Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry's talked his way to a fine there 18:08 - Oct 19 with 5597 viewsQuakerJack

He's right

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 10:01 - Oct 20 with 828 views_

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 09:41 - Oct 20 by perchrockjack

Monk IS honest.
He wants us to play honestly
It seems this is not always going to get results in the Premier League.

Its an honourable way to run a team but frankly it might not be enough to keep our status as ALL the other managers are far more street wise -if that s the correct term-.

Pearson will be motivating and organising his Leicester team accordingly .

One thing for certain; the vultures have nested ,had the chicks and now they re starting to circle

Genuine question hoping for an honest answer.

Would you have ever described yourself as a vulture in the not too distant past....with ex players (too many to mention) and managers?

I haven't seen any evidence of any vulturing on here all season when it's come to Monk, as soon as the season began in earnest almost everyone has backed him, questioning mostly his subs in the main.

The obvious change now is we're all just really worried, not just about the lack of wins but also his inexperience and unprofessionalism and how much he's getting rattled. All these things would have to have been taken into account when appointing him. Were they?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 10:04 - Oct 20 with 815 viewsperchrockjack

Will you respect my answer? Honestly

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 10:23 - Oct 20 with 800 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 10:01 - Oct 20 by _

Genuine question hoping for an honest answer.

Would you have ever described yourself as a vulture in the not too distant past....with ex players (too many to mention) and managers?

I haven't seen any evidence of any vulturing on here all season when it's come to Monk, as soon as the season began in earnest almost everyone has backed him, questioning mostly his subs in the main.

The obvious change now is we're all just really worried, not just about the lack of wins but also his inexperience and unprofessionalism and how much he's getting rattled. All these things would have to have been taken into account when appointing him. Were they?

He led a one man crusade to burn a 21 year old at the stake. If that isn't vulturanarianism I don't know what is . He's a jack alright despite his love now being for all things Liverpool . A one eyed jack that is

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 10:27 - Oct 20 with 796 views_

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 10:23 - Oct 20 by Brynmill_Jack

He led a one man crusade to burn a 21 year old at the stake. If that isn't vulturanarianism I don't know what is . He's a jack alright despite his love now being for all things Liverpool . A one eyed jack that is

I was just very surprised to read him say that the vultures were out when we all know for a fact that he's slaughtered some players and managers on here relentlessly

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 10:40 - Oct 20 with 780 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 10:27 - Oct 20 by _

I was just very surprised to read him say that the vultures were out when we all know for a fact that he's slaughtered some players and managers on here relentlessly

Got a charge sheet as long as your arm has ex officer Dimbleby !
Vasquez, Shecter, Orlandi ..................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 11:24 - Oct 20 with 751 viewsperchrockjack

Serious question.
bryn and sc.

Why?

What?

When.

Please God not more

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 15:12 - Oct 20 with 697 viewslondonlisa2001

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 18:41 - Oct 19 by _

Enough is enough.... Oh come on.

As much as Moses dived that just simply happens in football. Our pen was more of a surprise. Not in the fact it wasn't one but that a ref actually gave it.

I think Monk is trying to deflect our run of 5 games without a win onto some other talking point.

Have you been updating the stats?

On another note, Bony was shocking second half, Gomis coming on to play up front with him, what? I thought we'd buried that one and our sloppiness and shape for their winner just not good enough.

When the dust settles this won't be about Monk knowing exactly what he was doing and enough being enough at all, this will be all about making sure we take 3 points from Leicester because anything less and this becomes a mini crisis.

I'd already given my opinions after the match on the match day thread. I thought we were dreadful second half - no momentum, no urgency, no drive.

We also have to start taking our chances - we missed 2 sitters in the first 15 mins or so - Gylfi & Ki. We all know that both of those chances would have been buried if against us - they were pretty much as clear as chances come. I saw your other thread re number of chances - I always think that we create a few very very good chances in each match since the way we play (in the first 30 mins or so at least) can cave teams right open. Pointless though when we miss them.

Yesterday - take those, penalty, 3 nil - game over irrespective of dodgy decisions against us.

