Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision 18:23 - Oct 19 with 7047 viewsPhil_S

Garry Monk did not hold back in his post match interview after watching his side concede one of the softest penalties of the season in their defeat to Stoke.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/36577/monk-feeling-cheate
Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 20:50 - Oct 19 with 1967 viewswaynekerr55

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 20:41 - Oct 19 by RevJames

....or ask Neil Taylor what he was trying to do.....

Anyone still think he's better than Ben Davies

It was a tap in, m'laud (c) Warwick

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 20:55 - Oct 19 with 1950 viewsheadcleaner

I wonder if it had been Jose at Chelski would the refs boss have rung him back within the hour I bet there are certain managers who are on speed dial. Maybe Monk should have a word with his butty at Liverpool I'm sure his club wouldn't be ignored. Opened a right can of worms here but it had to be said.

I'd just like to comment on what a toad Mark hughes is. his comments were pathetic. he must be the only person who would think like that even his goal scorer laughed. Loser
Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 21:06 - Oct 19 with 1906 viewsmonmouth

Crikey, I just listened to it. Crikey.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 21:17 - Oct 19 with 1861 viewsmax936

I just wish that we stop ball watching and watch/track the opposition players, how much room did Walters have ffs, and wtf was going on in letting N'zonzi waltz across the penalty area nobody got near him we just watched him. We also need to be far more clinical in front of goal.

Monk has got some work ahead of him before Leicester, that's for sure.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 21:18]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 21:31 - Oct 19 with 1809 viewsskippyjack

I've also noticed Fernandez hasn't settled well.. Williams ball watching again... Oh tommy tommy is right.. We miss jordi amat..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 21:59 - Oct 19 with 1748 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Just seen the interview...doesn't hold back does he....

My heart says to back him and his comments. Football is 90% emotion, passion and tribal loyalty and so on, but that 10% of rational thinking and cool measured thought...makes me think he should not be so publicly rattled...it smacked a bit of Keegan's 'I'd love it' moment...shows a lack of control.

Our penalty was soft as sh*t, but theirs was mental.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 22:09 - Oct 19 with 1712 viewsmax936

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 21:59 - Oct 19 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Just seen the interview...doesn't hold back does he....

My heart says to back him and his comments. Football is 90% emotion, passion and tribal loyalty and so on, but that 10% of rational thinking and cool measured thought...makes me think he should not be so publicly rattled...it smacked a bit of Keegan's 'I'd love it' moment...shows a lack of control.

Our penalty was soft as sh*t, but theirs was mental.

Think he just grabbed at that instead of bemoaning about our 2nd half performance, I hope Leon is getting closer to a comeback too.

And that the board now realise the necessity of strengthening the midfield area in January

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 22:30 - Oct 19 with 1674 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I hope the manager and squad aren't thinking "we wuz robbed" instead of thinking "we need to improve".

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 23:05 - Oct 19 with 1616 viewsDewi1jack

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 19:20 - Oct 19 by azjack

Methinx GM should spend more time analyzing what went wrong in the second half rather than deflecting attention towards a soft penalty. This is a game of fine margins though - even given a lackluster second half Swansea might still have gotten a point out of this.

This.
Just got home and still haven't seen us beat stoke rfc away (missed the game early 2000's)
Their defence was scared when we moved at speed towards them- 2/3 players on Jeff when he came on, regularly pulling shirts/ hacking all game.
Think we missed JJ in midfield, although TC tried he was just bullied throughout the game.
Really thought Olliver would give us a bit more protection though, but overall I thought he didn't have a bad game.
We just dropped 3 points IMHO. Need to start taking our chances in a game

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 23:35 - Oct 19 with 1535 viewsSwansNZ

Nothing wrong in what he said, but we still should have put the game away in that first half.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 23:49 - Oct 19 with 1495 viewsepaul

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 18:55 - Oct 19 by Sweyns_Eye

My overall feeling is that we lost that game rather than Stoke won it. With better game management we should have done better.

