Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk's substitutions 17:59 - Oct 19 with 3659 viewsQuakerJack

Takes off every midfielder bar Ki when the problem was we were overrun in midfield. He doesn't seem to be able to read a game at all.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Monk's substitutions on 18:10 - Oct 19 with 2771 viewskopperburgjack

What else could we have done to win the game?

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Monk's substitutions on 18:13 - Oct 19 with 2744 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Monk's substitutions on 18:10 - Oct 19 by kopperburgjack

What else could we have done to win the game?

They were over running the midfield and Adam was bossing the match, so taking off our central midfielders and giving Adam further control and space seemed the exact opposite of what needed doing.

Those substitutions hindered us, not benefited us.

Oh well, Leicester is a huge game now.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Monk's substitutions on 18:16 - Oct 19 with 2721 viewsblaine_scfc

Thought Ki played well, but this team is absolutely crying out for some muscle in midfield and it was there for everyone to see and we didn't strengthen.
Monk's substitutions on 18:19 - Oct 19 with 2688 viewscontroversial_jack

The writing was on the wall before the subs
Monk's substitutions on 18:27 - Oct 19 with 2659 viewsicecoldjack

i was all for getting rid of ki in the summer if the money was right, i have to say that he has been probably our best and most consistant player this season!

obviously siggy stands out but ki has worked his bollocks off and done great this season.

monk knew back in febuary that he needed a defensive midfielder, his judgement was probably tainted by the fact that leon will be number 1 and signing a decent player on good money would mean pressure to play him, its this reason why i think monk gambled on the position.

monks subs are mostly gash, montero has been stand out and deserved to start ahead of dyer, i will say though that i feel the subs didnt influence the result today, i can understand us dropping siggy deep,bony in the hole and gomis up top , its just all a bit meh for me at the moment.

monk shouting and screaming on the touchline then saying "for fook sake" shows he is starting to feel the strain, his after match comments seem to re inforce that.

3 pts against Leicster and all is well in the world, fail to take maximum points against leicster and monks bubble well be well and truely burst imo.
Monk's substitutions on 18:31 - Oct 19 with 2635 viewsApeShit

Monk's substitutions on 18:13 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They were over running the midfield and Adam was bossing the match, so taking off our central midfielders and giving Adam further control and space seemed the exact opposite of what needed doing.

Those substitutions hindered us, not benefited us.

Oh well, Leicester is a huge game now.

How is Leicester a huge game?
Monk's substitutions on 18:39 - Oct 19 with 2607 viewsKilkennyjack

I am sure Tom carroll will be a fine player one day, but whoever thought he could cope with stoke away in the premiership today made a huge error in judgement. Physically and football wise he simply could not cope. It was clear after 10 minutes but took an hour to sub him. He has come in from a big club, fair enough - but he has been selected ahead of every other young midfield player at the club. If that judgement is half correct we will be waiting a long time for another joey allen to emerge. It was not fAir on tom nor the other 10 players today. For the record, i thought ki, routs, dyer and siggy gave everything, but we lost out due to team selection. And it hurts.

Beware of the Risen People

Monk's substitutions on 18:41 - Oct 19 with 2592 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Monk's substitutions on 18:31 - Oct 19 by ApeShit

How is Leicester a huge game?

Because we have a very difficult run of fixtures where we're likely to win few points, so getting the maximum from Leicester is very important.

We could quite easily be in the relegation zone very soon if we continue our appalling performances on the pitch and on the touchline.

Login to get fewer ads

Monk's substitutions on 18:54 - Oct 19 with 2548 viewstherealme

Routs - Gylfi - Ki - Jeff

Wilf - Gomis

That's how we lined up after the changes, 442.

I love Gylfi, but one thing he is not is versatile. He's a number 10 and only a number 10. He empties the midfield too much and hasn't the legs to play along side somebody in a flat 4. Ki had to do the job of 2 men, and even Ki isn't a 'true' holding midfielder. My god there was so much space in midfield once these changes were made

Premier league - win the midfield battle = most of the time win the match. We completely surrendered the battle by going 442.

