Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? 04:38 - Oct 20 with 3002 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I don't think its going to happen (unless our poor run of results continue of course), but who would you want as a replacement?

I think Gianfranco Zola would be great. He's always pushed for attacking football in the two teams he's coached so he'll no doubt continue our tradition of attractive play, and he's a lovely bloke.

I like Pulis, but I just don't think we're suited for him. Although he gets results, he's far too defensive, and he'd totally wreck our philosophy. I want our team to stay up as much as the next supporter, but I would hate to see us play boring football.

Come on you Swans.

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 07:45 - Oct 20 with 1798 viewsjacksinceever

Pulis would be great for us.
The board would only give him the job if he were to accept a more attack minded approach and I feel he has the ability to do this.
That said, it's early days for Monk - as yet
Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 09:27 - Oct 20 with 1723 viewsPhil_S

I'm really at a loss to understand why we are having a 'who should replace Monk' discussion let alone one that says Zola would be a good candidate
Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 10:13 - Oct 20 with 1689 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I guess we need the man for a crisis...step up T*ny P**is.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 10:13]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 10:17 - Oct 20 with 1683 viewshammy

DYSS ... his combined experience of both Swans and Manure would be unstoppable !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 10:26 - Oct 20 with 1667 viewsLeonisGod

Well at least one man won't be interested now - Ronald Koeman. Looks like we dodged a bullet there [not]
Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 12:12 - Oct 20 with 1611 viewstomdickharry

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 09:27 - Oct 20 by Phil_S

I'm really at a loss to understand why we are having a 'who should replace Monk' discussion let alone one that says Zola would be a good candidate

Because the whole £100M business of Swansea City is resting on his shoulders some fans are naturally concerned that he is perhaps not equipped for the job of retaining our PL place and needs to be replaced, whom with is purely speculative,could be David Moyes would be an interesting choice.
Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 12:15 - Oct 20 with 1601 viewsPhil_S

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 12:12 - Oct 20 by tomdickharry

Because the whole £100M business of Swansea City is resting on his shoulders some fans are naturally concerned that he is perhaps not equipped for the job of retaining our PL place and needs to be replaced, whom with is purely speculative,could be David Moyes would be an interesting choice.

Unfortunately I believe you are being serious as well in your belief that he needs to be replaced

8 games into a season where we are currently in the Top 10

Hope it doesn't offend you but maybe being a football fan is not for you if you are being serious
Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 12:18 - Oct 20 with 1595 viewsLeonisGod

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 09:27 - Oct 20 by Phil_S

At a loss? You've seen the drama we have after 1 bad result, let alone 5. I'd say this discussion in completely in keeping with the forum. Pointless, but in keeping. Wait til we beat Leicester and then we'll be challenging for a European spot again.
Login to get fewer ads

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 12:18 - Oct 20 with 1589 viewsWarwickHunt

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 10:26 - Oct 20 by LeonisGod

Well at least one man won't be interested now - Ronald Koeman. Looks like we dodged a bullet there [not]

Not even worth an interview, mun....
Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 12:56 - Oct 20 with 1535 views_

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 12:15 - Oct 20 by Phil_S

Unfortunately I believe you are being serious as well in your belief that he needs to be replaced

8 games into a season where we are currently in the Top 10

Hope it doesn't offend you but maybe being a football fan is not for you if you are being serious

Phil, with all due respect he's answered a question in a forum...

And lets face it, regardless of being 8th now that would mean nothing if we're still on a downward slide come Christmas (extremely worrying stage)

I'd like to think the Board would be prepared for any eventuality... and everything is realistic in this league - your shout for a finish between 8th and 14th and also relegation i'm afraid.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 14:52 - Oct 20 with 1459 viewsPhil_S

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 12:56 - Oct 20 by _

Phil, with all due respect he's answered a question in a forum...

And lets face it, regardless of being 8th now that would mean nothing if we're still on a downward slide come Christmas (extremely worrying stage)

I'd like to think the Board would be prepared for any eventuality... and everything is realistic in this league - your shout for a finish between 8th and 14th and also relegation i'm afraid.

So we have assumed that a run that has seen us not win in 5 will continue now until Christmas?

Despite no evidence that this will be the case?

Or were the same people saying that we would win the league after three games?
Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 15:02 - Oct 20 with 1436 viewsunion_jack

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 14:52 - Oct 20 by Phil_S

So we have assumed that a run that has seen us not win in 5 will continue now until Christmas?

It may well do. Tough fixtures coming up, every defeat a knock to morale.

As T2C said, anything can happen.

You seem to get very upset if a thread is started about relegation, new manager etc. They're discussion points, nothing else.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 16:27 - Oct 20 with 1390 viewsPhil_S

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 15:02 - Oct 20 by union_jack

It may well do. Tough fixtures coming up, every defeat a knock to morale.

As T2C said, anything can happen.

You seem to get very upset if a thread is started about relegation, new manager etc. They're discussion points, nothing else.