Spot on Daryll game was well there for the taking, again I felt we didnt go at them enough, if we did we would have won that in a canter, I just dont know what is wrong with us, so frustrating

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 02:32 - Oct 20 with 1416 viewsScoobyWho

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 23:49 - Oct 19 by epaul

Spot on Daryll game was well there for the taking, again I felt we didnt go at them enough, if we did we would have won that in a canter, I just dont know what is wrong with us, so frustrating

Too cautious and we have mental blocks against teams like Stoke, its almost as of we are resigned to losing or getting very little when we play them away. Monk is on dodgy ground I reckon, the next five games are crucial for him. Very crucial.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 06:03 - Oct 20 with 1369 viewsMattG

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 20:35 - Oct 19 by blaine_scfc

Surprised more hasn't been said about Fabianski crumbling like a MFI Wardrobe instead of actually making an attempt to save the header. Shocking.

Agree with this 100%. Fabianski clearly thought it was going wide but then, when he realised it had actually gone in, made a pathetic dive after it was past him to try and make out that he had actually attempted to save it.

Now I'm a big fan of Fabianski and think he's been an excellent signing but if Vorm had done that last season, he would have been hung out to dry.
Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 08:11 - Oct 20 with 1292 viewsjackal

I think Michael Oliver is one of the better refs, but he was well conned there.
I can't stand diving and feigning injury and it's great that Garry is stopping us doing it, but I fear that it's costing us.
Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 08:21 - Oct 20 with 1266 viewsshandyjack

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 20:41 - Oct 19 by RevJames

....or ask Neil Taylor what he was trying to do.....

Another goal he has switched off for, lost count this season how many goals have been down to him

Poll: Expectation for the season

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 09:16 - Oct 20 with 1212 viewsShaky

They say these things even themselves out over the course of a season, but as I see it that happened in the one game yesterday, because for me it was a clear penalty when Taylor held down Crouch by the scruff of his shirt just before our opener. Ref was obviously blindsided but the lino should have spotted that one.

As as aside the question arises why was Taylor marking Crouch in the first place?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 09:28 - Oct 20 with 1190 viewsSgorioFruit

We would have lost the game yesterday with or without their dodgy penalty decision.
Reason being? We cant put the ball in the net.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 09:32 - Oct 20 with 1184 viewsshandyjack

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 09:28 - Oct 20 by SgorioFruit

We would have lost the game yesterday with or without their dodgy penalty decision.
Reason being? We cant put the ball in the net.

Is the correct answer, penalty has taken away from the poor performance in the last hr

Poll: Expectation for the season

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 09:42 - Oct 20 with 1174 viewsPonderosa

Monk needs to learn to wind his neck in, bite his bottom lip and move on. Yes it was annoying, but more annoying is another lead turned into dropped points.

Bring The Missus

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 09:48 - Oct 20 with 1165 views_

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 06:03 - Oct 20 by MattG

Agree with this 100%. Fabianski clearly thought it was going wide but then, when he realised it had actually gone in, made a pathetic dive after it was past him to try and make out that he had actually attempted to save it.

Now I'm a big fan of Fabianski and think he's been an excellent signing but if Vorm had done that last season, he would have been hung out to dry.

Sorry, absolutely no way.

That header was in as soon as it left his head. It was superbly positioned right in the inside netting. Fab had no chance whatsoever. Seriously no chance.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 09:52 - Oct 20 with 1144 viewsperchrockjack

I was worried as soon as Walters came on as he s a very hard and effective player.

What it showed is how light weight we are and that is a major concern..
Frankly, Carroll is the type of player we should not have brought in.

SC is correct about that header

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 10:04 - Oct 20 with 1119 viewswestside

new pair of fullbacks and defensive midfielder needed
Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 10:16 - Oct 20 with 1096 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 10:04 - Oct 20 by westside

new pair of fullbacks and defensive midfielder needed

One since January, the other two way before the window closed.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 10:22 - Oct 20 with 1083 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 10:16 - Oct 20 by Brynmill_Jack

One since January, the other two way before the window closed.

The board painted us into a corner with the fullbacks though - couldn't bring in someone who was going to obviously challenge Taylor seriously without him getting upset and with Dwight and Jazz woke would look overloaded in that area if we did too.

Midfielders were obvious though. Huw was busy signing players "for the future"

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 10:25 - Oct 20 with 1074 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 10:22 - Oct 20 by NeiltheTaylor

The board painted us into a corner with the fullbacks though - couldn't bring in someone who was going to obviously challenge Taylor seriously without him getting upset and with Dwight and Jazz woke would look overloaded in that area if we did too.

Midfielders were obvious though. Huw was busy signing players "for the future"

They'll fit in well in the championship which is the future unless everyone at SCFC wakes up and pulls their fingers out.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024