Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you welcome Investment 17:52 - Oct 1 with 1310 viewsmattjenkins1990

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Would you welcome Investment on 18:12 - Oct 1 with 1234 viewsOldjack

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-city-sale-club-hold-talks-Russia

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Would you welcome Investment on 18:31 - Oct 1 with 1198 viewsskippyjack

How many shares? If they've got more %age than the trust.. I'm not renewing.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Would you welcome Investment on 19:35 - Oct 1 with 1119 viewsjacksinceever

It depends from whom and for what reasons.
If it is just to allow those who currently run the club we love to walk away, making a massive profit and leaving the club in the hands of some foreign or British investor who cares about making money but cares not one jot about Swans, then it's a resounding no.
If the investor was to add quality and financial clout to those already there and was passionate about the club, then yes. I feel it would help us move onto the next level and establish ourselves long term as a Premier League team.
Personally I do not believe any of the current board would sell purely for profit, although the chance to walk away with possibly millions of profit on their investment would be very tempting and in some cases would probably set them and their families up for life.
Who are we to criticize?
Would you welcome Investment on 20:34 - Oct 1 with 1059 viewsmattjenkins1990

Would you welcome Investment on 19:35 - Oct 1 by jacksinceever

It depends from whom and for what reasons.
If it is just to allow those who currently run the club we love to walk away, making a massive profit and leaving the club in the hands of some foreign or British investor who cares about making money but cares not one jot about Swans, then it's a resounding no.
If the investor was to add quality and financial clout to those already there and was passionate about the club, then yes. I feel it would help us move onto the next level and establish ourselves long term as a Premier League team.
Personally I do not believe any of the current board would sell purely for profit, although the chance to walk away with possibly millions of profit on their investment would be very tempting and in some cases would probably set them and their families up for life.
Who are we to criticize?

spot on

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Would you welcome Investment on 20:38 - Oct 1 with 1050 viewsSwanzay

Investment yes with constraints and no majority share holding, New ownership NO
Would you welcome Investment on 00:16 - Oct 2 with 924 viewsJackoBoostardo

I think the question should be rephrased to:

Would you welcome the right kind of investment?

The 'right kind' being the pertinent word here!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Would you welcome Investment on 00:19 - Oct 2 with 915 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

People seem to be unclear regarding the word investment.

For example, that funeral company who have an advertisement on the electronic boards (Swansea Til I Die and After) are investing in the club with their return hopefully being an increase in business.

I'd welcome more commercial and sponsorship investment, I wouldn't be happy if we began selling shares to foreign investors though.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Would you welcome Investment on 00:21 - Oct 2 with 913 viewsDarran

Would you welcome Investment on 00:19 - Oct 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

For example, that funeral company who have an advertisement on the electronic boards (Swansea Til I Die and After) are investing in the club with their return hopefully being an increase in business.

I'd welcome more commercial and sponsorship investment, I wouldn't be happy if we began selling shares to foreign investors though.

That's a great post. (again)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Would you welcome Investment on 00:24 - Oct 2 with 907 viewsSwansNZ

Well said Dwight.

Investment for some sort of sponsorship/partnership is fine, but I’d not want part of the club to be sold in return for the investment.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 0:25]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Would you welcome Investment on 00:33 - Oct 2 with 893 viewsJackoBoostardo

There are a number of ways in which an "investor" can step into the current setup. A lot of people will clearly view this with suspicion after seeing what is happening with our six fingered cousins to our west.

Not 'all' investment is bad. However, I do understand that without investment, we may have no ambition.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Would you welcome Investment on 05:37 - Oct 2 with 841 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Exactly my thoughts. Right now, Jenkins has said he's looking into receiving foreign commercial investment, not selling shares of the ownership to foreign investors. If the Swans can get some foreign investors on board to advertise with us on the stadium and give us a shirt sponsorship deal better than our current one with GWFX, then that'd be splendid.

The club is well run as it is with its current owners. I wouldn't want foreigners to buy up ownership shares and start having a say over our club.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 5:38]

Come on you Swans.

Would you welcome Investment on 06:56 - Oct 2 with 796 viewswestx

There is a touch of romanticism about this thread and some alarming naivety.

