Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England squad announcement 12.30 12:21 - Oct 2 with 5487 viewsDaithejack

What do you think? Is a current Swans player finally going to get a call up?

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:22 - Oct 2 with 3928 viewsLeonisGod

Routs - just to keep the press of his back
England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:24 - Oct 2 with 3921 viewsDaithejack

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:22 - Oct 2 by LeonisGod

Routs - just to keep the press of his back

Hope so mate

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:28 - Oct 2 with 3882 viewsmonmouth

If he does then he's a cowardly lump of sh1t and the whole thing is a farce. It would be purely driven through the press by GM, and now that we aren't winning all our games, that pressure has visibly reduced, so he'd be even more of a gimp.

Good luck to Routs, Dyer and Shelvey, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if I were them. Bloke's a charlatan, whether they deserve to be international players or not (and if they weren't swansea players I doubt anyone on here would be mentioning them in that context).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:36 - Oct 2 with 3825 viewsjackharris

Jonjo Shelvey is in
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 12:37]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:38 - Oct 2 with 3810 viewsmattjenkins1990

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:36 - Oct 2 by jackharris

Jonjo Shelvey is in
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 12:37]

Yup no routs or dyer though

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:40 - Oct 2 with 3774 viewsC_jack

Thank goodness.

Now we can end the tedious cries that Swansea players don't get recognised.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:41 - Oct 2 with 3753 viewsDaithejack

Whatever the reason for the call up, well done Jonjo lad, its was a big call to leave Liverpool to get game time and it looks like its paid off.

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:43 - Oct 2 with 3720 viewsClinton

That squad is really weak.Its strong enough to deal with Estonia and San Marino, but its just not in the same class as Germany or France for example.
Congrats to JJS nevertheless.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 12:44]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:46 - Oct 2 with 3684 viewsJJJack

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:43 - Oct 2 by Clinton

That squad is really weak.Its strong enough to deal with Estonia and San Marino, but its just not in the same class as Germany or France for example.
Congrats to JJS nevertheless.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 12:44]

The midfield is good but very weak at the back and up front. He's only named 21 which may have stopped Routledge gettingin.
England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:46 - Oct 2 with 3680 viewsfootball2301

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:41 - Oct 2 by Daithejack

Whatever the reason for the call up, well done Jonjo lad, its was a big call to leave Liverpool to get game time and it looks like its paid off.

the reason is he's better than the shit they got in midfield
England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:50 - Oct 2 with 3633 viewsswanduck

Tom Carroll called up for the U21's as well apparently.

Good luck to Shelvey but this really does stink of Roy giving into the pressure over Swansea players.
England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:52 - Oct 2 with 3598 viewsC_jack

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:50 - Oct 2 by swanduck

Tom Carroll called up for the U21's as well apparently.

Good luck to Shelvey but this really does stink of Roy giving into the pressure over Swansea players.

So if he doesn't get called up, it's because he plays for Swansea City.

If he gets called up, then it's only because someone told him to pick someone from Swansea.

Strange world.

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:54 - Oct 2 with 3586 viewsDaithejack

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:52 - Oct 2 by C_jack

If he gets called up, then it's only because someone told him to pick someone from Swansea.

Strange world.

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:56 - Oct 2 with 3550 viewsswanduck

Strange world.

Well no but you have to admit it is convenient that this happens in the first squad call up since the debacle over Roy never seeing the Swans.

It is not like JJS has been in amazing form either. IDC if Swans players get picked - on a selfish level I'd rather they weren't because club is far more important than country for me.

For our English players though (and obviously this applied to all nationalities) getting to play for their country is probably a dream and for that reason I am pleased for him.
England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:59 - Oct 2 with 3532 viewsQuakerJack

Strange world.

I can't believe you don't think that.

My brother in law thinks that and he's a Middlesbrough fan.

Hodgson has only ever been to one game at the liberty. Even when we played Liverpool last year on Monday night football, when he had naff all else to do, he still didn't come.

now he's thought he'll pick Jonjo and that'll shut us up... All three deserve to be called up, well done to Jonjo but this still takes the p1ss.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:02 - Oct 2 with 3506 viewsmattjenkins1990

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:56 - Oct 2 by swanduck

Well no but you have to admit it is convenient that this happens in the first squad call up since the debacle over Roy never seeing the Swans.

It is not like JJS has been in amazing form either. IDC if Swans players get picked - on a selfish level I'd rather they weren't because club is far more important than country for me.

For our English players though (and obviously this applied to all nationalities) getting to play for their country is probably a dream and for that reason I am pleased for him.

Id agree with this JJS is developing as a player but for me he shows a few signs of inexperience from time to time, making mistakes with back passes and getting caught in possession etc. The potential is there for sure and he is developing well into his role

For me the smart choice for Roy if he was looking to dismiss this not picking Swans players media scandal picking Dyer over Townsend, you only have to look at the Fantasy football points to work that one out

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:03 - Oct 2 with 3491 viewsLeonisGod

Strange world.

And when he doesn't play it will be what was the point, he would have been better off training with us.

(although I hope he does play though - Wilshire will probably withdraw injured)
England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:04 - Oct 2 with 3484 viewsC_jack

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:59 - Oct 2 by QuakerJack

I can't believe you don't think that.

My brother in law thinks that and he's a Middlesbrough fan.

Hodgson has only ever been to one game at the liberty. Even when we played Liverpool last year on Monday night football, when he had naff all else to do, he still didn't come.

now he's thought he'll pick Jonjo and that'll shut us up... All three deserve to be called up, well done to Jonjo but this still takes the p1ss.

We're Swansea City, we love a moan.

England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:04 - Oct 2 with 3478 viewscockett_jack

So proud, well done Jonjo and come on ENGLAND!

There's no please in some people on here, some of you must be hard wired to have something to moan about in life. Boring.
England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:09 - Oct 2 with 3436 viewsDaithejack

Bottom line is since Lampard and Gerrard have retired top quality English centre midfielders are a bit thin on the ground hence Fabian Delph being in the squad, if Jonjo comes in and takes his chance and plays well he could be in the squad for a long time even if he had just been called up due to media pressure.

England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:09 - Oct 2 with 3434 viewsQuakerJack

England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:04 - Oct 2 by C_jack

We're Swansea City, we love a moan.

So do you think James Milner, who probably hasn't played a combined total of 90 mins of league football all season, deserves a place over Nathan, who was touted as player of the month for august and has netted 3 this season and played every game?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:12 - Oct 2 with 3414 viewsfootball2301

England squad announcement 12.30 on 12:56 - Oct 2 by swanduck

he may not be in superb form buts he is and has been better than the rest of english midfielders just look at all the stats
England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:15 - Oct 2 with 3393 viewsC_jack

England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:09 - Oct 2 by QuakerJack

So do you think James Milner, who probably hasn't played a combined total of 90 mins of league football all season, deserves a place over Nathan, who was touted as player of the month for august and has netted 3 this season and played every game?

What? Milner has been awesome so far this season. He played the whole game against Arsenal and Chelsea.

England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:33 - Oct 2 with 3293 viewsJoe_bradshaw

England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:15 - Oct 2 by C_jack

What? Milner has been awesome so far this season. He played the whole game against Arsenal and Chelsea.

Indeed he has. He was outstanding against Chelsea in particular and was rightly named MOM.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:43 - Oct 2 with 3246 viewsDaithejack

England squad announcement 12.30 on 13:33 - Oct 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Indeed he has. He was outstanding against Chelsea in particular and was rightly named MOM.

And he can play in centre midfield as well....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024