Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny 23:15 - Oct 19 with 4468 views_

Pressure's on Monk big time but this has been coming the whole season long.

The outburst was bad enough but now he's gone out there on record to say "if one of my players does that in training, he gets fined, if they do it on the pitch they don't play the next game"

Not good enough Garry and FFS wind it mun. Use your head and apply some simple intelligence.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 23:17 - Oct 19 with 2682 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Sometimes less is more
Mourhino is an expert at this

Although it is refreshing to here the truth a little bit of emotion and inexperience showed today
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 23:21 - Oct 19 with 2664 views_

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 23:17 - Oct 19 by TenkosBlondeWig

Sometimes less is more
Mourhino is an expert at this

Although it is refreshing to here the truth a little bit of emotion and inexperience showed today

I can just about put up with his outburst albeit very unprofessional, it's justthese silly type of comments mentioned above he's prone to... That's got to stop.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 23:28 - Oct 19 with 2621 viewsperchrockjack

It's a case of being economic with the truth as you see it.

Monk should have kept schtum and been more subtle.

There again, he wasn't a great player himself but an honest one..

We re simply too honest and either we wise up or go down.

Pulis for manager then, a proven operator and cunning as f@ck.. Innit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

So now Monk's on 23:42 - Oct 19 with 2575 viewsSpratty

Less is more for me, especially when you have put yourself under tremendous pressure to live up to your own press. Just comes over as uncontrolled pure raw anger, Create a snowstorm of blame rather than address the issues with the team.

As said commits us to an action that may cause us problems and if we don't live up to it we will be a laughing stock.
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 23:46 - Oct 19 with 2557 viewsperchrockjack

So ,should the board be considering dumping monk and bring in an experienced manager as monk ,it seems, as others have alluded to, is out of his depth.

If we carry on for the next two months as we are, this question will arise in earnest.

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 23:57 - Oct 19 with 2541 viewsSwanseajill

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 23:28 - Oct 19 by perchrockjack

It's a case of being economic with the truth as you see it.

Monk should have kept schtum and been more subtle.

There again, he wasn't a great player himself but an honest one..

We re simply too honest and either we wise up or go down.

Pulis for manager then, a proven operator and cunning as f@ck.. Innit

Richie, I was angry after watching Today's game. Some of the words I used would get me a fine if I was employed as a manager. And as Mark Hughes said today...with experience you learn to not express your thoughts to the media.
Yes, he should have kept schtum, but we all are human and anger cannot always be controled.
Reading between the lines, his complaints have been going on for not just the Stoke game, but for poor refereeing decisions that have increased this season. 70 to 80% of the games we have have had poor referees! referees who's decisions can ultimately destroy clubs at the end of a season? Why refs are not constantly retraining I'm not sure.
But manhandling an opposition player was always a foul.
When was that taken out of the rule book in recent years? I must have missed that one!
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 23:57 - Oct 19 with 2538 views_

I've got to laugh about posters moaning we are "too honest"

Chico Flores was a natural born competitor and winner. He was absolutely brilliant for us as far as I'm concerned and hey, sometimes he used all the toolage in his armoury....

I'm sure the same fans now calling for us to wise up hung him out to dry.

Monk played in the same team as Gomez and as captain I don't remember him being too fussy when he'd win us no end of free kicks and bookings for the opposition.

It goes on in the game - get over it. In fact, you can imagine what the West Ham fans are saying abut Monks words now, can't ya....

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:03 - Oct 20 with 2515 views_

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 23:57 - Oct 19 by Swanseajill

Richie, I was angry after watching Today's game. Some of the words I used would get me a fine if I was employed as a manager. And as Mark Hughes said today...with experience you learn to not express your thoughts to the media.
Yes, he should have kept schtum, but we all are human and anger cannot always be controled.
Reading between the lines, his complaints have been going on for not just the Stoke game, but for poor refereeing decisions that have increased this season. 70 to 80% of the games we have have had poor referees! referees who's decisions can ultimately destroy clubs at the end of a season? Why refs are not constantly retraining I'm not sure.
When was that taken out of the rule book in recent years? I must have missed that one!

Oh please.....come on. That's just simply not true.

There's no such thing as a biased ref but definitely fans with chips on their shoulder.

Login to get fewer ads

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:05 - Oct 20 with 2510 viewsSpratty

I was longing for Chico today given his excellent game when we got out draw there in Feb.

Don't know if he would have made a difference but he definitely had something about him that gave you confidence.
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:08 - Oct 20 with 2500 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 23:57 - Oct 19 by _

I've got to laugh about posters moaning we are "too honest"

Chico Flores was a natural born competitor and winner. He was absolutely brilliant for us as far as I'm concerned and hey, sometimes he used all the toolage in his armoury....

I'm sure the same fans now calling for us to wise up hung him out to dry.

Monk played in the same team as Gomez and as captain I don't remember him being too fussy when he'd win us no end of free kicks and bookings for the opposition.

It goes on in the game - get over it. In fact, you can imagine what the West Ham fans are saying abut Monks words now, can't ya....

I can't fault your logic, the moral high ground is a tricky place to occupy. I wonder how a Flores/ Fernandez pairing would have done for us in defence?
By the way, what's PRJ on about? I've blocked him see.................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

So now Monk's on 00:11 - Oct 20 with 2489 viewsSpratty

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 23:46 - Oct 19 by perchrockjack

So ,should the board be considering dumping monk and bring in an experienced manager as monk ,it seems, as others have alluded to, is out of his depth.

If we carry on for the next two months as we are, this question will arise in earnest.