Blimey you think this is getting upset? Do you really think people are that precious

I'm just amazed that people panic about relegation 8 games into a season when we have 11 points on the board in a division where anywhere around 1 point a game is generally seen to be more than enough

You seem to get very upset it people disagree with you - its my discussion points, nothing else
Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 16:35 - Oct 20 with 1369 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Why hasn't anyone called for the OP to be banned? Creating such a thread constitutes 'WUMing' and 'Trolling' apparently.

Hypocrisy is rife once again on PlanetSwans.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 16:48 - Oct 20 with 1352 viewsmattjenkins1990

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 16:27 - Oct 20 by Phil_S

Blimey you think this is getting upset? Do you really think people are that precious

I'm just amazed that people panic about relegation 8 games into a season when we have 11 points on the board in a division where anywhere around 1 point a game is generally seen to be more than enough

You seem to get very upset it people disagree with you - its my discussion points, nothing else

Phil is Entitled to his view that it is silly to be discussing the sacking of a manager and relegation the same as those who are worried about a downward spiral.

Personally I believe Garry is doing a good job and talk of him being sacked is verging on Insulting. We are currently 8th in the Table alongside Arsenal, Man United Tottenham and Stoke.

The last few Results we have dropped some points but Football is a game of up's and downs you will never win them all. Also please bare in mind that some points dropped were Chelsea Away (not many teams will get a result), Southampton (who drummed Sunderland 8-0) and Stoke Away and anyone who knows anything realises that the Britannia is a very difficult place to get points with a side who were most liklely fatigued from Internationl Duty and in some cases long flights.

Newcastle was unlucky and i was a bit disappointed not to get the 3 points but in the majority the results have been expected.

I think for the minute the Work ethic shown by the team and staff is top notch. There is a clear respect there for Monk who is giving his heart for the Club. There are elements of the game to work on but in terms of some of the football being played it is very good, consistency is the key.

To summarise I think expectations were blown out of proportion in the first few game. Monk must be given time to establish himself.

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 17:06 - Oct 20 with 1308 views_

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 14:52 - Oct 20 by Phil_S

Would that be the no evidence of 5 games without a win?

And I've assumed nothing - just saying that "if" this downward spiral were to continue to Christmas (November being a toughie with only Palace as saving grace) then we are very unlikely to still be in 8th or in fact lauding our first 3 games of the season.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 17:10 - Oct 20 with 1298 viewsskippyjack

Michael O'Neill..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 17:14 - Oct 20 with 1287 viewsNOTRAC

Up to now nineteen managers have been sacked by League clubs this season.
In the Premiership Harry Rednapp is odds on to be the next manager to be sacked,Gary Monk is 40-1against.
Bookies rarely get it wrong.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 18:03 - Oct 20 with 1243 viewswsmJACK

I would like to see Di Matteo herepersonally
Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 18:32 - Oct 20 with 1217 viewsthomasJack

dont hope monk gets sakcked

Poll: Next signing

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 19:13 - Oct 20 with 1185 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Leigh dineen runs a team .

He could be a front runner.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 19:15 - Oct 20 with 1178 viewsunion_jack

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 16:27 - Oct 20 by Phil_S

Please show me where I have got upset when people disagree with me. I am all for an opinion and yours included.

However, you spent the tail end if last season batting off people who dared to mention the R word and thankfully you were right. I believe I was one of the first to acknowledge the fact.

We've some tough fixtures ahead and at present are showing frailties which could get worse as each game passes. No one hopes that but they are there to see if you look. They are not necessarily skill levels, more mental weaknesses as a team. That has to be strengthened or else every second half we're going to lose at least one fan or poster to a heart attack!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 19:58 - Oct 20 with 1139 viewsMyFinalHeaven

This is just for discussion purposes--I don't know what you're getting so antsy over. Plus, its not like Monk getting sacked is a far fetched scenario. Few thought that Laudrup was going to be sacked at the same time last year when we were in similar position to where we are now (10 points vs. 11 points now after 8 games played), and look what happened.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 20:00]

Come on you Swans.

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 20:09 - Oct 20 with 1119 viewsStarsky

After 8 games we are higher in the table than we would have taken before the start of the season.
Most of you lot would consider 17th a good finish.
So what exactly is the problem?
Look at the bigger picture FFS.
We win some we lose some.

It's just the internet, init.

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 20:48 - Oct 20 with 1079 viewsFerrieBodde

Lets say Monk gets sacked later this season. Who would you want to replace him? on 20:09 - Oct 20 by Starsky

After 8 games we are higher in the table than we would have taken before the start of the season.
Most of you lot would consider 17th a good finish.
So what exactly is the problem?
Look at the bigger picture FFS.
We win some we lose some.

Don't know what you're going on about. With the lineup we have and the money we've spent, I don't think there's anyone here that would consider 17th a good finish.

And frankly, I thought we'd have more than 11 points after 8 games when I looked at the first 8 we had to play at the start of the season, as did others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024