Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny 23:15 - Oct 19 with 4478 views_

Pressure's on Monk big time but this has been coming the whole season long.

The outburst was bad enough but now he's gone out there on record to say "if one of my players does that in training, he gets fined, if they do it on the pitch they don't play the next game"

Not good enough Garry and FFS wind it mun. Use your head and apply some simple intelligence.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

So now Monk's on 09:51 - Oct 20 with 1160 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Demanding that we play with a certain honesty is very Brian Clough. I'd f-king love it if we aimed for that
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 9:52]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 09:53 - Oct 20 with 1154 views_

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 09:44 - Oct 20 by perchrockjack

chrisssy and chum..

Monk is honest..

Ferguson wasn't

We need to wise up - and you can spin that anyway you want..

Didn't take long did it..

Don't forget OUR yellow cards

I haven't forgotten but i don't think it was said we can't disagree with each other's postings. You clearly are saying on one hand we need to wise up and not be so "honest" and then forgetfully are saying that Ferguson isn't to be admired for well, "being wise" and not so "honest"

You can't have it both ways I'm afraid.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 09:56 - Oct 20 with 1139 viewsperchrockjack

Being honest doesn't mean cheating btw.

Clough s players were always honest and he was respectful to referees at least on the pitch.

He had the likes of Kenny Burns too

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:03 - Oct 20 with 1133 views_

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 09:56 - Oct 20 by perchrockjack

Being honest doesn't mean cheating btw.

Clough s players were always honest and he was respectful to referees at least on the pitch.

He had the likes of Kenny Burns too

But you are saying we need to not be honest which is surely dishonest which would mean cheating, wouldn't it?

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:04 - Oct 20 with 1128 viewsperchrockjack

wrong

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:15 - Oct 20 with 1119 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 09:49 - Oct 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's not helping eitherthat there are photos all over the sports sites of Rangel pulling Moses shirt.
Needed to be said but

Less is best ...!

As a club we need to come to terms with the fact that until we're established and maybe add another cup win to our roll of honours then we are always (at least in some people's minds) going to be a novelty in the PL and get screwed over every once in a while. If we keep whingeing in public and making a song and dance about every wrong call against us we're going to get a negative image for the first time in years.

Gary was right to highlight the penalty as a bad decision but oif he'd have said "well I've looked at the incident a few times now and although the players were running shoulder to shoulder I can't see how minimal contact like that could lead to the player falling in that manner......" and leave the rest of the world to make their own minds up. Hartson tried the antagonistic line on MOTD too but the presenter said missing some clear cut chances cost us the game and then he was on the defensive.

Laudrup played a blinder in that Lamah disallowed goal incident at WBA the season before when he said something along the lines of "it's hard officiating and sometimes the officials get close calls wrong but in this instance it appeared that the official in question didn't know the rules. Mistakes I can take but clearly that was a goal that should have been allowed to stand".
The panelists concurred wholeheartedly with him and he had people on his side. By calling people cheats blatantly he's not doing himself any favours is Garry

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:15 - Oct 20 with 1119 viewsNeiltheTaylor

This subtle use of the English language has me baffled

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:27 - Oct 20 with 1099 viewsshandyjack

Lot of respect from journos and pundits in Twitter for Monks rant yesterday. Sometimes the truth needs saying. I just hope the penalty doesn't distract from a poor performance yet again in 2nd half

Poll: Expectation for the season

Login to get fewer ads

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:31 - Oct 20 with 1087 viewsepaul

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:27 - Oct 20 by shandyjack

Lot of respect from journos and pundits in Twitter for Monks rant yesterday. Sometimes the truth needs saying. I just hope the penalty doesn't distract from a poor performance yet again in 2nd half

Indeed there is, however they are also saying that he muight have made a rod for his back with dropping a player comment

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:41 - Oct 20 with 1063 viewsNeiltheTaylor

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:31 - Oct 20 by epaul

Indeed there is, however they are also saying that he muight have made a rod for his back with dropping a player comment

Wonder if this is why he fell out with Flores?