I do think we suffer from bad decisions though - Moses dived, and it's not for the first time that such a bad decision has been given against us.

One issue though that I have - the Stoke fans contributed massively to that decision. I can't remember the last time we had an intimidating atmosphere at the Liberty and that's a shame, as it undoubtedly has an effect.
Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 15:33 - Oct 20 with 680 viewsperchrockjack

One man? Bryn..really

Login to get fewer ads

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 16:27 - Oct 20 with 625 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 15:12 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

I'd already given my opinions after the match on the match day thread. I thought we were dreadful second half - no momentum, no urgency, no drive.

We also have to start taking our chances - we missed 2 sitters in the first 15 mins or so - Gylfi & Ki. We all know that both of those chances would have been buried if against us - they were pretty much as clear as chances come. I saw your other thread re number of chances - I always think that we create a few very very good chances in each match since the way we play (in the first 30 mins or so at least) can cave teams right open. Pointless though when we miss them.

Yesterday - take those, penalty, 3 nil - game over irrespective of dodgy decisions against us.

I do think we suffer from bad decisions though - Moses dived, and it's not for the first time that such a bad decision has been given against us.

One issue though that I have - the Stoke fans contributed massively to that decision. I can't remember the last time we had an intimidating atmosphere at the Liberty and that's a shame, as it undoubtedly has an effect.

I said the same regarding the Stoke fans and people had a go at me for it.

You say the same and no one bats an eyelid.

Further evidence of the hypocritical nature of many PlanetSwans posters.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 16:31 - Oct 20 with 620 views_

I was curious listening to Monk actually and you now jogging my memory.

What bad decisions exactly?

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 16:40 - Oct 20 with 607 viewsQuakerJack

re: your last para.... I agree, we got so many decisions at the vetch because of the north bank.... Hull was one, the screams for a pen for the crowd got the handball decision, we should do that more, especially next time Stoke come to ours.... saying that mind, when the ref gave that pen last season against stoke, it followed two terrible decisions for a handball against Rangel and a corner that wasn't a corner and the crowd were going bananas then, he still gave the pen from the corner as well, same goes for southampton, the roar when Fonte charged in on Routledge, that didn't sway the ref.....

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 18:15 - Oct 20 with 576 viewslondonlisa2001

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 16:31 - Oct 20 by _

I was curious listening to Monk actually and you now jogging my memory.

What bad decisions exactly?

oh come on - we've had several. The penalty, Rangel's sending off, the non sending off of Fonte when Bony had been sent off, Shelvey's yellow last time out and that's just in a few games.

I don't buy the penalty cost us the game argument - what cost us the game was crap finishing and a woeful lack of energy and invention in the second half, but these things do mount up.
Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 18:22 - Oct 20 with 559 views_

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 18:15 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

oh come on - we've had several. The penalty, Rangel's sending off, the non sending off of Fonte when Bony had been sent off, Shelvey's yellow last time out and that's just in a few games.

I don't buy the penalty cost us the game argument - what cost us the game was crap finishing and a woeful lack of energy and invention in the second half, but these things do mount up.

Oh come on yourself, Lis for Christ's sake....

"The" penalty where Rangel has a chunk of Moses shirt?

The Rangel sending off... you see them all the time. Jesus, how many teams are talking about a harsh sending off week on week on week....?! It was 0-0 and it didn't cost us anything. We'd had 80 odd minutes to trouble their keeper before him going off.

The non sending off of Fonte?? I'm sorry but if he had got sent off for completely missing Routs then there would have been a mass gasp of "WHAT"??!!! Not having that one, at all.

And a yellow card for Shelvey...... a yellow card!!!

Right...... ok.

So as I thought, it's not worth mentioning is it, and certainly not worth a meltdown rant on Sky Sports. He's made a huge rod for his back now but alas, he's been doing that all season.

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 18:41 - Oct 20 with 531 viewslondonlisa2001

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 18:22 - Oct 20 by _

Oh come on yourself, Lis for Christ's sake....

"The" penalty where Rangel has a chunk of Moses shirt?

The Rangel sending off... you see them all the time. Jesus, how many teams are talking about a harsh sending off week on week on week....?! It was 0-0 and it didn't cost us anything. We'd had 80 odd minutes to trouble their keeper before him going off.