There has been an article in the evening post basically saying we are looking at overseas investment. This won't be in the sum of few thousand for a scoreboard advert or an increased deal on shirt sponsorship these will be serious players with serious sums of money (£100m+ to invest)

For that they will not take a local based board running the club whilst mostly holding all the shares in the club they will want a chunk of the pie as a return on their investment and possibly a majority share

don't be fooled into thinking this is just an investment to them this is them looking to buy a chunk - and a not insignificant one at that - of the football club

for the poll you cannot possibly answer yes or no without knowing the terms of the investment - how many of those that answered yes for example would say yes if it meant that 75%+ ownership passed to these 'investors'

the evening post article was spin and nothing more to deflect away from the fact that a sale (or at least partial sale) is a very distinct possibility

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Would you welcome Investment on 10:08 - Oct 2 with 678 viewsCatullus

Fair point.

But if the investment was on the right terms, I'd be ok with it. It's very hard to take someone's money and get them to agree entirely to your terms though, if not impossible!!

So yes, but on the right terms......so probably no

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Would you welcome Investment on 10:21 - Oct 2 with 658 viewsUxbridge

If you can't define the investment, the poll is meaningless. We'd all welcome coming in and gifting the club £100m however that's not exactly a likely scenario.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Would you welcome Investment on 10:42 - Oct 2 with 637 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Would you welcome Investment on 06:56 - Oct 2 by westx

There is a touch of romanticism about this thread and some alarming naivety.

There has been an article in the evening post basically saying we are looking at overseas investment. This won't be in the sum of few thousand for a scoreboard advert or an increased deal on shirt sponsorship these will be serious players with serious sums of money (£100m+ to invest)

For that they will not take a local based board running the club whilst mostly holding all the shares in the club they will want a chunk of the pie as a return on their investment and possibly a majority share

don't be fooled into thinking this is just an investment to them this is them looking to buy a chunk - and a not insignificant one at that - of the football club

for the poll you cannot possibly answer yes or no without knowing the terms of the investment - how many of those that answered yes for example would say yes if it meant that 75%+ ownership passed to these 'investors'

the evening post article was spin and nothing more to deflect away from the fact that a sale (or at least partial sale) is a very distinct possibility

You're plucking figures straight out of your imagination which likely were concieved by Football Manager or similar.

There's very few clubs in the world who have had £100m of outside investment. Not even Manchester United, Arsenal etc get that.

Wake up.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Would you welcome Investment on 13:15 - Oct 2 with 541 viewshammy

There seems to be some confusion in recent threads regarding investment and share ownership. The shares of the club are held by individuals to a great extent and if these are sold then it is the shareholder / individual that will benefit. There is no direct investment in the club in this instance. As part of the sale of shares it may be possible to get a major benefactor to commit to invest a significant sum in the club in the form of sponsorships, loans, etc. (similar to Man Citeh, Chelski).

If this were to happen then the choice of investor(s), the number of shares they were sold and their future behaviour (potentially controlled via specific legal terms) would need to be carefully undertaken. I personally don't have a problem with the current board cashing in on some of their shareholding, but given the situation that caused them to get involved in the first place then you would hope that they would apply the required degree of due diligence during the sale process.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Would you welcome Investment on 13:39 - Oct 2 with 509 viewsSwanseajill

This is all supposition and what ifs.
Personally I honestly don't believe that the club, as it stands is not looking to sell shares, but are in fact looking for investors that can invest in many facets of ways into our club (our very successful club) for the future and continuing success of a premiership team. This of course is just my opinion.
The caliber of board members are here...yes for success , but also for the love of what is their baby of sorts.
Would you welcome Investment on 13:57 - Oct 2 with 490 viewsBatterseajack

Maybe the question should be rephrased, what or how much of the club are we prepared to hand over to investors?
Would you welcome Investment on 14:57 - Oct 2 with 434 viewswestx

Would you welcome Investment on 10:42 - Oct 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You're plucking figures straight out of your imagination which likely were concieved by Football Manager or similar.

There's very few clubs in the world who have had £100m of outside investment. Not even Manchester United, Arsenal etc get that.

Wake up.

So you are in agreement with what I said then that if they wanted to invest £100m it would be in exchange for ownership of a large proportion of the club.

Or did you not understand what was being said?

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024