Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? 17:51 - Oct 19 with 3664 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:23 - Oct 19 with 1066 viewsNeath_Jack

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:22 - Oct 19 by perchrockjack

Neath. I understand that matey, honest i do, but I'm more annoyed with the players and it's concerning. I am not in the least concerned about dyss or what he posts.

He may have a point though in some matters..

It beats me why people raise to his bait all the time. The majority of his posts should be treated with the contempt they deserve.

None of these observations have been made on this thread, just to clear it up for the thickies like C Jack.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:24 - Oct 19 with 1065 viewsC_jack

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:22 - Oct 19 by Neath_Jack

Pardon? Are you for real, you absolute dribbling mess.

Show me once where i have ever threatened the boy, in fact, show me where i have interacted with him in the last six months. What i made was an observation, now log off before i make you look like the silly billy that you are. If you had any sense, you would give up following me around the forum as you always end up like a scalded hamster.

Well you seem to know more than anyone about it, in fact you seem very sure that it will happen (your own words)

Following you around the forum? 'kin ell.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:26 - Oct 19 with 1050 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Don't bite mun

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:27 - Oct 19 with 1046 viewsZut_Alors

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:17 - Oct 19 by perchrockjack

Deighton.
It's like this ..one can say someone s point is shuite but quite why the individual is hammered for it gets up my nose.

Trolling is not about contentious opinions,it's about people being insulted and often their reputation impugned . It's that which is in the news now, that is trolling not someone posting what another sees as crap.

Simple really

Sorry but you're totally wrong in your definition of trolling. This is from Wikipedia, hardly the most reliable source of info, but I think it's pretty spot on here:

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,] by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

I believe that absolutely fits DYSS, and as such quite frankly, I think he should be banned.
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:28 - Oct 19 with 1040 viewsperchrockjack

Well, if they keep to his text then fine , but personally I'm not one for being defamed personally or professionally on here. That is serious, that is what will lead to trouble.

I can handle things posted about team or club but I'm fecked if anyone attacks me personally as it brings out the bad in me.. And we all have some badness in us

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:29 - Oct 19 with 1034 viewsmonmouth

Haha...makes me laugh people treating this poster still as a bona fide forum poster. We've even got people replying to his poll. Stop replying to his (or her) increasingly desperate and obvious WUMs and it stops. Keep replying and you deserve him, so if you do, so stop moaning about him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:33 - Oct 19 with 1008 viewsjack247

Yes he will.

He will only get sacked if we are in genuine danger of being relegated. We will pick up enough points at home to avoid that comfortably
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:33 - Oct 19 with 1001 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:27 - Oct 19 by Zut_Alors

Sorry but you're totally wrong in your definition of trolling. This is from Wikipedia, hardly the most reliable source of info, but I think it's pretty spot on here:

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,] by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

I believe that absolutely fits DYSS, and as such quite frankly, I think he should be banned.

I do not do the following;

Start arguments, upset people, post inflammatory or extraneous or off topic messages, deliberately provoke people or disrupt normal on topic discussion.

The truth is a very high percentage of posters do the above to me. According to your definition they are the trolls, not me.

Login to get fewer ads

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:35 - Oct 19 with 987 viewsTreforys_Jack

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:02 - Oct 19 by Phil_S

You're like a stuck record and a poor WUM at the best of times

Fancy taking a break from the forum so the rest of us can enjoy it?

This !!!!!!!!
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:35 - Oct 19 with 984 viewsPhil_S

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:33 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I do not do the following;

Start arguments, upset people, post inflammatory or extraneous or off topic messages, deliberately provoke people or disrupt normal on topic discussion.

The truth is a very high percentage of posters do the above to me. According to your definition they are the trolls, not me.

If you read carefully you do all of the above

And you know full well that you do
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:36 - Oct 19 with 976 viewsApeShit

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:29 - Oct 19 by monmouth

Haha...makes me laugh people treating this poster still as a bona fide forum poster. We've even got people replying to his poll. Stop replying to his (or her) increasingly desperate and obvious WUMs and it stops. Keep replying and you deserve him, so if you do, so stop moaning about him.

I reply out of pity
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:38 - Oct 19 with 960 viewsAngelRangelQS

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:35 - Oct 19 by Phil_S

Well just ban him then. He makes it tedious for everyone else. It's not his opinions, it's the way he tries to rile everyone
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:38 - Oct 19 with 960 viewsjack247

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:22 - Oct 19 by Neath_Jack

Pardon? Are you for real, you absolute dribbling mess.

Show me once where i have ever threatened the boy, in fact, show me where i have interacted with him in the last six months. What i made was an observation, now log off before i make you look like the silly billy that you are. If you had any sense, you would give up following me around the forum as you always end up like a scalded hamster.

This is exactly the sort of reaction Dwight is looking for. As irritating and predictable as he can be, you can't deny he is good at winding people up.

Why he would want to is beyond me.
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:38 - Oct 19 with 955 viewsZut_Alors

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:35 - Oct 19 by Phil_S

Honest question, Phil, why don't you just ban him?
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:40 - Oct 19 with 943 viewsApeShit

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:38 - Oct 19 by Zut_Alors

Honest question, Phil, why don't you just ban him?