Think for now we just need to hope it gels - the team is strong enough. Need to give Gomis a chance and get us playing more consistently as a unit whilst best utilising the considerable talent we have available. Need to address the fall off in the second half.

Next week is important - as much the nature of the game as the result - although not an easy game in itself. After that we have a few tougher games so our security blanket of points could evaporate quickly.

Might suggest help to counter Monks inexperience but he was adamant he did not want that as he would see it as a personal failure. It is however the success of the team that matters at the moment.

As ever a couple of wins and hopefully everything will be rosy in the garden again, but there are obviously issues we need to address.
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:11 - Oct 20 with 2487 views_

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:08 - Oct 20 by Brynmill_Jack

I can't fault your logic, the moral high ground is a tricky place to occupy. I wonder how a Flores/ Fernandez pairing would have done for us in defence?
By the way, what's PRJ on about? I've blocked him see.................

Well in the space of an hour or so he's stating we're too honest and we need to wise up while crucifying Ferguson for, well, being too wise, I think.

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:22 - Oct 20 with 2454 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Anybody remember Gylfi's tumble early on and the disappointment in his face when he went down and knew the Stoke keeper had avoided any contact?

I wonder if Garry will ban Gylfi from the next match, or does his rule only apply if the player is successful?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:30 - Oct 20 with 2440 viewsSwanseajill

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:22 - Oct 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Anybody remember Gylfi's tumble early on and the disappointment in his face when he went down and knew the Stoke keeper had avoided any contact?

I wonder if Garry will ban Gylfi from the next match, or does his rule only apply if the player is successful?

Only if Gylfi's fall in the box was a dive. I hate to disappoint you, but it wasn't.
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:30 - Oct 20 with 2436 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:22 - Oct 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well spotted Dwight. I thought at first he wrong footed himself and lost his balance but the truth of the matter is that he looked to con the ref. I don't know why he didn't try to curl the ball round the keeper when he first broke into the box - surely it can't be a lack of confidence. The man's on fire at the moment.

So now Monk's on 00:32 - Oct 20 with 2425 viewsSpratty

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 23:57 - Oct 19 by Swanseajill

He had a previous meeting to give his views and concerns to a ref 's representative. Good enough idea and constructive way forward. Sounds like he is mad because he is not happy with the response or lack thereof to the meeting. It is annoying if they did not get back to him as promised but personally think bringing this up on TV as part of a rant is not necessarily the most constructive way forward.

I take your point about anger but Monk is not a trainee manager he is our proper manager and IMO needs to keep himself in control in order to press our case in the best way and maintain our professionalism.
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:32 - Oct 20 with 2424 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:30 - Oct 20 by Swanseajill

Only if Gylfi's fall in the box was a dive. I hate to disappoint you, but it wasn't.

I think you're being a bit naive there Jill with all due respect. He mucked up his first touch and tried to angle for a pen.

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:36 - Oct 20 with 2396 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:30 - Oct 20 by Swanseajill

Having watched it a few times he quite clearly took a heavy touch and went down hoping Begovic would make contact with him.

He felt no contact and so didn't bother appealing, instead he looked embarrassed and got to his feet with his head looking straight into the ground like a naughty schoolboy.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:37 - Oct 20 with 2400 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:11 - Oct 20 by _

Well in the space of an hour or so he's stating we're too honest and we need to wise up while crucifying Ferguson for, well, being too wise, I think.

Thanks Chris for saving me from reading the madman's ramblings lol

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:45 - Oct 20 with 2382 viewsSwanseajill

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:32 - Oct 20 by Brynmill_Jack

I think you're being a bit naive there Jill with all due respect. He mucked up his first touch and tried to angle for a pen.

I've watched it a few times, he tripped. I don't remember him ever diving for a pen with his current or previous contract with us.
Perhaps like us all we are blaming everything and everyone for the loss today. Like Garry we are all angry.
Fact is we don't ever beat Stoke, they are a shite team, with a fair scattering of bully boys, and we can't or won't play them at their game.
So now Monk's on 00:46 - Oct 20 with 2381 viewsSpratty

Are we saying Siggy is out for the next match
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:53 - Oct 20 with 2369 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:45 - Oct 20 by Swanseajill

I've watched it a few times, he tripped. I don't remember him ever diving for a pen with his current or previous contract with us.
Perhaps like us all we are blaming everything and everyone for the loss today. Like Garry we are all angry.
Fact is we don't ever beat Stoke, they are a shite team, with a fair scattering of bully boys, and we can't or won't play them at their game.

We were so superior to them in the first half before their fortuotous penalty it was almost embarrassing. Damn right I'm angry. But GM is blaming that penalty decision but we should have won despite that

So now Monk's on 00:59 - Oct 20 with 2346 viewsSpratty

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 00:45 - Oct 20 by Swanseajill

Except of course when we beat them 3-1 Jan last year and 2-0 the season before

Don't think we are getting angry just making our points I think quite rationally.

Disappointed certainly

Checked out the Siggy thing - does seem to be dragging his leg across
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 1:12]
So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 09:44 - Oct 20 with 2093 viewsperchrockjack

chrisssy and chum..

Monk is honest..

Ferguson wasn't

We need to wise up - and you can spin that anyway you want..

Didn't take long did it..

Don't forget OUR yellow cards

So now Monk's "look at me"/arrogant comments come under national scrutiny on 09:49 - Oct 20 with 2081 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It's not helping eitherthat there are photos all over the sports sites of Rangel pulling Moses shirt.
Needed to be said but

Less is best ...!

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024