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Monk's substitutions on 19:35 - Oct 19 with 2449 viewsswancity

Bollox. Ki was doing very well. As did our team. You cannot legislate for a poor refereeing decision like that.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Monk's substitutions on 19:38 - Oct 19 with 2429 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Monk's substitutions on 19:35 - Oct 19 by swancity

Bollox. Ki was doing very well. As did our team. You cannot legislate for a poor refereeing decision like that.

Fair enough. What about the 45 minutes of woeful football produced by Swansea City after the penalty and after a 15 minute break at half time to calm down and restore order?

Monk's substitutions on 19:43 - Oct 19 with 2409 viewsswancity

Monk's substitutions on 19:38 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Fair enough. What about the 45 minutes of woeful football produced by Swansea City after the penalty and after a 15 minute break at half time to calm down and restore order?

It was hardly woeful. Some of the passing and movement for 40 minutes was of the highest quality but there is no doubt that their pen and the timing of it changed the game, lifted the crowd and we found it hard to get going again. Siggurdson understandably tired as well which had a bearing.

Monk's substitutions on 19:45 - Oct 19 with 2396 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Monk's substitutions on 19:43 - Oct 19 by swancity

It was hardly woeful. Some of the passing and movement for 40 minutes was of the highest quality but there is no doubt that their pen and the timing of it changed the game, lifted the crowd and we found it hard to get going again. Siggurdson understandably tired as well which had a bearing.

That's okay then. As long as we play some nice passes against Leicester, create two or three chances and ultimately fail to win, it's okay. As long as our passing and movement was of a good quality.

How are Blackpool doing these days?

Monk's substitutions on 19:48 - Oct 19 with 2382 viewsswancity

Monk's substitutions on 19:45 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That's okay then. As long as we play some nice passes against Leicester, create two or three chances and ultimately fail to win, it's okay. As long as our passing and movement was of a good quality.

How are Blackpool doing these days?

Sorry I'm off so will leave you to bore the knickers off someone else.

Monk's substitutions on 20:00 - Oct 19 with 2332 viewsPedroJack

Great first half performance and should have scored a few more. Penalty against was a shocker and the c*** just cheated us. Second half we just didn't turn up in the main. Gomis for Bony on the hour and Montero for a quiet Routledge just may have made a difference
Monk's substitutions on 20:13 - Oct 19 with 2272 viewsKilkennyjack

I thought routs did very well today - that said, i always enjoy watching him play.

Beware of the Risen People

Monk's substitutions on 20:18 - Oct 19 with 2258 viewsQuakerJack

Monk's substitutions on 18:54 - Oct 19 by therealme

Routs - Gylfi - Ki - Jeff

Wilf - Gomis

That's how we lined up after the changes, 442.

I love Gylfi, but one thing he is not is versatile. He's a number 10 and only a number 10. He empties the midfield too much and hasn't the legs to play along side somebody in a flat 4. Ki had to do the job of 2 men, and even Ki isn't a 'true' holding midfielder. My god there was so much space in midfield once these changes were made

Premier league - win the midfield battle = most of the time win the match. We completely surrendered the battle by going 442.

Then off went Sigurdsson and it was 4-3-3 but two of the three in the middle were wingers so it was effectively just Ki in midfield, we lost all shape. We needed Fulton on to stop Stoke marching through the middle. Our only choice was to play it long, which against Stoke was pointless.

Tactically it was desperate, we needed to tighten up, regain control in midfield and then create chances through our approach. Instead we changed shape, and created even more space for Stoke who got their winner after we went to 4-4-2... and we were overrun at 4-5-1.

It's not the sole reason we lost, but that, missing more glorious chances and a dodgy ref conspired against us in a game that could and should have been done and dusted.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Monk's substitutions on 20:53 - Oct 19 with 2174 viewsLeonisGod

Monk's substitutions on 20:18 - Oct 19 by QuakerJack

Then off went Sigurdsson and it was 4-3-3 but two of the three in the middle were wingers so it was effectively just Ki in midfield, we lost all shape. We needed Fulton on to stop Stoke marching through the middle. Our only choice was to play it long, which against Stoke was pointless.

Tactically it was desperate, we needed to tighten up, regain control in midfield and then create chances through our approach. Instead we changed shape, and created even more space for Stoke who got their winner after we went to 4-4-2... and we were overrun at 4-5-1.

