Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Forum 19:45 - Oct 1 with 5854 viewsjackharris

6,000 new seats, starting early 2015. Club looking into leasing the stadium from the Council?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 19:59]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Trust Forum on 22:04 - Oct 1 with 2099 viewswestside

any grants/funding available from WAG/FAW/EU
Trust Forum on 22:26 - Oct 1 with 2005 viewsDewi1jack

Trust Forum on 22:04 - Oct 1 by westside

I think you can safely assume no from the 1st two, as they'll be buying Uncle Vinny out from their beloved club soon.
As for the EU, I think they chipped in for the original build and may be reluctant to invest in a well run business

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust Forum on 22:33 - Oct 1 with 1971 viewsUxbridge

Trust Forum on 21:51 - Oct 1 by Edmundo

The structural design and approvals was done a fair time ago.

So if we're to go ahead in Spring 2015, the steel would have to be under order now.

Lead times can be longish.

Designs changed and approvals are not complete.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Forum on 07:59 - Oct 2 with 1684 viewsEdmundo

Trust Forum on 22:33 - Oct 1 by Uxbridge

Designs changed and approvals are not complete.

I down to your 'depth of knowledge'

Thanks for update Ux!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Trust Forum on 08:20 - Oct 2 with 1638 viewsLohengrin

Trust Forum on 21:56 - Oct 1 by WarwickHunt

Great - a dyslexic has drawn up the contract.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Trust Forum on 08:23 - Oct 2 with 1630 viewsAngelRangelQS

You cant help but think we'll miss the boat with this one.
Trust Forum on 09:10 - Oct 2 with 1568 viewsUxbridge

Trust Forum on 07:59 - Oct 2 by Edmundo

I down to your 'depth of knowledge'

Thanks for update Ux!

You can thank Mr Jenkins. He said that in the forum last night

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Forum on 10:27 - Oct 2 with 1458 viewswhiterock

The ex-council leader said he would meet with Swansea City hierarchy within 100 days of Labour regaining office, he didn't. Lets hope this pleb has more about him.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Forum on 18:06 - Oct 2 with 1291 viewsjohnlangy

Where did 6000 come from ? The first extension was planned to be 4000. Have they revised it.
Trust Forum on 21:45 - Oct 2 with 1183 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Trust Forum on 08:23 - Oct 2 by AngelRangelQS

You cant help but think we'll miss the boat with this one.

We have missed the boat on this one, four years ago.
Trust Forum on 22:04 - Oct 2 with 1143 viewsAl_Bundy

Lip service unfortunately ...sick of reading about this subject. The club obviously don't see us long term in the Prem and 20K is enough.
Trust Forum on 22:31 - Oct 2 with 1088 viewsbluenile

Trust Forum on 20:01 - Oct 1 by blaenaugwentjack

Oh god not this again? They started talking about the move to the morfa from the vetch in the sixties, it took forty years for it to happen, the way its going with the expansion it will be another forty years.

60's???...........since when??............followed the club since 1954 (4 years of age), and news to me!!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Trust Forum on 10:12 - Oct 3 with 952 viewswhiterock

The McDonalds curve ball got the club to change its plans. McDonalds will happily move to the Morrisons site but the council want the Swans to pay for road lay-out changes and all legals, which has not gone down well with club, after all, the council voted it through.
Trust Forum on 10:22 - Oct 3 with 937 viewsWantagejack

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Extra-seats-added-Liberty-scheme/story-2

According to SWEP report on the Forum, would cost £32 million to buy stadium from Council - 'a non starter' says Huw.
Trust Forum on 10:52 - Oct 3 with 896 viewswhiterock

Don't think it would be that much but even at say £15m, where is the money coming from? you spend that on a stadium then your playing budget is zero and there's a fair chance of relegation, that's why its a non-starter
Trust Forum on 11:52 - Oct 3 with 773 viewsDyfnant

Trust Forum on 10:52 - Oct 3 by whiterock

Don't think it would be that much but even at say £15m, where is the money coming from? you spend that on a stadium then your playing budget is zero and there's a fair chance of relegation, that's why its a non-starter

Agree £3M per premiership season until it's paid off, owned proportionately until complete. See no significant advantage in owning it myself though

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Trust Forum on 13:00 - Oct 3 with 711 viewsjohnlangy

Trust Forum on 18:06 - Oct 2 by johnlangy

Where did 6000 come from ? The first extension was planned to be 4000. Have they revised it.

Got the answer to my own question from today's EP.
Trust Forum on 13:24 - Oct 3 with 679 viewsDewi1jack

Well at least planning permission has been granted.
Sorry if a known fact, I've been away.
Guessing that planning has been granted for every stage of the expansion, or is it going to be reapplied for, at every stage?
Let's get as many of the next generation of fans as we can through the turnstiles asap and ensure the future of our club.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust Forum on 14:08 - Oct 3 with 642 viewswestside

why can't WAG pay for the road into macdonalds when they've just found £30 million for a new road to cardiff bay ?
Trust Forum on 17:10 - Oct 3 with 579 viewsymaohyd

Trust Forum on 21:45 - Oct 2 by blaenaugwentjack

We have missed the boat on this one, four years ago.

How on earth did we miss the boat four years ago?

We get promoted..yes.

Projected cash coming in from TV money for being in the PL yes. Against that, huge bonuses paid to players for promotion and then a huge hike in players wages etc etc.

We bought a player last year for £15 mill! Making a huge statement of our intent to stay in this league and rightly so that didn't sit particularly easy with the board.

I'm not quite sure what people expect. First and foremost is investment in the quality of players necessary to keep us up. Next building an infrastructure that hopefully will be part of the club for many years to come..Landore/Fairwood tick.

