with all of that, especially the egomaniac.
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 13:24 - Oct 1 with 1222 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 12:47 - Oct 1 by JJJack

This.

Tan didn't save Cardiff from oblivion at all. The season before he bought them they had been to the playoffs and were finishing near the top of the Championship, and in the season they got promoted he hardly put any money in. It was only after they got promoted and received all the financial windfall that he started putting money in, and he's always blaming and regretting how it was spent on s*** players without ever confronting the fact that he's the one who allowed all those purchases to have happened.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 13:25]

Come on you Swans.

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 13:28 - Oct 1 with 1207 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He gave every manager monstrous transfer budgets and backed them all fully.

He did everything he could, bad management and coaching is what cost them.

Be grateful as the whole saga could have gone a lot differently.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 13:31 - Oct 1 with 1209 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 08:06 - Sep 30 by hammy

Newcastle ;)

This could really happen. If the price was right, Ashley would sell. What a battle there would be between Tan and the Geordies !

I can see the headlines now "Fog on the Tan",

Maybe he'll record a duet with Gazza!
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 14:02 - Oct 1 with 1169 viewsGroo

It sounds like he allowed the manager to actually spend the money and be in charge of the financial negotiations. Then blamed him when he cocked up.

In my opinion the manager should be allowed to identify the targets but not actually buy. This should be done by someone who's experienced as a negotiator and knows the business.

It sounded as well that the manager did not understand that the money he was allowed to spend was to include all money out,including agents fees and salaries and spent taking in transfer fees only. Again a financial person would not have done this.

All this is Tan's fault, the buck has to stop at the top.

Groo does what Groo does best

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 14:23 - Oct 1 with 1143 viewsLeonisGod

This.

Trouble is, Tan doesn't let people get on with the leg work and has openly said that he has got involved with player selection because 'they cost a lot of money'. He can't help himself, which is dangerous because he knows diddly squat about football. He's the one that is making the decisions to hire or fire. He's the one that will sanction the spending of over-the-top fees and wages with no clue as to whether the value is correct.

He wants to meddle. The buck stops with him. And he's clueless. A very bad combination.
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 14:34 - Oct 1 with 1128 viewsJJJack

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 14:23 - Oct 1 by LeonisGod

Trouble is, Tan doesn't let people get on with the leg work and has openly said that he has got involved with player selection because 'they cost a lot of money'. He can't help himself, which is dangerous because he knows diddly squat about football. He's the one that is making the decisions to hire or fire. He's the one that will sanction the spending of over-the-top fees and wages with no clue as to whether the value is correct.

He wants to meddle. The buck stops with him. And he's clueless. A very bad combination.

Sorry, but that's horseshite. Show me an owner of a business that doesn't "meddle". Football Managers are often clueless, idiotic, self-serving clowns but "coz they've played the game, they know wot's happening innit?". If I owned a football club I'd make damn sure I "meddled" given the dodgy, unscientific and self-serving way most football managers in this country act. I've been a Senior Manager in a FTSE 100 company and , yes, to a large extent recruitment was upto me, but by Christ if I messed up, all hell would break loose and rightly so. Who pays the piper?
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 14:49 - Oct 1 with 1111 viewsLeonisGod

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 14:34 - Oct 1 by JJJack

Sorry, but that's horseshite. Show me an owner of a business that doesn't "meddle". Football Managers are often clueless, idiotic, self-serving clowns but "coz they've played the game, they know wot's happening innit?". If I owned a football club I'd make damn sure I "meddled" given the dodgy, unscientific and self-serving way most football managers in this country act. I've been a Senior Manager in a FTSE 100 company and , yes, to a large extent recruitment was upto me, but by Christ if I messed up, all hell would break loose and rightly so. Who pays the piper?

That's my point - the buck stops with him and he calls the shots. But, based on track record, he's not very good at calling those shots and gets involved in things he doesn't need to. That's the bad combination. The proof is in the pudding - look at the Cardiff accounts and where they sit in the league system and how that compares with when he took over. Some owners have the knack for making good decisions and and some don't. Even though he's not been in the game that long, it looks like Tan falls in the latter category.

Not that I really care. I'm just glad he's nowhere near a football team that I support.
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 14:54 - Oct 1 with 1102 viewssully49

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 14:02 - Oct 1 by Groo

It sounds like he allowed the manager to actually spend the money and be in charge of the financial negotiations. Then blamed him when he cocked up.

In my opinion the manager should be allowed to identify the targets but not actually buy. This should be done by someone who's experienced as a negotiator and knows the business.