The non sending off of Fonte?? I'm sorry but if he had got sent off for completely missing Routs then there would have been a mass gasp of "WHAT"??!!! Not having that one, at all.

And a yellow card for Shelvey...... a yellow card!!!

Right...... ok.

So as I thought, it's not worth mentioning is it, and certainly not worth a meltdown rant on Sky Sports. He's made a huge rod for his back now but alas, he's been doing that all season.

Moses dived, full stop. Blatant and not a single commentator has said anything else including Poll. He had hold of Rangel's arm as well - they both had arms out then he flung himself on the floor a la Ashley Young at his finest.

Fonte did exactly what Bony did - Routs jumped, their guy didn't. In that game as well Routs should have had a penalty. The Shelvey one is important is it is that yellow that meant he didn't play yesterday - we could have done with him.

Look Chris, I'm not saying that we are perfect and I don't think it affected yesterday as much as monk thinks, but we don't tend to get a particularly evened out rub of the green. Partly, i suspect, because we're one of the few teams that (thankfully in my view) doesn't spend all game chopsing to the ref.

Monk's no more created a rod for his back that Mourinho does all the time, Ferguson did, Rodgers does now at Liverpool etc. They all moan all the time (and regularly get fined as a result). It's just relatively rare to hear one of our managers doing it, but bloody hell, the number of over reacting threads you'd think he'd nutted someone like pardew did. He'll get fined, maybe a ban and maybe refs will start to treat us differently because it's now in the public eye and will be looked at on MOTD etc.

Already they've said that Riley will come back to Monk this week, whereas before they ignored it, so already it's had some positive effect.
Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 18:50 - Oct 20 with 524 viewsmonmouth

If you' looking for a biased decision, not to give routledge the penalty at Sunderland when he DIDN'T dive is one of the most blatant you'll see his season. Not sure I buy conspiracy though as I'm sure if we supported another team we'd say the same. Hopefully the pressure exerted by raising it is worth the heat. It didn't do Steve Clarke any good though after the Chelsea dive, but it's done now....and I do agree with Lisa...maybe a bit rash but hardly a heinous crime. Moses DID dive..blatantly. I doubt he'd have felt his shirt being tugged as they were both grappling, so wise or unwise (and my gut says unwise) he was just calling a shovel a shovel.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 19:00 - Oct 20 with 501 viewsDr_Winston

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 18:50 - Oct 20 by monmouth

If you' looking for a biased decision, not to give routledge the penalty at Sunderland when he DIDN'T dive is one of the most blatant you'll see his season. Not sure I buy conspiracy though as I'm sure if we supported another team we'd say the same. Hopefully the pressure exerted by raising it is worth the heat. It didn't do Steve Clarke any good though after the Chelsea dive, but it's done now....and I do agree with Lisa...maybe a bit rash but hardly a heinous crime. Moses DID dive..blatantly. I doubt he'd have felt his shirt being tugged as they were both grappling, so wise or unwise (and my gut says unwise) he was just calling a shovel a shovel.

The conspiracy bollocks just makes us look sad and pathetic. We haven't been on the end of a genuinely biased ref since the last derby Keith Cooper did.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 19:31 - Oct 20 with 477 views_

Garry's talked his way to a fine there on 18:50 - Oct 20 by monmouth

I personally think as soon as he felt Rangel's hand on him and even better for Moses, his short being tugged, then at that moment in time he changed his plan on running for goal and instead though he'd give the ref a decision to make.

A dive - probably, maybe.
A shirt pull - definitely, 100%
A pen - by the letter of the law, unfortunately yes.

All the rest is semantics and the other points Lisa's making are just not worth mentioning. Yellow cards for players and the Fonte incident - come on, this is football for christ's sake... these things happen to every club in the land. It's cheap to mention them.

I also fail to see how any good can come out of this for us or Monk with him going out there on a limb like that and calling another pro a cheat. He's raised the heat and the heat is on now.

It's also very good that most posters are pointing out our other inadequacies and not focussing solely on the decision which Monk tried to do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024