It's not the sole reason we lost, but that, missing more glorious chances and a dodgy ref conspired against us in a game that could and should have been done and dusted.

Frustrating to see it unfold wasn't it? Wilf was getting the better of Wilson, bardsley and shawcross were on yellows. But our changes took us away from being able to exploit their weaknesses and we played straight into their hands. Keeping our normal shape and numbers in the middle was vital. If any changes were needed, maybe looking to bring on Either Gomis or Emnes to try and get in behind their CHs. As soon as they sussed out Wilf dropping deep and cut off that supply, we didn't know what to do.
Monk's substitutions on 21:46 - Oct 19 with 2074 viewsNOTRAC

What is obvious after today's game, is that we have a desperately thin squad.
Gomis has been extremely disappointing, and I dread to think what we are going to be like if we lose Bony to tha African Cup .
Montero looks promising when he comes on, but there are obviously problems as Monk does not think he's good enough to start.
Emnes has had the odd good game but again only as a sub, normally for not more than ten minutes at a time.
Apart from those three there are no experienced players to call on apart from todays selections and Shelvey and Leon.
That to me is nowhere sufficient for a Premiership squad.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Monk's substitutions on 22:10 - Oct 19 with 2033 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Isn't it £4m a year Gomis is costing us? Incredible. His agent has conned us. No wonder he only ever plays for France when they're desperately short. He's their Jermaine Easter.

Monk's substitutions on 22:33 - Oct 19 with 1983 viewsLeonisGod

Monk's substitutions on 22:10 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Isn't it £4m a year Gomis is costing us? Incredible. His agent has conned us. No wonder he only ever plays for France when they're desperately short. He's their Jermaine Easter.

He's not looking like a good signing at the moment. To be fair he's not getting much game time, but when he does he needs to remember that he's part of a TEAM. Playing him upfront with Wilf doesn't seem to work either. They're both natural, old-fashioned centre forwards. I don't think we've got the luxury of playing them both together.
Monk's substitutions on 22:34 - Oct 19 with 1975 viewsbermudajack

Monk's substitutions on 22:10 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Just got home, it's like bloody football manager fir the delirious on here ....

The problem today was... We just didn't take the glorious chances we created

Should have been 2 up in the first 10mins alone, quite how we never scored a second is beyond me

I leave all of the micro analysts on here to do their thing 😕

But had we taken our chances, we would have won... Easily, we didn't so... Learn our lessons and move on...

Substitutions, refereeing, length of grass all irrelevant if we take our chances 👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Monk's substitutions on 22:40 - Oct 19 with 1962 viewsChief

I assume he thought that the 451 wasn't working, and we had no midfielder on bench who would realistically make any difference, so decided to shake it up. I honestly think stoke would have still scored their 2nd anyway. they seemed to be quicker to the ball even when we had 5 across the middle

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Monk's substitutions on 22:42 - Oct 19 with 1952 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Monk's substitutions on 22:34 - Oct 19 by bermudajack

Just got home, it's like bloody football manager fir the delirious on here ....

The problem today was... We just didn't take the glorious chances we created

Should have been 2 up in the first 10mins alone, quite how we never scored a second is beyond me

I leave all of the micro analysts on here to do their thing 😕

But had we taken our chances, we would have won... Easily, we didn't so... Learn our lessons and move on...

Substitutions, refereeing, length of grass all irrelevant if we take our chances 👍

Glorious chances?

We created 3 all game. It highlights how little we actually create these days when a game like today is considered one of those games where we miss loads of chances.

Monk's substitutions on 22:55 - Oct 19 with 1925 viewsLeonisGod

Monk's substitutions on 22:42 - Oct 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Glorious chances?

We created 3 all game. It highlights how little we actually create these days when a game like today is considered one of those games where we miss loads of chances.

You're getting confused with Stoke, who only had 3 on target. Gylfi was through twice, ki once. Then Ki had one saved on the line, dyer had a half chance but the ball just would't drop. That's four or five decent chances off the top of my head. Oh, and Wilf sliced wide when he should have done better. Despite the other problems, we did create enough to win that game. In August we were burying those, but now we're not. It's quite simple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024