Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? 23:42 - Oct 16 with 39963 viewsjackrabbit

You'd think so from all the pompous pontification dominating the airwaves in the last few days. Pompous-Prat-in-Chief, Nick Clegg piled in with his fourpennorth today and in true Cleggy style managed to sway me right over onto the side of Evans. I had not given it much thought or had an opinion before - I wasn't that aware of Evans either as a footballer or a person - but I decided to read about the case.

From what I understand he went bed pissed wth a pissed-up 19 year old and sex took place - there was no physical violence. I wasn't there so i don't know the precise details. There was another person involved but he got off relatively mildly - Evans received a hefty jail term.

Now having served his fairly hefty sentence, he is being threatened with denial of his right to earn a living by continuing his career.

Now rape is a foul and terrible crime. However I have problem with some of these situations being described as 'rape'. Without being crass, when does 'persuasive and persistent seduction' carry over into 'rape'? I always thought it was when it was accompanied by force or violence to get your way. I am so glad I'm an old fart and was young when I was young in the 60s and 70s.

Since time immemorial women (and men) have woken up, taken one look at the head on the pillow next to them and instantly regretted the night before. Usually it has been logged under 'big mistake - not to be repeated' and then the person has just gone away and carried on with life. Je ne regrette rien. There was a song about it. Now all too often there is the cry of 'RAPE!' And the inevitable court case. As I say I'm talking generally and not specifically about the Evans case, but I am uneasy about the vilification that's taking place and I certainly see no reason why he should not return to his day job, - playing football.

Let all those who have not had a pissed-up one-night stand with a pissed-up bird, cast the first stone.

I'm now going to brace myself for the abuse!
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 12:46 - Oct 19 with 2504 viewsraynor94

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 11:46 - Oct 19 by swanny

I hope they double his sentence an haul him back inside.

Well said swanny, what's going on now is very unedifying

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 12:51 - Oct 19 with 2496 viewsSpratty

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 12:37 - Oct 19 by swanny

...aaah - but you are pre supposing football supporters to be rational, whereas the most rational and thoughtful of individuals may be prone to one eyed blindness when it comes to football.

Doesn't make them bad people.

It does if they continually harass and abuse other people for every comment no matter how innocent or reasonable. More especially when in a position of power and abuse that power.

I am not supposing. As a long term football supporter of this club, a long term season ticket holder and regular away supporter I think I was entitled as any to my opinion without continual and sustained abuse.

Such behaviour IMHO is abusive and should not be supported by reasonable people who regard abuse as unacceptable.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 12:52 - Oct 19 with 2489 viewsswanny

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 12:51 - Oct 19 by Spratty

It does if they continually harass and abuse other people for every comment no matter how innocent or reasonable. More especially when in a position of power and abuse that power.

I am not supposing. As a long term football supporter of this club, a long term season ticket holder and regular away supporter I think I was entitled as any to my opinion without continual and sustained abuse.

Such behaviour IMHO is abusive and should not be supported by reasonable people who regard abuse as unacceptable.

*sigh* ok

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 13:05 - Oct 19 with 2467 viewsskippyjack

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 12:37 - Oct 19 by swanny

...aaah - but you are pre supposing football supporters to be rational, whereas the most rational and thoughtful of individuals may be prone to one eyed blindness when it comes to football.

Doesn't make them bad people.

If you're looking at it in a rational 'older' 'experienced' viewpoint.. he didn't rape her.. it was a moment of young drunken stupidity on all parts.. it's not as if he purposely went out to 'hurt' the girl.. he thought he'd be a clever tw*t and get his mates to film it all.. I'd put it down as..

Inexperienced stupidity while intoxicated on all parts.. does he deserve to play football?.. Well other people have had the injustice of this sort.. so you know.. but the thing that should go in Evans favour... the aftermath..

The Victim apparently started boasting after the verdict.. the most astonishing one is his girlfriend.. she's actually gone on TV and papers pleading his innocence.. you know what the motive behind that is... Money.. That's all women are driven by in this day and age.. especially young ones.. when they get older.. they'll learn a lot more.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 13:51 - Oct 19 with 2422 viewsperchrockjack

Skippy.
Frankly, that s incredible and I was going to respond but not sure if I can or want to.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:06 - Oct 19 with 2399 viewsskippyjack

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 13:51 - Oct 19 by perchrockjack

Skippy.
Frankly, that s incredible and I was going to respond but not sure if I can or want to.

I'm not defending Evans.. if the reports are correct that she couldn't remember anything from the kebab shop.. why wasn't the other bloke charged.. plus her apparent 'boasting' of the ordeal afterwards.. but I don't know the facts.. Evans is pleading his innocence.. but I'm not the law...

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:10 - Oct 19 with 2396 viewsjackonicko

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:06 - Oct 19 by skippyjack

I'm not defending Evans.. if the reports are correct that she couldn't remember anything from the kebab shop.. why wasn't the other bloke charged.. plus her apparent 'boasting' of the ordeal afterwards.. but I don't know the facts.. Evans is pleading his innocence.. but I'm not the law...

Can I suggest you go read them then. And not from Ched Evans website. The summary from the court of appeal is only about 10 pages and easily accessible from Google.

