Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision 18:23 - Oct 19 with 7019 viewsPhil_S

Garry Monk did not hold back in his post match interview after watching his side concede one of the softest penalties of the season in their defeat to Stoke.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/36577/monk-feeling-cheate
Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 13:24 - Oct 20 with 560 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 12:59 - Oct 20 by _

It's a little worrying also when Wilf gets robbed a few times he feels the need to go making awful tackles.

he needs to be managed a lot more this season, I feel. He needs to get his mind properly back on Swansea and forget anything else, the African Cup of Nations or any prospective move. This has to be Monk's job to get his mind right and back on track.

With Wilf slowing down the tackles get a bit late leading to fouls and yellows.
As soon as he had the Yellow he should have come off because he would have the previous double yellow (Red) on his mind which hamstrings him completely.
Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 13:25 - Oct 20 with 557 viewsMattG

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 09:48 - Oct 20 by _

Sorry, absolutely no way.

That header was in as soon as it left his head. It was superbly positioned right in the inside netting. Fab had no chance whatsoever. Seriously no chance.

Then why dive after it had gone in? He watched it, thought it was going wide, then panicked and threw himself at it after it was over the line.

Maybe he couldn't have stopped it but I think he could have made a better fist of trying. As I said, if Vorm had done that last season he would have been pilloried from all sides.
Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 13:39 - Oct 20 with 523 viewsdickythorpe

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 13:25 - Oct 20 by MattG

Then why dive after it had gone in? He watched it, thought it was going wide, then panicked and threw himself at it after it was over the line.

Maybe he couldn't have stopped it but I think he could have made a better fist of trying. As I said, if Vorm had done that last season he would have been pilloried from all sides.

Vorm was very slow to react to Damba Ba's winner for Chelsea against us at the Liberty and from what I remember he did get pelters for it.
Fabianski had no chance yesterday, he was beaten for pace by an accurate header.

Very frustrating time for us at the moment. Monk obviously feels aggrieved to have had a rant like that. A lot going on behind the scenes? (in view of him saying Riley hadnt got back to him)
Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 13:39 - Oct 20 with 522 views_

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 13:25 - Oct 20 by MattG

I just think Fab's "dive" made it look even possible he could have got it when all along he had no chance.

I agree his "action" makes him look guilty but he'd just realised the header was too good to get and whatever he did after would have had no bearing.

That's my take anyway. Headers are difficult to judge sometimes and that's a big goals to aim for. I wouldn't blame Fab at all.

In fact there were quite a few who hadn't done their jobs too well in us losing the ball and their build up. Rangel, Bony and Fernandez play a bigger part than Fab or Taylor.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk Feeling 'Cheated' By Penalty Decision on 15:07 - Oct 20 with 428 viewsDr_Winston

Didn't look to me like Fab had any chance at all with the header. The "dive" looked more like his instinct to go for it being overridden by the realisation that it was past him when he'd already started moving.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024