Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A quote from Lawro 06:20 - Oct 17 with 2898 viewssomersetsimon

He predicts a 2-1 win for Stoke and says:

"For me, both of these sides will end up near the top of the bottom half of the table. I have not seen anything from either of them so far to suggest they can aim much higher than that"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29646873

A quote from Lawro on 07:30 - Oct 17 with 2273 viewsJethroJack

I wonder how often the old fool has seen us play? Probably fewer times than Roy.
A quote from Lawro on 08:51 - Oct 17 with 2136 viewsraynor94

Here we go again, thank god it's Friday, he's predicting a result that all the bookies are going for, and as for the quote, it's pretty much spot on, but don't let that stop you

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A quote from Lawro on 08:54 - Oct 17 with 2130 viewsWarwickHunt

A quote from Lawro on 08:51 - Oct 17 by raynor94

Here we go again, thank god it's Friday, he's predicting a result that all the bookies are going for, and as for the quote, it's pretty much spot on, but don't let that stop you

It's coz we is Welsh, innit.
A quote from Lawro on 09:01 - Oct 17 with 2116 viewsepaul

A quote from Lawro on 08:54 - Oct 17 by WarwickHunt

It's coz we is Welsh, innit.

It's just banter innit

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

A quote from Lawro on 09:16 - Oct 17 with 2072 viewsJackSomething

Looking at the link, it also seems he had his best ever weekend in the last set of fixtures, nine correct results (four of them correct scores too) and only a last-minute equaliser stopped him getting them all right.

Still, a thread on a Friday complaining about Lawro is tradition.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

A quote from Lawro on 09:29 - Oct 17 with 2048 viewsmonmouth

I can't for the life of me see the problem here. A narrow win for that orrible bunch up there is the most likely outcome, and 'top of the bottom half' is 11th or 10th isn't it? Around our most probable position. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone without a bias either way to say anything different.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A quote from Lawro on 09:31 - Oct 17 with 2038 viewsJack_Meoff

A quote from Lawro on 09:29 - Oct 17 by monmouth

I can't for the life of me see the problem here. A narrow win for that orrible bunch up there is the most likely outcome, and 'top of the bottom half' is 11th or 10th isn't it? Around our most probable position. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone without a bias either way to say anything different.

How very dare you bring common sense into our persecution complex mun!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

A quote from Lawro on 09:49 - Oct 17 with 1989 viewsicecoldjack

Away at stoke and 90 % of pundits would go for a home win IMO .

I got nothing against lawro, but Barry Horne...jeez !

Hope he isn't commenting on this one!
Login to get fewer ads

A quote from Lawro on 09:56 - Oct 17 with 1973 viewsSpratty

Was hoping we might get a 1-2 win given their outs, but was forgetting Shelvey was out which will restrict our physical presence.

However still remembering that first half against Chelsea - but Stoke a very different animal.

Still think Bartley may help where strength and power needed
A quote from Lawro on 10:02 - Oct 17 with 1953 viewsUxbridge

Quite right. The poor lad can't even give us a backhanded compliment without people jumping down his throat. Fancy little old us being seen as a mainstay of the PL.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

A quote from Lawro on 10:22 - Oct 17 with 1905 viewsQuakerJack

Not confident going there in all honesty, but we need to win. No win in four then after Leicester we have a difficult November run of games.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

A quote from Lawro on 10:31 - Oct 17 with 1875 viewsJackSomething

A quote from Lawro on 10:22 - Oct 17 by QuakerJack

Not confident going there in all honesty, but we need to win. No win in four then after Leicester we have a difficult November run of games.

4 points from the next two games would set us up quite nicely for a tough November. No guarantee in either game though, Leicester have been pretty tasty so far.

A quote from Lawro on 10:49 - Oct 17 with 1837 viewsicecoldjack

Hopefully leicster will be due a shocker! They look like a difficult team to play against, I will be there for that one so fingers crossed for a win!
A quote from Lawro on 10:54 - Oct 17 with 1815 viewssomersetsimon

So you would agree that you've seen nothing from the Swans that suggests we should aim higher than 11th?
A quote from Lawro on 11:04 - Oct 17 with 1791 viewsJackSomething

A quote from Lawro on 10:54 - Oct 17 by somersetsimon

So you would agree that you've seen nothing from the Swans that suggests we should aim higher than 11th?

Of course we should aim higher, but 3 wins followed by 2 defeats and 2 draws sounds like mid-table form to me.

A quote from Lawro on 11:08 - Oct 17 with 1775 viewsraynor94

A quote from Lawro on 10:54 - Oct 17 by somersetsimon

To finish eleventh would be a fantastic achievement, of course you aim higher, but in reality I can't see us finishing in the top eleven

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A quote from Lawro on 11:49 - Oct 17 with 1703 viewsOldjack

Keep that stick insect in check and i feel we'll get a result

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

A quote from Lawro on 12:14 - Oct 17 with 1659 viewsMagicDaps

There wouldn't be a problem if he'd say that he thinks we're likely to finish at the top of the bottom half of the table.

To suggest that he hasn't seen anything in us to think we could possibly finishing 8th-10th based on our performances this season is ridiculous.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

A quote from Lawro on 12:36 - Oct 17 with 1607 viewsSweyns_Eye

For all our seasons in the premier league, Lawro consistently marks us down to lose more matches than we win. You look at all of his prediction tables and he thinks we'll perform worse than we actually do. Its puzzling, it suggests to me that he doesn't 'get' us.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

A quote from Lawro on 12:38 - Oct 17 with 1603 viewsPrivate_Partz

A quote from Lawro on 12:14 - Oct 17 by MagicDaps

There wouldn't be a problem if he'd say that he thinks we're likely to finish at the top of the bottom half of the table.

To suggest that he hasn't seen anything in us to think we could possibly finishing 8th-10th based on our performances this season is ridiculous.

I agree with this. He is being a tad harsh I think. We have had some very good results and most of our defeats could easily have gone the other way. Chelsea not being one of them. It is still too early to tell but it could go either way and some of our performances have suggested we may even improve on last season.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

A quote from Lawro on 13:18 - Oct 17 with 1504 viewsApeShit

A quote from Lawro on 12:36 - Oct 17 by Sweyns_Eye

For all our seasons in the premier league, Lawro consistently marks us down to lose more matches than we win. You look at all of his prediction tables and he thinks we'll perform worse than we actually do. Its puzzling, it suggests to me that he doesn't 'get' us.

We do lose more matches than we win.
A quote from Lawro on 15:04 - Oct 17 with 1375 viewsGlyn1

So far this season he's predicted our result correctly 6 times out of 7.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

A quote from Lawro on 15:19 - Oct 17 with 1351 viewshammy

Yes, I take issue with his statement "have not seen anything from either" given our performances at OT and Stamford Bridge (1st half). We are blowing very hot and cold this season, so let's hope we get back on a hot track for the Stoke (and Leicester) games. If we are still in the top 5 going into the Everton game It would then be interesting to see what rubbish he comes out with for us.

I notice from his forecast PL table he underestimates us the most and overestimates Stoke the most (8 places apiece in the table). It's really going to upset his system if we actually win this one ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

A quote from Lawro on 15:33 - Oct 17 with 1324 viewsCatullus

But to him, anything below 6th is the bottom end!! I wonder what he predicts for manyoo?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A quote from Lawro on 16:40 - Oct 18 with 922 viewspencoedjack

Good call by Lawro on Saints Sunderland
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024