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:48 - Oct 20 with 1055 viewsicecoldjack

I remember Sousa saying the same stuff in the media and that didn't change a single thing so why monk thinks it will work now is beyond me.

Oliver in fairness protected us better than a lot of refs have against such teams, he got the penalty wrong but overall did a decent job.

Blaming the ref for the defeat ain't really on, sometimes we as a club need to look at our own failings first, our defensive unit have moments where they are all over the place and that normally costs us.

Why are we getting it wrong innthe second half of games? Is it because other teams make the correct adjustments and we don't?

All in all it's no surprise to get beat away at stoke but after such a bright start it feels more painful than it perhaps should.

Monk is giving 100% and that's something we know, what he is perhaps discovering is that work ethic alone isn't enough .

People slated our fitness last year but it's obviously not that as monk talks about his double sessions and attention to detail, so if all those things are now fixed what else can it be?

Our performances are throwing up more questions than answers lately, yet we have by far a stronger squad than last year by all accounts.

Maybe we are just having a poor run of form, 3 pts against leicster and all is well, fail to beat them at home and it's gonnanbeba tough November and the pressure will ne massive on our manager.

We must stick together though, I feel everyone is trying and we can't ask for much more than that.
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:48 - Oct 20 with 1055 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:41 - Oct 20 by NeiltheTaylor

Wonder if this is why he fell out with Flores?

Well obviously he hates the diving thing, (and we ALL felt a bit embarrassed by that aspect of his game) but it may only be me but since Monk took over in February I can't really remember him doing it once. He got pelters for getting sent off twice (though the Palace one he hardly had any choice) but we've lost a very solid and classy defender there and hardly made any profit on him (even though we sold him to a cash rich Arab club) and spent £6 million more on a replacement who isn't quite all that..............at least not yet he isn't .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:54 - Oct 20 with 1049 viewsMusical_Swan

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:48 - Oct 20 by icecoldjack

I remember Sousa saying the same stuff in the media and that didn't change a single thing so why monk thinks it will work now is beyond me.

Oliver in fairness protected us better than a lot of refs have against such teams, he got the penalty wrong but overall did a decent job.

Blaming the ref for the defeat ain't really on, sometimes we as a club need to look at our own failings first, our defensive unit have moments where they are all over the place and that normally costs us.

Why are we getting it wrong innthe second half of games? Is it because other teams make the correct adjustments and we don't?

All in all it's no surprise to get beat away at stoke but after such a bright start it feels more painful than it perhaps should.

Monk is giving 100% and that's something we know, what he is perhaps discovering is that work ethic alone isn't enough .

People slated our fitness last year but it's obviously not that as monk talks about his double sessions and attention to detail, so if all those things are now fixed what else can it be?

Our performances are throwing up more questions than answers lately, yet we have by far a stronger squad than last year by all accounts.

Maybe we are just having a poor run of form, 3 pts against leicster and all is well, fail to beat them at home and it's gonnanbeba tough November and the pressure will ne massive on our manager.

We must stick together though, I feel everyone is trying and we can't ask for much more than that.

A very good summary. My feelings exactly!

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:56 - Oct 20 with 1044 viewsPhil_S

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:03 - Oct 20 by _

But you are saying we need to not be honest which is surely dishonest which would mean cheating, wouldn't it?

Maybe I am reading wrong but I think what he is saying that Monk was too honest in his after match comments

You made reference somewhere to Chico. Chico was a blatant cheat at times and it was embarrassing to watch. I certainly would never want to see our players going down that route just to win a few points.

Naïve romanticism it maybe but I don't care
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 11:22 - Oct 20 with 1008 viewsperchrockjack

Yes he was.

Its interviews that get manager s fines.

Its life today and honesty just isn't what its about.

If you watch the master of lying and deviousness-MOURINHO- you ll see a master at work.

Its sad but its football today..

I m rather proud ,in a way, we have a manager that doesn't intimidate or bully officials and basically bullshuite to the cameras but it is costing us and Im sure we re seen as a soft touch.