I'm with Perch. That is frankly incredible.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:16 - Oct 19 with 2385 viewsskippyjack

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:10 - Oct 19 by jackonicko

Can I suggest you go read them then. And not from Ched Evans website. The summary from the court of appeal is only about 10 pages and easily accessible from Google.

I'm with Perch. That is frankly incredible.

I can't find it

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:22 - Oct 19 with 2373 viewsShaky

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:16 - Oct 19 by skippyjack

I can't find it

Neither can I.

Link please, noclue.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:23 - Oct 19 with 2361 viewsSpratty

This was the link I posted right near the start if that is the one

Click on the full transcript button

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:24 - Oct 19 with 2356 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:16 - Oct 19 by skippyjack

I can't find it

may I respectfully suggest then that you try to refrain from making sweeping judgements about rape, innocence or guilt and the motives of all women until you are least competent enough to be able to use google?
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:25 - Oct 19 with 2355 viewsperchrockjack

Just as well we weren't around for the Nuremberg trials

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:25 - Oct 19 with 2353 viewsShaky

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 11:46 - Oct 19 by swanny

I hope they double his sentence an haul him back inside.

i personally hope to find a pixie in my garden tomorrow morning, with a silk purse containing an inexhaustible supply of fresh £50 notes I can dispose over at my sole discretion.

And objectively speaking, the odds of my hope turning into reality are significantly shorter than on yours; FACT!

Misology -- It's a bitch

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:27 - Oct 19 with 2348 viewsjackonicko

Thanks, Spratty.

If you put the words Ched, Evans and Judgment into the Google search bar, it's the first response that comes up. I wonder how some people even manage to get dressed by themselves sometimes.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:28 - Oct 19 with 2345 viewsShaky

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:23 - Oct 19 by Spratty

This was the link I posted right near the start if that is the one

Click on the full transcript button

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

Yes, I've seen that and very interesting it is too, but clearly not the document containing the "summary from the court of appeal" that noclue unequivocally refers to.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:28 - Oct 19 with 2344 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:25 - Oct 19 by perchrockjack

Just as well we weren't around for the Nuremberg trials

You'd have had a lot on here believing that the best place for info would have been 'adolf.com' and that the court showed a strongly provincial attitude to the ways in which the Nazis of the 1930s and 40s liked to behave on a p*ssed up night out.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:29 - Oct 19 with 2339 viewsjackonicko

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:28 - Oct 19 by Shaky

Yes, I've seen that and very interesting it is too, but clearly not the document containing the "summary from the court of appeal" that noclue unequivocally refers to.

Did you click the 'full transcript' button like Spratty suggested?

It's not that hard you know.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:30 - Oct 19 with 2334 viewsShaky

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:27 - Oct 19 by jackonicko

Thanks, Spratty.

If you put the words Ched, Evans and Judgment into the Google search bar, it's the first response that comes up. I wonder how some people even manage to get dressed by themselves sometimes.

Got it.

So when you pompously referred to the "summary from the court of appeal" you were just making up some important sounding bullshit to make yourself sound superior and highly knowledgeable. W@nker that you are.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:32 - Oct 19 with 2329 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:29 - Oct 19 by jackonicko

Did you click the 'full transcript' button like Spratty suggested?

It's not that hard you know.

it may be after the Wolf of Wall Street has spent the last 12 hours on a drug induced haze of non provincial depravity to be fair...
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:32 - Oct 19 with 2326 viewsSpratty

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:25 - Oct 19 by Shaky

i personally hope to find a pixie in my garden tomorrow morning, with a silk purse containing an inexhaustible supply of fresh £50 notes I can dispose over at my sole discretion.

And objectively speaking, the odds of my hope turning into reality are significantly shorter than on yours; FACT!

Now that is a delightful image
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:38 - Oct 19 with 2310 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:32 - Oct 19 by Spratty

Now that is a delightful image

It's about as real as most of the stuff that Wolfie posts on here.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:39 - Oct 19 with 2308 viewsSpratty

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:30 - Oct 19 by Shaky

Got it.

So when you pompously referred to the "summary from the court of appeal" you were just making up some important sounding bullshit to make yourself sound superior and highly knowledgeable. W@nker that you are.

Or oooops sorry did not press the full transcript button as instructed
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:45 - Oct 19 with 2296 viewsjackonicko

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:30 - Oct 19 by Shaky

Got it.

Aw. Wolfie is a little bit rattled.

Nothing on the content either. We'll have to start referring to you as Shaky of the Blarney, rather than Shaky of the Bailey. So much obfuscation, so much noise, so little light.
Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:47 - Oct 19 with 2291 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:06 - Oct 19 by skippyjack

"boasting"?
Care to provide any evidence to support that claim?

That's something Evans' sister and girlfriend have claimed. They also claimed the victim was money grabbing despite the fact the victim has given precisely zero interviews since the event.

As others have said, read the facts rather than the self serving bs the Evans family put out. Preserving the earning potential of their meal ticket is their priority.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Ched Evans - is he the evil incarnate? on 14:47 - Oct 19 with 2290 viewsskippyjack

Still not conclusive.. and jackonicko.. you have no idea.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024