Now we're at the stage that we are looking to extend because we have managed to stay up due to the above. However it still isn't an easy decision to make. Investing heavily on a stadium and then being relegated will always hold a huge fear for the board, there's no right or wrong in that.

Someone mentioned in another thread, relating to some on this forum that at times it's hard to imagine what planet some people are on.

We are a huge success story, a real fairytale. Yet in my opinion as a club in the grand scheme of things we are a nobody. Spent a great deal of our history in the lower leagues, yet some on here see us as being rivals of the clubs of the likes of Liverpool and being pretty disrespectful to Liverpool and other clubs of that ilk.

Yes we are a PL club and yes we should absolutely try every season to stick two fingers up at the hierarchy of established clubs, but lets keep it real.

Personally I wouldn't expand if it ever means jeopardizing our status as a PL club. It will always haunt the board i'm sure but for everything that has gone well that's the way things lie with the stadium. In an ideal world to get kids in now who will become Swans fans for life..absolutely but if it can't be worked out c'est la vie!

Where I would be slightly critical on the commercial side is the issue of the naming of the stadium etc. Am I right in thinking Liberty are a smallish local building company? From 2 yeas ago I would have thought that by now plans would have been at an advanced stage to pay Liberty off and to sell the rights to a much bigger concern and of course part pay for expansion. Perhaps I'm way off beam and naming rights would barely scratch the surface.

I'm sure the board have worked their backsides off on this matter and it's far easier said than done.

What I would say is that if investment is there I wouldn't hesitate extending. I'd extend to 40,000! I honestly think if size wasn't an issue we could average over 30,000 easy. Of that 30,000 many would obviously be the dreaded 'Plastics' and would only turn out for the 'big' games but in terms of bums on seats and the average at the end of the season, we'd easily average over 30,000.

For all that though, if the money isn't there, if a big time investor isn't there, I'm out. A huge shame but shi* happens!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Trust Forum on 17:26 - Oct 3 with 562 viewsymaohyd

Trust Forum on 22:04 - Oct 1 by westside

A good point.

FAW havn't got a pot to pish in.

EU are so entrenched in regulations I can't imagine that ever being a starter.

WAG though?!

Here we are in arguably the most watched, famous sporting league in the world, watched by millions across the world.

Not only that but we are a Welsh club, which again enhances our notoriety amid the situation. WAG I'm sure are all about selling Wales across the world and surely an argument can be put across to sell tickets to foreign companies looking to invest in Wales or for WAG to buy season tickets to offer as freebies to foreign investors (a condition set by WAG for part funding expansion)?!

We must be one of if not Wales' biggest success stories of modern times and an ideal opportunity to court foreign companies and as part of the 'courtship' invite 50 of the board of directors of Sony for the sake of argument, stay in Cardiff's finest hotels and bus them down to Swansea for a game!

Highly unlikely that WAG would see it like that, pigs might fly but surely a just argument. As someone pointed out the investment that WAG will be making on the re-routing of the M4. Why are they doing that? Above all else to attract investors/companies into Wales.

Are investrors/ companies going to invest because the Swans are in the Prem, obviously not, but as part of a drive to enhance Wales' name across the globe, selling a 'company' that more than any other apart from say Admiral shows what Wales can achieve, can't be a bad shout to provide some funding to enhance a Welsh company and a global brand that the Swans now are even further.

Trust Forum on 17:29 - Oct 3 with 557 viewsDr_Winston

Trust Forum on 17:26 - Oct 3 by ymaohyd

A good point.

WAG though?!

Here we are in arguably the most watched, famous sporting league in the world, watched by millions across the world.

Not only that but we are a Welsh club, which again enhances our notoriety amid the situation. WAG I'm sure are all about selling Wales across the world and surely an argument can be put across to sell tickets to foreign companies looking to invest in Wales or for WAG to buy season tickets to offer as freebies to foreign investors (a condition set by WAG for part funding expansion)?!

We must be one of if not Wales' biggest success stories of modern times and an ideal opportunity to court foreign companies and as part of the 'courtship' invite 50 of the board of directors of Sony for the sake of argument, stay in Cardiff's finest hotels and bus them down to Swansea for a game!

Highly unlikely that WAG would see it like that, pigs might fly but surely a just argument. As someone pointed out the investment that WAG will be making on the re-routing of the M4. Why are they doing that? Above all else to attract investors/companies into Wales.

Are investrors/ companies going to invest because the Swans are in the Prem, obviously not, but as part of a drive to enhance Wales' name across the globe, selling a 'company' that more than any other apart from say Admiral shows what Wales can achieve, can't be a bad shout to provide some funding to enhance a Welsh company and a global brand that the Swans now are even further.

I'd rather have no expansion at all than go cap in hand to the c*nts in Cardiff Bay for a subsidy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust Forum on 17:33 - Oct 3 with 539 viewsymaohyd

Trust Forum on 17:29 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

I'd rather have no expansion at all than go cap in hand to the c*nts in Cardiff Bay for a subsidy.

I'd let Vincent Tan shag my wife and let him display Malaysia all over the ground for a one off investment with no other strings attached if it meant the Swans gospel being spread even further!

Trust Forum on 17:36 - Oct 3 with 537 viewsGowerjack

Trust Forum on 17:26 - Oct 3 by ymaohyd

A good point.

WAG though?!

We're not the Capital though so it's a non starter.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Trust Forum on 17:42 - Oct 3 with 527 viewsymaohyd

Trust Forum on 17:36 - Oct 3 by Gowerjack

We're not the Capital though so it's a non starter.

I know and only hypothesising.

It would be very interesting though If Cardiff were in our situation without Tan's money and year on year developing into a global brand if WAG would see fit to part fund an extension for reasons I previously mentioned?!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024