Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Tate scores 20:57 - Sep 30 with 4001 viewsGroo

for the opposition ... ooops

Groo does what Groo does best

Alan Tate scores on 23:35 - Sep 30 with 1360 viewsshimmie

Alan Tate scores on 23:30 - Sep 30 by Darran

I agree top fella too.

Agreed. Been on a few stag nights with him and hes a top, top lad.
Alan Tate scores on 23:42 - Sep 30 with 1337 viewsmorningstar

Alan Tate scores on 23:29 - Sep 30 by shimmie

He was our player of the season at right back in league 1, and played the majority of games under Sousa when we conceded f**k all in the championship. Not forgetting his 2 assists at left back in the game to get us into the prem. legend? All day long. Dire? Hang your head in f**king shame.

I bet you had a hard time splitting up with girlfriends didn't you? "C'mon babe, remember the good times!" Whilst she sitting there thinking "Yeah, they were few and far between!"
[Post edited 30 Sep 2014 23:48]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Alan Tate scores on 23:45 - Sep 30 with 1333 viewsmorningstar

Alan Tate scores on 23:33 - Sep 30 by C_jack

Wtf has Ian Callaghan got to do with Alan Tate?

Just saying that he had a better appearance rate here at the end of his career than Tate did in his prime! But I thought you would have grasped that the first time!

Alan Tate scores on 23:47 - Sep 30 with 1328 viewsmorningstar

Alan Tate scores on 23:30 - Sep 30 by Darran

I agree top fella too.

Stop being a mishy wishy mashy soppy tw*t! Great guy ye! Legend nope!

Alan Tate scores on 23:51 - Sep 30 with 1323 viewsLiberty

Alan Tate scores on 23:02 - Sep 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah, turning up for the start of the season grossly overweight is giving great service to the club.

He's been a loyal servant for the most part but I wouldn't use the word legend.

Tate has served Swans well over the years. He piss es black and white by all accounts.

What I find really funny is that the more you knock SCFC, the more Darr and Jacktwit stick up for you.

Stick around, because it makes those 2 look bigger fools, it is comedy gold.

You are the best wum on here, and made them look like a pair of tools.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Alan Tate scores on 23:53 - Sep 30 with 1320 viewsC_jack

Alan Tate scores on 23:45 - Sep 30 by morningstar

Just saying that he had a better appearance rate here at the end of his career than Tate did in his prime! But I thought you would have grasped that the first time!

Tate was ever present in the team from Sousa to the start of the PL. A significant period of over 80 games. So not only has Ian Callaghan's appearance rate got sod all to do with anything, it's not even a viable comparison for you to try and make sense of wtf you are talking about.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Alan Tate scores on 23:58 - Sep 30 with 1308 viewsmorningstar

Alan Tate scores on 23:51 - Sep 30 by Liberty

Tate has served Swans well over the years. He piss es black and white by all accounts.

What I find really funny is that the more you knock SCFC, the more Darr and Jacktwit stick up for you.

Stick around, because it makes those 2 look bigger fools, it is comedy gold.

You are the best wum on here, and made them look like a pair of tools.

If you read the thread I think you'll find Darran disagrees with Dwight?

Alan Tate scores on 00:01 - Oct 1 with 1303 viewsmorningstar

Alan Tate scores on 23:53 - Sep 30 by C_jack

Tate was ever present in the team from Sousa to the start of the PL. A significant period of over 80 games. So not only has Ian Callaghan's appearance rate got sod all to do with anything, it's not even a viable comparison for you to try and make sense of wtf you are talking about.

Ok, seeing as you don't get it, I'll go back to basics for you. 293 appearances in 12 years does not constitute a club legend!

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Tate scores on 00:31 - Oct 1 with 1277 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Alan Tate scores on 23:58 - Sep 30 by morningstar

Darran disagrees with most of what I say and I respect that. He doesn't abuse me for my opinions.

I think Alan Tate is very much an important player in Swansea City history and there are not many who I respect more than him in terms of contribution to the club, I just feel he isn't a 'Legend' and the praise he gets is over the top.

Someone earlier used an example of him running around a lot during that Scunthorpe game, if that is the sort of thing that grants Legend status then that is ludicrous.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Alan Tate scores on 03:01 - Oct 1 with 1240 viewsLord_Bony

Him and his wife Lyndsey are lovely people.

Stalwart of the club,played a big part in the meteoric rise since 2003.respect always.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Alan Tate scores on 08:10 - Oct 1 with 1169 viewsepaul

Alan Tate scores on 23:15 - Sep 30 by C_jack

Future generations will be able to watch 100's of Swansea players score goals at Stamford Bridge, Emirates etc (here's hoping, of course)

They'll be able to watch very few players show the heart and desire of one Alan Tate.

There'll not be manyplayers who hold a flag up with "f*ck off Cardiff" on it and there'll not be many who say "they don't like me and I don't like them" legend!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Alan Tate scores on 08:17 - Oct 1 with 1159 viewsPrivate_Partz

Alan Tate scores on 03:01 - Oct 1 by Lord_Bony

Him and his wife Lyndsey are lovely people.

Stalwart of the club,played a big part in the meteoric rise since 2003.respect always.

It was a golf buggy that did for Tatey's Prem career not lack of ability. Unfortunately when he recovered we already had more than adequate replacements and he could not get near the side. He is another player who suits the Swansea Way but fails to cut it at at a similar level elsewhere. I wish him all the best. One of the few players who actually show loyalty to a club and a legend for me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Alan Tate scores on 08:24 - Oct 1 with 1153 viewsacejack3065

Two assists in the playoff final, told Cardiff to f**k off in the Millennium stadium, put huge defensive shifts in for us in every division, only ever scored ridiculous screamers when he felt like it and completely immersed himself in what it was and is to be a jack.