It sounded as well that the manager did not understand that the money he was allowed to spend was to include all money out,including agents fees and salaries and spent taking in transfer fees only. Again a financial person would not have done this.

All this is Tan's fault, the buck has to stop at the top.

I wouldn't bet against that Tan has made money on this debacle, whilst Cardiff are left to pick up the pieces. Even if you blame the buff you read about Tan, he was the puppet master and they HAD to dance to his tune.
Chekski is in for the long term, Man U rebuilding from scratch, Liverpool are a living, breathing testament that 1 man can make a team.

Or our story, that you can reach the PL (promised land) how ever hard it is never give up trying. Remember the fans not the Tan's, they come and go, Swansea City will live on for the young supporters, as the next generation of fans, for and it's their children that will sing Hymns and Arias for another century

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 15:14 - Oct 1 with 1081 viewsJJJack

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 14:49 - Oct 1 by LeonisGod

That's my point - the buck stops with him and he calls the shots. But, based on track record, he's not very good at calling those shots and gets involved in things he doesn't need to. That's the bad combination. The proof is in the pudding - look at the Cardiff accounts and where they sit in the league system and how that compares with when he took over. Some owners have the knack for making good decisions and and some don't. Even though he's not been in the game that long, it looks like Tan falls in the latter category.

Not that I really care. I'm just glad he's nowhere near a football team that I support.

Ok, but he's a self-made billionaire so he's getting something right! He left the Chairman and Managers to get on with the football side and they let him down terribly buying a succession of useless £million+ buys culminating in that Norwegian striker farce. I take your point on League positions BUT tell me seriously that their squad isn't miles ahead of where it was when he took over? Marshall is worth millions alone. Then you have Pilkington, Maynard, Gunnarsson, Daehli, Macheda, Le Fondre, Dikagoi etc who must be worth £20-30m in all. All they really need is a sensible Manager. Hopefully Slade ISN'T that man.........
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 15:23 - Oct 1 with 1068 viewsLeonisGod

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 15:14 - Oct 1 by JJJack

Ok, but he's a self-made billionaire so he's getting something right! He left the Chairman and Managers to get on with the football side and they let him down terribly buying a succession of useless £million+ buys culminating in that Norwegian striker farce. I take your point on League positions BUT tell me seriously that their squad isn't miles ahead of where it was when he took over? Marshall is worth millions alone. Then you have Pilkington, Maynard, Gunnarsson, Daehli, Macheda, Le Fondre, Dikagoi etc who must be worth £20-30m in all. All they really need is a sensible Manager. Hopefully Slade ISN'T that man.........

There's quite a track record of successful business men struggling at football clubs though - the Venkys, Fernandez (ok QPR are back in the prem but don't exactly look settled), Marcus Evans (slowly getting there but has appointed badly). Cardiff should be doing better with their squad, that's for sure.
Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 15:36 - Oct 1 with 1051 viewsmonmouth

JJJack...."Then you have Pilkington, Maynard, Gunnarsson, Daehli, Macheda, Le Fondre, Dikagoi etc who must be worth £20-30m in all"

Mate...., no, ....words fail me....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 15:42 - Oct 1 with 1040 viewsUxbridge

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 15:14 - Oct 1 by JJJack

Not one of that shower you listed could cut it in the PL.

That's not to say your valuation is bunk, but if it's even close to accurate it's a damning indictment of the market rather than the quality of that lot. With the possible exception of Daehli to add to our U21 squad I wouldn't have any of them even training with our lot.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 15:48 - Oct 1 with 1021 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Being hugely successful in business doesn't necessarily mean you will be as successful at running a football club.

Huw Jenkins and Vincent Tan are poles apart as businessmen and are poles apart as football club decision makers.

If Tan is putting the wrong people in charge of running his football club then he's delegating poorly and has himself to blame.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 16:10 - Oct 1 with 996 viewsicecoldjack

Vincent Tan tells Sky he wants to sell Cardiff and wants to buy another UK club on 15:48 - Oct 1 by Joe_bradshaw

Being hugely successful in business doesn't necessarily mean you will be as successful at running a football club.

Huw Jenkins and Vincent Tan are poles apart as businessmen and are poles apart as football club decision makers.

If Tan is putting the wrong people in charge of running his football club then he's delegating poorly and has himself to blame.

Look , lets get this straight . Tan has delegated superbly well ! as a Massive Swans fan and true Jack VT has done everything he set out to do, he employed Exactly the right people at Cardiff and has got the rebrand spot on too.

I'd personally call him a fooking genius Jack B@rstardo myself .

His delegating has been spot on and given his friends down west constant laughs for the last two years.

I wont have a bad word said against him !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024