Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montero 18:38 - Oct 19 with 5173 viewsSgorioFruit

Start this guy next game please.

And we will win.

SgorioFruit has spoken!!!

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Montero on 15:03 - Oct 24 with 1871 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Routs did nothing against Stoke, he was hardly in the game.
Dyer was marked out by 2 defenders, thus tieing up an extra man.
Montero made a big difference when he came on, but only when he got the ball, after a few passes and 2 great runs & crosses he was ignored for the rest of the game.
Which I think is what Jokeren was referring to at 19:47.
Montero on 16:55 - Oct 24 with 1814 viewsfootball2301

He is starting for dyer and shelvey back for carol
Montero on 17:01 - Oct 24 with 1810 viewsmidswan

Montero on 15:03 - Oct 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Routs did nothing against Stoke, he was hardly in the game.
Dyer was marked out by 2 defenders, thus tieing up an extra man.
Montero made a big difference when he came on, but only when he got the ball, after a few passes and 2 great runs & crosses he was ignored for the rest of the game.
Which I think is what Jokeren was referring to at 19:47.

Harsh on Routs.... Put one on a plate for Siggy early on and prob should have scored one himself, was generally involved in most of anything good going forward certainly first half. Second half? Usual story as we all know. Don't get me wrong I reckon Jeff should get more game time but he is not the Messiah ...be interesting selection tomorrow, prob Jeff for Nath I reckon.
Montero on 19:56 - Oct 24 with 1749 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Was going to start my own thread about this, but ESPN's Swans blogger certainly agrees. Max Hicks is a pretty good blogger (and even calls the sport "football") ;-)

http://www.espnfc.us/club/swansea-city/318/blog/post/2106288/starting-montero-wo

Swansea shake-up

Speaking of acceleration, it's high time Jefferson Montero got a full league start. Montero might be just about the fastest man in football, but despite his World Cup squad credentials, the Ecuadorian winger has been kept on the bench so far. This is apparently down to the good form of wingers Wayne Routledge and Nathan Dyer, who are playing so well that Swansea haven't won in five games and have averaged just a single goal per game over that stretch.

The Swans wingers aren't to blame for the slump but Monk needs to shake things up a bit and out on the wing is where the Swans have strength. Monk's options have been limited in other positions owing to injury, but Montero has been eager to play all season and is one of the few players on the Swans' bench with elite-level skills. Jonjo Shelvey will be back from suspension and the inevitability of Shelvey dropping 60-yard passes over Ritchie de Laet's head for Montero to chase should entice Monk to make the change, even if De Laet has been one of Leicester's best players.

I'd like to say there could be changes elsewhere but what once seemed like a solid summer of transfer business is now looking like a job half done. Monk can't add the fullback and midfield cover Swansea need until January, so starting Montero might be all he can do to inspire a victory. In this case, I think that'll be enough.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Montero on 00:46 - Oct 25 with 1693 viewsJack123

I wanna see him start, I went to the Swans v Everton game, and he is ferking awesome..In real view, he is like watching something from the film the matrix..

libera nos a malo

Montero on 16:49 - Oct 25 with 1632 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Looks like we got what we asked for. Montero starting for Dyer.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Montero on 19:28 - Oct 25 with 1587 viewsmidswan

seems like the old Fruit was correct....
Montero on 19:49 - Oct 25 with 1540 viewsdantheswansman

Wasn't his best game but he made the difference a lot !
That near miss from jon jo though ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,damn
Login to get fewer ads

Montero on 22:31 - Oct 25 with 1393 viewsSgorioFruit

Montero on 19:28 - Oct 25 by midswan

seems like the old Fruit was correct....

Been saying it for weeks havnt i mate?

Oh well, well done Sgoriofruit.

SgorioFruit and im having a laugh, SgorioFruit and im having a laugh, SgorioFruit and im having a laugh.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Montero on 00:02 - Oct 26 with 1331 viewsMrSwan

De Laet done well to be fair but his assist for Bony was brilliant anyone else would have shot from that position the team clearly are getting on very well, fantastic.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Montero on 01:03 - Oct 26 with 1266 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I've been saying this forever. Montero deserves to start. Look what happened once he started.

Come on you Swans.

Montero on 02:02 - Oct 26 with 1226 viewsjack247

Montero on 22:31 - Oct 25 by SgorioFruit

Been saying it for weeks havnt i mate?

Oh well, well done Sgoriofruit.

SgorioFruit and im having a laugh, SgorioFruit and im having a laugh, SgorioFruit and im having a laugh.

No offence like, but the main reason we won was we were playing Leicester at home. Tell us how to get results against Everton, Arsenal and City and I'll be impressed.
Montero on 03:02 - Oct 26 with 1197 viewsSwansNZ

Montero on 02:02 - Oct 26 by jack247

No offence like, but the main reason we won was we were playing Leicester at home. Tell us how to get results against Everton, Arsenal and City and I'll be impressed.