He's what makes a Swansea City legend and I still dream of a Team of Alan Tates.
Alan Tate scores on 08:47 - Oct 1 with 1141 viewsDarran

Alan Tate scores on 23:58 - Sep 30 by morningstar

Thanks for pointing that out G but don't worry about Liberty he's got serious issues.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Alan Tate scores on 08:48 - Oct 1 with 1137 viewsDarran

Alan Tate scores on 00:31 - Oct 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Darran disagrees with most of what I say and I respect that. He doesn't abuse me for my opinions.

I think Alan Tate is very much an important player in Swansea City history and there are not many who I respect more than him in terms of contribution to the club, I just feel he isn't a 'Legend' and the praise he gets is over the top.

Someone earlier used an example of him running around a lot during that Scunthorpe game, if that is the sort of thing that grants Legend status then that is ludicrous.

Men are able to do that Dwight.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Alan Tate scores on 11:21 - Oct 1 with 1066 viewsAnotherJohn

Stalwart would be the word I'd use. As to who comes closest to the 'legend' tag among the players who made a large number of appearances for us since the 1970s, I'd say that Curt has as much of a claim as Robbie. For me, Leon, Garry Monk, Roger Freestone etcetera are also stalwarts, though GM could raise his status if he also comes to be remembered for his management,
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 18:25]
Alan Tate scores on 12:10 - Oct 1 with 1037 viewsJBT95

He was a legend as soon as he did this. Who else would have the balls (or maybe even be stupid enough!) to do this in the actual place!

Have had it as the background on my phone since I've had a colour screen! Legend!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 12:10]
Alan Tate scores on 12:13 - Oct 1 with 1031 viewsScoobyDoo

Alan Tate scores on 21:33 - Sep 30 by morningstar

I'm with you on this one Scoobs. Anyone who thinks Alan Tate is a legend must be a youngster. Done his bit for us and deserves his testimonial, but Legend? Not for me!

Oi there is only one Scoobs on here and that's me, the other one is a sad imposter! Ok.
Alan Tate scores on 12:30 - Oct 1 with 1014 viewsScoobyDoo

Alan Tate scores on 12:10 - Oct 1 by JBT95

He was a legend as soon as he did this. Who else would have the balls (or maybe even be stupid enough!) to do this in the actual place!

Have had it as the background on my phone since I've had a colour screen! Legend!

Only numpties like you would celebrate the disgraceful decimation of our National Flag which is being portrayed by an Englishman? Only in jackland Mind that jester's hat is quite apt for that t*at.
Alan Tate scores on 13:40 - Oct 1 with 972 viewsApeShit

Alan Tate scores on 12:10 - Oct 1 by JBT95

Funny as f*ck, but does not make him a legend.

Unprofessional maybe.
Alan Tate scores on 13:43 - Oct 1 with 969 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I remember being at a couple of the open top bus celebrations and when given the microphone numerous players started singing anti-Cardiff songs instead of anything pro-Swansea.

It sums up the mentality of the club and the fact many still find the flag thing hilarious speaks volumes.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Alan Tate scores on 13:51 - Oct 1 with 957 viewsSTEVE1

Alan Tate scores on 13:43 - Oct 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I remember being at a couple of the open top bus celebrations and when given the microphone numerous players started singing anti-Cardiff songs instead of anything pro-Swansea.

It sums up the mentality of the club and the fact many still find the flag thing hilarious speaks volumes.

I think that was mainly Tate or certainly instigated by it did not happen last time I think we have grown up as a club
Alan Tate scores on 14:07 - Oct 1 with 946 viewsMrSwerve

I don't know why it's suddenly become unacceptable to hate your rivals. Some have been moaning about this over the past year or so...if someone posts that they are losing, you get posters saying "who cares, are you obsessed?!"

Well, as well as our score, and the scores that affect us, I jump to the Cardiff score. I want to see if they are losing, and if they are, it's fantastic. I hate Cardiff and everything about the club. Just because we are above them doesn't mean that they are not our bitter rivals.

Nothing wrong with anti-Cardiff songs. The bulk of our chants are pro-Swansea chants. This is what rivalry is isn't it?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 14:09]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Alan Tate scores on 14:08 - Oct 1 with 945 viewsMrSwerve

Alan Tate scores on 13:43 - Oct 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Cardiff did the same about us on their open top bus.

It's rivalry.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Alan Tate scores on 18:19 - Oct 1 with 888 viewsScoobyDoo

Alan Tate scores on 14:07 - Oct 1 by MrSwerve

I don't know why it's suddenly become unacceptable to hate your rivals. Some have been moaning about this over the past year or so...if someone posts that they are losing, you get posters saying "who cares, are you obsessed?!"

Well, as well as our score, and the scores that affect us, I jump to the Cardiff score. I want to see if they are losing, and if they are, it's fantastic. I hate Cardiff and everything about the club. Just because we are above them doesn't mean that they are not our bitter rivals.

Nothing wrong with anti-Cardiff songs. The bulk of our chants are pro-Swansea chants. This is what rivalry is isn't it?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 14:09]

Absolutely mate, we slag you off and you slag us off. We have never defiled our National Flag to get at you especially with an Englishman. Only in Jackland?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024