Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? 23:42 - Oct 16 with 40263 viewsjackrabbit

You'd think so from all the pompous pontification dominating the airwaves in the last few days. Pompous-Prat-in-Chief, Nick Clegg piled in with his fourpennorth today and in true Cleggy style managed to sway me right over onto the side of Evans. I had not given it much thought or had an opinion before - I wasn't that aware of Evans either as a footballer or a person - but I decided to read about the case.

From what I understand he went bed pissed wth a pissed-up 19 year old and sex took place - there was no physical violence. I wasn't there so i don't know the precise details. There was another person involved but he got off relatively mildly - Evans received a hefty jail term.

Now having served his fairly hefty sentence, he is being threatened with denial of his right to earn a living by continuing his career.

Now rape is a foul and terrible crime. However I have problem with some of these situations being described as 'rape'. Without being crass, when does 'persuasive and persistent seduction' carry over into 'rape'? I always thought it was when it was accompanied by force or violence to get your way. I am so glad I'm an old fart and was young when I was young in the 60s and 70s.

Since time immemorial women (and men) have woken up, taken one look at the head on the pillow next to them and instantly regretted the night before. Usually it has been logged under 'big mistake - not to be repeated' and then the person has just gone away and carried on with life. Je ne regrette rien. There was a song about it. Now all too often there is the cry of 'RAPE!' And the inevitable court case. As I say I'm talking generally and not specifically about the Evans case, but I am uneasy about the vilification that's taking place and I certainly see no reason why he should not return to his day job, - playing football.

Let all those who have not had a pissed-up one-night stand with a pissed-up bird, cast the first stone.

I'm now going to brace myself for the abuse!
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 11:24 - Oct 23 with 2297 viewsUxbridge

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 11:18 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

We are Andrew, we are. I was actually supporting you,albeit in my sarcastic manner.
You didn't deserve that .

I m not sure about the specifics on the Everton game but Curbiita will fill you in but me and the fruit of my loins will be over early to make a day of it and to meet and greet.

You might still have my mobile so feel free to contact if you want to know what s on on in the city but you ve just missed a terrific exhibition on sixties musicians on tour, the Zip wire has been packed up and its a too early for the annual xmas ice rink.
I can and will recommend a pub that nobody else (swans) will find and its Liverpools best pub for atmosphere, drink and pizza.

Leave it for the Seals site..

And if driving up, do not take the motorway..up but take it for return..

Good stuff. I'll be in contact with M anyway.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 11:26 - Oct 23 with 2296 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 11:18 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

We are Andrew, we are. I was actually supporting you,albeit in my sarcastic manner.
You didn't deserve that .

I m not sure about the specifics on the Everton game but Curbiita will fill you in but me and the fruit of my loins will be over early to make a day of it and to meet and greet.

You might still have my mobile so feel free to contact if you want to know what s on on in the city but you ve just missed a terrific exhibition on sixties musicians on tour, the Zip wire has been packed up and its a too early for the annual xmas ice rink.
I can and will recommend a pub that nobody else (swans) will find and its Liverpools best pub for atmosphere, drink and pizza.

Leave it for the Seals site..

And if driving up, do not take the motorway..up but take it for return..

Looking forward to this. I'm planning on wearing my black leather hotpants and Jesus sandals so hope it's not too cold by then.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 11:33 - Oct 23 with 2288 viewsUxbridge

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 11:26 - Oct 23 by Curcubita_Ultra

Looking forward to this. I'm planning on wearing my black leather hotpants and Jesus sandals so hope it's not too cold by then.

Well, when in Liverpool ....

5 ... 4 ...

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 13:18 - Oct 23 with 2243 viewsJackSomething

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 10:37 - Oct 23 by Shaky

You know what it's funny, but with all the attention LyingLisa has been heaping on herself, it had almost slipped my mind how much of a low-grade bullshit merchant you really are.

"Giving this place a wide berth lately" -- Is that what you call not having posted in the preceding 24 hours?

"Jacko tipping me off to this thread" -- despite you having posted in it no less than 9 times last Friday. Bit of brain rot creeping in there perhaps, old boy?

