Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! 12:44 - Oct 1 with 1950 viewsjacksinceever

He's reportedly worth $187 billion - about £1150 million.
He could buy us a stadium out of his loose change.
Shame he seems more interested in golf than football (and hanging onto his money!)
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 13:08 - Oct 1 with 1852 viewsscottishjack

Pretty sure at some point in the past he ruled out ever getting involved in football?

What's the phrase? "How do you make a wealthy man? Take a Very wealthy man and get him to buy a football club..."
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 13:16 - Oct 1 with 1800 viewsicecoldjack

Have i logged onto the Cardiff forum by mistake ??

I don't want us to be a club who relies on outside investment, im more than happy as we are and i don't even care if it means dropping out of the top flight either.
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 14:38 - Oct 1 with 1638 viewsCountyJim

He rebuffed any talk with the County years ago the man cant stand football
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 14:42 - Oct 1 with 1621 viewsLeonisGod

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 13:16 - Oct 1 by icecoldjack

I don't want us to be a club who relies on outside investment, im more than happy as we are and i don't even care if it means dropping out of the top flight either.

Unfortunately it seems that the board think differently.
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 14:55 - Oct 1 with 1576 viewsicecoldjack

If i was a betting man i'd say all this talk is more about deflecting recent flak they have been taking.

Just a nudge to fans maybe ? be thankful of what you have kinda thing.

Just a thought..
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 15:07 - Oct 1 with 1544 viewsPegojack

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 14:55 - Oct 1 by icecoldjack

If i was a betting man i'd say all this talk is more about deflecting recent flak they have been taking.

Just a thought..

Yeah, it's probably that, and not "Hang on, someone wants to buy my shareholding and turn me into a multi-millionaire!".
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 15:28 - Oct 1 with 1491 viewsLeonisGod

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 14:55 - Oct 1 by icecoldjack

Just a thought..

Have they been taking flak? They've been held up as the role model club by most of the media in the UK, subject of a film that's gone down a storm with critics. I think you'd struggle to find a club management structure that's held in higher regard (despite DYSS' rants). Most of the gripes on here are about queues for beer or led advertising boards or a slightly low-key approach (which isn't necessarily a bad thing imo).
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 15:49 - Oct 1 with 1413 viewsTummer_from_Texas

He's actually worth $1.87 billion. Those tricky decimals!

($187 billion would make him the richest person on Earth many times over. )

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Login to get fewer ads

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 16:51 - Oct 1 with 1311 viewsllareggub

dont think 187 billion would make him the richest man on earth ..................

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2370351/Manchester-City-owner-
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 17:14 - Oct 1 with 1244 viewsjacksinceever

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 15:49 - Oct 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

Aye so it is - almost as poor as you and me then!
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 17:17 - Oct 1 with 1233 viewsjacksinceever

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 13:16 - Oct 1 by icecoldjack

If someone rich does invest in the club in the future (and this post is just a tongue in cheek reaction to the articles in today's SWEP) I'd rather it be a guy who on the face of it seems genuine, has a connection with Swansea and would be unlikely to sell us down the river, rather than some of the cowboys we've had in the past or some of those who have been involved in Cardiff
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 17:47 - Oct 1 with 1169 viewsicecoldjack

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 15:28 - Oct 1 by LeonisGod

Have they been taking flak? They've been held up as the role model club by most of the media in the UK, subject of a film that's gone down a storm with critics. I think you'd struggle to find a club management structure that's held in higher regard (despite DYSS' rants). Most of the gripes on here are about queues for beer or led advertising boards or a slightly low-key approach (which isn't necessarily a bad thing imo).

I agree with your words and while I think they have done a great job there have been a few clangers, low key ones as you say but clangers that have upset a few just the same .

As I sad on the thread RE dineen. It's all gravy as far as I'm concerned but my opinion of all this take over stuff is jthat its just a bit of faff.

Time will tell on this one but I would be very surprised to see the people that run the club sell up or hand over an amount of control to a stranger, though it would nit surprise me if one or two may want to cash in.
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 17:48 - Oct 1 with 1167 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 16:51 - Oct 1 by llareggub

dont think 187 billion would make him the richest man on earth ..................

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2370351/Manchester-City-owner-

Bill Gates at $76 billion is the richest person in the world.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 19:02 - Oct 1 with 1014 viewsjacksinceever

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 17:48 - Oct 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

Have a word with him then - pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese!
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 19:12 - Oct 1 with 985 viewsOldjack

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 17:48 - Oct 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

Does he like soccer ? now this guy could shift mountains

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 19:16 - Oct 1 with 974 viewsllareggub

errr that link i posted estimates that sheik mansour has assets worth 400 billion thats aside from cash in the bank .......
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 19:28 - Oct 1 with 949 viewskarnataka

I don't think that conversion is right.

$187 billion would be about £115 billion, no? Think you're a factor of 100 out unless your starting point should have been $1.87 billion which sounds more plausible too.
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 19:38 - Oct 1 with 925 viewsjacksinceever

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 19:28 - Oct 1 by karnataka

I don't think that conversion is right.

$187 billion would be about £115 billion, no? Think you're a factor of 100 out unless your starting point should have been $1.87 billion which sounds more plausible too.

I Google'd how much he was worth and it said $187 billion which I then Google'd how much was $187 billion in sterling which gave me the answer.
At the time I didn't notice the decimal point between the 1 and the8 !
Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 22:08 - Oct 1 with 774 viewsScoobyWho

Sir Terry Matthews - Please Buy Us a Stadium! on 15:49 - Oct 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

Richer than Texas ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024