This is what Pulis would change if he went into our club.

just saying like

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 13:54 - Oct 20 with 921 views_

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 10:56 - Oct 20 by Phil_S

Maybe I am reading wrong but I think what he is saying that Monk was too honest in his after match comments

You made reference somewhere to Chico. Chico was a blatant cheat at times and it was embarrassing to watch. I certainly would never want to see our players going down that route just to win a few points.

Naïve romanticism it maybe but I don't care

Well he said "we're too honest and either we wise up or we go down"

If he'd had said Monk is too honest I wouldn't have batted an eyelid, but well, he didn't.

Makes no difference now anyway.

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 15:07 - Oct 20 with 866 viewsperchrockjack

Either we wise up or go down(wards); yea I stand by that.
Wiseing dost mean cheating.

ITS like being muzzled innit

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 15:14 - Oct 20 with 857 viewskopperburgjack

Absolute rubbish, all he done was give a true and honest opinion

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 17:12 - Oct 20 with 785 viewshammy

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 09:49 - Oct 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's not helping eitherthat there are photos all over the sports sites of Rangel pulling Moses shirt.
Needed to be said but

Less is best ...!

He only got hold of Moses's shirt when he started diving and was trying to keep him up ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 17:18 - Oct 20 with 780 viewsLeonisGod

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:05 - Oct 20 by Spratty

I was longing for Chico today given his excellent game when we got out draw there in Feb.

Don't know if he would have made a difference but he definitely had something about him that gave you confidence.

Confidence and Chico are not two words I'd put together. You knew you would get 'something' from him, but that something could vary from a defensive masterclass, to a comedy of errors, to a match-costing stupidity with a reckless challenge, to a complete embarrassment of a pantomime show. I always held my breath when he went anywhere near the ball. Maybe that unpredictability gave him an edge? Dunno.

Fernandez inspires much more confidence in me. But he's probably not flashy enough for some.
So now Monk's on 17:21 - Oct 20 with 774 viewsPrivate_Partz

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 11:22 - Oct 20 by perchrockjack

Yes he was.

Its interviews that get manager s fines.

Its life today and honesty just isn't what its about.

If you watch the master of lying and deviousness-MOURINHO- you ll see a master at work.

Its sad but its football today..

I m rather proud ,in a way, we have a manager that doesn't intimidate or bully officials and basically bullshuite to the cameras but it is costing us and Im sure we re seen as a soft touch.

This is what Pulis would change if he went into our club.

just saying like

Why would we want Pullis who plays an entirely different game? Especially when our players have been picked to play a passing game and trained to play a different way over the years. If it does not work out for Gary them we want to bring in someone who can continue our philosophy. Apparently the Southampton manager was keen ;-)

It is early days to start hanging Gary out to dry but he was appointed as a rookie and he is going to make mistakes and I think he has had a bad weekend both on and off the pitch.

We are still in a healthy position however and I hope he learns from his mistakes and progresses as a manager but it was always going to be a risk.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 17:23]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 19:19 - Oct 20 with 712 viewsperchrockjack

I am merely stating my opinion which is Pulis , being far more cunning, would not have us out bullied.

Nobody messes with him. I'm not a huge fan btw but we certainly need to toughen up. Is that not fair

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 20:01 - Oct 20 with 688 viewsStarsky

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:08 - Oct 20 by Brynmill_Jack

I can't fault your logic, the moral high ground is a tricky place to occupy. I wonder how a Flores/ Fernandez pairing would have done for us in defence?
By the way, what's PRJ on about? I've blocked him see.................

So you've blocked RIchie but keep asking what he's writing?
How old are you ffs?

It's just the internet, init.

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 20:17 - Oct 20 with 676 viewsVetchitBack

Monk has complained about terrible/cowardly refs and not got a response.

Now he's made sure he has one.

The end.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 20:20 - Oct 20 with 665 viewsStarsky

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 20:17 - Oct 20 by VetchitBack

Monk has complained about terrible/cowardly refs and not got a response.

Now he's made sure he has one.

The end.

He's got a response on Talksport tonight.
Stan collymore Is going off on one... In his defence.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024