I must admit one thing that has eluded me is the reason for Team W@ank's ongoing last ditch defence of LyingLisa. Of course your credibility - such as it is - is undoubtedly tied to her, but it seems to me there must be something else.

I had assumed that unless there was some sort of time-bubbled enclave in South Wales I was unaware of, where the entire population has adopted a pretentious manner of speech consistent with a pre-war RAF barracks, that your emotionally retarded phoney personality was incompatible with Lisa's liberated and free flowing lying.

But of course the similarity is that both of you will never, ever admit you have been caught out. It is merely the defence tactics that differ: Lisa continues to spin increasingly far-fetched bullshit, while you retreat behind your faux old boy persona, pretending to be bored and above the fray. Hmmmmm.

As for JS, I had always assumed he was a genuine individual, but his most recent contributions have shown him to be inserted so far up your arse, that his mouth has somehow become engaged with your vocal chords.

FFS grow a pair and act like a man, JS, and try to develop your own personality rather than engage in the wholesale appropriation of another's that is itself entirely manufactured and cliche derived. You're a f*cking embarrassment to yourself.

I think rattled was too mild a description.

As for your last paragraph, thank you. Coming from you, that's something I take as a huge endorsement.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 13:40 - Oct 23 with 2222 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 13:18 - Oct 23 by JackSomething

I think rattled was too mild a description.

As for your last paragraph, thank you. Coming from you, that's something I take as a huge endorsement.

You can always tell when he's completely lost the plot when he starts referring to me incessantly as lyinglisa

He thinks it winds me up, but far from it - at that point I know he's hurting and it's funny.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 15:16 - Oct 23 with 2174 viewsShaky

Photo news: Team W@nk training exclusive

[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 15:23]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 15:29 - Oct 23 with 2160 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 15:16 - Oct 23 by Shaky

Photo news: Team W@nk training exclusive

[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 15:23]

what with looking financial or legal facts up, getting 'amusing' pictures and posting your underground, I'm so trendy it hurts, songs, it's a good job that google don't charge per use isn't it ...
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 15:47 - Oct 23 with 2139 viewsperchrockjack

Its very mild at the moment Mike so it ll be fine.
I might wear something tidy but I need to find a black and white cravat

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 19:33 - Oct 23 with 2080 viewsjackonicko

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 15:47 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

Its very mild at the moment Mike so it ll be fine.
I might wear something tidy but I need to find a black and white cravat

A black and white cravat?

That's pretty much three separate PS themes from recent weeks all summarised in one picture....
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 19:42 - Oct 23 with 2070 viewsperchrockjack

Lovely

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 13:46 - Oct 24 with 1992 viewsSpratty

Sorry Shaky meant to post this when you all but rubbished circumstantial evidence

"The notion that one cannot be convicted on circumstantial evidence is, of course, false. Most criminal convictions are based on circumstantial evidence, although it must be adequate to meet established standards of proof."

I am surprised you have not been on the ISIS thread
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 13:43 - Nov 11 with 1876 viewsskippyjack

Back training with Sheffield United... opinions?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:07 - Nov 11 with 1865 viewsacejack3065

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 13:43 - Nov 11 by skippyjack

Back training with Sheffield United... opinions?

Shame on them.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 17:31 - Nov 11 with 1808 viewsacejack3065

The finest legal minds up the road have declared the dirty f*cking rapist innocent. Beggars belief they are thick.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150298

I knew Sheffield UTD wouldn't wait for the storm to subside before bringing him back on board. Shameless behaviour.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 16:36 - Nov 12 with 1741 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:07 - Nov 11 by acejack3065

Shame on them.

I see that their shirt sponsors have said today they'll pull out if he is resigned.

Unfortunately, the only thing in this world which seems to have an effect any longer is money, so doubtless Sheffield Utd will shortly have a rethink and release some type of self serving statement which will imply an attack of morality after listening to fans etc but will actually be as a result of a sudden drop in their commercial income.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 16:52 - Nov 12 with 1725 viewsLohengrin

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 16:36 - Nov 12 by londonlisa2001

I see that their shirt sponsors have said today they'll pull out if he is resigned.