Why not just ignore him?

He is the most predictable poster on here now.
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:42 - Oct 19 with 886 viewsZut_Alors

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:38 - Oct 19 by jack247

This is exactly the sort of reaction Dwight is looking for. As irritating and predictable as he can be, you can't deny he is good at winding people up.

Why he would want to is beyond me.

I posted this before, but perhaps it might answer your question: http://www.theguardian.com/media-network/media-network-blog/2014/sep/18/psycholo

It's interesting stuff, almost totally the reverse of what most people seem to gain pleasure from. I imagine there's some good theses (Sp?) being written about trolls at the mo.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 18:43]
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:46 - Oct 19 with 861 viewsRancid

I quite enjoyed him at first and never understood why people got so upset over him, esteemed posters too, you know who you are.

Now and lately he's started to annoy me, although this thread isn't as provocative as it first might read and in a few games times it could well be started by a few other too.

He's either a moderator given a free role or that James Barnett fron AAMB who promised to do exactly what Dwight is doing and wind up the board.They're quite similar on messageboards.I typed his supposed real name into facebook and we have 1 or 2 mutual friends from Port Talbot.
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:51 - Oct 19 with 835 viewsZut_Alors

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:40 - Oct 19 by ApeShit

Why not just ignore him?

He is the most predictable poster on here now.

I could do that, but then what is a moderator for if not to try and ensure that the forum isn't occupied by trolls who constantly post rubbish that sidelines otherwise interesting debate?
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:55 - Oct 19 with 815 viewsmonmouth

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:46 - Oct 19 by Rancid

I quite enjoyed him at first and never understood why people got so upset over him, esteemed posters too, you know who you are.

Now and lately he's started to annoy me, although this thread isn't as provocative as it first might read and in a few games times it could well be started by a few other too.

He's either a moderator given a free role or that James Barnett fron AAMB who promised to do exactly what Dwight is doing and wind up the board.They're quite similar on messageboards.I typed his supposed real name into facebook and we have 1 or 2 mutual friends from Port Talbot.

Thing is mate, it's so obviously a pretend identity, it does make me laugh when people argue with 'him' and then get annoyed by it. It (the fantasy identity)'s still got a few on a string though so I think it'll be around for a while yet. There was actually some research done that one of my students was telling me about in a different context, and that it is that folk who are fond of inventing false internet identities, with details, are the ones that go on to grooming and dangerous fantasy activities. A bit like the argument of soft drugs leading to hard I suppose. I don't necessarily buy either argument, but there you go.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:56 - Oct 19 with 802 viewsAquinas

If any of you actually meet him, you'll all just keel over laughing.

As Phil said, his trolling abilities have become very poor. He had a good couple of months though.

Bring back the guy who posted youtube videos to every thread.

Also, in answer to the poll - Yes.
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 19:01 - Oct 19 with 772 viewsRancid

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 18:55 - Oct 19 by monmouth

Thing is mate, it's so obviously a pretend identity, it does make me laugh when people argue with 'him' and then get annoyed by it. It (the fantasy identity)'s still got a few on a string though so I think it'll be around for a while yet. There was actually some research done that one of my students was telling me about in a different context, and that it is that folk who are fond of inventing false internet identities, with details, are the ones that go on to grooming and dangerous fantasy activities. A bit like the argument of soft drugs leading to hard I suppose. I don't necessarily buy either argument, but there you go.

Interesting stuff.
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 19:11 - Oct 19 with 734 viewsskippyjack

Im not really sure DYSS.. If he keeps on blaming the ref for results.. He'll soon be out of a job.. 5 games without a win is poor.. But you're probably right that an experienced manager would've salvaged a win in these 5 games.. People can't handle the truth of it.. I'd still like him to stay.. But he's getting outgunned at the moment..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 19:22 - Oct 19 with 685 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 19:11 - Oct 19 by skippyjack

Im not really sure DYSS.. If he keeps on blaming the ref for results.. He'll soon be out of a job.. 5 games without a win is poor.. But you're probably right that an experienced manager would've salvaged a win in these 5 games.. People can't handle the truth of it.. I'd still like him to stay.. But he's getting outgunned at the moment..

It's not as if we've lost / struggled against superior teams.

We should have beaten all the teams, even Southampton who we tore apart for 45 minutes.

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 19:42 - Oct 19 with 641 viewsJethroJack

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 17:54 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm not sure why the poll isn't working.

Anyway, the two options were 'Yes' and 'No'.

I vote 'No'.

You missed off the 3rd option...3. F*ck off Dwight, you dopey kunt.
I vote YES & No.3
Your A.D.D. is being well fed on this thread
Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 19:47 - Oct 19 with 626 viewsSlugster664

Will Garry Monk still be in charge at the end of the season? on 19:22 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's not as if we've lost / struggled against superior teams.

We should have beaten all the teams, even Southampton who we tore apart for 45 minutes.

We've torn apart a few teams for long periods. I think(hope)it's only a matter of time before we actually finish these teams off and beat them convincingly.
However, we were dreadful second half today and it does seem to be the norm that Gary doesn't get his tactics right for the second period. But I do believe he'll be in charge at the end of the season.

STID

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024