We've beaten them all before, so just do the same as then, init.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Montero on 07:05 - Oct 26 with 1144 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Montero on 19:56 - Oct 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

Was going to start my own thread about this, but ESPN's Swans blogger certainly agrees. Max Hicks is a pretty good blogger (and even calls the sport "football") ;-)

http://www.espnfc.us/club/swansea-city/318/blog/post/2106288/starting-montero-wo

Swansea shake-up

Speaking of acceleration, it's high time Jefferson Montero got a full league start. Montero might be just about the fastest man in football, but despite his World Cup squad credentials, the Ecuadorian winger has been kept on the bench so far. This is apparently down to the good form of wingers Wayne Routledge and Nathan Dyer, who are playing so well that Swansea haven't won in five games and have averaged just a single goal per game over that stretch.

The Swans wingers aren't to blame for the slump but Monk needs to shake things up a bit and out on the wing is where the Swans have strength. Monk's options have been limited in other positions owing to injury, but Montero has been eager to play all season and is one of the few players on the Swans' bench with elite-level skills. Jonjo Shelvey will be back from suspension and the inevitability of Shelvey dropping 60-yard passes over Ritchie de Laet's head for Montero to chase should entice Monk to make the change, even if De Laet has been one of Leicester's best players.

I'd like to say there could be changes elsewhere but what once seemed like a solid summer of transfer business is now looking like a job half done. Monk can't add the fullback and midfield cover Swansea need until January, so starting Montero might be all he can do to inspire a victory. In this case, I think that'll be enough.

What an incredibly sarcastic piece of journalism. I like it !
He'll take some shifting now will Jeff. Needs to improve some of his balls into the box but more game time may take care of that

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Montero on 08:48 - Oct 26 with 1087 viewsblaine_scfc

Absolutely quality yesterday in my opinion, so positive it's unreal, Da Laet is a decent right back aswell.

I do think Dyer should of come on for him and not Routs though, he was knackered.
Montero on 11:11 - Oct 26 with 967 viewsStarsky

Montero on 08:48 - Oct 26 by blaine_scfc

Absolutely quality yesterday in my opinion, so positive it's unreal, Da Laet is a decent right back aswell.

I do think Dyer should of come on for him and not Routs though, he was knackered.

Da Laet... Was impressed by him yesterday,considering who he was up against.
Could do a job for us maybe?

It's just the internet, init.

Montero on 11:32 - Oct 26 with 940 viewsScoobyWho

Montero on 11:11 - Oct 26 by Starsky

Would love to see Montero running at the Liverpool defence on Tuesday.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 11:32]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Montero on 11:33 - Oct 26 with 927 viewsStarsky

Montero on 11:32 - Oct 26 by ScoobyWho

Would love to see Montero running at the Liverpool defence on Tuesday.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 11:32]

Montero Vs Glen Johnson... Oh dear!

Montero on 11:36 - Oct 26 with 916 viewsScoobyWho

Montero on 11:33 - Oct 26 by Starsky

Montero Vs Glen Johnson... Oh dear!

Garry Monk has to make this happen.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Montero on 17:56 - Oct 26 with 806 viewsOldjack

Montero on 11:36 - Oct 26 by ScoobyWho

Garry Monk has to make this happen.

had a damn good game aswel,l put faded in the second half ,he looked knackered to me

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Montero on 18:14 - Oct 26 with 782 viewsSpratty

Montero on 08:48 - Oct 26 by blaine_scfc

Particularly noticed he did a good job of marking Jeff much of the time

Bodes well for when he is not marked so well
Montero on 04:41 - Oct 27 with 686 viewshooplehead

Montero on 11:11 - Oct 26 by Starsky

interestingly enough, leicester fans think he's shite

there are many, many comments of this nature on their board

"I asked before the game, why RDL was picked yet again? Now, after the game, I ask the same question following yet another inept performance, and clearly being the worst player on the field? His awful form is so consistent, that it is nigh on embarrassing."

inability to pass a ball is a regular complaint...we don't need players like that

norwich didn't want him and i think it's a matter of time before leicester drop him for simpson

based on fan's views, i'd hope we are looking for better
Montero on 10:29 - Oct 27 with 611 viewsStarsky

Montero on 04:41 - Oct 27 by hooplehead

interestingly enough, leicester fans think he's shite

there are many, many comments of this nature on their board

"I asked before the game, why RDL was picked yet again? Now, after the game, I ask the same question following yet another inept performance, and clearly being the worst player on the field? His awful form is so consistent, that it is nigh on embarrassing."

inability to pass a ball is a regular complaint...we don't need players like that

norwich didn't want him and i think it's a matter of time before leicester drop him for simpson

based on fan's views, i'd hope we are looking for better

To be honest. I only based my opinion on him on Saturdays game and Leon's comments on Sky. He played with him at Sheff Utd.
I wouldn't go by what forum fans say though. Lol.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024