Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squash in Swansea 14:27 - Oct 19 with 745 viewscsf

Stepson has just started playing squash with school once a fortnight. After 2 and a half years being married to his mum we have found something that he and I can take part in and enjoy together. We hired a court in Penyrheol today, £7 for 40 minutes, £2 charge to hire the racquets and £4.50 for balls. Obviously balls are an infrequent cost. If we continue playing we'll get equipment but even without the hire charge £7 for 40 minutes seems a lot.

Does anyone play locally are there any other places priced a bit lower?
Squash in Swansea on 15:22 - Oct 19 with 707 viewsperchrockjack

Played for 30 yrs. great game but can be dangerous.

Get some coaching and uou also need to be fit to even start.

You fall out with people though in competition, at least I did . You ll find the adrenaline flows on court

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Squash in Swansea on 15:43 - Oct 19 with 687 viewsDDCH

That's very expensive. Tycoch college is much cheaper. They also do a play as much as you like membership. Never paid to hire racquets or balls either. Although ended up getting my own from sports direct. Haven't played for a while but it's great fun and brilliant for fitness

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Squash in Swansea on 08:32 - Oct 20 with 600 viewsLe_Swans

Would it be of any benefit if you joined the Gym there? As you get all the racquet sports included in the membership (badminton, squash, table tennis and outdoor tennis), obviously only worth it if you go regularly enough or actually use the Gym facilities also, think its about £30 a month, you also get the pools with that and can use any of the council Leisure Centres.
Squash in Swansea on 13:36 - Oct 20 with 556 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Squash in Swansea on 15:43 - Oct 19 by DDCH

That's very expensive. Tycoch college is much cheaper. They also do a play as much as you like membership. Never paid to hire racquets or balls either. Although ended up getting my own from sports direct. Haven't played for a while but it's great fun and brilliant for fitness

Tycoch is £6 now too unless you have a student card

Can buy a 2 x squash rackets and balls at Sports Direct for probably under £25 for the lot

Its a pretty standard price unfortunately for doing anything to do with fitness nowadays if you are using someones facilities.

I play once a week against the same person so effectively pay £12 per month for 4 games which doesn't seem too bad - if you went to a fitness class without beiong a member at LC its over £5 for roughly 40 mins too. Probably over £5 per head for 5 a side at Play Football??

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Squash in Swansea on 19:37 - Oct 20 with 508 viewsjack_lord

If it were 7 quid when I was playing I would have given up within a couple of weeks. It was great when I was a student as well with that wonderful NUS card. Great game but you need to be fit to play and need some coaching as otherwise anyone with a bit of teaching will wipe the floor with you.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024