Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk's substitutions 17:59 - Oct 19 with 3656 viewsQuakerJack

Takes off every midfielder bar Ki when the problem was we were overrun in midfield. He doesn't seem to be able to read a game at all.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Monk's substitutions on 23:14 - Oct 19 with 832 viewstomdickharry

Monk's substitutions on 22:10 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Isn't it £4m a year Gomis is costing us? Incredible. His agent has conned us. No wonder he only ever plays for France when they're desperately short. He's their Jermaine Easter.

I shudder to think what would have happened if we had paid millions for him last season,he must have an excellent agent who I assume will be negotiating a lump sum pay off sometime next season when our new Manager discovers the con and wishes to get rid. I am downgrading his PL tally of goals this season to 3 from 4.
Monk's substitutions on 10:41 - Oct 20 with 756 viewscontroversial_jack

Monk's substitutions on 22:10 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Isn't it £4m a year Gomis is costing us? Incredible. His agent has conned us. No wonder he only ever plays for France when they're desperately short. He's their Jermaine Easter.

I thought Bony was worse!
Monk's substitutions on 13:35 - Oct 20 with 718 viewslostjock

Monk's substitutions on 18:39 - Oct 19 by Kilkennyjack

I am sure Tom carroll will be a fine player one day, but whoever thought he could cope with stoke away in the premiership today made a huge error in judgement. Physically and football wise he simply could not cope. It was clear after 10 minutes but took an hour to sub him. He has come in from a big club, fair enough - but he has been selected ahead of every other young midfield player at the club. If that judgement is half correct we will be waiting a long time for another joey allen to emerge. It was not fAir on tom nor the other 10 players today. For the record, i thought ki, routs, dyer and siggy gave everything, but we lost out due to team selection. And it hurts.

Not that I disagree with your comment, but who would you have replaced him with...??We don't appear to have a fit replacement?
Carroll definitely one for the future and hopefully one we can retain in the summer!
Monk's substitutions on 13:51 - Oct 20 with 712 viewsicecoldjack

A few have said in the past including myself, amat could do a job in a defensive midfield position,maybe not for 90 mins but certainly from 70 mins onward.

I think he could shield the defense and has a natural inclination to defend and is good technically.
Monk's substitutions on 14:38 - Oct 20 with 696 viewsLeonisGod

Monk's substitutions on 13:51 - Oct 20 by icecoldjack

A few have said in the past including myself, amat could do a job in a defensive midfield position,maybe not for 90 mins but certainly from 70 mins onward.

I think he could shield the defense and has a natural inclination to defend and is good technically.

Injured though isn't he. Had he not been yesterday, and given the lack of options, I would have been more than happy to see him slot in alongside Ki. He's not our best option, but he's better than no one (which is what we effectively had after the changes).
Monk's substitutions on 14:47 - Oct 20 with 690 viewsQuakerJack

Monk's substitutions on 13:35 - Oct 20 by lostjock

Not that I disagree with your comment, but who would you have replaced him with...??We don't appear to have a fit replacement?
Carroll definitely one for the future and hopefully one we can retain in the summer!

Fulton played very well last game of last season against Sunderland. I'd have brought on Fulton and Montero... then maybe Emnes a little later for Gylfi or Routledge.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Monk's substitutions on 15:18 - Oct 20 with 680 viewsDr_Winston

At least TDH has found another striker to ceaselessly bitch about.

Gomis will improve when the people passing the ball to him realise that he's not Bony. You'd think they'd mention it in training.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk's substitutions on 18:06 - Oct 20 with 624 viewswsmJACK

Monk's substitutions on 18:54 - Oct 19 by therealme

Routs - Gylfi - Ki - Jeff

Wilf - Gomis

That's how we lined up after the changes, 442.

I love Gylfi, but one thing he is not is versatile. He's a number 10 and only a number 10. He empties the midfield too much and hasn't the legs to play along side somebody in a flat 4. Ki had to do the job of 2 men, and even Ki isn't a 'true' holding midfielder. My god there was so much space in midfield once these changes were made

Premier league - win the midfield battle = most of the time win the match. We completely surrendered the battle by going 442.

I think we should've went 4-1-4-1

Have Ki sit infront of the back four and bring on someone along side Siggy. Either Gomis to sit behind Bony or maybe Emnes in the middle behind Bony or Gomis.

Think we needed to flood the midfield not reduce it.

Seems as if Monk plans his team and his substitutions way in advance and there is a lack of versatility. Need someone who can make a substitute to affect THE game not A game.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk's substitutions on 18:08 - Oct 20 with 623 viewsMrSwan

We simply needed someone on who is a natural goal scorer we do not have one of those players.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Monk's substitutions on 00:11 - Oct 21 with 586 viewsJJJack

Monk's substitutions on 15:18 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

At least TDH has found another striker to ceaselessly bitch about.

Gomis will improve when the people passing the ball to him realise that he's not Bony. You'd think they'd mention it in training.

Which is exactly what happened earlier in the season when he looked a right handful at times. We've started panicking a bit in our passing when things aren't going well and Gomis (and Bony for that matter), are struggling later on in matches, to make any impact. Personally, I think Routs and Dyer can't be depended upon for 90mins very often...they usually go off the boil by 60 to 70 mins so Montero comes on almost by default.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024