Unfortunately, the only thing in this world which seems to have an effect any longer is money, so doubtless Sheffield Utd will shortly have a rethink and release some type of self serving statement which will imply an attack of morality after listening to fans etc but will actually be as a result of a sudden drop in their commercial income.

The shirt sponsors are John Holland, Lisa. Second-hand car salesmen. An unlikely standard-bearer for ethics and morality.

Do you think I'm being overly cynical if I said I could easily imagine them having a smoke and a cup of tea in the showroom canteen crowing about the boss's idea. "We'll have birds queueing around the block to buy from us after all this publicity. Day's will be tamping."

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 16:59 - Nov 12 with 1715 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 16:52 - Nov 12 by Lohengrin

The shirt sponsors are John Holland, Lisa. Second-hand car salesmen. An unlikely standard-bearer for ethics and morality.

Do you think I'm being overly cynical if I said I could easily imagine them having a smoke and a cup of tea in the showroom canteen crowing about the boss's idea. "We'll have birds queueing around the block to buy from us after all this publicity. Day's will be tamping."

no - it wouldn't surprise me at all. But still, if a bunch of second hand car salesmen are prepared to take a higher moral ground than the football club, it doesn't say much for the football club does it, whatever the dubious reasons for the decision being made.

This is a cowardly way, in my opinion, of the football club testing the waters of public reaction without actually being seen to make a decision.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 17:12 - Nov 12 with 1707 viewsUxbridge

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 16:59 - Nov 12 by londonlisa2001

no - it wouldn't surprise me at all. But still, if a bunch of second hand car salesmen are prepared to take a higher moral ground than the football club, it doesn't say much for the football club does it, whatever the dubious reasons for the decision being made.

This is a cowardly way, in my opinion, of the football club testing the waters of public reaction without actually being seen to make a decision.

I suspect it says more about their concerns on how it reflects on their business than any moral objection on their part, but then I'm a bit cynical.

Totally agree on Sheff Utd's actions though. Total cop out.

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 17:42 - Nov 12 with 1687 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 17:12 - Nov 12 by Uxbridge

I suspect it says more about their concerns on how it reflects on their business than any moral objection on their part, but then I'm a bit cynical.

Totally agree on Sheff Utd's actions though. Total cop out.

oh I agree with your cynicism! As I said originally - the only thing that seems to matter any more is the effect on the bottom line! It's also the case I believe, that the majority of 'car' decisions are taken by women rather than men so I've little doubt that they perceive a business rather than moral risk. Still - every little helps as they say :-)
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 19:45 - Nov 12 with 1651 viewsC_jack

What is the name of the sponsor that is pulling out again?

Have a think about it.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2014 19:47]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 20:40 - Nov 12 with 1546 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 19:45 - Nov 12 by C_jack

What is the name of the sponsor that is pulling out again?

Have a think about it.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2014 19:47]

I think you may be confusing it with John something else?
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 20:48 - Nov 12 with 1537 viewsC_jack

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 20:40 - Nov 12 by londonlisa2001

I think you may be confusing it with John something else?

I'm not confusing anything.

The sponsor doesn't give a toss about Ched Evans, they're simply taking advantage of what is a massive tap in, in regards to free publicity.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2014 20:48]

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 21:14 - Nov 12 with 1516 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 20:48 - Nov 12 by C_jack

I'm not confusing anything.

The sponsor doesn't give a toss about Ched Evans, they're simply taking advantage of what is a massive tap in, in regards to free publicity.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2014 20:48]

I thought you were making a specific reference to the name? Sorry if I misunderstood.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 19:35 - Nov 13 with 1422 viewslondonlisa2001

I note that Jess Ennis has now said that she wants her name removed from their main stand which is named after her if he is resigned.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 20:35 - Nov 13 with 1394 viewsC_jack

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 19:35 - Nov 13 by londonlisa2001

I note that Jess Ennis has now said that she wants her name removed from their main stand which is named after her if he is resigned.

Delightful news. What business she has with a football stand is anyone's guess.

You carry on with your petty quips though. Tomorrow the groundsman will be refusing to cut the grass if Ched steps on it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024