Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just found this up the attic 10:10 - Oct 2 with 1601 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Just found this up the attic on 10:17 - Oct 2 with 1578 viewsSwanseajill

Ian Callaghan was just magic to watch. Especially from The Double Decker, where you could almost feel his intentions before he placed a perfect pass.

Nice bit of memorabilia Daz.
Just found this up the attic on 10:23 - Oct 2 with 1551 viewsDarran

Just found this up the attic on 10:17 - Oct 2 by Swanseajill

Ian Callaghan was just magic to watch. Especially from The Double Decker, where you could almost feel his intentions before he placed a perfect pass.

Nice bit of memorabilia Daz.

It's going to be auctioned for charity.

Just found this up the attic on 10:28 - Oct 2 with 1536 viewsSwanseajill

Just found this up the attic on 10:23 - Oct 2 by Darran

It's going to be auctioned for charity.

What charity, and where will the auction take place? I can see a lot of interest in that.
Is it really yours?
Just found this up the attic on 10:48 - Oct 2 with 1477 viewsDarran

Just found this up the attic on 10:28 - Oct 2 by Swanseajill

What charity, and where will the auction take place? I can see a lot of interest in that.
Is it really yours?

This one.

http://www.treeofhope.org.uk/go-felix/

Just found this up the attic on 10:50 - Oct 2 with 1469 viewsperchrockjack

Beautiful and Cally a real gent

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Just found this up the attic on 10:56 - Oct 2 with 1451 viewssuperswans1977

Just found this up the attic on 10:48 - Oct 2 by Darran

This one.

http://www.treeofhope.org.uk/go-felix/

My dad has the same one, i'll stick down a bid of £50 to start you off.
Just found this up the attic on 10:58 - Oct 2 with 1445 viewsDarran

Just found this up the attic on 10:56 - Oct 2 by superswans1977

My dad has the same one, i'll stick down a bid of £50 to start you off.

Is going to be auctioned on FB I'll post the link when it's up.

Just found this up the attic on 11:01 - Oct 2 with 1434 viewsDyfnant

What are the rough dimensions Daz

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Just found this up the attic on 11:09 - Oct 2 with 1415 viewsDarran

Just found this up the attic on 11:01 - Oct 2 by Dyfnant

What are the rough dimensions Daz

17 x 13.5 inches.

Just found this up the attic on 11:22 - Oct 2 with 1368 viewsDaiTheDrop

That was a fantastic time to be a Swans fan. Some great players there. Some coming to the end of their careers, others just blossoming. We scored loads and conceded just a few less!
Away games were great as the home side usually put a few extra thousand on their gate when we rolled into town and our support was good as well. Probably my favourite era of supporting the team including the present day as success for the Swans was all so new to me at the time!
Just found this up the attic on 11:54 - Oct 2 with 1322 viewsjacksinceever

Any idea why there are only 15 names and 18 names respectively in the two lists?
Thought we'd have used more than those in each of those seasons - maybe not though
Just found this up the attic on 12:51 - Oct 2 with 1239 viewsepaul

Just found this up the attic on 10:58 - Oct 2 by Darran

Is going to be auctioned on FB I'll post the link when it's up.

Reeco's put it up on FB, well done Pross

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Just found this up the attic on 15:09 - Oct 2 with 1089 viewsWatchman

Just found this up the attic on 11:22 - Oct 2 by DaiTheDrop

That was a fantastic time to be a Swans fan. Some great players there. Some coming to the end of their careers, others just blossoming. We scored loads and conceded just a few less!
Away games were great as the home side usually put a few extra thousand on their gate when we rolled into town and our support was good as well. Probably my favourite era of supporting the team including the present day as success for the Swans was all so new to me at the time!

argh yes back to back home games

Rotherham 4-4 ( after being 4-1 down)
Tranmere 4-3

None of this Sousaball nonsense

attack! attack! attack attack! attack!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Just found this up the attic on 16:44 - Oct 2 with 989 viewsDaiTheDrop

Loved evening games back then. Couldn't beat the atmosphere. I know it will sound crazy but you could taste, smell and touch the atmosphere. It used to crackle back then and that's no dig at the present day match experience, I just think it was a stage in my life which i don't can be replicated again. Double Decker with my father in those days. Best view in the ground. Loved the whole experience from parking in the Sandfields going to the St Helen's pub and having a coke to walking up to the ground and listening to the crowd already in.
Probably in a reflective mood and longing for the old days as it's six years tomorrow that my father died.
Anyway, sorry for the ramble!! Anyone else feel that way back then or is just me!?!?
Just found this up the attic on 16:54 - Oct 2 with 970 viewsDarran

Just found this up the attic on 16:44 - Oct 2 by DaiTheDrop

Loved evening games back then. Couldn't beat the atmosphere. I know it will sound crazy but you could taste, smell and touch the atmosphere. It used to crackle back then and that's no dig at the present day match experience, I just think it was a stage in my life which i don't can be replicated again. Double Decker with my father in those days. Best view in the ground. Loved the whole experience from parking in the Sandfields going to the St Helen's pub and having a coke to walking up to the ground and listening to the crowd already in.
Probably in a reflective mood and longing for the old days as it's six years tomorrow that my father died.
Anyway, sorry for the ramble!! Anyone else feel that way back then or is just me!?!?

I agree.
I just had a look in a box from up the attic and these were in it.

Just found this up the attic on 17:02 - Oct 2 with 953 viewsSwanseajill

Just found this up the attic on 16:44 - Oct 2 by DaiTheDrop

I know exactly how you felt.
Maybe those feelings are numbed in today's game which can be due to the never ending rules for a supporter of where to sit, don't stand up, don't walk the concourse while the media are there. No smoking or swearing...on and on.
In those days everyone mixed at the club, even the players drank after the game with the fans. It's all very sterilised now, but we all have to change with the times.
I do hope your Dad bought a raffle ticket off me at the turnstiles? I would be there nagging the fans, always 90 minutes before kick off.
Just found this up the attic on 17:05 - Oct 2 with 948 viewsSwanseajill

Just found this up the attic on 16:54 - Oct 2 by Darran

I agree.
I just had a look in a box from up the attic and these were in it.

I have the Autoglass badge that was added to the Swans shirts. Loved that weekend, one of my favourite memories.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024